Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano (12771 Views)

‘factors That Aided Apc’s Victory At The Polls’ - Tinubu's Aide, Dare, Reveals / 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout / 16 MASSOB Members Killed, 83 Injured, 500 Arrested In Raid Of MASSOB Offices ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by koruji(m): 8:51pm On Dec 18, 2011
This is the part that interests me most in this article: "Some of the extremists fled, and the suspected leader, Mohammed Aliyu, who also goes by the alias Hamza, was arrested at a checkpoint, according to Idris. [size=14pt]Members of the public also pursued the suspects, he said[/size]. Police said they found rifles in his car that had been stolen from police in Yobe and Kaduna states. Bomb materials were found in his house, according to Idris."

The point is that when residents band together and declare enough is enough on Boko Haram, it will be the end of the vile group.

Deadly raid, 'Islamist' arrests in northern Nigeria

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jsNx0RUcAXiAurG-lItWd5IdavJw?docId=CNG.fad80dffc69b5105a37f43fbbaedadfd.381

(AFP) – 1 hour ago 

KANO, Nigeria — A shootout between Nigerian police and suspected members of the Islamist group Boko Haram has left seven dead, while 14 people have been arrested and explosives seized, authorities said Sunday.

The shootout on Saturday in Kano came after a suspected Boko Haram leader discovered his house was under surveillance and called out other members of the group to attack police, Kano state police commissioner Ibrahim Idris said.

Two of the police officers on surveillance duty in the northern city were killed, Idris told reporters. Reinforcements were sent, with one of those officers also shot dead and another wounded.

"Four of the syndicate members were shot dead," he said, referring to the suspected Boko Haram members.

Some of the extremists fled, and the suspected leader, Mohammed Aliyu, who also goes by the alias Hamza, was arrested at a checkpoint, according to Idris. Members of the public also pursued the suspects, he said.

Police said they found rifles in his car that had been stolen from police in Yobe and Kaduna states. Bomb materials were found in his house, according to Idris.

Raids were also carried out on other locations earlier in the week that led to arrests and the seizure of weapons and explosives, the commissioner announced. A total of 14 arrests were made in the operations, he said.

Police said the suspects were not from Kano, the largest city in northern Nigeria, and indicated they had come from Borno and Yobe states, which have been hard hit by violence blamed on Boko Haram.

Northern Nigeria has been hit by scores of attacks blamed on the Islamist sect, but Kano had not previously been targeted since the latest round of violence attributed to the group began in 2010.

In an incident on Thursday, gunmen attacked a military-run school outside the city, killing at least three air force personnel, but it was unclear if there was any link to Boko Haram.

A purported spokesman for the sect, Abul Qaqa, told reporters the group was not behind the school attack, but claimed it was involved in the shootout at the house in Kano.

Most of the violence attributed to Boko Haram has occurred in the country's northeast, but it also claimed responsibility for the August suicide bombing of UN headquarters in Abuja that killed at least 24 people.

It is believed to have several factions with varying aims.

Copyright © 2011 AFP. All rights reserved.
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by adamabdul: 8:58pm On Dec 18, 2011
Kano state in trouble
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by jmaine: 9:00pm On Dec 18, 2011
adamabdul:

Kano state in trouble

And what is this shyte supposed to mean you Boko Haram apologists . . .

koruji:

[size=14pt]The point is that when residents band together and declare enough is enough on Boko Haram, it will be the end of the vile group.[/size]

You could never be more correct . . .On point . . .
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by adamabdul: 9:08pm On Dec 18, 2011
You dont have the brain to understand what am sayin
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by jmaine: 9:10pm On Dec 18, 2011
adamabdul:

You dont have the brain to understand what am sayin

Yes, i don't understand . . .please inform me . . .
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by NegroNtns(m): 9:18pm On Dec 18, 2011
adam, no, Kano is not in trouble. Boko Haram planning a reprisal for this incidence will be in trouble if they converge on Kano. Kano has a history with the likes of Boko Haram, they defeated Maitatsine twice in the past, Boko need to suck up this defeat and not confront Kano citizens.
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by adamabdul: 10:11pm On Dec 18, 2011
I can bet my life on boko haram attacking kano.boko haram is not mai tatsine,two different groups with diff. ways and ideology.Just wait and see @negro
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by koruji(m): 10:13pm On Dec 18, 2011
How can you be so sure as to bet with your life.

adamabdul:

I can bet my life on boko haram attacking kano.boko haram is not mai tatsine,two different groups with diff. ways and ideology.Just wait and see @negro
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by adamabdul: 10:24pm On Dec 18, 2011
koruji:

How can you be so sure as to bet with your life.

you dont need to be a magician to know.They started since thursday by killing a policeman in hotoro,they killed another one thursday and two others on my friday night.THEY STARTED LYK THIS IN MAIDUGURI
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by Funkymallam(m): 10:27pm On Dec 18, 2011
The day boko haram decides to bring its madness to kano, is the day dia end begins.
This is kano, not maiduguri, yobe or bauchi. The residents wont condone dem, infact, the residents will give them a run for their money, especially with our radical gov. Engr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso.

Boko Haram leave kano or. . . .
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by Blackteeth(m): 10:29pm On Dec 18, 2011
Christains were probably the members of the public who pursued the suspects. Doubt if a single muslim was involved.
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by jmaine: 10:42pm On Dec 18, 2011
Blackteeth:

Christains were probably the members of the public who pursued the suspects. Doubt if a single muslim was involved.

No need for this . .the fact is . . .the public chased them . . which means . .there is no hiding place for them . .it's like a rat running into a house with little or no hiding place . .such rats never last . .
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by philip0906(m): 10:56pm On Dec 18, 2011
jmaine:

No need for this . .the fact is . . .the public chased them . . which means . .there is no hiding place for them . .it's like a rat running into a house with little or no hiding place . .such rats never last . .
y is there no need 4 that?
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by jmaine: 11:04pm On Dec 18, 2011
philip0906:

y is there no need 4 that?

A cheap shot at polarizing this thread discussion to religious bickering . . and it shouldn't matter whether it's the Christian or the Muslims . . cos at least, a group of people have shown courage and will that they would not keep quiet and allow the Boko mugs run wild . .

"The PUBLIC"
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by philip0906(m): 11:10pm On Dec 18, 2011
^^
yes sir/ma. . .
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by kevoh(m): 11:17pm On Dec 18, 2011
Bad week for the Boko haramites smiley . First It was their bomb factory and now this.
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by koruji(m): 2:22am On Dec 19, 2011
Hopefully a comprehensive program to preempt BH will follow to put them down for good.

Dreaming perhaps, but we can always hope.

kevoh:

Bad week for the Boko haramites smiley . First It was their bomb factory and now this.
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by nbltech(m): 8:31am On Dec 19, 2011
Dat's d beginning of their downfall.
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by sheyguy: 8:33am On Dec 19, 2011
Blackteeth:

i totally go with the above cos previous attacks actually had the locals cheering the BH group, local u & i know are muslim.
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by Baawaa(m): 8:50am On Dec 19, 2011
That show Kano did not support boko haram,that is good of them
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 19, 2011
Why can't people just chill and be grown-ups for once! This religious bickering I see here all the time make no sense at all. Abeg make hmatured people post like matured people abeg! If you get any scores to settle with people go do am outside Nairaland!! angry angry angry
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by onyengbu: 8:53am On Dec 19, 2011
adamabdul:

Imagine the number of boko haramites roaming nairaland.

Isnt there a way seun will help SSS in nabbing this guy!
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by slap1(m): 9:03am On Dec 19, 2011
The land they stand on appears to be rejecting them now. . . I hope that this development continues for good!
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by Yeske2(m): 9:04am On Dec 19, 2011
Clears throat and walks away from thread.
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 19, 2011
"Clears throat and walks away from thread."

My oga is there something wrong with this thread? This throat wen you clear so, e be like say u notice something very fishy, yan us na.
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by adamabdul: 9:19am On Dec 19, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

Imagine the number of boko haramites roaming nairaland.

Isnt there a way seun will help SSS in nabbing this guy!
Am not the cause of your dullness or the cluelessness of your security agencies
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by afm4ever(m): 9:22am On Dec 19, 2011
Nemesis will catch them one by one
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 19, 2011
sheyguy:

i totally go with the above cos previous attacks actually had the locals cheering the BH group, local u & i know are muslim.
Where is the proof you have that 'locals' who you have somehow confirmed were all muslims, were cheering Boko Haram?

ekwah:

Why can't people just chill and be grown-ups for once! This religious bickering I see here all the time make no sense at all. Abeg make hmatured people post like matured people abeg! If you get any scores to settle with people go do am outside Nairaland!! angry angry angry

The thing tire person, no be small.
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by executinal(m): 9:57am On Dec 19, 2011
Gradually Boko haram will seize to exist. Good news and more of this
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by strangest(m): 9:59am On Dec 19, 2011
The SLAP PRAYER don dey work o, more haramist go still fall before Christmas. Abeg slap evil wherever you are now,
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by sheyguy: 10:05am On Dec 19, 2011
fellis:

Where is the proof you have that 'locals' who you have somehow confirmed were all muslims, were cheering Boko Haram?

The thing tire person, no be small.
ur ignorance really amazes me here . . . . . . U even sound like one of them . . .
Re: Boko Haram - 14 Arrested, 7 Dead In Raid Aided By The Public In Kano by baslone: 10:11am On Dec 19, 2011
Blackteeth:

grin grin grin grin

A place populated by moslems!! Where them wan get liver!!!

I trust aboki's!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG May Pay Compensation To Boko-Haram Members,starts Drawing Criteria For Paymen / Nairaland Hits 2,000,000 Topics Today. / Dogara Must Cut Ties With PDP —APC Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.