Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,604 members, 7,801,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year (11238 Views)

GEJ, Sambo, Okonjo-iweala And Other Ministers To Travel Abroad After May 29 / Jonathan, Sambo To Spend N4 Billion On Food, Travels In 2015 / GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by bigcycs: 9:44am On Dec 20, 2011
The president and his deputy will together enjoy N992.57 million worth of food and general catering services in 2012.

According to a detailed analysis of the N4.749trillion budget the president presented to lawmakers last week, the cost of purchasing food stuffs, catering supplies, kitchen equipments for the president and his vice, and their offices, will cost the nation N992.57 million, about N7 million away from a billion naira.
http://premiumtimesng.com/index.php/news/3165-jonathan_sambo_to_spend_n1billion_on_food_in_2012.html

For all those pro GEJ die hard fans here's something to chew on.
Your "Icon" whose been going around chanting the mantra of "fuel subsidy removal","the economy will crash in two years","we cannot borrow to fund our budget",, and all what not has proposed to spend almost a billion naira on feeding his humble "once shoeless" self,and his fat chubby vice.
I won't be surprised if somebody crawls into this thread and attempts to justify this glaring display of flagrant attempted waste of public funds!!.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by werepeLeri: 10:01am On Dec 20, 2011
dont you know they will be feeding on gold daily? Gold dont come cheap.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by 1025: 10:19am On Dec 20, 2011
mr. fuel subsidy removal. look at a man that went to school without shoes and another aboki that feeds on tuwo now ready and happy to spend such amount feeding just to make sure nigerians die in hardship.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by martyns303(m): 10:28am On Dec 20, 2011
enough money to feed over 1000 person for a year and still enough money left to build an estate to accomodate 500 people. what do this guys eat anyway? sanusi should ask them same question he asked Cecilia Ibru.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Kx: 10:32am On Dec 20, 2011
Do as I say, dont do as I do.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Demdem(m): 10:35am On Dec 20, 2011
No wonder the retardeen can't think on his own. He left the economy for prime minister ngozi. This is another area where funds can easily be freed up for infrastructural development.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by olawalebabs(m): 4:35pm On Dec 20, 2011
that definately is not for cassava bread that the presidency promise us he will be eating along with his family and member of is cabinet
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by itiswell1(m): 4:35pm On Dec 20, 2011
So Mr. Presido want to focus on his belly. All the food he didn't eat when he had no shoes.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 20, 2011
:-x :-x :-x :-x :-x
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by BIGERBOY1: 4:36pm On Dec 20, 2011
I don tire sef. Every day brings a new thing for this country sef
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by bodejohn(m): 4:38pm On Dec 20, 2011
This did not come to me as a surprise after all, Aso Rock is to spend 500M on food stuffs only this year.I have been trying to looking for the the next year's budgetary figure.

And by the way, there was another 300M budgeted for cooking utensils 2011. Looks like the first and second families use their utensils for a year otherwise how do we explain the budget for the same utensils again.

So much from a government that is asking Nigerians to sacrifice for the progress of the nation.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by kulutempa: 4:39pm On Dec 20, 2011
Food subsidy for the leaders stays, oil subsidy for the masses goes.  Bloody selfish pigs!  
I hope they choke on that food and have their sleep tormented by the cries of millions of Nigerian children who go to bed on empty stomachs every night.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by jmaine: 4:40pm On Dec 20, 2011
Food made in heaven . . . Na wao cheesy
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by aljharem3: 5:10pm On Dec 20, 2011
werepeLeri:

dont you know they will be feeding on gold daily? Gold dont come cheap.
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by egift(m): 5:17pm On Dec 20, 2011
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Gbawe: 5:18pm On Dec 20, 2011
Kai !!! No wonder Beaf has so much energy to trouble Nairalanders with !!! If his master (GEJ) and his VP eat £11, 000.00 worth of food everyday, can anyone imaging the 'crumbs' falling to Beaf from Oga's table ? Guys, make una beware engaging Beaf OOO. Geezer will always be working with a very full stomach so unless you sef chop bellefull, steer clear  grin grin
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by VoodooDoll(m): 5:21pm On Dec 20, 2011
Gbawe:

Kai !!! No wonder Beaf has so much energy to trouble Nairalanders with !!! If his master (GEJ) and his VP eat £11, 000.00 worth of food everyday, can anyone imaging the 'crumbs' falling to Beaf from Oga's table ? Guys, make una beware engaging Beaf OOO. Geezer will always be working with a very full stomach so unless you sef chop bellefull, steer clear  grin grin

So true.

CHAI,   Naijas! We don suffer. Na to dey argue on empty stomach with person wey don chop well well!
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by youngmonie: 5:45pm On Dec 20, 2011
The president and his deputy will together enjoy N992.57 million worth of food and general catering services in 2012.

According to a detailed analysis of the N4.749trillion budget the president presented to lawmakers last week, the cost of purchasing food stuffs, catering supplies, kitchen equipments for the president and his vice, and their offices, will cost the nation N992.57 million, about N7 million away from a billion naira.

This is where we waste things a lot, d ones that were there b4 what happened to them?
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by wowo2: 5:50pm On Dec 20, 2011
why no one in governance actually thinks of tomorrow is mind shattering,
could it be that be you need to be so undiscerning to function at that top level,
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 20, 2011
Pls those of u that voted for him should keep quiet. He told u he had no shoes growin up. That means he had little or no food to eat. Why complain now when he is just takin his share of the national cake.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Gbawe: 5:59pm On Dec 20, 2011
VoodooDoll:

So true.

CHAI,   Naijas! We don suffer. Na to dey argue on empty stomach with person wey don chop well well!

Na im ooo my brother. Na to cut ya coat according to ya size from now on. Any nairalanders who has only garri and peanut in their stomach berra avoid the Nairalanders on GEJ's payroll. Abeg let us remember that all stomachs are equal but some stomachs are more equal than others .
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by JUO(m): 6:03pm On Dec 20, 2011
Abeg let us remember that all stomachs are equal but some stomachs are more equal than others .
lol
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by VoodooDoll(m): 6:10pm On Dec 20, 2011
NA WAH,  UNEQUAL STOMACHS grin grin grin

So GEJ & Sambo are spending N1bn on food.

GEJ & Sambo on Food = N1bn

Nigeria's Agric budget = N80bn.

Two families are eating N1bn, while the whole country's Agric budget is N80bn.  If there were 80 more families like GEJ  & Sambo then problem,

All Stomachs are created equally but some are more equal than others, !!!!! LMAOL!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by floxyrangy: 6:12pm On Dec 20, 2011
chai,i hope to be one of their food suppliers sha
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by ndigbo: 6:17pm On Dec 20, 2011
hmmm! Beaf could you please defend this?
And come to think of it GEJ asked us to sacrafice for the betterment of our 2moro! Hmmmmmm!   angry  angry  angry  angry
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by doctokwus: 6:17pm On Dec 20, 2011
D kitchen utensils they budget for every year are d DISPOSABLE DIAMOND type,that's why they come at such hefty cost;after eating wt them,u either take them home as a souvenir of ur visit to d 1st& 2nd families or if u are a RECURRENT visitor,u simply throw them into d trash bin.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by bigcycs: 6:20pm On Dec 20, 2011
Do i have to smoke all those pro GEJ youths outta the wood work or are they gonna be bold enough to come out and take a stand on this or are they just cunningly avoiding a debate that obviously will embarrass them

You see just when I begin to feel maybe the criticisms on GEJ are getting a tad bit unfair,BAM! He surpasses his previous "milestone",he scores another record all time low.

So the government cannot afford to sanitize the subsidy program and spare us the ish pending when our refineries come into full action yet this same government sees none wrong in proposing to spend all that money to feed just two nigerians.

So GEJ cannot feed himself off his already bloated salary? Can't sambo feed himself? So tax payers will pay this two "ten headed,blue blooded" Nigerians fat salaries and still scratch out close to a billion to feed them to do what?.

Well let's see what the senate has to say about this,
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Gbawe: 6:29pm On Dec 20, 2011
bigcycs:

Do i have to smoke all those pro GEJ youths outta the wood work or are they gonna be bold enough to come out and take a stand on this or are they just cunningly avoiding a debate that obviously will embarrass  them

You see just when I begin to feel maybe the criticisms on GEJ are getting a tad bit unfair,BAM! He surpasses his previous "milestone",he scores another record all time low.

So the government cannot afford to sanitize the subsidy program and spare us the ish pending when our refineries come into full action yet this same government sees none wrong in proposing to spend all that money to feed just two nigerians.

So GEJ cannot feed himself off his already bloated salary? Can't sambo feed himself? So tax payers will pay this two "ten headed,blue blooded" Nigerians fat salaries and still scratch out close to a billion to feed them to do what?.

Well let's see what the senate has to say about this,   

My brother, you no dey fear? Wetin you get for stomach sef to be calling out these people like that? Abi you don't understand that they are 'packing' in the stomach department? My children's christmas presents has bankrupted me and I am drinking garri right now. So, please don't count on my help when those with full stomachs manhandle you. A word is enough for the wise  grin grin With such budgeting for food alone, I wonder the 'propaganda and sycophancy' allowance Beaf et al must enjoy. Choi Monkey dey work Baboon dey chop.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by DuDelignc: 6:33pm On Dec 20, 2011
By comparison, here is what Tam David-West related about his experience with Buhari as Head of State:

"One day I went to visit him, and he asked me what I would like to drink. I told him I wanted Fanta. He called his steward and said: “Please bring Fanta for the Professor.” The steward left, and for good five, ten minutes, he didn’t come back. Finally, he came back, shaking, and said: “Commander-in-Chief, there is no Fanta.” So Buhari laughed and said: “Professor, there is no Fanta in Dodan Barracks, so let’s go on with our interview.”

Source: http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/achebe-foundation/the-foundation-interviews-7-professor-tam-david-west.html
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by bowakoko: 6:38pm On Dec 20, 2011
You guys are not considerate, that I Billion Naira is not enough to feed Dame Pat Jonathan.

You know she has to learn English not on empty stomach! angry grin[color=#000099][/color]
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 20, 2011
make una dey try use Una brain now. It's obvious that provision was also made for state dinners and the likes when the presidency hostes guest as is expected when people come to see their elected representatives.
Re: GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year by ziccoit: 6:44pm On Dec 20, 2011
Kai, Nigerians are in serious trouble. The ' vote GEJ not PDP' proponents are in double tragedies. Common, enjoy your fresh air Jare.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chidi Odinkalu & Ayisha Osori: “Too Good To Die: Third Term & The Myth Of The / Insecurity: It Is Unacceptable For Hundreds Of Innocent Lives To Be Wasted – Obi / Jos Killings; Jama'atu Ahlus Claims Responsibility. It Is Jihad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.