Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? (1488 Views)

As A Webmaster, Can You Live Your Phone/laptop For 8hrs Without Being Online? / Google Adsense Running On My Wapka Site What Did You Think Webmaster / This Is The Only Way A Webmaster Can Make $10,000 Per Month On The Internet, Che (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by smartsoft(m): 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2007
can you imagine someone called me a FRAUDSTER because i was kidding to get N5,000 from him for .com.ng i was actaully kidding no i wanted to give him the url to the .com.ng thing because i said o boy pay 5k, the guy concluded that i'm a fraudster and he asked me about a shopping cart zend cart, which i can't even tell if he did ask because nobody has ever asked that from me, a webmaster in this forum humm who knows him YINKAOGUNKOYA please who ever knows him should tell him should stop that ooo eh make him no let me, !

I will leave him for God to judge him see as a matter of fact darwin technologies charges N2,500 so if i say i charge, it should been an offense but the guy is a webmaster friend which i think he diserve to be treated good so at the end of the discussion i gave him the URL even when a clients tells me i want a domain like that, i only tell the client it is free and it will take some weeks and also u must host with us and if he/she says know i might do the registration and i know a day will come back to me again, but for this young dude to call me a fraudster i don't understand that word hit me ! i don't like it
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by Afam(m): 3:58pm On Oct 02, 2007
@smartsoft,

You don't have to bother with such issues as the easiest way out for people that don't know what to say or do in certain situations is to resort to insults.

Dust the issue if you can even though in life it is always easy to advice others than to take advice.
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by smartsoft(m): 4:11pm On Oct 02, 2007
i belive you bro i didn't collect any money from him and he said i wanna rip him off, i don't remember having a chat with him on the shoping cart thing
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by webemerald(m): 4:27pm On Oct 02, 2007
Afam, i would have thought you would act mature and listen to the other side of the story before you pick sides, smartsoft is your guy, i can understand where ur allegiance lies.

i cannot start enumerating the loads of benefits ive enjoyed by being a part of this forum and it would be a shame for us to see it turned into a fraud haven. Smartsoft, business isnt always about money,its about integrity and honesty, money is important and we all need it it but you dont just start bringing money up each time someone comes up to you.this is the second time you would try to rip money off me when all i needed was a little help.
If members would read the conversation well, they would agree with me that you are wrong.

Also i wonder why seen will allow you post a conversation while he declined me posting, maybe seun is your friend as well.

Really there is nothing wrong in asking for money to register a domain but all i asked from you was a "link" to the website and you asked for 5000 to show me the link, i say it again that is fraudulent and you need to be cautioned.
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by skima(m): 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2007
Lets see the conversation and take a verdict!
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by skima(m): 4:41pm On Oct 02, 2007
@afam
** digression
i need to know if the cost of your inverters include or exclude batteries.

Also wanna know if u have solar panels.
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by smartsoft(m): 4:44pm On Oct 02, 2007
see forget about you saying seun is a friend or not, his everyone's friend bro don't be in a pity state. let peeps go back to the board and read the post well, i was just kidding before you turned everything upside down, and let me make this clear i can't recap we talking about a shopping cart and i demanded money from ya within a twinkle of an eye, you should put up the conversation here thats it, maybe it was someone else better think well
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by Afam(m): 4:56pm On Oct 02, 2007
webemerald:

Afam, i would have thought you would act mature and listen to the other side of the story before you pick sides, smartsoft is your guy, i can understand where your allegiance lies.

I don't need to listen to the other side of the story because he posted a chat session and in fact the one you posted wasn't as complete as his own yet you included your chat with his friend.

As for acting mature, I am not an actor, I am real and say my mind on any issue without sentiments.

Thanks for understanding where my allegiance lies.
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by Afam(m): 5:07pm On Oct 02, 2007
skima:

@afam
** digression
i need to know if the cost of your inverters include or exclude batteries.

The prices are for the inverters. If I included the cost of batteries in the prices then the batteries may be the ones that would pack up in 2 days.

skima:

Also want to know if u have solar panels.

Nope. They don't make economic sense to me considering the fact that even the poor state of power supply is enough to provide reliable backup systems.
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by webemerald(m): 5:08pm On Oct 02, 2007
Afam so what u are sayin in essence is u would also charge 5ooo for a link to a website,and latr say u were kidding, men i tire for you oh.

Youve not mentioned a thing about that, u keep talking about me googling and conversations.
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by Afam(m): 5:19pm On Oct 02, 2007
You don't direct my thought process just as I don't direct yours.

So stop bothering yourself with what I keep talking about, it's my choice and my right.

Focus on the correctness or otherwise of what I put down, not whether I should focus on one area and leave out another.
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by my2cents(m): 5:25pm On Oct 02, 2007
DISCLAIMER: I owe allegiance to no one on this forum

Now that I have made my position on the above known: cool

webemarald:
smartsoft could have charged you N10K if he wanted. Y? because he has the right to. On the other hand, you also have the right to find someone who will either charge you nothing or less than N10K. It's all about capitalism. At the end of the day, neither of you have anything to lose. No need to cry over spilled milk. No need raising your blood pressure thereby increasing your risk of a premature stroke/heart attack (which your family would immediately attribute to "air forces"wink. Here is a parable, if I may:

3 years ago when in naija, I wanted to take a taxi from Calabar to Uyo on xmas eve. The usual rate at the time was N500. Transport was scarce. Finally a taxi showed up but charged N1000. Was the driver fraudulent? I don't think so. Greedy? definitely. He was only taking advantage of the situation. Capitalism at its best. I had some choices: take the taxi, go back home or find another taxi. I really had to go and so I took it.

Scenario 2:
back when you had to pay N500 for a yahoo account, would you call those pple fraudulent? I hope not. Greedy? for sure. Again, they were taking advantage of a situation. Classical capitalism. Again, you had 2 choices: pay N500 or have someone abroad sign up for a free account for you.

Note I used "greedy" instead of "fraudulent". I don't think I would go as far as calling smartsoft fraudulent, at least without knowing the definition (as defined in a dictionary, and not based on how it sounds). Greedy maybe, but not fraudulent. I got my definitions from:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fraudulent

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/greedy

As always, my 2 cents.
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by webemerald(m): 5:40pm On Oct 02, 2007
my2cents
GREEDY, FRAUDULENT, whatever you choose to call it, are synonyms. you cannot find a GREEDY man who isnt FRAUDULENT neither can you find a FRAUDULENT man who is not GREEDY.

its thesame greedy spirit in some nigerians that has limited the potentials of this country.
The analogy you gave doesnt depict the scenario at hand.
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by my2cents(m): 6:05pm On Oct 02, 2007
webmemarald,

It does, but I guess we don't see eye-to-eye (hence my last paragraph, "As always, my 2 cents". Perfectly fine by me.

Regardless, I don't think the name-calling on either side is called for. I don't support smartsoft's post and I don't support your response. This should have remained, as it was until the post, a private matter.

I assume we are here to learn, and not to seek unnecessary arguments that, at the end of the day, doesn't benefit anyone.

by the way, if u scroll down to the bottom of the http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fraudulent page, you will note that under synonyms, "greedy" isn't listed wink

Again, as always wink, my 2 cents
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by smartsoft(m): 7:09pm On Oct 02, 2007
The problem is that is still telling me i gave him a link to a site, and this is the first time i'm seeing that link, his really taken me for someone else, like today i posted the chat we had together, why can't you just post the chat we had that day for the shopping cart wahala with that all that can be solved abeg make una beg am oo make him paste the chat, if not that means you are a big liar man, go wash your face with holy oil, after that can back here and tell us who gave you that link. i swear with my grandmother's grave, you i never give you a link to any shopping cart and we never discuss that !
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by Egavlas(m): 5:09am On Oct 03, 2007
webemerald:

Afam, i would have thought you would act mature and listen to the other side of the story before you pick sides, smartsoft is your guy, i can understand where your allegiance lies.

i cannot start enumerating the loads of benefits ive enjoyed by being a part of this forum and it would be a shame for us to see it turned into a fraud haven. Smartsoft, business isnt always about money,its about integrity and honesty, money is important and we all need it it but you don't just start bringing money up each time someone comes up to you.this is the second time you would try to rip money off me when all i needed was a little help.
If members would read the conversation well, they would agree with me that you are wrong.

Also i wonder why seen will allow you post a conversation while he declined me posting, maybe seun is your friend as well.

Really there is nothing wrong in asking for money to register a domain but all i asked from you was a "link" to the website and you asked for 5000 to show me the link, i say it again that is fraudulent and you need to be cautioned.

@Webemerald, you said its not the first time he is trying to rip money off you when in fact all you needed was *help*

Now who says he owes you any help? He may choose to charge you for any *help* rendered and that wont make him fraudulent.
Its his time and effort and more importantly *knowledge*

I read the other thread you posted your chat with him and I will probably copy and paste this reply to that as well.

Even if he wanted to sell the zend cart powered shopping cart to you, he has the right to, if he is the one who installed it and did any sort of customisation no matter how small.

Please , this is not an issue at all. For the link that he was supposed to give you, he says repeatedly that he was joking and even if he meant to ask you for money for the info, its still within his rights. Its a knowledge economy and whoever has the knowledge is at an advantage.

This is no issue. You are a webmaster as well as smartsoft and I dont want to believe(yet) that you are just trying to discredit a perceived competition
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by gbolio4(m): 5:25am On Oct 03, 2007
This all is getting really seriously unpalatable

What in Heaven's Name is @ stake here?? Is it money? 5k or sumthing?

Can we whittle all this ish down??
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by smartsoft(m): 5:44am On Oct 03, 2007
hehheh gbolio what gwan? been a long time ooo
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by smartsoft(m): 5:47am On Oct 03, 2007
i'm really laughing heheheh true talk Salvage
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by Afam(m): 7:56am On Oct 03, 2007
gbolio4:

This all is getting really seriously unpalatable

What in Heaven's Name is @ stake here?? Is it money? 5k or something?

Can we whittle all this ish down??

I believe credibility is at stake here and from what both parties posted on this forum there is absolutely no reason for smartsoft to be called fraudulent.

One lesson here is that regardless of the fact that no single person has supported the guy that called another fraudulent he still believes he is right and every other person wrong.
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by webemerald(m): 10:32am On Oct 03, 2007
Good morning folks,
Firstly let me remind u guys that it wasnt my idea to go public with our chat, it was his idea and that proves whos trying to discredit who, come to think that he even posted my name which is wat really infuriated me.

Salvage, youre very right he has the right to sell the cart to me (were all in biz) but the issue isnt selling here, the issue is that he told me it wasnt a zen cart when in fact it was.

my2cents
And i believeif he has the right to call charge me 5k for a free link i also av the right to call him a fraudster , not because of this issue alone but cos hes done it b4 .I wish i had the right to post messages we had so u cld see the rain of abuses he and his friends poured on me, but "seun almighty "go ban me nd im still wondering why he was allowed to post, e be like say clique don dey nairaland.
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by smartsoft(m): 10:44am On Oct 03, 2007
Greatman ! wemerald, get this to your head, we never discuss on any issues on zen cart thats what you not getting here we never discuss anything about that. okay if we do just put the chat conversation here and let everyone see

you saying why i put up the chat here. remember this i told you that the world will here about what you told to me, and the next thing you said was that [b]" eh i will telll nairaland about you blah blah" [/b]and i told you have done that already because i'm pretty meticulous about personalities. and also i want to say this you told skima that you want to report me to NITDA, well you can go ahead and report me to them, infact tell them smartsoft is a fraudster and they will ask you what happen any proof. ?

so i will like to crave your indulgence, to forget this bullshit and accept you wrong by calling me a fraudster and i bet if you finally get that person who told you about the zen cart, God will never 4give you cross my heart

So if you like continue yarning bolls

Note this : i don't keep malis if you buzz me today and say hi to me on IM i will respond back, but one thing i want to tell you that you should accept that you at fault.
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by my2cents(m): 10:51am On Oct 03, 2007
In the end, this is the kind of post that chases quality members away. People like zahy, prodgalson, kazey, etc haven't posted in a while. Perhaps they have other reasons for leaving, but I wouldn't be surprised if a post like this is one of them.

This is a non-issue folks. Let's move on to more productive conversations.

By the way, webemarald:
I tend to read a lot into things. The mere fact that you started your post with "good morning" tells me there is still good left in you. Please use your proverbial 1 token well. I think the more you respond, the more people respond back. Just try and stop. Imagine the world class apps (the plurality is on purpose) we could have built with the time and energy spent on this and the other related post. Just think about it folks. Google could have made an offer to us that would make YouTube's offer seem like 1 kobo tongue

Seun:
If you are listening, I vaguely remember a time last year (wow! time moves by so fast on this forum grin) when there was some controversial topic on this forum I was trying to get to. When I clicked on the link, I got some message that basically said (paraphrasing), "this thread has been locked from further posting". I believe in free speech and hate to make this request, but could you kindly apply that rule to this and the other related post please? cool
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by smartsoft(m): 10:57am On Oct 03, 2007
Well i told seun before rasing this issue because i need to clear things straight don't want someone to start yarning bolls about me to people and people of nairaland so that was the reason why i told seun first before puting it here and seun said i should go ahead . now i'm in that good position to tell him to do so,

Please oga admin can you help us stop this thread so we don't accept any post again since my fellow man don't want to accept his at fault, littlewonder why seun himself never posted in here. so oga seun make u stop posting of replies.

thats was a smart idea my2cent. alotta peeps yesterday buzz me to stop posting again because you have notting to offer wemerald. i want to try my best to ignore you but the more you paste rubbish, the more i feel like smashing your head to the wall !
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by my2cents(m): 11:06am On Oct 03, 2007
Smartsoft:
Na wa for you sef. Can't you just stop? We get your point wink

Webemarald:
Webemarald, I believe all smartsoft wants is an apology. Be a bigger man and apologize. It won't hurt you. Remember my beef with kheme some time last year? I didn't have to, especially considering I am pretty sure I was right and I am older than he is, but guess what? I humbled myself and I apologized for the way I handled the issue. That post, though forgotten by others was still burning in my heart (and every now and then I would go back to read it) until I apologized. Now, I feel better about myself and have, until now, forgotten about it.

biko, just say sorry. We all know you probably won't mean it, but just say it nonetheless.

smartsoft:
Again, we get your point - you believe (and rightly so) that you were falsely accused of being something you know you are not. You have said this over and over and over. To avoid Seun playing the part of a dictator, you too sef, make you stop biko nu. Mu na gi ga Tantalizers or Hunger busters or whatever place of your choosing when I come okay? O small ting. O non-issue. Odikwa unnecessary wink
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by smartsoft(m): 11:13am On Oct 03, 2007
hehehehehe like styl-plus will say CASE DISMISS
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by Afam(m): 2:16pm On Oct 03, 2007
One thing I am certain about Nigerians is this - They hardly find the courage to admit mistakes.

May God help us.
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by Egavlas(m): 5:12pm On Oct 03, 2007
So alls well that ends well.
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by smartsoft(m): 6:20pm On Oct 03, 2007
i belive you afam ! @savage hehehe abi oooo
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by Phiry(m): 11:28pm On Oct 04, 2007
I believe this grievance will die naturally but take note, this subject title will greatly sell a product! You may want to put that in mind.
Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by gbolio4(m): 2:52am On Oct 05, 2007
Phiry:

I believe this grievance will die naturally but take note, this subject title will greatly sell a product! You may want to put that in mind.

Re: Some Webmaster Can Be So Stupid Especially This Guy Called ? by smartsoft(m): 3:44pm On Oct 06, 2007
nope success no posting sorry !

(1) (Reply)

The Truth / Planning On Quitting And Going Freelance / Help To Integrate Whois Domain Details To Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.