Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,159 members, 7,807,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? (14801 Views)

Stock Brokers Sue Oyedepo For Not Paying Them / Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by KnowAll(m): 12:53pm On Dec 20, 2011
Even though I don’t like given poor folks idea’s of making money or “ Hammering” using Niaja lingo for sudden money or wealth!!! Against a man of God, What OF if this poor lady from Imo State sues the Pastor, she would probably win, anyway I hope she does not? lipsrsealed
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by antartica(m): 1:06pm On Dec 20, 2011
Of course that is a criminal offence,he can go to jail for that. That is a vivid proof of child abuse and it is the primary duty of the state to take it up. Unless child abuse is not illegal nigeria,like so many other vices,ie,corruption,paedophilea
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by KnowAll(m): 1:47pm On Dec 20, 2011
Of course that is a criminal offence,he can go to jail for that. That is a vivid proof of child abuse and it is the primary duty of the state to take it up. Unless child abuse is not illegal nigeria,like so many other vices,ie,corruption,paedophilea

Bankole never go jail for stealing 89 Billion, na owner of the best Uni go come go jail. I beg talk another one. undecided
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by Gbawe: 1:55pm On Dec 20, 2011
KnowAll:

Even though I don’t like given poor folks idea’s of making money or “ Hammering” using Niaja lingo for sudden money or wealth!!! Against a man of God, What OF if this poor lady from Imo State sues the Pastor, she would probably win, anyway I hope she does notlipsrsealed

Why? This man physically assaulted and humiliated a young lady !!! What he did is despicable and I hope he pays for it every way possible. Alas, what is the chance of GEJ's own personal 'prayer warrior' facing any sanction in a nation where the President, politicians and pastors like Oyedepo are demigods?

The only hope is for International outcry to be big enough so that Oyedepo is shamed to apologize and compensate the poor girl. His ministry is international, so I would hope non-Nigerians connected with Oyedepo will at least be steadfast in their condemnation of this terrible assault that shows how most pastors operate with messianic impunity in Nigeria.
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by KnowAll(m): 2:08pm On Dec 20, 2011
Why? This man physically assaulted and humiliated a young lady !!! What he did is despicable and I hope he pays for it every way possible. Alas, what is the chance of GEJ's own personal 'prayer warrior' facing any sanction in a nation where the President, politicians and pastors like Oyedepo are demigods?

The only hope is for International outcry to be big enough so that Oyedepo is shamed to apologize and compensate the poor girl. His ministry is international, so I would hope non-Nigerians connected with Oyedepo will at least be steadfast in their condemnation of this terrible assault that shows how most pastors operate with messianic impugnity in Nigeria

This are one of the few things that can back fire on a pastor. What they fail to realise is that there Churches are no more that corner Church underneath the bridge in one corner of Bariga, where serious ‘koboko’ is used in exorcising exercise.

Once you have called in the Global TV Cameras into your services, you must be in your best behaviour otherwise what are accepted as norm in many churches all over Nigeria would be exposed for what they really are.

Oyedepo can continue is impunity as you say, but first switch off the cameras. This is a clear case of eating your cake and having it, Mr Pastor?
undecided
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by Chubhie: 2:11pm On Dec 20, 2011
This case will just die a natural death. Methinks nofin good will come outta this. After killing the Bishop on the pages of newspapers and then what? Am not in support of what he did but hey this is naija where anything goes once you gat loads of money to sort your way through.
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by tjadeba(m): 3:55pm On Dec 20, 2011
It will die a natural death and the pastor will even say it to your face that given the same scenario,he would do worse.The yorubas have a saying and it goes thus "Ilu ti ko ni ofin,kosi ese" i.e where there is no rule of law, there is no crime.

But i sincerely pray that right before my eyes,there will emerge a new Nigeria,where people will be responsible for their actions and inaction,where the law of the land will be sacrosant and gullibility, a la christianity as practised right now, will be down to its barest minimum.Where stealing of =N=1.00 that belongs to the public will mean imprisonment and ineptitude in public office will attract sack.

I pray for a new Nigeria.Lets all work towards it so that it will be realisable
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by 2Mekus: 4:01pm On Dec 20, 2011
Even though I don’t like given poor folks idea’s of making money or “ Hammering” using Niaja lingo for sudden money or wealth!!! Against a man of God, What OF if this poor lady from Imo State sues the Pastor, she would probably win, anyway I hope she does not?

What if this poor lady from Imo State drops dead before she contemplates suing?
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by KnowAll(m): 4:09pm On Dec 20, 2011
We are in the period of bountiful rulings

Baba Suwe sues NDLA and wins N20 Million Naira.

Also the Nigerien man locked up for 10 years sued and won N7 Million Naira.

Now this girl how much would she be given, bearing in mind N1 Million Naira is probably, the school tuition for 3 students in Covenant University.
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by tsharp(m): 4:11pm On Dec 20, 2011
2Mekus:

What if this poor lady from Imo State drops dead before she contemplates suing?

Would there be any doubt who the killer is? If it wasn't a human life I would have said it would probably be the best scenario; so that Oyedepo and his ilk would be known for what they really are at last.
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 20, 2011
Norrin would Happen jooooor
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 20, 2011
At which court? All of you that are bashing the man of God should beware of consequences of your idle words.
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by vislabraye(m): 4:23pm On Dec 20, 2011
I dont think he acted wisely by slapping the girl. Although there are some people who would say that he slapped the demon in her for blasphemy. Then what makes him different from Rev. King who did the same thing.

If she said she was a witch for Jesus, he would have simply casted out the demon from her. I don't see in any instance when Jesus slapped any demon possessed person.
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 20, 2011
Noriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin wuld wraappen
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by MrMechEng(m): 4:28pm On Dec 20, 2011
KnowAll:

Even though I don’t like given poor folks idea’s of making money or “ Hammering” using Niaja lingo for sudden money or wealth!!! Against a man of God, What OF if this poor lady from Imo State sues the Pastor, she would probably win, anyway I hope she does not? lipsrsealed

Why would she sue when she was paid by the church to say "shes a winch for Jesus" . Religion has been turned into a means of achieving selfish goals for different people in Nigeria. so called christians use it as a means of making money while muslims use it as a tool for intimidation. < my two cents.
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by MrMechEng(m): 4:29pm On Dec 20, 2011
KnowAll:

Why would she sue when she was paid by the church to say "shes a winch for Jesus" . Religion has been turned into a means of achieving selfish goals for different people in Nigeria.  so called christians use it as a means of making money while muslims use it as a tool for intimidation. < my two cents.
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:37pm On Dec 20, 2011
The truth is the girl is well within her rights to sue for damages/compensation.

It is the Job of the Police to arrest and charge hi to court for assault.

Every Nigerian has the right to human Dignity and he humiliated her. PERIOD!
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 20, 2011
:-x :-x :-x :-x :-x
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by talktrue1(m): 5:19pm On Dec 20, 2011
why are people praying for someones downfall? people are jealous because the pastor is rich. If the members are not rich, how can the pastor be rich. Nobody ever borrowed to give offering or pay tithe in the church. So, the richer the members becomes, the higher their givings. If you dont like the church, dont attend and stop complaining. The members are getting blessed everyday and thats why the church is increasing

A proverb says: If u spare a child today, the child will spoil tomorrow. Remember in the bible when Jesus scattered the tables of the people selling inside the church.
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by kizito96(m): 5:21pm On Dec 20, 2011
This where America is greater than any other Country. Americans would not have taken this lightly.
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by switch47(m): 5:32pm On Dec 20, 2011
I have come to realize that most people who comment on this issue has no proper understanding of the situation, if the girl sues, i will personally join Oyedepo's team of Lawyers for free.
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by lifestyle1(m): 5:42pm On Dec 20, 2011
kizito96:

This where America is greater than any other Country. Americans would not have taken this lightly.

give me instances, undecided

many Nigerians have been murdered in your america and nothing reasonable was done about it, last week a 25 year old nigerian was shot dead in america nothing happen talk-less os ordinary slap,

@ poster if your papa slap you, shey u go sue am ?
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by untainted: 5:51pm On Dec 20, 2011
I believe the action of the so called man of God was despicable.
I personally will support if the girl decides to sue.

But the most interesting part is that his flock will "sow" to settle
whatever damages the court awards.

He has an unending war chest in his followers who worship him more
than they do God.
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by Moh2(m): 5:52pm On Dec 20, 2011
Wat really happen:pls gist me
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by doctokwus: 5:59pm On Dec 20, 2011
Would she b bold enough to come out,assuming she's still sane after d trauma,ostracisation& probable intimidation frm her accusers& d almighty proclaimer of heaven or hell.Remember d victim in d ABSU rape saga,as recent as d latter incident was,she has deliberately or otherwise refused to come out publicly,talkless of a two year history of intimidation,trauma& victimisation
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by Arosa(m): 6:09pm On Dec 20, 2011
I am a winch for Jesus.  grin grin grin I like that winch for acknowledging Jesus, its all good. but that slap was bad. angry
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by dayokanu(m): 6:19pm On Dec 20, 2011
Slapping a minor?
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by 9jafreak: 6:28pm On Dec 20, 2011
[size=18pt]What will you do to a Nation as sick in the HEAD as ours? A nation of on-lookers!

Broaden the Mass Way to Hell,
for there are many who find it.

Benjamin Franklin was right: "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain s.tupid."
[/size]
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by superstar1(m): 7:06pm On Dec 20, 2011
Kindly read up on witchcraft act of Europe and you will see that she got away lightly with a slap. she was not coerced to come out openly and declare herself a witch (to our best of knowledge). She should go to Oshodi and say same and you will see whether she will not be thanking God for a slap. This is Africa where we are very superstitious forget all those your right talks. If you have liver, just go to Mushin and say you are a witch and you want your right to be protected. You will need a lorry load of heavily armed SOLDIERS with aerial support to that.
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by lagcity(m): 7:33pm On Dec 20, 2011
If that poor lady sues Oyedepo, our naija christian zombies will track her down and probably kill her or burn down her apartment. don't underestimate christian zombies, they are like soldier ants who will sacrifice their lives to defend the queen.
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by kingsrod: 7:37pm On Dec 20, 2011
Since the video is public and the woman is uneducated, Police or women right activist are suppose to help and bring her case forward on assault and abuse, angry angry angry, those who think what he did was good, i can say ur education did not pay well becos u are still getting deceived by pastors who careless about your well beings beyond their church premises
Re: What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? by bashydemy(m): 7:41pm On Dec 20, 2011
Well in my own way of thinking, I believe all is a plan work.The girl was paid to come out and act but he forget the scene and how to act it and oyedepo get mad and slap the girl. is like someone paid to act like a blind man and when he get on stage he never act well, na paid job jor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Christianity Vs. Satanism / Death Of Church Members: How Does Your Church React? / Corruption In Nigeria: Even In Churches, Ushers Steal From Offerings – PFN Chief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.