Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London (87635 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 8:10pm On Apr 19, 2012
ritchboy: Hehehe. . .

But one has to admit RDM is a lucky man. There's hardly a result since he took over which hasn't flattered him. Barca shoulda scored 4 or 5 without fuss. cheesy

leave them -
when the results start spiralling downwards now, the same set of goats would continue their gnashing of teeth.
it's not like they actually stopped barca last night, sanchez and fabregas especially were wasteful.
they breached the chelsea defence and wasted 5 good chances barca would have buried on another night.
if barca could do it on a small pitch in london, i shudder to think what it would be next week.

chelsea scored a goal from their 2 shots on target, barcelona scored nowt in 15 shots on target.
that barcelona were able to breach that many times with chelsea's 10 man behind the ball tactics says a lot.

i wait patiently........
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Ibime(m): 8:20pm On Apr 19, 2012
coogar:
you keep confusing yourself.
villas boas wanted flair in his football. that particular style of play did not suit the chelsea veterans.
and we mentioned that back then that the chelsea veterans are not suited to that brand of football.

a new manager came in and he's playing the dull, boring, long ball to drogba tactics, and it suited the veterans.
how does this make villas-boas a wack manager? which of the chelsea players would suit tiki-taka that barcelona play?
and if they fail to adapt to that brand of football, should we then blame pep guardiola or blame lampard for his insipidity?

If you weren't an obdurate fool, you would know you were typing rubbish.

AVB wanted to play tiki-taka with Ramires as the main fulcrum of his midfield? Coogar, you need deliverance!

He would be better off playing tiki-taka with Reo-Coker as his signature midfielder!

Do you think Porto played tiki-taka or did they play swift transition footie? The only decent passer of a footballer they had in midfield was their DM Joao Moutinho (same thing we have in Mikel and Oriol Romeu). The other two midfielders (Alvaro Perreira and Guarin) are swift fast pressers of the ball like Ramires who are not noted for any tiki-taka.

You need deliverance!

If you werent an obdurate troglodyte, you would know that in Ancelotti's first season, Chelsea were tiki-taka Kings with these same players and scored 107 goals with it.

You would know that Chelsea dominate possession against almost every team, yet possession is not 9/10ths of the law. We have seen games with Scolari where Chelsea control 75% possession but teams just park the bus and hit on the counterattack like they do to Swansea. Thats what happens when you dominate possession but Shekpe keeper (for Torres, read Danny Graham) and your wingers (for Kalou and Malouda, read Sinclair and Dyer) do not convert possession into goals. Chelsea midfielders have never had any problem dominating possession.

A fool like you might have accused Fabregas of being unable to play possession footie just because Arsenal finish fourth very season after teams soak up their narrow play and hit em on the counter-attack.

Possession is not 9/10ths of the law. As of March, Chelsea were 3rd best team in possession yet flopping just like Arsenal.

Please shut up and tell us how Scholes and Anderson's "flair" would have taken Kalou and Malouda to titles.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by chic2pimp(m): 8:27pm On Apr 19, 2012
coogar:

leave them -
when the results start spiralling downwards now, the same set of goats would continue their gnashing of teeth.
it's not like they actually stopped barca last night, sanchez and fabregas especially were wasteful.
they breached the chelsea defence and wasted 5 good chances barca would have buried on another night.
if barca could do it on a small pitch in london, i shudder to think what it would be next week.
Exactly my points.
Granted chelsea put in a very good defensive performance but a great one it definitely wasn't.
They did after all create 5 clear cut opportunities.
If you are looking for a great one check out at Inter at the Nou Camp
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 8:33pm On Apr 19, 2012
Ibime:
If you weren't an obdurate fool, you would know you were typing rubbish.
AVB wanted to play tiki-taka with Ramires as the main fulcrum of his midfield. Coogar, you need deliverance!
He would be better off playing tiki-taka with Reo-Coker as his signature midfielder!

for goodness' sake, stop talking out of your arse.
i did not say avb wanted to play tiki-take. i said he wanted attacking football with flair.
ramirez is the best candidate in the dross chelsea fc call midfielders.

Do you think Porto played tiki-taka or did they play swift footie? The only decent passer of a footballer they had in midfield was their DM Joao Moutinho (same thing we have in Mikel and Oriol Romeu). The other two midfielders (Alvaro Perreira and Guarin) are swift fast pressers of the ball like Ramires who are not noted for any tiki-taka. You need deliverance!

he is making his own argument again. where in my post did i say villas-boas played tiki-taka.
or any attacking football with flair = tiki taka? ibime, use your brains now.
before you know it now, you would start peddling this info about that i said porto played tiki taka under villas boas.

If you werent an obdurate troglodyte, you would know that in Ancelotti's first season, Chelsea were tiki-taka Kings with these same players and scored 107 goals with it. You would know that Chelsea dominate possession against almost every team with Ancelotti and Scolari, yet possession is not 9/10ths of the law. We have seen games with Scolari where Chelsea control 75% possession but teams just park the bus and hit on the counterattack like they do to Swansea. Thats what happens when you dominate possession but Shekpe keeper (for Torres, read Danny Graham) and your wingers (for Kalou and Malouda, read Sinclair and Dyer) do not convert possession into goals. Chelsea midfielders have never had any problem dominating possession.

whoever said possession is the almighty formular in football - you love making your arguments.
keeping possession is good but you have to do something with it while you have it. a good example, barcelona last night.
however, not having possession at all won't get you far in the league. you might get away with it in few games but the league
is a 38-game marathon. so use your head when debating with me, you inscrutable arselicker.

A fool like you might have accused Fabregas of being unable to play possession footie just because Arsenal finish fourth very season.

even when statistics say arsenal hug possession in every game? hell no!
i am not as daft as you are lying to us this current chelsea bunch have the highest possession stat in the league.

Possession is not 9/10ths of the law. As of the time AVB left, Chelsea were 3rd best team in possession yet flopping just like Arsenal.

irrelevant.
what is relevant is chelsea don't have the players who could adapt to attacking football with flair.
too many mechanical footballers in the team. how can chelsea be 6th on the table? unthinkable!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 20, 2012
irrelevant.
what is relevant is chelsea don't have the players who could adapt to attacking football with flair.
too many mechanical footballers in the team. how can chelsea be 6th on the table? unthinkable!!

You can write an epistle if you like.
The reason Chelsea is 6th is because we hired a rookie who doesn't know the difference between his [i]a[/i]ss and his face.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 20, 2012
^^ Give the Teen some Credit Man cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dyabman(m): 10:20am On Apr 20, 2012
BlueDiva:

You can write an epistle if you like.
The reason Chelsea is 6th is because we hired a rookie who doesn't know the difference between his [i]a[/i]ss and his face.

I hope you don't dream about this AVB..

tell me how do you rate Ramirez in that match and overall this season?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 20, 2012
dyabman:

I hope you don't dream about this AVB..

tell me how do you rate Ramirez in that match and overall this season?

Ramires was 65% in the Barca game.
Overall this season is 60%.

Ramires is a mediocre player with pace.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dyabman(m): 10:39am On Apr 20, 2012
BlueDiva:

Ramires was 65% in the Barca game.
Overall this season is 60%.

Ramires is a mediocre player with pace.

I still Appreciate . Thank you!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 3:07pm On Apr 20, 2012
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by ritchboy(m): 3:39pm On Apr 20, 2012
dayokanu:

This image should be framed. . .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by afrodoc(m): 4:02pm On Apr 20, 2012
meeeen! is dt photoshopped?
it looks like dt move late in d game dt had drogba running alone down d left n hunted by a horde of barca players,then tried passing to a late running team mate on d right but it(d pass) was intercepted.i knew they were many but NINE?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by diggz: 6:43pm On Apr 20, 2012
Coogar kindly continue ur madt essays for Ur thread cos,even swansea plays beta footie dan ManU yet dey are where? If we tk stats of Ur oldies am sure dey are more or same as CFCs so wats d cry bout ours? Bros kindly inhale or look bush for inspiration cos Ur analyses(plus nateevs) actually sucks dis days. I kinda pity nateevs dat his yet to see u playing d devils advocate here. Aspa havin brain fart insults and all dat,kindly save dem for Urself. Tanx bruv
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by afrodoc(m): 7:45pm On Apr 20, 2012
i dey laff cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dare2think: 8:33pm On Apr 20, 2012
HATERS GONNA HATE REGARDLESS!!!!!

Who cares if barca played better football or had more possessions, fact is they lost.

Since winning is the aim of football, chelsea was the better team that night.

Defence is also part of football and chelsea excelled in that aspect, barca's attacking prowess was inadequate else the score-line will reflect something different.

Until 'ball possessions' and 'beautiful football' begin to equate to 3points or an extra goal, you haters can kiss chealsea's as*s

Chelsea 1 - Barcelona 0

No amount of hating or ball possessions will change the above scoreline!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by mykali(m): 8:42pm On Apr 20, 2012
dare2think: HATERS GONNA HATE REGARDLESS!!!!!

Who cares if barca played better football or had more possessions, fact is they lost.

Since winning is the aim of football, chelsea was the better team that night.

Defence is also part of football and chelsea excelled in that aspect, barca's attacking prowess was inadequate else the score-line will reflect something different.

Until 'ball possessions' and 'beautiful football' begin to equate to 3points or an extra goal, you haters can kiss chealsea's as*s

Chelsea 1 - Barcelona 0

No amount of hating or ball possessions will change the above scoreline!

WORD
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 1:00pm On Apr 21, 2012
Fernandud don start again
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by afrodoc(m): 1:15pm On Apr 21, 2012
is mike dean blind?
an obvious chelsea corner!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by afrodoc(m): 1:29pm On Apr 21, 2012
d chelsea crossbar yet again!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 1:36pm On Apr 21, 2012
This match looks like a matchup between 2 amateur sides
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Ibime(m): 1:53pm On Apr 21, 2012
Bertrand killing it

Essien one step behind play all the time (old age)

Kalou getting a lot of joy over Sagna

Torres and Studge need to step it up
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 21, 2012
Bertrand has been pretty decent not only in this match.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 21, 2012
Kalou's eye for goal is awful.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by afrodoc(m): 2:23pm On Apr 21, 2012
torres falls at d wrong time,YET AGAIN
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 2:25pm On Apr 21, 2012
dayokanu: This match looks like a matchup between 2 amateur sides

There's only one amateur here. Chelsea could have started with Mata, lamps, Drogba, Cole, Mikel, Ivanovic . Arsenal have it easy and don't even look like winning.

Meanwhile, every single game bertrand shows why we can have some options in the youth.
How atrociuos has Danny been?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 2:27pm On Apr 21, 2012
nateevs:

There's only one amateur here. Chelsea could have started with Mata, lamps, Drogba, Cole, Mikel, Ivanovic . Arsenal have it easy and don't even look like winning.

Meanwhile, every single game bertrand shows why we can have some options in the youth.
How atrociuos has Danny been?

So you know one of the amateurs is Fernandud? LOL

Honestly I am not sure that was a right lineup, because making top 4 is as important as the match in Nou camp

Actually it looks like Sturridge has a mental problem. If him and Welbeck are the future of England then I can only laugh
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by afrodoc(m): 2:28pm On Apr 21, 2012
sturridge is a MEGA i.d.i.o.t! wtf was that?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 21, 2012
what was sturridge trying to do?

Dude isn't helping himself one bit. Arrow!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 2:29pm On Apr 21, 2012
Honestly I am not sure that was a right lineup, because making top 4 is as important as the match in Nou camp

Actually it looks like Sturridge has a mental problem. If him and Welbeck are the future of England then I can only laugh
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 2:30pm On Apr 21, 2012
dayokanu:

So you know one of the amateurs is Fernandud? LOL

I thought he should start strong and give a rest if need be.
Like you said, top four is more important.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by afrodoc(m): 2:32pm On Apr 21, 2012
honestly welbeck is better than this c.l.o.w.n......welbeck plays to his abilities and is more intelligent n a better team player
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 2:33pm On Apr 21, 2012
This is the same Sturridge some believe should be leading the line.
Until he learns the simple things about football, he'll never become great.

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101)

Manchester City Vs Chelsea (6 - 0) On 10th February 2019 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 26th October 2014 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.