Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland (17786 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Family / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife Arrive Benin City In Their Private Jet (Photos) / Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 21, 2011
wisdom is profitable to direct, IGNORE THIS DUMMIES,why?

The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned  ,1 cor 2:14
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by logica(m): 10:05pm On Dec 21, 2011
cicero:

Do you think you can see? What makes him a conman? has he conned you of anything? Has he violated you or any of your family members. . .a man you will never make the kind of positive impact he has made in Nigeria even if you live up to 70 years.

Did Anini rob you? Did Anini rob or kill anybody in your family? Why then do you call Anini an armed robber? *light-bulb* Your logic is anemic. Can you also tell me the positive impact he's had? I have no plans to be a con-man but as mugus plenty for this country, my "positive impact" would've been colossal.

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by cicero(m): 10:23pm On Dec 21, 2011
Are you accusing me of calling anini an armed robber? Did I call anini an armed robber? What do you know about logic?
I can't reel out to you the positive impact Bishop Oyedepo has had in Nigeria because I don't throw pearls to swines, I share such beautiful stories with people who are appreciative of good things.

Now don't get offended because of his wealth, it is very easy to become wealthy by applying biblical principles, your physical senses that you rely solely on cannot grasp this truth. The man has said it over and again that God called him to make people rich, is it not normal that he should be wealthy?
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by logica(m): 10:46pm On Dec 21, 2011
cicero:

Are you accusing me of calling anini an armed robber? Did I call anini an armed robber? What do you know about logic?
LMAO. I find you quite amusing I have to confess. But then, I know enough about logic to know you need to get shots of logic administered through a syringe.

cicero:

Now don't get offended because of his wealth, it is very easy to become wealthy by applying biblical principles, your physical senses that you rely solely on cannot grasp this truth. The man has said it over and again that God called him to make people rich, is it not normal that he should be wealthy?
You see, I think it's poverty that makes people like you crave wealth so much that you then fall for the scam going on in the "church" today. The message of Jesus has nothing to do with acquiring wealth on this earth, but since you are so lacking in logic you can't figure what's in plain sight in the Bible.

I do not crave "wealth" like the type you crave; knowledge is my wealth. And if through that knowledge I somehow have the kind of wealth you all crave, then so be it, after all your man is definitely "wealthier" than Einstein in your eyes, but in mine he's a pauper next to Einstein. I take no offense over the man's wealth as it's none of my business if there are willing victims. But then I can also send messages towards anybody who thinks it is his business to tell me how to live my life. That you should allow to sink into your head.

But you know as they say, "you can only scam a greedy person". It's only a greedy person that will buy the tall tales all in the hope of getting wealthy.

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by assetstrap(m): 10:48pm On Dec 21, 2011
@Cicero go siddon somewhere a beg
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Mikkysuccess: 10:55pm On Dec 21, 2011
Even if as a result of our loyalties or bible passage which states 'touch nt my anointin, ' we are afraid of saying d truth, but God wl come and judge all men. And to the man who said someone cannot make an impact even if he live for 70yrs, who are u to place limitation on a man created by God? Are all men of God consider to be powerful today were nt once children? Mr, what i can see here is dat nairalanders are great ppl so u can only restrict ur own success.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Chichilas: 11:17pm On Dec 21, 2011
@nimma,

Forget about what the government of Nigeria is doing. Oyedipo is a member of the church of God, he should be a reflection of what christainity is all about, I find it sad that he is an extremely materialistic individual, owning private jets and fleets of cars, what differentiates him for a politician or a drug lord.

There are so many homeless and sick people who need the help of the church, a true pastor does not need to confront a witch with a slap, having watched the video, I can only conclude that he was ashamed and humiliated by the words of the lady in question and did not know how best to react. He is just as canal as the rest of us else, he should have delivered her. He should watch TB Joshua delivering witches, then he would know that he has made a complete fool out of himself.

His university is one of the most expensive in the country, even with millions every Sunday from offering collection, they still feel the need to make their universities only for the very rich and corrupt in Nigeria. Further to the above, Nigerians are the most gullible people on earth. Considering the extreme poverty and illiteracy in the country, I am not surprised. This is a country people run to the pastor for something as simple as headache which good panadol should effectively cure.

Pastors are made to look like demi gods and as a result, play on the intelligence of Nigerians in General. A church is suppose to be a place of sanctity, not a business of printing press, daily devotional books, universities, hospitals and the likes. They go to great lengths to ensure their relatives are in charge of all this businesses to ensure that it is passed to the next generation even if those relatives are as canal as wood.

Nigerians, please wake up. Go to church to serve God, not any pastor. Poverty and illiteracy is such a huge problem. Churches are empty in developed worlds because witch hunting do not exist, illnesses exist but proper health care also exist and drugs work.

The time of this pastors will come.

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by matrixme(m): 11:19pm On Dec 21, 2011
I'm forced to say what has been on my mind here at this post. I have been an avid follower of Nairaland Forum, not to comment most of the time, but to read and reason. I sometimes get emotional at the intellectual capacity of Nigerians that comment in this web portal, howbeit to hurl insults at each other mostly. These are the knowledge locked up within us that we could harness at useful ventures to move our country forward. I have seen military, educational, administrative and a myraid of other skills expressed through the words used to comment within topics. When we stop being reactionary and stereotype over sensitive issues, then we can watch our country arise towards greatness in no time. I'm so sorry my post is out of context. God bless Nigeria!
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 21, 2011
omo_to_dun:

@stede and Niceyenuf

You cretins are part of Nigeria's problem. How you came to the conclusion that someone who took the time to write a thoughtful response did so because he is jobless not only shows your level of thinking but also paints you as insufferable fools. When someone posts a comment, you either ignore it or you show, by ratiocination, lapses in his or her response. You idiots probably squirmed when you were assigned a few pages to read in college, if you ever attended one.

dare2think:

Lol @ lesbian boy,

I actually copied and pasted it from another poster's post.

I copied it because I agree with the content.

@nycenuf

I guess your silly eyes missed the author since you can't be bothered to read it, yet you can comment on my joblessness.

Typical  ignorant behaviour.
Well, ain't I surprised I get to be insulted. How does writing such a long story on Nairaland help solve Nigeria's problem. Every sane person will agree that writing such a long note is pure joblessness cos it won't change anything or anybody. How many pple read everything sef. Did u? Well only jobless pple would read it too. Concerning the name written under, how was I supposed to know that daretothink is not Segun Fakoya, or is daretothink your birthname. Even if u did not write it, U read it, agreed with and u took the effort of copying and pasting it. That is still joblessness. I presume u are an old man so look for something better to do. Well I am a student and i'll have u know that by the grace of God i'm doing very well in school (I love books and reading). God has made me one of the best among my peers. To Him alone be all the Glory. Waves of Glory shall continue till I graduate next year. (Amen). Pleas put the I in Niceyenuf. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 21, 2011
But seriously? Why did you have to insult only me? Lesbianboy and I said you were jobless. Y yab me? Plus I am not silly, neither are my eyes. Bully!
dare2think:

Lol @ lesbian boy,

I actually copied and pasted it from another poster's post.

I copied it because I agree with the content.

@nycenuf

I guess your silly eyes missed the author since you can't be bothered to read it, yet you can comment on my joblessness.

Typical ignorant behaviour.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by mulumele(m): 11:40pm On Dec 21, 2011
One of the evils being perpetrated in this country is the inability to acknowledge and appreciate success and achievements. We are extremely negative and pessimistic.
Are we saying that nature is so unfair and unkind to Nigeria to the extent that we don't have few contemporary leaders (spiritual/secular) that are commendable?
I believe a man like Bishop David Oyedepo should be celebrated rather than being hounded.With all those landmark achievements; this man commands respect outside Nigeria more than most of the so called African leaders. Progressive countries don't persecute their generals.
The haters should take time to investigate how much this man has advanced the course of mankind.  
Does the Bishop go about slapping and harassing innocent people? I don't think so.
The society has degenerated to the extent that even witches are so free to say whatever they like in the name of fundamental human (witches?) right.
The slaps and blows we receive from the politicians today are unprecedented anywhere in the world, resources are being unfairly shared, lives and destinies are being wasted; while we find it difficult to rise up to challenge these pilferers effectively,we waste Nairaland pages discussing how to deal with a bishop for slapping a witch.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:46pm On Dec 21, 2011

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 11:48pm On Dec 21, 2011
Hehehe
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 21, 2011
mulumele:

One of the evils being perpetrated in this country is the inability to acknowledge and appreciate success and achievements. We are extremely negative and pessimistic.
Are we saying that nature is so unfair and unkind to Nigeria to the extent that we don't have few contemporary leaders (spiritual/secular) that are commendable?
I believe a man like Bishop David Oyedepo should be celebrated rather than being hounded.With all those landmark achievements; this man commands respect outside Nigeria more than most of the so called African leaders. Progressive countries don't persecute their generals.
The haters should take time to investigate how much this man has advanced the course of mankind.  
Does the Bishop go about slapping and harassing innocent people? I don't think so.
The society has degenerated to the extent that even witches are so free to say whatever they like in the name of fundamental human (witches?) right.
The slaps and blows we receive from the politicians today are unprecedented anywhere in the world, resources are being unfairly shared, lives and destinies are being wasted; while we find it difficult to rise up to challenge these pilferers effectively,we waste Nairaland pages discussing how to deal with a bishop for slapping a witch.    
You are so right. Thank you for that. I think we need more people like you not only in Nairaland but in Nigeria as a whole. You just hit d nail on the head. God bless you.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by logica(m): 11:55pm On Dec 21, 2011
mulumele:

Dude, did you notice the same politicians have front row seats in churches, or are you blind? Why is your bishop not dealing them slaps after all they come to him for blessing? Have you not pointed out that they are worse than witches? Why leave them and attack witches?

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Mojibola(m): 11:56pm On Dec 21, 2011
that is one beautiful piece of writing, i am very impressed. I'm not saying what the Pastor did was right oo,
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:57pm On Dec 21, 2011
omo_to_dun:

You are an [i]i[/i]mbecile. He was simply applying your method of thinking to an hypothetical and valid case, thereby showing its illogicality. Cretins and idiots like you should shut up when adults are conversing; don't even bother to raise your hand when you have a question because it will undoubtedly be an inane one which no one will be fain to answer.
Please don't you know more than insulting people here? Insulting people will not make them accept your view, rather, you are portraying a bad image of yourself. Everybody can call another person a cretin or an  idiot but how many people write things that make sense that other people can relate to or ponder on. Its just a suggestion which u can take or rather despise and still type insults. The choice is yours. but really will u be able to stand up to or even face the pple u are calling names when u see them?
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by logica(m): 12:03am On Dec 22, 2011
Niceyenuf:

Please don't you know more than insulting people here?
Wait a minute. Were you not the person that called a person "jobless" a few posts back? Is that an insult or not? Anyway I am not surprised; I have noticed religion dulls people's logic. When your logical acumen becomes too weak, you find yourself accusing people of doing THE SAME things you do. You end up being a hypocrite. It's the same reason all types of criminals file into churches and take front row seats without a feeling of discomfort: because whatever is being said in the church does not apply to them; it only applies to others.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Chichilas: 12:06am On Dec 22, 2011
@mululeme, that's your opinion, people outside the country do not know what churches do in Nigeria, lets speak the truth and stop talking in the name of christainity, the same christainity that is being used to con the gullible.

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by gohome: 12:24am On Dec 22, 2011
By Michael Irene
Editor’s note: This guest post is written by Michael O. Irene, he is working on his first piece of fiction, The Judging Seeds. Currently, he is enrolled for a PHD in Creative Writing at Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge.

Millions listen to him. Millions attend his church. Millions revere him. Millions obey his every word. Millions see him as the holy one.He is pure. His ways are excellently woven by the Almighty. If he is wrong, some see it as right and if he is right, some see it as wrong. What is wrong in the eyes of the realist might be right in the eyes of a drunken few.

So it happened that some people dug up an old fact about this Holy one. What happened? In 2009, a witch flew to the front of the Holy man’s altar. The witch was looking for ways to stop flying. She wanted to walk like normal humans and behave as normal humans do. She confessed that she loved flying and that she was a magician. She was young. Her magic, according to her, was for good. She was fierce in her revelation. Her truth was cut short by a good doze of hot slap by the man of God. The audience wowed in delight at the act of the Holy man. No one talked about his actions. A man of God was righteous in all his ways. Therefore, if he slapped, abused, or cuts the wings of a flying human, it was right. God gave certain individuals the right to slap.

Also, may I draw your attention to the place where they wear white uniforms and walk barefooted? They cure flying powers with the use of brooms, coloured candles and hot spitting (speaking) of foreign tongues. Barbaric acts are allowed. Just do it in the name of something. They can exorcise with generous whips of strong brooms and hard wood. They can peel the back of an individual who claimed to have powers from the world of the unknown. It is a sin to be a dark angel but it is a very bright idea to cure the darkness with brutality. Do it in the name.

What are the features of the flying young woman? What would make her fly to the front of the altar to seek advice? Was she lured by certain individuals? Did she do it to challenge the powers of the holy one? Could it be that she was lured by hunger, lack of education, lack of shelter, or even mere religious boredom? How did she become a “winch”? The holy man flies too but it is not done in a mystical way. His flight is done via expensive private birds. His, is an expensive hobby. Which is sin? Flying naturally or technologically? At the end of the day, flying is done by both parties. So, there is a common feature between the slapped and the slapper—flight.

Again, the girl confirmed it. She was a “winch” for the son of God and a messenger from heaven. But the holy one saw it as a dark means. There was no need to question her claim. Her claim was taken to be a very bad one. It cannot be researched or even talked about in public places. On the other hand, the preacher man is also a messenger of God. He carries out his own job through an autocratic means. His, is the light. He has the holy whip to treat dark individuals the way he deems fit. He can even boast about it. Even if he wants to bring an assault rifle to church he is allowed. Yet again, there is a common feature here—they are both messengers.

The following attended the service: “holy ones”, fornicators, armed robbers, adulterers, idol worshippers and a host of other evil doers. These individuals are not bold enough to confess their dark sides. They sit and watch the Holy man cure evil with evil. Who is the devil? Who is the sinner? When did man become the eyes, mouth and hand of God? The fact that the young girl sought advice about her ways was evil and the fact that former governors have contributed to the Holy man’s ministry with stolen money is evil. Who judges?

Centuries ago, some individuals embarked on a long journey. They stumbled on a precious land filled with resources. They found out that the resources on the land would make their queen rich. So, they brought their book and told us that our culture was bad. That what we practised would make us remain in the dark for a very long time. They read from the book and it sounded like sweet music. We listened to the magic. We got hooked and they said, “Let us pray”. While we prayed, they went to our backyards and stole from us. They forgot their book. Then some people began to read the book. They read until the words began to confuse them. Individuals read the book from the back to the front, front to back, middle to front to back and some read few lines. After reading, they saw the light! They found out that the book had magical powers to fill pockets and attract people blindly. Then they began to use it like the individuals who left the book. After that, any individual who didn’t follow the new book was termed to be a sinner.

Preacher man is just a human being. What if the young girl was his daughter? Would he abuse the girl publicly? Preacher man has committed a sin. Should we wait till the end of the time before he can be brought to book?

Everywhere is dotted with synagogues and churches. They have preachers who are Holy men and who know the colours of hell. They are friends to politicians and that makes them above the law. People know about their sins but are too scared to talk about them. Alas! A strange thunder might strike them with dumbness or blindness.

A simple statement was made by one hell of a devil: “If you dey follow follow, make you open sense, open eye, open ear, open mouth.” I learned this from the book that was left behind by the journey man: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by dare2think: 12:28am On Dec 22, 2011
Niceyenuf,

You started the insults first and now you are claiming the victim when you got a reply.

I'll swallow my Pride and apologise [/b]to you for what I said.

Friends?

I copied and pasted the text because I agree with the contents, you are free to disagree with it as you have the [b]freedom [/b]to choose what you want to believe.

But I ask you, where was the [b]freedom [/b]accorded to the poor girl before she was slapped? She was trying to explain herself but was cut down and condemned. Her human right trampled upon as though she is  [b]worthless [/b]and her [b]dignity [/b]shattered in front of thousands.

Put yourself in her shoes, you make a statement  relating to your understanding and instead of people giving you the opportunity to explain yourself, you get shouted upon and slapped. It is called  physical abuse.

As a woman I am hoping you will understand the implications of such a slap. Several women go through domestic abuse from there husbands/boyfriends and am pretty sure you will know someone whose man treats her like a [b]punching bag
. I'm sure you detest it. What that Charlatan did is not different from that.

Hitting a defenceless young girl is an act of cowardice and if you cant stand up for your fellow woman, I pray you never witness a similar fate in which your dignity gets taken away from you and you cant do anything about it because the perpetrator is a Man of God.

Apologies again.

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 22, 2011
logica:

Wait a minute. Were you not the person that called a person "jobless" a few posts back? Is that an insult or not? Anyway I am not surprised; I have noticed religion dulls people's logic. When your logical acumen becomes too weak, you find yourself accusing people of doing THE SAME things you do. You end up being a hypocrite. It's the same reason all types of criminals file into churches and take front row seats without a feeling of discomfort: because whatever is being said in the church does not apply to them; it only applies to others.
His joblessness which in a totally wrong direction is a fact which can be attested to by us all. Saying someone is stupid, a cretin or an idiot is not a fact. Escpecially when the insult comes as a defence of yourself and u really have nothing to say or rather nothing meaningful to add to the body of knowledge. "prodgect things" (lol).
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by gohome: 12:35am On Dec 22, 2011
Niceyenuf:

[b]His joblessness [/b]which in a totally wrong direction is a fact which can be attested to by us all. Saying someone is silly, a cretin or an is not a fact. Escpecially when the insult comes as a defence of yourself and u really have nothing to say or rather nothing meaningful to add to the body of knowledge. "prodgect things" (lol).

What if writhing is his hobby?

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by logica(m): 12:35am On Dec 22, 2011
Niceyenuf:

Saying someone is silly, a cretin or an  is not a fact.
Are you sure it can't be a fact? There are indeed cretins. I know a few. So if I call a cretin, by his name, what say you?

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 22, 2011
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:39am On Dec 22, 2011
dare2think:

Niceyenuf,

You started the insults first and now you are claiming the victim when you got a reply.

I'll swallow my Pride and apologise [/b]to you for what I said.

Friends?

I copied and pasted the text because I agree with the contents, you are free to disagree with it as you have the freedom to choose what want to believe.

But I ask you, where was the [b]freedom [/b]accorded to the poor girl before she was slapped? She was trying to explain herself but was cut down and condemned. Her human right trampled upon as though she is  worthless and her dignity shattered in front of thousands.

Put yourself in her shoes, you made a statement in accordance to your understanding and rather giving you the opportunity to explain youself you were shouted upon and slapped. It is called a physical abuse

As a woman I am hoping you will understand the implications of such a slap. Several women go through domestic abuse from there husbands/boyfriends and am pretty sure you will know someone whose man treats her like a [b]punching bag
. I'm sure you detest it. What that Charlatan did is not different from that.

Hitting a defenceless young girl is an act of cowardice and if you cant stand up for your fellow woman, I pray you never witness a similar fate in which your dignity get taken from you and you cant do anything because the perpetrator is a Man of God.

Apologies again.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww. You are so nice. One of the nicest people I've ever met on Nairaland. Thanks 4 apologizing. I also apologize for calling u jobless. Guess I should respect your choices and your opinions. Well bishop Oyedepo is my mentor and you don't like him. That doesn't make us enemies. Cos believe or not I prayed for you once. Well, I'll be praying more now. Are u kidding? Are we frendz? You are my best internet friend. Thanks for swallowing your pride and thanks for allowing us differ and still be friends. I love you! and I mean it. God Bless!
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by dare2think: 12:47am On Dec 22, 2011
Niceyenuf:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww. You are so nice. One of the nicest people I've ever met on Nairaland. Thanks 4 apologizing. I also apologize for calling u jobless. Guess I should respect your choices and your opinions. Well bishop Oyedepo is my mentor and you don't like him. That doesn't make us enemies. Cos believe or not I prayed for you once. Well, I'll be praying more now. Are u kidding? Are we frendz? You are my best internet friend. Thanks for swallowing your pride and thanks for allowing us differ and still be friends. I love you! and I mean it. God Bless!

Lol.

My name is Dare and thanks for the prayer.

smiley
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by dare2think: 12:59am On Dec 22, 2011
Chichilas:

@nimma,

Forget about what the government of Nigeria is doing. Oyedipo is a member of the church of God, he should be a reflection of what christainity is all about, I find it sad that he is an extremely materialistic individual, owning private jets and fleets of cars, what differentiates him for a politician or a drug lord.

There are so many homeless and sick people who need the help of the church, a true pastor does not need to confront a witch with a slap, having watched the video, I can only conclude that he was ashamed and humiliated by the words of the lady in question and did not know how best to react. He is just as canal as the rest of us else, he should have delivered her. He should watch TB Joshua delivering witches, then he would know that he has made a complete fool out of himself.

His university is one of the most expensive in the country, even with millions every Sunday from offering collection, they still feel the need to make their universities only for the very rich and corrupt in Nigeria. Further to the above, Nigerians are the most gullible people on earth. Considering the extreme poverty and illiteracy in the country, I am not surprised. This is a country people run to the pastor for something as simple as headache which good panadol should effective cure.

Pastors are made to look like demi gods and as a result, play on the intelligence of Nigerians in General. A church is suppose to be a place of sanctity, not a business of printing press, daily devotional books, universities, hospitals and the likes. They go to great lengths to ensure their relatives are in charge of all this businesses to ensure that it is passed to the next generation even if those relatives are as canal as wood.

Nigerians, please wake up. Go to church to serve God, not any pastor. Poverty and illiteracy is such a huge problem. Churches are empty in developed worlds because witch hunting do not exist, illnesses exist but proper health care also exist and drugs work.

The time of this pastors will come.

Excellent Post.

Their Time will come Indeed.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:05am On Dec 22, 2011
Especially at Niceyenuf, if that occurence had happened in a place like the US or UK, you can bet that the MOG would be sued for battery! Cos that is exactly what it is. I appreciate the fact that he's your mentor and I also know that he is a trailblazer in the country and in fact the african continent. But truth be told, I don't think the video puts him in good light. Enough said, I just believe we should be objective and call a spade a spade. In my own humble opinion, there's no absolutely no justification for the SLAP! and I just wish this is not something shown to the entire world, otherwise the world would just see us as 'funny' people.[/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Jacupel: 1:49am On Dec 22, 2011
dare2think:

Lol.

My name is Dare and thanks for the prayer.

smiley
@dare2think and @niceyenuf, hmm nairaland love? this is jst like d romance novels i used to read back in d days. The two main characters will at first not agree on any thing. then suddenly, it becomes 'i love u'. wots nxt? d make-up s**?
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:49am On Dec 22, 2011
@ GOhome,

Nice piece, I took my time to read and reflect on your thoughts, and u know what, I TOTALLY AGREE WITH U, Religion has robbed alot of people of their ability to think for themselves, They let pastors and bishops think for them, what a shame, but as u know, we can only sit back and watch,

as long as u have knowledge u will survive, when others fall, !!!
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by kaxqua(m): 3:44am On Dec 22, 2011
Shaking my head for quite a number of you. seriously shaking my head

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

RCCG 2021 Holy Ghost Congress; The Siege Is Over! / Which Church Will You Advice A New Convert To Attend ? / TB Joshua Prophesied Colorado Cinema Shooting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.