Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

A Plea From A Muslim Sister - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Plea From A Muslim Sister (3996 Views)

Muslim Sister Arrested For Using Veil In OAU / Help A Muslim Sister Learn About Islam / Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Plea From A Muslim Sister by vedaxcool(m): 12:19pm On Dec 19, 2011
[size=18pt]I was fourteen years old and my relationship with my parents was on the edge just like any other teenager. I started to become interested in boys. I felt as if no one understood me, not even my friends. I especially didn’t feel pretty with my braces.

It all changed when I met him. It was fascinating to know that a college student would care so much about me. He was the most wonderful person. He treated me like a queen, and soon we became the best of friends. I felt I could tell him anything. As our friendship progressed, we talked about different topics including religion. He had different beliefs than me; he was Shia while I was Sunni. We always argued upon the differences. He had a way with making things sound bettter than what they were. Soon I became very confused.

One day he mentioned the idea of Mutah. He told me that it was a type of temporary marriage, which was Halal even in Sunni books. At first I didn’t believe him, but he used sources such as Bukhari and Muslim. I took his word for it, and before I realized, I was into a lot of trouble. I was in Mutah for four years. As time went by, I learnt that I had lost my honor and dignity to someone who had done this to several other girls.

I hope to inform and educate the people about the disease of Mutah, which is spreading rapidly in the Sunni community. It is the goal of certain Shia individuals to do Mutah with innocent girls, who lack knowledge of religion and experience of life. They convince them with their beliefs, and create confusion in their minds. I beg every sister, brother, father, mother, and friend to take a closer look at their dear ones, and make sure they do not become victims to the concept of Mutah.

Mutah is a form of temporary marriage whereby a man can “marry” a woman for an agreed amount of time and money (mahr). In Mutah, the husband is not financially responsible for the wife. There are no set limits in this kind of marriage by the Shia. According to Shia beliefs, no witnesses nor a permission of the guardian is needed (the Sunni father does not believe in Mutah), and there is no limit on the number of times one can do Mutah.

Also, the time period can be as little as one hour to as long as sixty years. In addition, a man who is permanently married can do as many Mutah as he feels like, even with married women. This is very similar to prostitution indeed.

Every day, more and more girls in our community are falling victim to this idea of Mutah presented by the Shia individuals. These girls are helpless in asking anyone for help, especially their parents. Please, teach and inform one another about the idea of Mutah, and our beliefs regarding it. Please do it for the honor and dignity of our Islam and for the love of Allah!

If everyone practised Mutah, which is what Shi’ism encourages, then we’d all probably die of STDs. There are Shia hadith which say that a man should perform Mutah with a thousand women. The medical implications of the implementation of these Shia beliefs would mean an epidemic of diseases. It is well-known that Shia guys are engaging in Mutah, oftentimes preying on innocent Sunni and Shia girls. This has become a major problem on university campuses world-wide.

Yours Truly,[/size]

A Concerned Muslim Sister

this story is very sad to even read, I felt highly pitiful towards the women of Iran who have to bear the lustful advances from Mutah Pimps, I will post another article on our Muslims sisters in Iran who suffer the scourge of Mutah! cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by Zhulfiqar1: 12:31pm On Dec 19, 2011
there is no hypocrisy or sorrowful case that can forbid a permissible act.

many men have misbehaved and beaten their permanent wives and done bad in permanent marriages.would that altogether make marriage bad?

many also condemn polygamy,but islamically polygamy is not forbidden.

so please do not use personal experiences to judge the laws of Allah.you are behaving like the christians who judge islam based on the ignorance of some muslims who end up apostating.

mut'ah is permissible and must be applied and practiced within the conditions of islam and not according to personal behaviours and desires:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-828259.0.html#msg9795372
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by vedaxcool(m): 12:44pm On Dec 19, 2011
The following question was asked on the Shia Chat forum:

Would you give your daughter, sister, or widowed mother for Mutah?

On that site, Hezbullahi–a veteran member of that site–says:

I’m asking this question out of curiosity because the other day a sheikh was telling my friend how good mut’a is and how society needs it etc, but when my friend asked him (just to test) if he could do mut’a with his daughter he refused and got angry. (Hypocricy if you ask me)

There is a poll on that site, asking whether or not these Shia would give their daughter or widowed mother in Mutah. An astonishing 40% of them said “YES.” (The other 60% are hypocrites of course.) This thread can be found here: http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17012&st=0
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by vedaxcool(m): 12:57pm On Dec 19, 2011
An Iranian blogger reported that a sex club in the holy city of Qum was hastily closed down by the authorities after it's shameful revelations came out. The butcher who ran it used to give extra meat to women he lured in to his club. But his sex adventures came to an end after it was discovered that he had even managed to have sex with a mother and her teenage daughter.

In his defence the butcher pointed to the religious laws that allow a man to contract sex. He said that as the 'shia' laws did not need men to check out the relationships between the women they slept with it was inevitable that men would end up sleeping with women in the same family. He said that the laws had made women available all over Iran and that is was commonly known that women in the sex trade also ended up sleeping with father and son. The butcher counted himself being pleasured by some eighty women, young and old. He admitted that his sons could also have slept with some of these women. http://mullaandmutah.weebly.com/

This is very disgraceful to any normal human that still have sound common sense
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by Zhulfiqar1: 1:01pm On Dec 19, 2011
vedaxcool:

The following question was asked on the Shia Chat forum:

Would you give your daughter, sister, or widowed mother for Mutah?

On that site, Hezbullahi–a veteran member of that site–says:

I’m asking this question out of curiosity because the other day a sheikh was telling my friend how good mut’a is and how society needs it etc, but when my friend asked him (just to test) if he could do mut’a with his daughter he refused and got angry. (Hypocricy if you ask me)

There is a poll on that site, asking whether or not these Shia would give their daughter or widowed mother in Mutah. An astonishing 40% of them said “YES.” (The other 60% are hypocrites of course.) This thread can be found here: http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17012&st=0
[b]

Vedaxcool,

there is no harm in learning new things and being opened to new ideas.wahhabism has encraoched unto your brain and is killing your cells.when you do not know something there is no harm in asking and seeking knowledge from others who know better.

i as a shia is not obliged or compelled to perform mut'ah marriage.in fact our 12 Imams (as) from the progeny of the Prophet Muhammad (sa) did not perform mut'ah marriage.nonetheless that does not make mut'ah marriage a forbidden and reprehensible act as the sunnis want us to believe in following the sunnah (teaching) of Umar,the father of bid'ah,who made mut'ah marriage forbidden.

if you ask me about polygamy as a muslim,i would tell you plainly that i personally do not intend to take more than one wife.i think it is not a good idea to me to have more than one wife.

that my stance on polygamy should not be seen in any way as my denial of polygamy being permissible in islam and an act that is not sinful in the sight of God.to sunnis mut'ah marriage is seen wrongly as something sinful which it isn't.likewise,it would be wrong of me to condemn and deny polygamy as something sinful because i do not practice it.there are shia who do not practice mut'ah marriage but they do not see it as something forbidden to do when others do it.they do not change the laws of Allah because of their own personal preferences like sunnis to with mut'ah marriage.

your propaganda of giving us the opinion of shia who do not want to or favor mut'ah marriage is like a christian spreading the opinion of muslims who do not favor polygamy or intend to practice it.

such outlook does not at all tell us that the act or practice is a forbidden or sinful act.[/b]
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by Zhulfiqar1: 1:09pm On Dec 19, 2011
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by olawalebabs(m): 2:36pm On Dec 19, 2011
i will need to do more research before i comment on this topic, but it is against the quranic believe, it is more of zhina

1 Like

Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by vedaxcool(m): 8:13am On Dec 20, 2011
Zhul-fiqar:

[b]

Vedaxcool,

there is no harm in learning new things and being opened to new ideas.wahhabism has encraoched unto your brain and is killing your cells.when you do not know something there is no harm in asking and seeking knowledge from others who know better.

i as a shia is not obliged or compelled to perform mut'ah marriage.in fact our 12 Imams (as) from the progeny of the Prophet Muhammad (sa) did not perform mut'ah marriage.nonetheless that does not make mut'ah marriage a forbidden and reprehensible act as the sunnis want us to believe in following the sunnah (teaching) of Umar,the father of bid'ah,who made mut'ah marriage forbidden.

if you ask me about polygamy as a muslim,i would tell you plainly that i personally do not intend to take more than one wife.i think it is not a good idea to me to have more than one wife.

that my stance on polygamy should not be seen in any way as my denial of polygamy being permissible in islam and an act that is not sinful in the sight of God.to sunnis mut'ah marriage is seen wrongly as something sinful which it isn't.likewise,it would be wrong of me to condemn and deny polygamy as something sinful because i do not practice it.there are shia who do not practice mut'ah marriage but they do not see it as something forbidden to do when others do it.they do not change the laws of Allah because of their own personal preferences like sunnis to with mut'ah marriage.

your propaganda of giving us the opinion of shia who do not want to or favor mut'ah marriage is like a christian spreading the opinion of muslims who do not favor polygamy or intend to practice it.

such outlook does not at all tell us that the act or practice is a forbidden or sinful act.[/b]

[size=18pt]Therein lies your problem, whatever your personal preference bears little value to the discussion, as usual your comparison deflects the issues on the ground, no christian will argue with a Muslim that the Qur'an does not favour polygamy, what they will argue is that it is not the ideal marriage, so what parallels where you drawing, bits the imagination as my indication is clear,it is forbidden and hardly differentiable from fornication! whether you want to do mutah or not is not my business, I started this thread to educate the Ummah on the wrongness of Mutah marriage, not to get anyone started, or unearth Nairalanders who practice it, simply put it the thread showed that Mutah is a sinful act as it is grossly against the statements of Muhammed pbuh that reject it practice[/size].
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by vedaxcool(m): 8:30am On Dec 20, 2011
[size=14pt]A reality we Shia Muslims have to accept is that our laws on contract sex have blurred the moral lines for many of our shia populations who are told to blindly follow everything the authorities give them. The fact is that vast majority of our people accept religious authority with passivity and see no difference between Islam and the men who rule us in the name of Islam . When you listen closely to people making excuses for the authorities you realise that to be 'religious' in our society means to be passive to the point of negligence or arrogance. No matter how much evidence there is that contract sex is not Islamic our people will passively deny the truth. This is because our people mixed up their faith in the Imams with the laws manufactured by our scholars. Our people dont like to face the truth about oursleves as it shakes our self-righteous egos and moves us out of our comfort zone. We think we are so right that if anybody points out how much we have got it wrong then we close up and go in to denial. We feel lost when facts are put in front of us and when our authorities are challanged. And to defend our low ideas of Islam we come up with phrases that don't mean anything. Let me give you an example:

Once someone confronted me saying that 'Halal E Mohammadi' will alway be Halal and 'Haram E Muhammadi' will always be Haram. He said this to allude that in the days of the Nabi the renting of women for sex was allowed and so cannot be made harram today. So I told him that according to the books even child slavery was halal in those days. I told him that selling your children in to slavery to pay your debts was allowed in those days. To this he turned his back and left. I just wish he had thought about revising his ideas about Islam rather then running away from facing the truth. I wish he was ready for a rediscovery of Islam instead of being so passive.

At another occasion another man came up to me and said: "You follow Umar because he removed contract sex!" So I responded that according to the same books that tell us that Umar removed it even Imam Ali is reported to have accepted what Umar did. Why do we pick bits from the books that suit us? I also told him that if we want to judge by books alone then the same books also tell us the Imam Hassan was out of control on sex. These books also tell us in 'mutawatir hadith' that Umar married one of the daughters of Imam Ali. And I told him that according to all the shia books the Quran has been changed. This means that it is 'mutawatir' to accept that the Quran is not original. All that was left for this 'religious' man was to get angry at me and label me as a 'wahabi shia.' Before he left I told him that I was grateful that I was not a 'zombie shia.' He has not spoken to me since!
[/size]

This entire article clearly explains the dilemma of shias.
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by Zhulfiqar1: 12:46pm On Dec 20, 2011
vedaxcool:

[size=18pt]Therein lies your problem, whatever your personal preference bears little value to the discussion, as usual your comparison deflects the issues on the ground, no christian will argue with a Muslim that the Qur'an does not favour polygamy, what they will argue is that it is not the ideal marriage, so what parallels where you drawing, bits the imagination as my indication is clear,it is forbidden and hardly differentiable from fornication! whether you want to do mutah or not is not my business, I started this thread to educate the Ummah on the wrongness of Mutah marriage, not to get anyone started, or unearth Nairalanders who practice it, simply put it the thread showed that Mutah is a sinful act as it is grossly against the statements of Muhammed pbuh that reject it practice[/size].
christians will not argue whether or not Quran favors polygamy.they will condemn the Quran because of polygamy as if monogamy is not there.personal preference does bear great value especially on how you conduct yourself and how well you apply the rules and perform certain things like mut'ah and polygamy to suit your preference.if personal preference has little value,Allah would not have left us the chance to marry one or two or three and up to four.that is an evidence of personal preference from the Quran itself.

if you can say polygamy is not the "ideal marriage",who even says muta'h is the ideal marriage?so why dont you see that Allah has given us choice of the ideal and also provision to manage different situations that can range from financial situation to personal behaviours?

you cannot educate anyone because you are misguided.inshaAllah i will open a thread to ortray sunni morality on many issues including contractual sex and not even mut'ah marriage with islamic conditions which is permissible.
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by Zhulfiqar1: 12:55pm On Dec 20, 2011
vedaxcool:

[size=14pt]A reality we Shia Muslims have to accept is that our laws on contract sex have blurred the moral lines for many of our shia populations who are told to blindly follow everything the authorities give them. The fact is that vast majority of our people accept religious authority with passivity and see no difference between Islam and the men who rule us in the name of Islam . When you listen closely to people making excuses for the authorities you realise that to be 'religious' in our society means to be passive to the point of negligence or arrogance. No matter how much evidence there is that contract sex is not Islamic our people will passively deny the truth. This is because our people mixed up their faith in the Imams with the laws manufactured by our scholars. Our people dont like to face the truth about oursleves as it shakes our self-righteous egos and moves us out of our comfort zone. We think we are so right that if anybody points out how much we have got it wrong then we close up and go in to denial. We feel lost when facts are put in front of us and when our authorities are challanged. And to defend our low ideas of Islam we come up with phrases that don't mean anything. Let me give you an example:

Once someone confronted me saying that 'Halal E Mohammadi' will alway be Halal and 'Haram E Muhammadi' will always be Haram. He said this to allude that in the days of the Nabi the renting of women for sex was allowed and so cannot be made harram today. So I told him that according to the books even child slavery was halal in those days. I told him that selling your children in to slavery to pay your debts was allowed in those days. To this he turned his back and left. I just wish he had thought about revising his ideas about Islam rather then running away from facing the truth. I wish he was ready for a rediscovery of Islam instead of being so passive.

At another occasion another man came up to me and said: "You follow Umar because he removed contract sex!" So I responded that according to the same books that tell us that Umar removed it even Imam Ali is reported to have accepted what Umar did. Why do we pick bits from the books that suit us? I also told him that if we want to judge by books alone then the same books also tell us the Imam Hassan was out of control on sex. These books also tell us in 'mutawatir hadith' that Umar married one of the daughters of Imam Ali. And I told him that according to all the shia books the Quran has been changed. This means that it is 'mutawatir' to accept that the Quran is not original. All that was left for this 'religious' man was to get angry at me and label me as a 'wahabi shia.' Before he left I told him that I was grateful that I was not a 'zombie shia.' He has not spoken to me since!
[/size]

vedaxcool:

[/size]

whoever this person is is not following islam.he is following his own conjectures and not what is in the Quran.

what actually is disgusting and irritating in the above which is plain kufr and nifaq is the sentance on Imam Hassan (as),the grandson of the Prophet (sa).any sunni will go mad and crazy when a shia exposes the evil actions of some infamous companions like abu bakr and umar who were great criminals.but he has no problem when a misguided being insults the grandson of the Prophet (sa).this clearly shows that the regards for abu bakr and co. is not because of the Prophet (sa) but the gansterism those criminals represented.can you imagine someone accusing the grandson of the Prophet (sa) whose moral character far surpasses the two animals and criminals from Quraysh?

someone is here calling Imam Hassan (as) names and accusing him of immorality.this is actually another wahhabi propaganda sunnis blindly follow.they say he was fond of women and married many times and divorced many times.we keep seeing how sunni "love" for the Ahlul-Bayt (as) is a myth.i presented a video where the mufti of saudi arabia was defending Yazeed,the killer of Imam Hussain (as).now we see another nasibi (haters of Ahlul-Bayt) propaganda targetting Imam Hassan (as).

this is actually a myth the perverted enemies of the Ahlul-Bayt (as) concoted to cover their shameful behaviours which is refuted here:

Imam Hasan-'The Myth of his Divorces'
By S. Saeed Akhtar Rizvi
Al-Serat, Vol 4 (1978), No 3

http://www.al-islam.org/al-serat/imamhasan.htm
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by Zhulfiqar1: 1:39pm On Dec 20, 2011
"Vedaxcool",you have being too arrogant and rude in your rejection of the truth and holding on to your sectarian sunni "superiority complex".you have invented many lies and concealed many truths and copied much from anti-SHIA sites who spread lies and falsehood to tarnish the reputation of the Shia who follow the school of thought of the Ahlul-Bayt (as).i will teach you a lesson of your life and make you feel bitter about your ignorance.

"Examples Of Sunni Immorality And Contractual Sex And Bid'ah Known As 'misyar'":
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-829216.0.html
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by vedaxcool(m): 11:24pm On Dec 22, 2011
Zhul-fiqar:

christians will not argue whether or not Quran favors polygamy.they will condemn the Quran because of polygamy as if monogamy is not there.personal preference does bear great value especially on how you conduct yourself and how well you apply the rules and perform certain things like mut'ah and polygamy to suit your preference.if personal preference has little value,Allah would not have left us the chance to marry one or two or three and up to four.that is an evidence of personal preference from the Quran itself.

if you can say polygamy is not the "ideal marriage",who even says muta'h is the ideal marriage?so why dont you see that Allah has given us choice of the ideal and also provision to manage different situations that can range from financial situation to personal behaviours?

you cannot educate anyone because you are misguided.inshaAllah i will open a thread to ortray sunni morality on many issues including contractual sex and not even mut'ah marriage with islamic conditions which is permissible.
[size=14pt]
Lol! when did I say that polygamy is not an ideal marriage, or i said Christians will say polygamy is not an ideal marriage, your desperation is very mind boggling indeed! grin grin grin Allah said marry only one, this mutah ruse will definitely make nonsense of the verse

Recently a famous Iranian actress by the name of Zahra Ebrahimi sold sex for a few days. Her porn home video of what she was doing with her Armenian 'boyfriend' was then posted on the internet. By doing lots of contract sex she had developed a taste for ellicit sex and was filmed in one of her contracts having sex in a doggy style. Ultimatly she denied making the video and blamed it on her mutah boyfried and on camera tricks. But the interesting bit behind this story was that it exposed how porn in Iran has become so wide spread that the Iranian parliament reacted by making laws to execute any woman who appeared in home videos of herself and loading it on the internet. The result has been that Iranian porn videos have become hot sellers in the porn world for dirty Western men to gape at misled and exploited Muslim girls performing sex routines. Some school videos on how Iranian girls act out porn routines in classrooms are also on the internet to be seen by the Western public. [/size]
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by LagosShia: 11:35pm On Dec 22, 2011
looks like someone has undergone "adult breastfeeding"! grin grin grin
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by ZhulFiqar: 11:40pm On Dec 22, 2011
vedaxcool:

[size=14pt]
Lol! when did I say that polygamy is not an ideal marriage, or i said Christians will say polygamy is not an ideal marriage, your desperation is very mind boggling indeed! grin grin grin Allah said marry only one, this mutah ruse will definitely make nonsense of the verse

in that case,christians do not say polygamy is not the ideal marriage.they disregard it totally and shun it.so you can see who is using what christians think (not even what he thinks) to fight for his desperate sunnism.

Recently a famous Iranian actress by the name of Zahra Ebrahimi sold sex for a few days. Her indecency home video of what she was doing with her Armenian 'boyfriend' was then posted on the internet. By doing lots of contract sex she had developed a taste for ellicit sex and was filmed in one of her contracts Being Intimate in a canine style. Ultimatly she denied making the video and blamed it on her mutah boyfried and on camera tricks. But the interesting bit behind this story was that it exposed how indecency in Iran has become so wide spread that the Iranian parliament reacted by making laws to execute any woman who appeared in home videos of herself and loading it on the internet. The result has been that Iranian indecency videos have become hot sellers in the indecency world for dirty Western men to gape at misled and exploited Muslim girls performing sex routines. Some school videos on how Iranian girls act out indecency routines in classrooms are also on the internet to be seen by the Western public. [/size]

mut'ah marriage is mut'ah marriage.and pros.titution and other forbidden acts are on their own.

would you then agree that the many moroccan pros.titutes that are found in nigeria who are sunni,are pros.titutes because of the sunni bid'ah of misyar?and would you agree they represent sunnis and their beliefs?
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by vedaxcool(m): 11:49pm On Dec 22, 2011
[size=18pt]The excuse that women can gain employment by selling their bodies is like saying that child slavery is acceptable because it gives employment to children. We all know that there is always a cleverly crafted excuse for every evil deed on this earth but we have to use clear headed judgements to make sure we do not get seduced by the excuses. We have to apply the parameters of justice, human decency and Quranic principles in anything we accept and not just say that the authorities have said it or it is written in the books. I[b]t is the authorities that tell us to blindly follow them, not Islam. Imam Ali detested blind followers. [/b]The whole concept of blind following of leaders is actually against the whole foundation of Shia Islam which came to fight corrupt authorities who mixed truth and falsehood and lied to the people that they were representing the Nabi and his family.

We should not be deceived by the false excuses of authorities today who justify things by labeling them as Islamic and misusing the names of the masumeen. First we should not accept that our daughters, sisters, mothers or aunts are 'nakis e akal' and secondly we should not accept that they can sell their bodies. We must not accept that they cannot be judges nor should we accept that Imam Ali ever said that they were scorpions. We must not accept that their 'faith is defective' just because they have monthly periods. In fact we must not accept hundreds of other lies that are regarded as 'Islamic' just because of the fault-line in the thinking of our ulema. I think it is time our scholars came out of their boxes instead of pushing us all in to them![/size]
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by ZhulFiqar: 12:22am On Dec 23, 2011
Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3255
"Sabra al-Juhanni reported on the authority of his father that while he was with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon hm) he said: O people, I had permitted you to contract temporary marriage with women…"

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3250:
Abu Nadra reported: While I was in the company of Jabir b. Abdullah, a person came to him and said that Ibn 'Abbas and Ibn Zubair differed on the two types of Mut'as (muta of Hajj and muta of women), whereupon Jabir said: We used to do these two during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger pbuh Umar then forbade us to do them, and so we did not revert to them.

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3261 'Urwa b. Zabair reported that 'Abdullah b. Zubair stood up (and delivered an address) in Mecca saying: Allah has made blind the hearts of some people as He has deprived them of eyesight that they give religious verdict in favor of temporary marriage, while he was alluding to a person (Ibn 'Abbas). Ibn Abbas called him and said: You are an uncouth person, devoid of sense. By my life, Mut'a was practised during the lifetime of the leader of the pious (he meant Allah's Messenger, pbuh), and Ibn Zubair said to him: just do it yourselves, and by Allah, if you do that I will stone you with your stones. Ibn Shihab said. Khalid b. Muhajir b. Saifullah informed me: While I was sitting in the company of a person, a person came to him and he asked for a religious verdict about Mut'a and he permitted him to do it.

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3252
Sabra Juhanni reported: Allah's Messenger pbuh permitted temporary marriage for us. So I and another person went out and saw a woman of Bana 'Amir, who was like a young long-necked she-camel. We presented ourselves to her (for contracting temporary marriage), whereupon she said: What dower would you give me? I said: My cloak. And my companion also said: My cloak. And the cloak of-my companion was superior to my cloak, but I was younger than he. So when she looked at the cloak of my companion she liked it, and when she cast a glance at me I looked more attractive to her. She then said: Well, you and your cloak are sufficient for me. I remained with her for three nights, and then Allah's Messenger pbuh said: He who has any such woman with whom he had contracted temporary marriage, he should let her off.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 6, Book 60, Number 139
Narrated Abdullah: We used to participate in the holy wars carried on by the Prophet and we had no women (wives) with us. So we said (to the Prophet). "Shall we castrate ourselves?" But the Prophet forbade us to do that and thenceforth he allowed us to marry a woman (temporarily) by giving her even a garment, and then he recited: "O you who believe! Do not make unlawful the good things which Allah has made lawful for you."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 6, Book 60, Number 43
Narrated 'Imran bin Husain: The Verse of muta was revealed in Allah's Book, so we performed it with Allah's Apostle, and nothing was revealed in Qur'an to make it illegal, nor did the Prophet prohibit it till he died. But the man (omar) just expressed what his own mind suggested

Sunni Quran Commentators on Verse 4:24,the Verse of Mut'ah and Its Revelation:

"This verse was revealed regarding Mut'ah"

Tafseer Ibn Katheer, Volume 1 page 84;Tafseer Durr al-Manthur, Volume 2 page 140;Tafseer Tabari, Page 9 part 5;Tafseer Kabeer, Volume 3 page 95;Tafseer Baydhawi, Volume 2 page 9.
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by hayorbaami: 6:01pm On Dec 29, 2011
This is the problem Muslims face when they do not understand their religion. There is nothing like Mutah.
Islamically, to make a valid marriage dere must be 5 things present.1) offer 2)Acceptance 3)Guardian(father or any oda person) 4) dowry 5) witnesses
Where any of these fails, that marriage is void. The father is very important in marriage and his consent is to the marriage is important. Anything short of this is zina. So there was no marriage after all but fornication.
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by tpia5: 6:19pm On Dec 29, 2011
Traditionally most of those things apply as well- especially the parents' or families' blessing.

But civil law allows for the absence of those, so it depends on the couple's situation i think.

Just speaking generally and nothing to do with the topic.

In addition i just want to ask if "Islamically" should actually be a word.

Seems to me like "In Islam" is the proper phraselogy.

"Islamically" sounds like all these young kids adding funny syllables to their names eg ade becomes ahdeh, lolu turns to lorlu, fehinti is changed to phehintee, etc etc.
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 29, 2011
This is despicable, Shia Guys are plain SICK ! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by hayorbaami: 7:30pm On Dec 29, 2011
It doesn't matter the choice of word I use either in islam or islamically, I passed a message across and am sure u got it!
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by deols(f): 7:34pm On Dec 29, 2011
hayorbaami:

This is the problem Muslims face when they do not understand their religion. There is nothing like Mutah.
Islamically, to make a valid marriage dere must be 5 things present.1) offer 2)Acceptance 3)Guardian(father or any oda person) 4) dowry 5) witnesses
Where any of these fails, that marriage is void. The father is very important in marriage and his consent is to the marriage is important. Anything short of this is zina. So there was no marriage after all but fornication.

thank u o my sister. what is right can be almost obvious all d time. To think that some Nigerians bought this idea some time ago is sickening. I heard one particular lady who had mutah with some guys was later left wv none of them ready to marry her.
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by tpia5: 12:56am On Dec 30, 2011
Of course i doubt any of the guys involved would be in it for the long term.

The point is, imo, as long as its not considered mandatory then the woman doesnt have to agree or put herself in any situation which would allow for that.

Might be hard i suppose- dont know for sure.

Now, if someone proposes mutah to a woman, is there any penalty if she refuses? Is she allowed to refuse and what would be the man's reaction if she does so.

Would he be angry?
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by tpia5: 1:03am On Dec 30, 2011
If a woman says that's what she wants, then as an adult she's free to make her own decisions of course, and bear the consequences, which could include having a reputation and difficulty in finding a marrige partner although left to me i'd say any man engaging in mutah should also marry women who are into mutah.
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by tpia5: 1:06am On Dec 30, 2011
My personal view, not a muslim one.

@ ayorbameeh

didnt notice you're one of the yuppie spellers.

Eyin ayoungeh.
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by LagosShia: 2:22pm On Dec 30, 2011
frosbel:

This is despicable, Shia Guys are plain SICK ! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

what a very honorable sunni supporter the enemy of Islam aka "frosbel" is!!!! grin grin grin grin

congrats to sunnis!!!
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by LagosShia: 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2011
tpia@:

If a woman says that's what she wants, then as an adult she's free to make her own decisions of course, and bear the consequences, which could include having a reputation and difficulty in finding a marrige partner although left to me i'd say any man engaging in mutah should also marry women who are into mutah.

it is actually funny when people want to be holier than their religion and its teachings.brother ZhulFiqar presented proof from the Quran and the sunni hadiths,yet someone is preaching about conditions and permanent marriage without knowing what mut'ah marriage is.

based on what you said "tpia",your attitude must be commended.i only want to let you know that,in conducting mut'ah marriage,this is mostly a provision for widows and the divorced.it is forbidden to contract mut'ah marriage with a virgin/unmarried girl without her father's consent.so you can imagine the difficulty in doing so and exploiting an unexperienced girl.there are conditions in mut'ah marrriage which totally makes it different from pros.titution.it is just as the Quran says that Allah permitted business while he forbade usury.yet the unbelievers still question the difference between usury and business!
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by Jabulana(m): 9:30am On Jan 02, 2012
What on earth should we allowed ourselves to be divided by religion? Know ! has ever been to Heaven & back to tell all we are fight 4 is truth is there? please u all should grow up enjoy will it last & STOP killing brothers & Sisters for the name of religion
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by LogicMind: 12:59am On Jan 04, 2012
I pity for muslims. Chained inside an ignorant religion full of illiterate imams and mullahs interpreting 1000s years old bablings of an illiterate.
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by deols(f): 8:56am On Jan 04, 2012
Logic Mind:

I pity for muslims. Chained inside an ignorant religion full of illiterate imams and mullahs interpreting 1000s years old bablings of an illiterate.

ehyaaa, y choose a name dat is a tptal opposite of u. makes u look like an undecided undecided
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by LogicMind: 10:43am On Jan 04, 2012
deols:

ehyaaa, y choose a name dat is a tptal opposite of u. makes u look like an undecided undecided

I understand that my name may cause confusion and rage in people like you. It represents a notion far removed from your grasp that explaining it would be tantamount to explaining quantum physics to a monkey.
Re: A Plea From A Muslim Sister by olawalebabs(m): 2:53pm On Jan 04, 2012
Deols, not everybody deserves your attention. embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hamza Tzortis Great? ? ? / What's The Difference Between Maulud And Christmas? / Etiquette Of Eid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.