Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Thread Locking On Nairaland Travel Section. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread Locking On Nairaland Travel Section. (1064 Views)

*~Temmytanny Voted Travel Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / *~ Vicjustice Voted Travel Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! / Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread Locking On Nairaland Travel Section. by alfablondy: 11:38am On Dec 21, 2011
I was reading a thread on working opportunities In SA started by dondav. I wanted to contribute and realised that after justwise comment the thread was locked from any further comment or modification. I was wondering was it because the op had open similar threads before and refuse to listen to advise giving to him? In my opinion i think other people do benefits from threads apart from the op, I have learnt a lot from comments on this forum and believe each thread is not for the benefit of the op alone. I dont think a thread should be locked without any cogent reason.
Re: Thread Locking On Nairaland Travel Section. by justwise(m): 11:52am On Dec 21, 2011
alfablondy:

I was reading a thread on working opportunities In SA started by dondav. I wanted to contribute and realised that after justwise comment the thread was locked from any further comment or modification. I was wondering was it because the op had open similar threads before and refuse to listen to advise giving to him? In my opinion i think other people do benefits from threads apart from the op, I have learnt a lot from comments on this forum and believe each thread is not for the benefit of the op alone. I dont think a thread should be locked without any cogent reason.

There has to be some sort of organisation here in travel section, the op has opened three threads all about South Africa.

Studying and working in South Africa https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-827755.0.html

Living in South Africa https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=823382.msg9749042#msg9749042

And now about South Africa again, does he even read and listen to advice given to him ?
Re: Thread Locking On Nairaland Travel Section. by Dondav(m): 12:55pm On Dec 21, 2011
@justwise, No offence taken! You can do and undo cos only you knows how to manage and organise this travel section! Thumbs up bro. Keep doing the good job!
Re: Thread Locking On Nairaland Travel Section. by dancewith: 9:05pm On Dec 21, 2011
@justwise,

I will advice that when some of these dumb comments arise, simply ignore them. They are only goading you and you must not banter to them
Re: Thread Locking On Nairaland Travel Section. by justwise(m): 11:14pm On Dec 21, 2011
dancewith:

@justwise,

I will advice that when some of these dumb comments arise, simply ignore them. They are only goading you and you must not banter to them

. . .advice noted, .
Re: Thread Locking On Nairaland Travel Section. by Busybody2(f): 12:05am On Dec 22, 2011
dancewith:

@justwise,

Err, excuse you So someone asking why a thread was locked is now dumb comments undecided You wan try how many moderators have been yanked off within weeks of being employed undecided Hmmm, pssssfffft.
Re: Thread Locking On Nairaland Travel Section. by alfablondy: 9:13am On Dec 22, 2011
alfablondy:

dancewith:

@justwise,

justwise:

. . .advice noted, .

Busy_body:

Err, excuse you So someone asking why a thread was locked is now dumb comments undecided You wan try how many moderators have been yanked off within weeks of being employed undecided Hmmm, pssssfffft.

Who is d dumb here I am a neutral person on this forum and will make comments based on my perceptions on issues and i welcome diverse or contrary opinions. I think some NairaLanders just want moderators to have a feeling that they are good or right thinking person. Na wa oo!

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Advice Pls / How Much Does It Takes To Travel From Lagos To Ghana / I Need Help/info About Kuwait

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.