Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,716 members, 7,805,948 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF (12187 Views)

A Great Speech By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (the CBN Governor) / CBN's Sanusi The Holy Mallam In A Romantic Romp (sizzling Photo) / Tafawa Balewa Was An Intelligent Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by hustla242: 10:42pm On Dec 20, 2011
Lagarde also gave a nod of approval to the economic team that has dared to deal with the political hot potato that is the oil subsidy removal.

“It is unpopular, but absolutely necessary and in the interest of the Nigerian economy,” said Sanusi, who Lagarde described as “the most intelligent man in the country.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/industries/imf-chief-warns-nigeria-that-europes-debt-crisis-could-affect-africas-most-populous-nation/2011/12/20/gIQAqy8b6O_story.html

Now, I'm not against Sanusi he's cleaned up the banking sector which was excellent. "The most intelligent man in country"? Inflation in double figures, Naira at record low, borrowing rates at record high?? Yes I not we're not a manufacturing economy blah blah blah, but under Sanusi the economy has actually worsened due to his stringent policies. Islamic banking during such a delicate period Intelligent C'mon!!!
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by realchange: 11:13pm On Dec 20, 2011
i dey laff.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by Parisgoodman(m): 11:17pm On Dec 20, 2011
most intelligent man in the banking sector.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by jmaine: 11:25pm On Dec 20, 2011
This one pass Pasuma and kwam 1 Fuji praising session  grin . . .   
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by Akanbiedu(m): 11:30pm On Dec 20, 2011
Reminds me of my position on Sanusi, long time ago.

He is one of the most intelligent Nigerians alive. no doubt about that.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by doctokwus: 11:34pm On Dec 20, 2011
He is not jst d most intelligent,but is d arch angel after Okonjo who is a demi god.I dnt blame d IMF,when they see d things that happen in dis country,they probably guess we are all fools for putting our destinies in d likes of islamic banking proponents like Sanusi,& fuel subsidy to go or d nation collapses Okonjo
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by realchange: 11:35pm On Dec 20, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

if you agree with IMF, you are elevated to "intelligence", try disagreeing with them and see what happens
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by Akanbiedu(m): 11:46pm On Dec 20, 2011
realchange:

if you agree with IMF, you are elevated to "intelligence", try disagreeing with them and see what happens

My opinion is independent of IMF's position on him. I expressed this opinion about Sanusi long time ago on the NL.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by hustla242: 11:48pm On Dec 20, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

I actually thought you were being sarcastic, please explain your rationale, again
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by ShangoThor(m): 12:01am On Dec 21, 2011
Even though I accept SLS is very intelligent, and I am of the opinion that a Fashola/SLS team or vice versa would be more than capable of transforming Nigeria beyond recognition, however, I do have my reservations about his stance on a secular constitution.

It is impossible to be pro-Sharia and pro-secularism simultaneously.

Furthermore I would also like to know about his stance on the emergence of Boko Haram and their perpetration of violence. IMHO, he has made very few public utterances about this issue, unless someone on NL can further enlighten me about this issue if they have contrary information.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by Akanbiedu(m): 12:06am On Dec 21, 2011
ShangoThor:

Even though I accept SLS is very intelligent, and I am of the opinion that a Fashola/SLS team or vice versa would be more than capable of transforming Nigeria beyond recognition, however, I do have my reservations about his stance on a secular constitution.

It is impossible to be pro-Sharia and pro-secularism simultaneously.

Furthermore I would also like to know about his stance on the emergence of Boko Haram and their perpetration of violence. IMHO, he has made very few public utterances about this issue, unless someone on NL can further enlighten me about this issue if they have contrary information.

Do you seriously expect him to comment bout Boko haram? You are joking, right?
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by VoodooDoll(m): 12:15am On Dec 21, 2011
Lagarde merely said that to massage his ego.

We don't need IMF to tell us which Nigerian is intelligent and who is not. To get to where GEJ,SLS and co reach needs intelligence but it is the paucity of intelligent actions is what is killing Nigeria.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by BIGERBOY1: 12:24am On Dec 21, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

I wonder o. Some pple sef. Even without the IMF, u can't doubt the intelligence of the guy.
hustla242:

Lagarde also gave a nod of approval to the economic team that has dared to deal with the political hot potato that is the oil subsidy removal.

“It is unpopular, but absolutely necessary and in the interest of the Nigerian economy,” said Sanusi, who Lagarde described as “the most intelligent man in the country.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/industries/imf-chief-warns-nigeria-that-europes-debt-crisis-could-affect-africas-most-populous-nation/2011/12/20/gIQAqy8b6O_story.html

Now, I'm not against Sanusi he's cleaned up the banking sector which was excellent. "The most intelligent man in country"? Inflation in double figures, Naira at record low, borrowingi rates at record high?? Yes I not we're not a manufacturing economy blah blah blah, but under Sanusi the economy has actually worsened due to his stringent policies. Islamic banking during such a delicate period Intelligent C'mon!!!

Guy u know Nigeria is not a tree standing alone in a plain desert, we r rather a tree in a jungle. The global economy is slumping and Nigeria unlike china is a net importer, and we have our reserves in dollars. So do u see the link to the worsen economy and wobbling currency? We r lucky to have a hardcore risk manager at the cbn at this particular point time.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by ShangoThor(m): 12:36am On Dec 21, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

No I am not joking and this is a salient point (which I hope NL'ers would be capable of debating in a mature manner).

We have to go back into history to understand how Secularism evolved and why?

The problem is that in a pluralistic country such as ours the moment the Secular nature of the Constitution is compromised and a particular group or religion is allowed to assert or interject its principles into the sphere of the Constitution, then there will always be  a possibility for certain groups or elements within that religion to overzelously assert that the principles observerd are not devout enough and hence the situation (status quo) has to be changed by revolution or violent struggle.

Secondly, SLS represents a Northern intellectual Muslim  who is both educated in Islamic Studies and Economics- (I might be wrong), which Boko Haramites misconstrue as Western education, hence actually condemning their ideology is extremely pertinent.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by Nobody: 12:40am On Dec 21, 2011
BIGER BOY:

I wonder o. Some pple sef. Even without the IMF, u can't doubt the intelligence of the guy.
Guy u know Nigeria is not a tree standing alone in a plain desert, we r rather a tree in a jungle. The global economy is slumping and Nigeria unlike china is a net importer, and we have our reserves in dollars. So do u see the link to the worsen economy and wobbling currency? We r lucky to have a hardcore risk manager at the cbn at this particular point time.

abi tell am y dint she say Ngozi! the guy too much, and he is an economist not a politician. dont worry if he decides to run for public office you can ask him all that.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by koruji(m): 1:06am On Dec 21, 2011
I hope neither Sanusi nor anybody around here is jumping around for joy.

For Sanusi, IMF is merely buttering you up for your "next assignment".

For everybody else, that foolish woman just insulted the entire nation.

Sanusi is certainly intelligent, but there are far more intelligent people in Nigeria than Sanusi & Lagarde combined.

Largade also needs to tell us who is more intelligent between Sanusi & herself.

hustla242:

Now, I'm not against Sanusi he's cleaned up the banking sector which was excellent. "The most intelligent man in country"? Inflation in double figures, Naira at record low, borrowingi rates at record high?? Yes I not we're not a manufacturing economy blah blah blah, but under Sanusi the economy has actually worsened due to his stringent policies. Islamic banking during such a delicate period Intelligent C'mon!!!
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by Nobody: 1:22am On Dec 21, 2011
ShangoThor:

No I am not joking and this is a salient point (which I hope NL'ers would be capable of debating in a mature manner).

We have to go back into history to understand how Secularism evolved and why?

The problem is that in a pluralistic country such as ours the moment the Secular nature of the Constitution is compromised and a particular group or religion is allowed to assert or interject its principles into the sphere of the Constitution, then there will always be  a possibility for certain groups or elements within that religion to overzelously assert that the principles observerd are not devout enough and hence the situation (status quo) has to be changed by revolution or violent struggle.

Secondly, SLS represents a Northern intellectual Muslim  who is both educated in Islamic Studies and Economics- (I might be wrong), which Boko Haramites misconstrue as Western education, hence actually condemning their ideology is extremely pertinent.
For your first point Nigeria is not going to be the first secular country on earth to practice Islamic banking.The Vatican, center of Catholic Christianity, said banks should look at the rules of Islamic finance to restore confidence amongst their clients at a time of global economic crisis. This news came out in no less an authoritative outlet than the Vatican’s official newspaper L’Osservatore Romano.
In the 5th March 2009 issue of the paper, author Loretta Napoleoni and Abaxbank Spa fixed income strategist, Claudia Segre, said that “The ethical principles on which Islamic finance is based may bring banks closer to their clients and to the true spirit which should mark every financial service.” They suggested “Western banks could use tools such as the Islamic bonds, known as sukuk, as collateral”, adding that sukuk may be used to fund the “car industry or the next Olympic Games in London.”
check out this, and hope you know that Bloomberg is one of the best source for financial info: link http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aOsOLE8uiNOg.

And secondly he is not a politician or the c-in-c, so he needs not get involved in politics.Point of correction his being the cbn gov is representing Nigeria and not just the Northern intellectual Muslim.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by Beaf: 1:25am On Dec 21, 2011
The man is not even intelligent.
He is more like someone applying hammer and nail where tact, finesse and sophistry are required.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by ShangoThor(m): 1:46am On Dec 21, 2011
ib55:

For your first point Nigeria is not going to be the first secular country on earth to practice Islamic banking.The Vatican, center of Catholic Christianity, said banks should look at the rules of Islamic finance to restore confidence amongst their clients at a time of global economic crisis. This news came out in no less an authoritative outlet than the Vatican’s official newspaper L’Osservatore Romano.
In the 5th March 2009 issue of the paper, author Loretta Napoleoni and Abaxbank Spa fixed income strategist, Claudia Segre, said that “The ethical principles on which Islamic finance is based may bring banks closer to their clients and to the true spirit which should mark every financial service.” They suggested “Western banks could use tools such as the Islamic bonds, known as sukuk, as collateral”, adding that sukuk may be used to fund the “car industry or the next Olympic Games in London.”
check out this, and hope you know that Bloomberg is one of the best source for financial info: link http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aOsOLE8uiNOg.

And secondly he is not a politician or the c-in-c, so he needs not get involved in politics.Point of correction his being the cbn gov is representing Nigeria and not just the Northern intellectual Muslim.

Firstly, my arguments are political by nature and nowhere have I mentioned anything about Islamic Banking. Read my statements again.

Secondly, SLS is a Political and Religious commentator, and a Political writer that has churned out a vast amount of writings pertaining to discourses related to Political History and Outcomes within the Polity, it was within this context that my arguments were based.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by Nobody: 2:18am On Dec 21, 2011
ShangoThor:

Firstly, my arguments are political by nature and nowhere have I mentioned anything about Islamic Banking. Read my statements again.

Secondly, SLS is a Political and Religious commentator, and a Political writer that has churned out a vast amount of writings pertaining to discourses related to Political History and Outcomes within the Polity, it was within this context that my arguments were based.
I rest my case then, cos i dont view him as a political or religious commentator, but the cbn gov and an economist. i cant seem to understand what impact his talking about the boko haram issue will have on the Nigerian economy. I stand to be corrected but i have never heard Ben Bernanke comment on Americas war on terrorism.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by ShangoThor(m): 2:39am On Dec 21, 2011
I believe that I made the context of my arguments clear.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by Onlytruth(m): 3:52am On Dec 21, 2011
Beaf:

The man is not even intelligent.
He is more like someone applying hammer and nail where tact, finesse and sophistry are required.

I was just thinking exactly the same thing!
[b]ShangoThor [/b]the great, I'm a little disappointed in your assessment of this man.

Yes, he did some good works at CBN, but I believe he killed a lot of flies with lots of sledge hammers.
To me, he is responsible for Nigeria's inability to take her place as THE giant of Africa economically.

His economic scoping/envisioning for Nigeria is somewhat stunted.  undecided
Given the amount of money we have been making from oil, he set us back (or stopped our forward march) by many years.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by ShangoThor(m): 4:08am On Dec 21, 2011
Onlytruth:

I was just thinking exactly the same thing!
[b]ShangoThor [/b]the great, I'm a little disappointed in your assessment of this man.

Yes, he did some good works at CBN, but I believe he killed a lot of flies with lots of sledge hammers.
To me, he is responsible for Nigeria's inability to take her place as THE giant of Africa economically.

His economic scoping/envisioning for Nigeria is somewhat stunted.  undecided
Given the amount of money we have been making from oil, he set us back (or stopped our forward march) by many years.

Hey onlyTruth, I'm just being honest. I beleive SLS to be intelligent, and honest in general, but I believe his Politics to be religiously biased.

Nevertheless, I believe he would be the best Northern candidate for President the North could ever gift this nation IF we make it past 2015 A.D.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by ektbear: 4:55am On Dec 21, 2011
The only thing a statement like this does is to make Lagarde look ridiculous.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by Onlytruth(m): 5:16am On Dec 21, 2011
ShangoThor:

Hey onlyTruth, I'm just being honest. I beleive SLS to be intelligent, and honest in general, but I believe his Politics to be religiously biased.

Nevertheless, I believe he would be the best Northern candidate for President the North could ever gift this nation IF we make it past 2015 A.D.

One of the biggest problems Northern Nigerian presidents bring along with them is the inability to think free of religion.
I wonder how other Muslim nations (such as Turkey and a more notorious one Pakistan) are able to develop technologically, while our own Muslims do the opposite. To me, picking a Northern Nigerian president that can think outside of religion is like finding that needle in a haystack. Quite sad.

The moment Sanusi failed to scale that religion barrier, he failed my own test. A great leader can still be a Godly man without forcing his personal religion on the whole country.
BTW, when is Nigerian launching her first home made submarine and home developed air defense systems?
If you can show me a Northerner who can think like that, he is my candidate.

Other third world countries are doing it now; when will Nigeria start?
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by hercules07: 5:25am On Dec 21, 2011
Sanusi is extremely intelligent, all you need to do is look at his writings and his career, we do not need an agent of doom like that woman to tell us what we already know. The people here attacking him are the usual suspects who can not stand an aboki being enlightened, as per his stance on boko haram and the rest, you need to just read his articles and you will see where he has taken on a lot of Muslim scholars in the north, the man is a muslim, he believes it is part of his person, but, he does not allow that to interfere in his professional life. I find it funny that we christians are talking about a muslim who is deeply religious when our president and the senate president can never make a speech without resorting to their own religion, we all need to know that Nigerians are religious by nature, even when they are fornicating they will still be calling Jesus or Allah or Sango.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by Lasinoh: 6:22am On Dec 21, 2011
I always knew Northerners were more intelligent than we 'country' Southerners.
Lord Lugard/The British were right.
Now Largarde?

The return of Lord Lugard.
Jehavoh bu Eze! kiss
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by mbulela: 7:51am On Dec 21, 2011
Sanusi’s ‘Mansion’
I know that the seat of the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is one of the hottest in the land, but Malam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi may soon need a coolant. Recently, a message was being circulated about him in the social media that he bought and paid N1 billion for a property beside his official residence in Abuja “to use for a garden”. He had started pulling down the house, it was alleged, even though the tenants still had their rents running. I was touched by the plight of the luckless tenants and angered by Sanusi’s “greed” when I read the message. Alas, it turned out that the owner put his two houses for sale; former CBN governor, Professor Chukwuma Soludo, approved that the apex bank should buy and develop them as part of the official residence of the governor; and CBN paid N700 million for both. The former owner promised that one house would be vacant in September and the other in December. And, guess what, CBN was not pulling down any house or ejecting any tenant. This thing called social media needs reform!
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by hustla242: 8:50am On Dec 21, 2011
BIGER BOY:

I don't expect him to comment on Boko Haram at all, but you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know it's not the best time to push Islamic banking. Word is that the presidency told him to cool it a bit for now. We are not the only net importer in the world, that's not enough to explain that we are worse off than 10 years ago- when we're actually making more money

SLS is an excellent risk manager, but his policies are so rigid, and he's so strong minded- I don't think he takes other peoples opinion on board.
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by kokoA(m): 9:07am On Dec 21, 2011
The woman don begin trip for the fine man so soon? shocked shocked Expect another IMF scandal soon grin
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by emmke(m): 9:41am On Dec 21, 2011
tell me something i dont know. The future nigerian intellectuals are in the north. Watch this space. Hahahà
Re: Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF by Ymodulus: 9:45am On Dec 21, 2011
Oya oga Jarus come prove your model

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pre-biafra War: Obafemi Awolowo’s Speech To Western Nigeria Leaders Of Thought / 2019: Buhari Presidential Ambition Speculative – APC / Dr Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah Is 47 Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.