Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 (25758 Views)

USSD Message Not Showing On Ipad2 / Ipad2 Or Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Which One Of This Device Should I Buy? / To Transfer Pictures From Computer To Digital Camera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by martyns303(m): 10:05am On Dec 20, 2011
Got myself an Ipad2 2 months ago and till now i've not been able to figure out how to transfer video to it. i have an Itune, i can transfer Audio and pictures to it from my pc. i download apps from itunes. I also have this app on my pc, copytrans. I dont know if it sounds funny. i'd really appreciate a lil help.
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by zen247(m): 11:56pm On Dec 20, 2011
[/i][i]I would recommend this app, it works perfectly but you need to pay to get it. No need to convert the videos and very easy to use even a child can figure this out, you simply drag & drop into a folder. ''AVPlayerHD'' for ipad.
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/avplayerhd/id407976815?mt=8
I think Copytrans is more for audios and pictures and even if you have to transfer videos with that you have to convert it first.
Hope this help
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by martyns303(m): 5:28am On Dec 21, 2011
now i have a problem with the paying part, so i just cant transfer videos into the ipad?
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by zen247(m): 6:29am On Dec 21, 2011
No,who cannot just tranfer videos onto it. ios only support certain video format. So you would have to convert the video first, I'm sure there are free video converter out there.
I'll see if theres any easier option and get back to you on that
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by Pelumiv(m): 10:16am On Dec 21, 2011
martyns303:

now i have a problem with the paying part, so i just cant transfer videos into the ipad?
Is your Ipad jailbreak?
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by martyns303(m): 2:12pm On Dec 21, 2011
^^^^^^ No!
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by ideylaff: 6:09pm On Dec 21, 2011
^^^^^^ No!

so whats the problem then?

AVPlayerHD is not that expensive
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by cuteypooch(m): 6:13pm On Dec 21, 2011
@OP, You need to convert the videos to a specific mp4 format. Refer to this link for assistance http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/3780-convert-your-videos-idiot-proof-windows.html I followed it and it worked for me.
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by omega25red(m): 6:13pm On Dec 21, 2011
dude pay for what?
martyns303:

All you have to do is download the video import it to your itunes and sync it to your ipad. The only important thing is to make sure the video is an MP4 video which is the ipod iphone  and ipad video format
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by Softmojo(m): 6:19pm On Dec 21, 2011
Buy Azul Player from the Appstore very cheap and plays all format. Or better still purchase yxplayer2HD, its a free app but still plays all formats. Use ITUNES to transfer from your pc to the ipad.
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by hamsky: 6:44pm On Dec 21, 2011
You'll have to convert the video to an ipad format and then click on the "file" option on itunes. In the drop down options their should be one called "add file to library" which will allow you select you convetered ipad video, and then sync your ipad to itunes, easy pizzy lemon squeeze. You can get an ipad converter from: http://www.imtooroducts-win-download.html (select the option with the the name "imTOO iPad converter"wink

A little piece of advise
I'm not trying to mock you or anything but I suggest you sell it n get yoursell a descent android honeycomb tablet like the samsung galaxy tab, motorola xoom or asus transformer cos they are a lot less of a hassle to use. I guess u bought it because of the bandwagon dat goes with d ipad isn't it but now you've realised how difficult it is to use.
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by sulad82i(m): 6:52pm On Dec 21, 2011
@OP if you do not want to pay for any app, your best option will be to convert your video files to mp4 as required by apple before you can transfer it to your iPad. Converting might take a while but at least you'll get your movies.

Another thing to avoid this mess is use software that can rip your DVD directly into mp4 unto your pc so you won’t have to spend all that time converting. Check on cnet.com for software that might help you accomplish your task.
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by Sprumbaba: 7:12pm On Dec 21, 2011
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by Sprumbaba: 7:13pm On Dec 21, 2011
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by xammy(m): 8:06pm On Dec 21, 2011
I CAN OPEN AN ITUNE ACCOUNT IF U ARE WILLIN TO PAY
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by xammy(m): 8:07pm On Dec 21, 2011
download this freemake coverter
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by martyns303(m): 8:47pm On Dec 21, 2011
Guys! i do have an itune account. and i've not even come to the point of format anytin like that, on the itune, i can see where to sync. either music of photos, but when it comes to videos, there is nothing like that.
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 21, 2011
if you are in Lagos let me know so you will meet me up with your laptop only so i can give you the software you need and how to download it and also use it, firstly you will be able to download videos online and secondly transfer all your videos into your Ipad, just click on my username to get my contact details
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by martyns303(m): 9:41pm On Dec 21, 2011
^^^^^^^ i would really appreciate that, but am not in lagos n there's no contact on ur profile. would be greatful if u can jst mail me d procedures via the contact on my own profile, plss! Godbless
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by martyns303(m): 11:30pm On Dec 21, 2011
Thank u sooo much spike, imagine how easy it is.
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by KokoBeware: 11:38pm On Dec 21, 2011
The best app i found on the itunes store is "movie player" its $2.99 it play all video formats u dont need to convert ur videos. just search for "movie player on the itunes store
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by KokoBeware: 11:42pm On Dec 21, 2011
flex:player from app store its FREEE, just install and copy ur movies to the app under file sharing
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by martyns303(m): 12:08am On Dec 22, 2011
ok now i have a situation, i have an application, total video converter, i just drag dropped 3 previous mp4 video i had and it worked, i tried converting new videos and drag them into the itunes and it wont copy. why can't this things be easier for an average user?
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by Nobody: 2:02am On Dec 22, 2011
http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPhone/

Go to this website and download the appropriate one for your device. It is so simple to use and you can personally adjust quality from basic to HD (with larger file size) and most of all, it is free as air. I have been using it since the days of first iPod Touch to the iPad 2 now.

You will never pay for anything on the internet if you know your way around.

For your transfer of all files (songs, videos, photos, apps etc) from your iDevice to your computer (which is forbidden by apple), use sharepod (just type it into google). It is a freeware and the greatest there is. It copies everything on your iDevice to your computer just by a few clicks.

To access your backups over the months (should in case you overwrite or delete something) from your phone, use iBackupbot. It is a freeware too, just type it into google. With it, you will be able to recover all your text-messages, telephone numbers, notes and so on with just one click. It will automatically access your back-ups, which iTunes saves deep within your computer, in encrypted format, that you normally wouldn't be able to locate and open.

Thank me later.

I am a pro with iOS. I mod and hack and i know my way around it. So any problem, just inbox me never pay anyone when you are already paying for internet.
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by Suntemi(m): 5:58am On Dec 22, 2011
Softmojo:

Buy Azul Player from the Appstore very cheap and plays all format. Or better still purchase yxplayer2HD, its a free app but still plays all formats.
KokoBeware:

just install and copy your movies to the app under file sharing
That's all you need.
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by ogbongzky(m): 7:05am On Dec 22, 2011
You dont need any app and you dont need to jailbreak the iPad. Just follow the steps below:

Go to www.freemake.com to download the converter
Use it to convert your videos to Apple format. (You can even choose the option of auto-exporting to iTunes)
It will be easier if you create a folder on your desktop as the destination of the converted videos
Launch iTunes, from File menu, click "Add file, "
Choose the video or add the whole folder
Click on your iPad icon in iTunes
Look at the top where you see snapshots of the homescreen of your iPad
Click on the Videos/films tab and ensure you tick the box for sync videos/films

Sync your iPad

Tap the videos icon on your iPad and enjoy your videos

Note: You can choose the videos to be sync if you dont want all to be sync to the iPad. The settings are here in iTunes

If you need any help with your iPad, feel free to contact me and check the "iPad Tips" category of my blog.

Source: http://www.ogbongeblog.com/2011/09/how-to-convert-moviesvideos-to-ipad.html
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 22, 2011
martyns303:

ok now i have a situation, i have an application, total video converter, i just drag dropped 3 previous mp4 video i had and it worked, i tried converting new videos and drag them into the itunes and it wont copy. why can't this things be easier for an average user?

The Total video converter is the most versatile converter for all media. You can even convert straight from a VCD plate. There is a key you must locate on the TVC which enables you to select your destination file before you start the conversion process. Select your itunes as the destination file and start your conversion to MP4 format. When your are through sync your itunes with your Ipad. You are there.
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by candylips(m): 3:08pm On Dec 22, 2011
I use AirVideo http://www.inmethod.com/air-video/index.html. its about $1.99

you can convert videos, stream or stream n convert at d same time.
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by odoma(f): 5:59pm On Dec 27, 2011
W
Re: How To Transfer Videos To Ipad2 by JideTheBlogger(m): 9:50am On Mar 24, 2013

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Email Etiquettes Most People Ignore / How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer / Tools To Bypass Firewalls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.