Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,574 members, 7,801,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Ford Mondeo 2000?how Reliable Is It And Parts Availability? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Mondeo 2000?how Reliable Is It And Parts Availability? (3173 Views)

How Reliable Is Lexus Rx300? In Terms Of Fuel Economy, Availability Of Parts. / Peugeot 406: How Reliable? / How Reliable Are Hyundai Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ford Mondeo 2000?how Reliable Is It And Parts Availability? by geebees: 4:56pm On Oct 01, 2007
What is the performance of a ford mondeo 2000 and are the parts readily available in Lagos.Please i need an answer. urgently.
Re: Ford Mondeo 2000?how Reliable Is It And Parts Availability? by geebees: 2:33pm On Oct 15, 2007
Does onaybody in the forum as an anwer to this.please
Re: Ford Mondeo 2000?how Reliable Is It And Parts Availability? by viperman: 4:11pm On Oct 15, 2007
I dont know about mondeo parts; But i have been seeing it around in lagos though.
Fords are gradually being accepted into the nigerian market so i belive the parts should be available, though not as much as the other main makes.
Re: Ford Mondeo 2000?how Reliable Is It And Parts Availability? by sultaan(m): 3:15am On Oct 16, 2007
Mondeo is used in Europe, so parts should be a little expensive. In eurpoe it has a good following, A similar car in America is called Taurus a good car.

Taurus to Mondeo is as Bulldog to Bullet
Re: Ford Mondeo 2000?how Reliable Is It And Parts Availability? by Ivvie: 8:18pm On Oct 20, 2007
Ford Taurus is not a reliable car!

Fords are Found On Roads Dead!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ford Mondeo 2000?how Reliable Is It And Parts Availability? by sultaan(m): 5:43am On Oct 21, 2007
Let me guess your experience with a lemon American car makes you think they are all possesed by a demon.I just like any car with timming chain.
Re: Ford Mondeo 2000?how Reliable Is It And Parts Availability? by Ivvie: 6:34am On Oct 21, 2007
Sultaan, the 2.7L Chrysler engines are known for timing chain failures without warnings.  Any vehicles not designed well will not perform well or stand the test of time.  I have no experience with american cars because they are intentionally not built to last.  Remember in the adverts, "Best in class in Initial Quality."  The initial quality is a polished way to say it's only good when its very new.  I know how these cars are built, I know how machine components are built and the life it's designed for. Every component is designed with a life span and the life span is being calculated. American cars are designed just to the marginal point where it doesn't fail till the warranty is over. This can be fully explained through material science of finite element analysis (and I'm not going there).

Ford's are just bad cars, period.  Not just bad cars but the corporation also is a home wrecker and a decedence to the society.  They are finally fulfilling the "law of diminishing returns" and that's in quote - symbolic.

And they wonder why they aren't selling.

They once built good vehicles. In my department, one of my professors has a 1938 Ford truck. This truck is still on it's original engine. An air conditioner and A/C has been vamped into this truck. It was given to him by his grandfather who owned a wood company. It's stud and hugs the ground. Today's trucks would burn down your home or leave you stranded. In traffic sometime ago, fire was blazing out of a Ford Powerstroke exhaust pipe. Would you call that entertainment? I believe they have placed a spell on people to still return and purchase their vehicles. Go online and read about the mustangs of the late 50's through '70's and investigate why those jalopies ended up in flames and gasoline spilling to the front row seats.

The Covair?! That's just another episode. A car that gets into a wrech when parked by itself. You wouldn't need someone to conclude that they aren't worth your money.
Re: Ford Mondeo 2000?how Reliable Is It And Parts Availability? by shaiguy(m): 10:57am On Oct 21, 2007
shocked

Wow !! all this on a car

Well i have no issues with my ford explorer, been using it for close to a year now and not a single issue.
Already contemplating upgrading to a new ford explorer.

Ford parts are now readily available at the Ojuelegba auto market( both used and new)
Even briscoe ford points you to Ojuelegba when you need certain parts and can't afford theirs
cool

1 Like

Re: Ford Mondeo 2000?how Reliable Is It And Parts Availability? by Ivvie: 3:13pm On Oct 21, 2007
Shaiguy

I'm not dissing you nor Ford owners but the corporation themselves. They actively put people in danger because of profit. They don't care and will not look out for your welfare. Americans have been loyal till the past year or two when it suddenly dawned on them that some people were getting richer off their loyalty while they were left to foot huge repair bills. I live in Texas and lots of high ways and a couple of race tracks. Ford is known to spit spark plugs out. The explorers, F series and the Mustangs (V8 models and V10). Would you say that this wasn't documented before it was sent for production? The software used would have given them the failure criterion of each plugs with respect to the threads, combustion pressure and surrounding heat. But because it'll be at a cost that they aren't willing to shed, they leave it to the customer's that will purchase it.

You'll understand what I am talking about if you a simple research on Material Science, Finite Element Analysis / Stress Analysis. Just brisk through. You'll have a different reaction to anything you purchase or where and how you'd spend your money. Things won't fool you anymore. You'd rather save to get what you want than compromise.

1 Like

Re: Ford Mondeo 2000?how Reliable Is It And Parts Availability? by kem4(m): 3:22pm On Oct 21, 2007
You seem to know quite a lot about cars, which suv will u recomend toyota 4runner, grand cheroke or isuzu. pls i need ur candid advice before i make my choice.
Re: Ford Mondeo 2000?how Reliable Is It And Parts Availability? by shaiguy(m): 3:28pm On Oct 21, 2007
Ivvie,

I fully understand where you are going and i fully respect that.
I probably am not as deep in my research as you are and i might not know enough to justify my point but like i said ford has served me well so far.
I remember the firestone/ford tire issues from way back but in the end, nobody really could say ford or firestone was responsible for the reported accidents
I currently drive a 2001 explorer that drives reasonably ok and expecting delivery of a 2004 version first week next month without any hesitation, i did my research online b4 i got the 2001 and also the 2004 and still i exercise no doubt about the vehicle.
All car manufacturers have recalls from time to time, ford is no exception
I personally feel safer knowing Americans built my car (I hope they did o)
Your talk on Material Science, Finite Element Analysis / Stress Analysis goes to show you probably are a science inclined person, not me o
Thanks for clearing up a lots of points though, much appreciated
Re: Ford Mondeo 2000?how Reliable Is It And Parts Availability? by Ivvie: 4:01pm On Oct 21, 2007
Shaiguy

I'm not science inclined but engineering. I'm not good in science nor liberal arts. There are articles on these that are simple with no jargons or technical terms.

One thing I know (and I think it's a law governing life) is if you take the time to do your homework concerning a product or item and you extensively acquire knowledge about it, you seem to lord over what you will acquire. You are the first person that I know that owns a Ford that's having no issues. I rushed into buying my very first car. I spent so much money and became broke that I had to use my executive class ticket to Lagos money on it. As I was replacing parts, other parts were spoiling because new parts were being placed on old parts. A nigerian sold the vehicle to me far higher than the book value and the car had more than 11 severe accidents within a 5 year period. The car had it's own personality and I believed it was cursed. The car fax to that vehicle was more than 20 pages and clean record is 9. The state refused to register it and some papers were done to have it rectified. I did bad that semester and ended up donating it to a salvage dealer to have it stripped then crushed.

It's a very painful lesson and with all my background and knowledge, my friends still tease me to date. The last vehicle I bought took me 7 months of research because I made my mind not to be a profit specimen to repair dealers.

Hei, that VIN you looked up, thumbs up. I believe nigerians appreciate people like you. I wish I had someone tell me when it was my time.
Re: Ford Mondeo 2000?how Reliable Is It And Parts Availability? by kem4(m): 4:02pm On Oct 21, 2007
Hi Ivvie, thye question on my initial post was meant for you. i mean the recommendation of the right choice of suv. pls do advice.
Re: Ford Mondeo 2000?how Reliable Is It And Parts Availability? by Ivvie: 4:18pm On Oct 21, 2007
Kem

If you want to know my recmdn, I'd say a 4runner. Less problems, not to hard on fuel and it'll strife on failing parts till it completely kaputs. A Cherokee is not easy on fuel and doesn't hold the ground as the 4runner does. It wouldn't be a funy truck when it begins to get old. I don't know anything about Isuzu's. I know Toyota's are built for 10 years 200,000 miles or 250 depending on the year. As for parts, Toyota isn't that expensive (except you are in the States). If I was going for 4X4's I'd go for Toyota. A Cherokee also drives like a pick up truck.
Re: Ford Mondeo 2000?how Reliable Is It And Parts Availability? by kem4(m): 6:35pm On Oct 21, 2007
Thanks for ur advice. ivvie grin
Re: Ford Mondeo 2000?how Reliable Is It And Parts Availability? by Ivvie: 8:15pm On Oct 21, 2007
@Kem

You are welcome.
Re: Ford Mondeo 2000?how Reliable Is It And Parts Availability? by Marketiva: 8:59pm On Oct 21, 2007
hi poster

Ford Mondeo is a very reliable car to use, i have used it b4 n and it proves its worth. what i am not sure about is the availability of the parts in the nigerian market. but i assure you if it is available it will be cheap, because there are lots of theparts in the u.k junkyards begging to be bought for cheap. Go ead and try it out.
Re: Ford Mondeo 2000?how Reliable Is It And Parts Availability? by sultaan(m): 5:45am On Oct 22, 2007
Everything about Ford spitting spark plugs, cruise control fires etc is correct, but in my cheap opinion, if I can fix most of the problems and the parts are cheap, I'll rather pay 40% less for the same class of vehicle.
Re: Ford Mondeo 2000?how Reliable Is It And Parts Availability? by shaiguy(m): 7:38am On Oct 22, 2007
@ SUltaan

Well spoken
Re: Ford Mondeo 2000?how Reliable Is It And Parts Availability? by weyreypey: 8:39pm On Aug 09, 2018
gazuzz
geebees:
What is the performance of a ford mondeo 2000 and are the parts readily available in Lagos.Please i need an answer. urgently.
Re: Ford Mondeo 2000?how Reliable Is It And Parts Availability? by weyreypey: 8:40pm On Aug 09, 2018
ford spitting is that a car?

sultaan:
Everything about Ford spitting spark plugs, cruise control fires etc is correct, but in my cheap opinion, if I can fix most of the problems and the parts are cheap, I'll rather pay 40% less for the same class of vehicle.

(1) (Reply)

How Efficient Rugged And Reliable Camry 2002 (big Daddy) V6 Engine Is? / How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline / How Do I Identify Ringed Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.