Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,340 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! (47502 Views)

Benson Idahosa And Bishop David Oyedepo Pictured Together / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by yomz1e(m): 10:48am On Dec 20, 2011
Although God says we should not curse or harm is anointed, so rather than cursing this man lipsrsealed,  I will bless him so that God can bless me too!but am seriously trying hard not to lambast this guy angry angry
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by isquar3d3(m): 10:49am On Dec 20, 2011
musKeeto:

A summary of the bullshit about to occur on this thread,
muahahaha.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by buzugee(m): 10:52am On Dec 20, 2011
angelz:

by their fruit u shall kno them.
in as much as its not in our place 2 jugde,
Jesus said by the fruit his disciples bear u wil kno dem.
Jesus is neither agrresiv nor violent, the same thin applies to his disciples.
so whoever invent his own method shall be jugde by God.
hence he said he wil start jugdment in his own house,cus he knows the most
corrupt are within his household.
Candid05:

The Bishop is living in another world of pure imagination. There are some unanswered questions. Where in the Bible did Jesus slap or insult witches or those who do any wrong? Does the 'Man of God' know anything about respecting people's human rights? Does it mean he failed that day to ostracize the 'demonic spirit' of witchcraft from the girl that is why she could keep going back to their meetings after the slap? Does it occur to him that he is not talking to a bunch of hypnotized morons? If it is true that the 'lady-witch' that he slapped came back to beg him, then what happened next? Did that 'beg' converted the girl to another 'born-again' or it gave her the license and freedom to go on operating as a witch or even progress to become the 'leading witch in Nigeria'? Did anyone expect the church members to query him? No. the man is 'God-like' and whatever he does is wrong. no wonder more and more Nigerians who still have their sanity intact would rather worship at home rather than get their chance of salvation messed up by such 'religious leaders'.

you two have it all wrong. Yahawashi whom you call jesus used to whip people and throw them out of the temples. (Mark 11:15-19 Matthew 21:12-17, Luke 19:41-48, John 2:14-17  grin grin you need to read the apocrypha. the lost bible. the part that was taken out. his eyes were very red because he was very angry.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by atasteve: 10:55am On Dec 20, 2011
Candid05:

The Bishop is living in another world of pure imagination. There are some unanswered questions. Where in the Bible did Jesus slap or insult witches or those who do any wrong? Does the 'Man of God' know anything about respecting people's human rights? Does it mean he failed that day to ostracize the 'demonic spirit' of witchcraft from the girl that is why she could keep going back to their meetings after the slap? Does it occur to him that he is not talking to a bunch of hypnotized morons? If it is true that the 'lady-witch' that he slapped came back to beg him, then what happened next? Did that 'beg' converted the girl to another 'born-again' or it gave her the license and freedom to go on operating as a witch or even progress to become the 'leading witch in Nigeria'? Did anyone expect the church members to query him? No. the man is 'God-like' and whatever he does is wrong. no wonder more and more Nigerians who still have their sanity intact would[b] rather worship at home rather than get their chance of salvation messed up by such 'religious leaders'.[/b]

No matter our sentiments, the holy Bible doesn't support this! Heb. 10:25
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by kizito96(m): 10:58am On Dec 20, 2011
The whites who taught us Christianity are just laughing at our stupidity
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by stepo707: 11:00am On Dec 20, 2011
Its not even the slap that bothered me but the fact that he condemned that lady to hell.Who the hell does he think he is?He ain't God.screw that fraud!
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by buzugee(m): 11:00am On Dec 20, 2011
atasteve:

No matter our sentiments, the holy Bible doesn't support this! Heb. 10:25
i see your hand, and i raise you one ACTS 17 VS 24
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by dare2think: 11:05am On Dec 20, 2011
stepo707:

Its not even the slap that bothered me but the fact that he condemned that lady to hell.Who the hell does he think he is?He ain't God.screw that fraud!

Laughing really hard!!!!
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by babygirlfl: 11:06am On Dec 20, 2011
If a man of God is doing this, why do we conderm women beaters. Someone in a position to show example is showing people how to slap women. Soon men charged with battering their wife will start defending themself by saying that she is a witch and he was beating her just like Bishop Oyedepo did and he was cheered. The truth is, there is no excuse for the slap. Jesus never slapped anybody even those crucifying him. I am so angry that the Nigerian government and police did nothing about this. He has churches abroad and I can bet that he will not do this abroad cos he will be arrested, and the lady slapped might become a millionaire. Well I am not supprised that nothing was done. Nigerian is a country where people in authority can do anything and get away with it. Shame.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by buzugee(m): 11:08am On Dec 20, 2011
kizito96:

The whites who taught us Christianity are just laughing at our stupidity
Laughing at our stupidity ? christianity in its perverted form is from the white man. but the original doctrines, the hebrew manuscripts is from the black man. all the white man did was give us a corrupted version of what was ours. they gave us a hybrid between our original hebrew manuscripts and their pagan traditions. like worshipping  on sunday ? thATs a pagan tradition. the  sabbath day is actually on saturday. celebrating christmas ? thats a pagan tradition. etc etc. so no they are not laughing at us simply because even their own fellow whites have been hoodwinked too. however the roman catholic illuminati church is laughing at the christian world as a whole regardless of color. we have all been bamboozled, hoodwinked, had, usurped, discombobulated and corrupted by their doctrines.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by buzugee(m): 11:12am On Dec 20, 2011
they also gave us the image of the son of pope alexander the 6th, a man who is a murderer and a s-e-x-u-a-l incestual deviant by the name of cesare borgia, as the new christ to worship. this image was drawn by leonardo da vinci. they got the whole of africa and south america and the rest of the world worshipping the image of a murderer  grin now thats pimping
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by gogodaye(m): 11:16am On Dec 20, 2011
Again, because we no do anything to this bigot for this bad thing wen him do , the clown dey boast and him foolish naija followers dey make mouth too. Me l know say nothing go happen to this bigot for naija, l dey only beg say make naija diasporans take out a criminal complaint against the fool overseas so dat any time him reach obodo oyibo, real justice go prevail.
Oyedepo dey happy say the lady no be my relation, l for personally send am to him maker instanta.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Zikkyy(m): 11:27am On Dec 20, 2011
Joagbaje:

Secondly I would have loved to know on what ground she was slapped. Was it out of personal anger or a spiritual slap. I first assumed it was a personal fleshly anger but now I heard the man of God say it's a spiritual slap. cool

Lol grin Oga Jo, you don start angry which one be spiritual slap again ooh grin Are you saying there was no physical impact Your brother Rev'd King did something similar by attempting to burn the demon out of somebody (spiritual burning grin). unfortunately he had to set the physical body ablaze to achieve that sad Rev'd King will be given a spiritual hanging, let's hope his body survive it angry You guys are just a bunch of clowns angry
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Shokoloko(f): 11:28am On Dec 20, 2011
please while you are lambasting a pastor; a human that is prone to mistakes, please remember that there is an ex-governor called Yerima that is violating a 13 year old girl every day in his house, using her to practice sexual positions he has learnt in his 55 years.
please let us stop the continuous rape of that girl
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by crusufixo(m): 11:29am On Dec 20, 2011
Well, what can I say. All i know is that only God can judge all these pastors, reverend fathers,venerables, and the rest of them, It is not for us to judge. Left for me, the most important thing is building a strong relationship between yourself and God.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by dare2think: 11:31am On Dec 20, 2011
Shokoloko:

please while you are lambasting a pastor; a human that is prone to mistakes, please remember that there is an ex-governor called Yerima that is violating a 13 year old girl every day in his house, using her to practice intimate positions he has learnt in his 55 years.
please let us stop the continuous violation of that girl

Make your mind up!!!!!
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by karpenter: 11:33am On Dec 20, 2011
Free world, you are entitled to your opinion. It doesn't move the man of God whatever comment you post. They once accused Jesus that He was using evil spirit. It is not new, if you say anything against men of God. Except ye repent ,ye shall likewise perish. The message of the cross is foolishness to those who perish.

Agreed, but the question is "who are the men of God"? Certainly, this arrogant fellow, who assaulted a poor girl seeking for help cannot be said to be one. You show pity and compassion to the needy and not the other way. That was the message of Jesus Christ, the Master. For your own benefit, desist from comparing these bible-carrying-pretenders and business men with Jesus. Except you read other books, but in the bible account of Jesus, I never came across where someone was slapped or molested by Jesus for any reason, But I am sure this my write up is a waste of time, because the brain washed brains of Oyedepo followers will never see anything wrong in their jet trotting Daddy.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by tpia5: 11:33am On Dec 20, 2011
The girl herself has gotten sense but her supporters are still screamnig themselves hoarse.

When a member of her coven handles you its this same oyedepo you'll call on in fright.

Though some witches are also on the thread sha.

Many of them sef.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by dare2think: 11:34am On Dec 20, 2011
crusufixo:

Well, what can I say. All i know is that only God can judge all these pastors, reverend fathers,venerables, and the rest of them, It is not for us to judge. Left for me, the most important thing is building a strong relationship between yourself and God.

When someone accuses your family member of being a witch and slaps or burns her alive, I hope you'll tell the police to leave it for God to Judge.

Funny people.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by logica(m): 11:35am On Dec 20, 2011
Is it not funny that some of these stup!d religious women keep coming in trying to divert attention to another matter which they can raise in a different thread?
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by mekulonaire(m): 11:36am On Dec 20, 2011
D race 2 heaven is personal , y is people using odars problem 2 disturb theirs, its was jst a slap,
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Lantean(m): 11:37am On Dec 20, 2011
Laughing at our stupidity ? christianity in its perverted form is from the white man. but the original doctrines, the hebrew manuscripts is from the black man. all the white man did was give us a corrupted version of what was ours. they gave us a hybrid between our original hebrew manuscripts and their pagan traditions. like worshipping  on sunday ? thATs a pagan tradition. the  sabbath day is actually on saturday. celebrating christmas ? thats a pagan tradition. etc etc. so no they are not laughing at us simply because even their own fellow whites have been hoodwinked too. however the roman catholic illuminati church is laughing at the christian world as a whole regardless of color. we have all been bamboozled, hoodwinked, had, usurped, discombobulated and corrupted by their doctrines.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin please stop, my side hurts from laughing grin grin grin

Now, jokes apart.

@ Nairalanders:
I believe it was wrong to slap the girl, staged or not, and even brag about it. He wouldn't dare do this abroad, staged or not.
Since when has Human Rights organizations paid particular interest to religious matters like this? But they'll have us accept an immorality condemned by both the Bible and the Qur'an(same sex marriage).
And our elites like Wole Shoyinka would encourage us to embrace madness so we can show the world we are not monkeys/baboons, don't live in trees, are educated and civilised.
Our ancestors were right, THE WHITE MAN WAS TROUBLE FROM DAY ONE. BUT WE WELCOMED ALL THEIR "TROUBLES" SO WE COULD THINK WE ARE ALIKE

OUR INFERIORITY COMPLEX IS OUTSTANDING AND DISTURBINGLY UNOBVIOUS
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by nwanioma(f): 11:39am On Dec 20, 2011
How can there be so many clueless people! This is part of our problem in the country, Dumb people!
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by dare2think: 11:40am On Dec 20, 2011
tpia@:

The girl herself has gotten sense but her supporters are still screamnig themselves hoarse.

When a member of her coven handles you its this same oyedepo you'll call on in fright.

Many of them sef.

Tpia@

How far with the prostitution thingy ?

Just curious dude, do you support violence against  people and vulnerable children accused of witch-craft? Some of them still get burnt alive in some parts of Africa.

Oyedepo is not God.

He is a [b]bully [/b]and a [b]charlatan [/b]whose bones and flesh would rot with [b]maggots [/b]just like every other human.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by logica(m): 11:40am On Dec 20, 2011
Though I have to thank Oyedepo. If any WOMAN disturbs me in their characteristic manner, I have the right to serve her a "spiritual slap". *Laughs at the visuals of the woman doing back-spin on the floor after the heavy slap*

On a serious note though, I doubt he would DARE slap me if I stood in front of him and told him I was a witch. Dem no born him papa. Believe me.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Sammy79(m): 11:43am On Dec 20, 2011
The whole episode from slapping and 'bragging' is very disturbing and comical to say the list.

'By their fruit you shall know them' or was it by their fruit you shall talk about them? Either ways, talking about it is not bad in itself but how we do the talking is what matters the most.

God help us Church.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by DaDoctor: 11:44am On Dec 20, 2011
THIS NA NAIJA OHH. ANYTIN A 'MAN OF GOD' DOES IS OKAY TO PASS EVEN WITHOUT SCRUTINY. SAME PEOPLE THAT BUILT SCHOOLS WITH PUBLIC FUND AND MADE THE SCHOOLS SO EXPENSIVE.

OH  I REMEMBER THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN MISSIONARY SCHOOLS WERE FOR 'FREE'
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by maclatunji: 11:44am On Dec 20, 2011
@Joagbaje, you are not very smart, are you?
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by buzugee(m): 11:48am On Dec 20, 2011
Lantean:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin please stop,  my side hurts from laughing grin grin grin

Now, jokes apart.

whats funny ? do you also know that the messiah you are worshipping is a greek god ? did you know that ? jesus is culled from Zeus, and this is a greek god. so when you pray to jesus you are praying to  a greek god. job 9 vs 24-the earth is handed to the wicked and he covers the eyes of the judges. see all your eyes have been covered. his real name in hebrew is Yahawashi
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Okijajuju1(m): 11:51am On Dec 20, 2011
You so-caled religous/true christians have all strayed far away from God.

Im sure that God does not want fools in heaven. How can you see such a great injustice and you fold your arms and turn the other way out of fear and cowardice. If Christianity is all about being Christ-like, where does this slapping (spiritual or physical) come from?! Jesus was the humblest of persons according to the bible. Even when he was arrested and Peter cut-off the ear of his captors, Jesus was stil polite and humble in how he handled the matter. It was quite shameful that everyone was clapping at the pastor assaulting a girl.

I pray that in your over-righteousness/zealousness/eye-service christianity, you do not end up in hell.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Sagamite(m): 11:54am On Dec 20, 2011
pendo89:

very shallow preaching.

Yet you have hoardes of cretins filling up his auditorium.

tpia@:

Many of them sef.

Only a mentally disturbed person would believe a coven is disturbing them. Worse still, only a cretin will go to this charlatan fraudster arsewipe to get help for the illusions.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by buzugee(m): 11:56am On Dec 20, 2011
Sagamite:

Yet you have hoardes of cretins filling up his auditorium.

Only a mentally disturbed person would believe a coven is disturbing them. Worse still, only a cretin will go to this charlatan fraudster arsewipe to get help for the illusions.
eku aro bros grin that means 'good morning' for the unenlightened

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Vs Stephanie Otobo: When You Lie Against God's Children / I Didn’t Promise Stephanie Otobo Marriage – Apostle Suleman / Adeboye Prays For Joshua Mike-Bamiloye & Tolulope Mary Odesola At Their Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.