Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators (22103 Views)

Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan / Don’t Emulate Me, Soyinka Tells Younger Generation / A Comparative Analysis Of Nigerian Legislators‘ Earnings With Other Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by kunwil: 4:17pm On Jun 25, 2013
Some of you continue to harp on about "Christian/Muslim" values religious values etc so i will have to break it down for you LEGALLY, so that you can understand, hoping of course that you have some basic understanding of the laws that were made in the Constitution to protect the other 200 odd religions and any other ones which people may decide to create for themselves to keep this country from breaking apart.

THE LAW THAT IS NOT JUST ABOUT GAY MARRIAGE,THE LAW STATES THE FOLLOWING:
* a person who "registers, operates OR participates in gay clubs, societies and organization, OR directly OR indirectly make public show of same sex amorous relationship in Nigeria" liable for 10 years' imprisonment.

*make a person or group of persons that"witness, abet and aids the solemnization of a same sex marriage OR civil union, OR supports the registration, operation and sustenance of gay clubs, societies, organisations, processions or meetings in Nigeria" liable for 10 years' imprisonment.

Issues of freedom of expression, here and if such a person is charged with an offence what happens to the lawyer if he pits his defense by stating that he has a right to do so, and then goes on to lose the case? What if a gay society is being prosecuted and hires a lawyer, would their having a meeting with such a lawyer not also be illegal?Does this not mean that the lawyer can be liable to go to jail if he loses? Your right to an attorney is therefore compromised and that is in itself unconstitutional, so this law is already a non starter and would be unenforceable in a court of law unless any of you have a penchant for doing away with the constitution to satisfy your sense of "religious righteousness" ..Thankfully none of you hypocrites can ever become judges, so therefore your law can NEVER be enforced by any competent judge.

therefore just like our law on money laundering and various other incompetent statutes that these legislators have drafted into law without consulting the legal societies of this country they are illegal and unenforceable and protect people from being prosecuted by the likes of you, who have little or no understanding of human rights.

1. Nigeria is a SECULAR state, that means it is non religion based and this allows you to have a freedom to practice your religion or beliefs (you can even invent them they do not need to be established from time immemorial)that you have free from prosecution. Do you know how many churches reinvent their own new forms of religion in this country? They are free to do so because while their principles and beliefs may be abhorrent and unacceptable to other religions, the Constitution protects them from prosecution for having different beliefs how different they may be to ours. It is under this law that our country was formed.

2. If you want to change this position ,then you need to stop Nigeria from being a secular state, and that would require a civil war or a cessation of the state, or rejecting the charter on Fundamental Human Rights. If you reject fundamental Human rights, there will be many other rights that you enjoy that are unrelated to this gay bill that you will lose so think about that...

3. There is a difference between fundamental rights (unique to Nigeria) and the United Nations Fundamental Human Rights which belong to all people whose countries signed up to the said charter(including Nigeria.)

4. Sexual orientation and gender identity rights relate to the expression of sexual orientation and gender identity based on the right to respect for private life and the right not to be discriminated against on the ground of "other status" as defined in various human rights conventions, such as article 17 and 26 in the United Nations International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights . We are signed on to this charter, so your law is unconstitutional as these are your human rights, your property, nobody can DASH you these rights or take them away.

5. Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance. Article 18 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights Freedom of thought, conscience and religion are closely related rights that protect the freedom of an individual or community, in public or private, to think and freely hold conscientious beliefs and to manifest religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship, and observance; the concept is generally recognized also to include the freedom to change religion or not to follow any religion.The freedom to leave or discontinue membership in a religion or religious group—in religious terms called "apostasy"—is also a fundamental part of religious freedom, covered by Article 18 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

I am not even talking about gay marriage here. Even I am not in support of Gay marriage as a Christian, but i understand that my country is SECULAR so while i do not support gay marriage, i respect the country's laws which are intended to keep the peace and unity, so marriage under the state and marriage in a church or mosque are entirely different things. WHAT I DO NOT SUPPORT IS THE CRIMINALIZATION OF PEOPLE BECAUSE OF THEIR SEXUAL ORIENTATION.

THE LAW DOES NOT EVEN REQUIRE THAT YOU ARE GAY OR EVEN PERFORMING ANY HOMOSEXUAL ACTS!!MERELY GOING TO A GAY NIGHTCLUB OR SOCIETY, OR SUPPORTING THEIR MOVEMENT IS AN OFFENCE WHICH CARRIES 10 YEARS IN PRISON!!!

1 Like

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by kunwil: 12:19pm On Jun 26, 2013
Donalð Genes:
Certainly I don't blame him,I think he is pregnant with archaic and useless ideas,sometimes speaking too much grammar is a chronic ailment on its own..He is a tosspot for supporting gay animals in form of humans
Some of you continue to harp on about "Christian/Muslim" values religious values etc so i will have to break it down for you LEGALLY, so that you can understand, hoping of course that you have some basic understanding of the laws that were made in the Constitution to protect the other 200 odd religions and any other ones which people may decide to create for themselves to keep this country from breaking apart.

* a person who "registers, operates OR participates in gay clubs, societies and organization, OR directly OR indirectly make public show of same sex amorous relationship in Nigeria" liable for 10 years' imprisonment.

*make a person or group of persons that"witness, abet and aids the solemnization of a same sex marriage OR civil union, OR supports the registration, operation and sustenance of gay clubs, societies, organisations, processions or meetings in Nigeria" liable for 10 years' imprisonment.

Issues of freedom of expression, here and if such a person is charged with an offence what happens to the lawyer if he pits his defense by stating that he has a right to do so, and then goes on to lose the case? What if a gay society is being prosecuted and hires a lawyer, would their having a meeting with such a lawyer not also be illegal?Does this not mean that the lawyer can be liable to go to jail if he loses? Your right to an attorney is therefore compromised and that is in itself unconstitutional, so this law is already a non starter and would be unenforceable in a court of law unless any of you have a penchant for doing away with the constitution to satisfy your sense of "religious righteousness" ..Thankfully none of you hypocrites can ever become judges, so therefore your law can NEVER be enforced by any competent judge.

therefore just like our law on money laundering and various other incompetent statutes that these legislators have drafted into law without consulting the legal societies of this country they are illegal and unenforceable and protect people from being prosecuted by the likes of you, who have little or no understanding of human rights.

1. Nigeria is a SECULAR state, that means it is non religion based and this allows you to have a freedom to practice your religion or beliefs (you can even invent them they do not need to be established from time immemorial)that you have free from prosecution. Do you know how many churches reinvent their own new forms of religion in this country? They are free to do so because while their principles and beliefs may be abhorrent and unacceptable to other religions, the Constitution protects them from prosecution for having different beliefs how different they may be to ours. It is under this law that our country was formed.

2. If you want to change this position ,then you need to stop Nigeria from being a secular state, and that would require a civil war or a cessation of the state, or rejecting the charter on Fundamental Human Rights. If you reject fundamental Human rights, there will be many other rights that you enjoy that are unrelated to this gay bill that you will lose so think about that...

3. There is a difference between fundamental rights (unique to Nigeria) and the United Nations Fundamental Human Rights which belong to all people whose countries signed up to the said charter(including Nigeria.)

4. intimate orientation and gender identity rights relate to the expression of intimate orientation and gender identity based on the right to respect for private life and the right not to be discriminated against on the ground of "other status" as defined in various human rights conventions, such as article 17 and 26 in the United Nations International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights . We are signed on to this charter, so your law is unconstitutional as these are your human rights, your property, nobody can DASH you these rights or take them away.

5. Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance. Article 18 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights Freedom of thought, conscience and religion are closely related rights that protect the freedom of an individual or community, in public or private, to think and freely hold conscientious beliefs and to manifest religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship, and observance; the concept is generally recognized also to include the freedom to change religion or not to follow any religion.The freedom to leave or discontinue membership in a religion or religious group—in religious terms called "apostasy"—is also a fundamental part of religious freedom, covered by Article 18 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

I am not even talking about gay marriage here. Even I am not in support of Gay marriage as a Christian, but i understand that my country is SECULAR so while i do not support gay marriage, i respect the country's laws which are intended to keep the peace and unity, so marriage under the state and marriage in a church or mosque are entirely different things. WHAT I DO NOT SUPPORT IS THE CRIMINALIZATION OF PEOPLE BECAUSE OF THEIR intimate ORIENTATION.

THE LAW DOES NOT EVEN REQUIRE THAT YOU ARE GAY OR EVEN PERFORMING ANY HOMOSEXUAL ACTS!!MERELY GOING TO A GAY NIGHTCLUB OR SOCIETY, OR SUPPORTING THEIR MOVEMENT IS AN OFFENCE WHICH CARRIES 10 YEARS IN PRISON!!!
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by kunwil: 12:24pm On Jun 26, 2013
SEFAGO:

With all due respect you are a fucking re-ta-rd.

4. intimate orientation and gender identity rights relate to the expression of intimate orientation and gender identity based on the right to respect for private life and the right not to be discriminated against on the ground of "other status" as defined in various human rights conventions, such as article 17 and 26 in the United Nations International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights . We are signed on to this charter, so your law is unconstitutional as these are your human rights, your property, nobody can DASH you these rights or take them away.

I am not even talking about gay marriage here. Even I am not in support of Gay marriage as a Christian, but i understand that my country is SECULAR so while i do not support gay marriage, i respect the country's laws which are intended to keep the peace and unity, so marriage under the state and marriage in a church or mosque are entirely different things. WHAT I DO NOT SUPPORT IS THE CRIMINALIZATION OF PEOPLE BECAUSE OF THEIR intimate ORIENTATION.

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by kunwil: 12:26pm On Jun 26, 2013
scholes23: i can c dat majority of d guys in support of soyinka are born gays. Hw can u say dat private issues lyk dis is no one's buz. Nw tell me if dis habbit spreads, what are we teachin d children, what msg are we passin across 2 dem, what kind of impact are we makin on dem( positive or megative). All dese & many more are d things we shud put in2 consideration b4 we act. As 4 those in support of soyinka, my advice 4 u is dat u shud thnk b4 u act. I'm very sure dat u dont even know dat gay sex(anal sex) is cancerous . U dont just pick d keyboard or ur phone & start typin jabbash all in d name of I posted somethin on net Dont say somethin because u want 2 say somethin bt say somethin because ur passin a msg across & ur enlightenin & educatin d minds of pple far & near. GOD HAVE MERCY ON ALL OF YOU, AMEN.

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by kunwil: 12:27pm On Jun 26, 2013
mustspin: ^^^ lol,@ semi-literate but remember that he who thinks he's wisest is the bigger fool. dont be surprised if ur so- called semi-literate are smarter than you. egocentric gay grin grin grin grin

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by kunwil: 12:29pm On Jun 26, 2013
talknafree: Nigerians (most) are basically "one way traffic". They think in one direction ONLY.

If Wole Soyinka comes out today to say homosexuals should be allowed to marry, they will say he is right.

If Lamido Sanusi or Okonjo Oweilla comes out tomorrow to say permitting Homosexuals to get married will affect our economy negatively and as such, should be banned, the same supporters of Soyinka earlier will still come out to say okay it should be banned.

We need to start making use of our brains, that's why God put it in our heads and not someone else's own.

Most youths of todayan will rather ping on their BlackBerry phone all day long, than even pick a newspaper or good book and read for 30minutes. So when they speak, they only speak or what other fellw dullards said and they assumed they were right.

Who is Wole Soyinka to come out and talk about morals to us? First and foremost, he is an Atheist, he doesn't believe in God. Secondly he is a founder of Cultism in Nigeria Higher institution (even though he keeps denying the objective wasn't to be violent and all that). Thirdly, he is a man known to speak from both sides of his mouth. He will come on air to insult Obasanjo to the world, the next weekend, he is drinking garri and 'eja shawa' in Otta farm.

His big grammar and long time (aye atijo) nobrl laurel personality won't deceive Nigerians anymore, he lacks intellect to tell us about morals 'cus he has none.

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by kunwil: 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2013
Nert: I think the Prof in all his mental acuity, he is not learned of morality. Just because people are doing it does not make it right. A legalised mistake in America can not become a new trend in our dear country. He is talking about privacy. Doesn't he know that privacy will erupt to publicity? The Prof needs to learn. Kudos to our legislators.

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 26, 2013
Legality and morality are two different things. The action of our legislators is an abuse on the fundamental human right of some people, and those people in support of them are illiterates just like them. Sometimes I wonder what our law makers learn whenever they say they are going overseas to learn the art of legislation. It makes me laugh how the same law makers that defy morality, even as christians and moslems, to embezzle, now say their action on same-sex marriage is based on moral grounds.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by bgirl: 2:31pm On Jun 26, 2013
TerryCarr:
is this a joke? and if it is not i can see why Africa fails

I am quite certain that this is a joke... And a good one too.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 26, 2013
Ola Johnson: Legality and morality are two different things. The action of our legislators is an abuse on the fundamental human right of some people, and those people in support of them are illiterates just like them. Sometimes I wonder what our law makers learn whenever they say they are going overseas to learn the art of legislation. It makes me laugh how the same law makers that defy morality, even as christians and moslems, to embezzle, now say their action on same-sex marriage is based on moral grounds.
Less than five months of legalizing same sex marriage in California, US, about 18,000 same sex couples have got married. What does that tell you? 36,000 people dead without replacement. What's going to happen if we allow same sex marriage in nigeria and it degenerate to the level that more than half of married couples we have are of same sex? Given the population growth rate, life expectancy, and the continual increase in the percentage of the population that would turn out to be LGBT if same sex is legalised, the population of Nigeria will be lower than 20million by the year2513AD. And there will be no more nigeria by the next millenium if it's unchecked. Forget moral, legal or religious view of this matter, LGBT right in nigeria is a threat to our continuous existence. And you can't separate morality from legality. We're all bound by law because of immorality in the society. If everything is morally right, law is useless.Anything illegal can not be morally right and vice versa, so you can't separate the two.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by TerryCarr(m): 9:40pm On Jun 26, 2013
enigma_otr:
Less than five months of legalizing same sex marriage in California, US, about 18,000 same sex couples have got married. What does that tell you? 36,000 people dead without replacement. What's going to happen if we allow same sex marriage in nigeria and it degenerate to the level that more than half of married couples we have are of same sex? Given the population growth rate, life expectancy, and the continual increase in the percentage of the population that would turn out to be LGBT if same sex is legalised, the population of Nigeria will be lower than 20million by the year2513AD. And there will be no more nigeria by the next millenium if it's unchecked. Forget moral, legal or religious view of this matter, LGBT right in nigeria is a threat to our continuous existence. And you can't separate morality from legality. We're all bound by law because of immorality in the society. If everything is morally right, law is useless.Anything illegal can not be morally right and vice versa, so you can't separate the two.
that would be a good thing grin besides gays a minority in the world it would not effect population growth. Nigeria's population is expected to surpass that of the United States by 2050
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 26, 2013
TerryCarr: that would be a good thing grin besides gays a minority in the world it would not effect population growth. Nigeria's population is expected to surpass that of the United States by 2050
TerryCarr: that would be a good thing grin besides gays a minority in the world it would not effect population growth. Nigeria's population is expected to surpass that of the United States by 2050
They're minority for now, but wont be no longer, as soon as they're given the legal backing. Yes, the population of nigeria is expected to surpass that of the US by 2050 and that's why we don't want this gay of a thing to prevent the 'prophecy' from fulfillment. Same-sex marriage defies common sense. If you like, start crying and whining from now till God-knows-when, same sex marriage wont be legalised in nigeria. At least, not this generation. We know they exist, but we don't care what they do in their closet. We just don't want their same-sex-'evangelism' in our country,so keep it downlow. grin cool
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by TerryCarr(m): 1:48am On Jun 27, 2013
enigma_otr:

They're minority for now, but wont be no longer, as soon as they're given the legal backing. Yes, the population of nigeria is expected to surpass that of the US by 2050 and that's why we don't want this gay of a thing to prevent the 'prophecy' from fulfillment. Same-sex marriage defies common sense. If you like, start crying and whining from now till God-knows-when, same sex marriage wont be legalised in nigeria. At least, not this generation. We know they exist, but we don't care what they do in their closet. We just don't want their same-sex-'evangelism' in our country,so keep it downlow. grin cool
homosexuality is not a choice why would somebody chose this
[img]http://chechar.files./2013/05/queers-camps.jpg[/img]
homosexuals in the Holocaust
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by Nobody: 5:19am On Jun 27, 2013
enigma_otr:
How then do you ensure the fundamental human right of the gays knowing full well they are part of the society? On what ground legal ground was the action of your legislators based?
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by ibmusa: 6:06am On Jun 27, 2013
enigma_otr:

If you cannot separate morality from illegality then all sins should be criminalized. Adultery and fornication are morally wrong and should therefore according to your argument be illegal. Do you not understand the point of Wole Soyinka's argument? The law is there to protect people so it should focus on issues like rape, pedophilia, theft etc situations where someone is victimized. Homosexuality between two consenting adults may be a sin in Islam and Christianity but unlike rape, theft or pedophilia, it is not a crime because there is no victim. Why is this so difficult to understand?

1 Like

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by ibmusa: 6:24am On Jun 27, 2013
rhymz: lol. . This dude is nutcase!! infact, you just murderd your own logic: like seriously why will a white man that is proud and confident being white want to join an association meant for only black people to further their cause?? Dont you see the folly in your own lame attempts Where are thesw intellectual cretins popping out from sef Na wa o

Rhymz, you are unbelievably stupid. I mean wow. Idehn's argument is flawless and I am truly amazed by your ignorance.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by ReubenAbati: 8:12am On Jun 27, 2013
TerryCarr: homosexuality is not a choice why would somebody chose this
[img]http://chechar.files./2013/05/queers-camps.jpg[/img]
homosexuals in the Holocaust

Dude you are an animal. Those are not homosexuals. They are Jehovah's Witnesses. Read about Jehovah's witnesses and the Purple Triangle.

Stop being ignorant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_triangle
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by TerryCarr(m): 8:47am On Jun 27, 2013
Reuben.Abati:

Dude you are an animal. Those are not homosexuals. They are Jehovah's Witnesses. Read about Jehovah's witnesses and the Purple Triangle.

Stop being ignorant.

pink triangle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_triangle
The pink triangle (German: Rosa Winkel) was one of the Nazi concentration camp badges, used to identify male prisoners who were sent there because of their homosexuality.

Nazi Germany thought of German gay men as part of the "master race" and sought to force them into sexual and social conformity. Gay men who would not feign a switch in sexual orientation were sent to concentration camps under the "Extermination Through Work" campaign.

More than one million gay Germans were targeted, of whom at least 100,000 were arrested and 50,000 were serving prison terms as "convicted homosexuals". Hundreds of European gay men living under Nazi occupation were castrated under court order.

you stop being ignorant
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by kunwil: 12:38pm On Jun 27, 2013
thinking that legalizing gays will mean people will start turning gay is the most idiotic thing i have ever heard in my life!! Where do you get these "facts" from? Nigeria is a far more promiscuous nation than any in the west. The number of gays is always the same proportion in every society, people that are gay in a country like Nigeria simply live in fear of being stigmatised if found out. @enigma The bill is not yet law and you are saying that unless we pass it our population will stop growing? The law is not yet in existence, but is Nigeria's population not growing now to a point where there is a problem of overcrowding that the state cannot deal with it?...

Your much beloved law also means that any homosexual in any organisation can make that organisation instantly illegal, therefore it would be illegal to for a homosexual to hold down a normal job as his presence would render that business illegal just as it would a nightclub which is also a perfectly legal business criminalized only by the presence of homosexuals in its employ under the law, as they would be seen also to be supporting homosexuals. This means that employers indeed every organisation( whether you are gay or straight) has the right to ask you the most intimate details of your personal life so as to be sure they are not hiring a homosexual as they would now be unemployable criminals. A homosexual cannot even be self-employed as they would still be breaking the law. Strangers can ask about your sexual history before you enter any establishment for fear of their being prosecuted for having gay people in their establishment which would suggest they are supporting gays. So what is your solution, should we kill them all because everybody, gay or straight will have their right to personal life forfeit as a result. For gays, Right to work for a living is forfeit, they cannot work they cannot eat or get medical help, right to life is forfeit, right to dignity of a human being is forfeit,right to freedom of movement is forfeit( as organisations cannot be seen to be helping you by even feeding you or giving you a job, so what do you do with these people, after sending them to jail? What about the many people who will be falsely accused,or do you think the Nigerian police force is the most responsible organisation in the country?
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by kunwil: 12:25pm On Jun 28, 2013
Reuben.Abati:

Stop being ignorant.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For the Weezer song, see Pink Triangle (song).
For the British audio manufacturer, see Pink Triangle (audio manufacturer).
The pink triangle, rendered in hot pink as a gay pride and gay rights symbol, was originally rendered in pink and used pointed downward on a Nazi concentration camp badge to denote homosexual men.

The pink triangle (German: Rosa Winkel) was one of the Nazi concentration camp badges, used to identify male prisoners who were sent there because of their homosexuality.[1] Every prisoner had to wear a downward-pointing triangle on his or her jacket, the colour of which was to categorise him or her by "kind". Other colors identified Jews (two triangles superimposed as a yellow star), political prisoners, Jehovah's Witnesses, "anti-social" prisoners, and others the Nazis deemed undesirable. Pink and yellow triangles could be combined if a prisoner was deemed to be gay and Jewish (see Nazi concentration camp table of inmate markings). Its pink in the picture, not purple, though i wonder how come the picture is photoshopped in a colored triangle and a black and white photo
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by TerryCarr(m): 9:11pm On Jun 28, 2013
kunwil:
thinking that legalizing gays will mean people will start turning gay is the most idiotic thing i have ever heard in my life!! Where do you get these "facts" from? Nigeria is a far more promiscuous nation than any in the west. The number of gays is always the same proportion in every society, people that are gay in a country like Nigeria simply live in fear of being stigmatised if found out. @enigma The bill is not yet law and you are saying that unless we pass it our population will stop growing? The law is not yet in existence, but is Nigeria's population not growing now to a point where there is a problem of overcrowding that the state cannot deal with it?...

Your much beloved law also means that any homosexual in any organisation can make that organisation instantly illegal, therefore it would be illegal to for a homosexual to hold down a normal job as his presence would render that business illegal just as it would a nightclub which is also a perfectly legal business criminalized only by the presence of homosexuals in its employ under the law, as they would be seen also to be supporting homosexuals. This means that employers indeed every organisation( whether you are gay or straight) has the right to ask you the most intimate details of your personal life so as to be sure they are not hiring a homosexual as they would now be unemployable criminals. A homosexual cannot even be self-employed as they would still be breaking the law. Strangers can ask about your sexual history before you enter any establishment for fear of their being prosecuted for having gay people in their establishment which would suggest they are supporting gays. So what is your solution, should we kill them all because everybody, gay or straight will have their right to personal life forfeit as a result. For gays, Right to work for a living is forfeit, they cannot work they cannot eat or get medical help, right to life is forfeit, right to dignity of a human being is forfeit,right to freedom of movement is forfeit( as organisations cannot be seen to be helping you by even feeding you or giving you a job, so what do you do with these people, after sending them to jail? What about the many people who will be falsely accused,or do you think the Nigerian police force is the most responsible organisation in the country?

nigga i was making a joke. gays can't spread and if anybody believes that they are dumb

2 Likes

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by TerryCarr(m): 9:15pm On Jun 28, 2013
why is my holocaust post hidden? the pink triangle is for homosexuals.

Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by ReubenAbati: 11:32am On Jul 20, 2013
TerryCarr: why is my holocaust post hidden? the pink triangle is for homosexuals.

nICE ONE. Got ya
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by kunwil: 10:59am On Jul 30, 2013
So all you perverts agree that it is okay to marry and Bleep a 13 year old girl but gay marriage is wrong. You make me sick but at least your morals are consistent with the paedophile senators. I guess it is okay because screwing 13years old girls is part of our culture abi?? Where are the people who said they are afraid that the gays may corrupt our children unlike the heterosexuals who want to have penetrative sexual intercourse with growing children of 12 13 years old??
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by MOSSADII(m): 11:45pm On Aug 31, 2013
How? Tell us broda!
ekt_bear: He is right.
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by samuelkew(m): 6:53pm On Aug 01, 2014
I Think Most Africans Supporting Gay Are Only Conscious Of Their Relevance With The US&UN. And Most Are Writers. Examples Are Jude Dibia, Adichie And Soyinka. And They Surely Must Win Award For That. May Be They Us Is Deceiving Them By Begging Them To Use Their Influence And Voice To UnAfricanise Africa With The Devils' World Ideology
Re: Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators by SaintEddie: 6:30am On Aug 02, 2014
nelly4: people before we get it all wrong, the good professor is not supporting same sex watever, all he is saying is dat such actions are not for  public consumption thus its an adults private business,

The people supporting Wole on this matter are rather getting it wrong cos the man from his statement clearly support gayism and in case u guys don't know, it may appear private and personal now but when allowed to practice, that is when Nigerians will start seeing disgusting things in public places.

Remember also that anything we copy from the west is usually done to an extreme even more than where we copied from.

Say NO to gayism, its satanic.
God bless Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Filth In Lagos Gutters / Atiku Supported Total Removal Of Subsidy / Nigerian Jet For Malawian President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 204
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.