Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage (12445 Views)

How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage / How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders / 25 Ways To Ruin Your Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by MBG4Real(m): 5:46am On Dec 22, 2011
MY WIFE IS GOOD EXCEPT THAT SHE HAS FORMED THE HABIT OF WATCHING TELEVISION SERIES EVERYDAY ON STV2 FROM 9PM TO 11PM. Sometimes she moves into Home Video and stays till 12pm or longer before joining me on bed. My annoyance is that whenever she settles to watch these episodes every other thing that needs her attention in the house suffers. She sleeps off as soon as she lies down. She barely wakes on time to prepare for work in the morning.

When I confront her she argues that it is only two hours that she uses to enjoy herself after working for the whole day. I told her I like watching football and News, but I am not addicted to them like she is addicted to this Television series. Sometimes I come in from work, say around 8pm, she will quickly serve my food and disappears into the pallor, she doesn't care if I ate or not.

I have been pleading with her not to make it a do or die affair but she would not listen. If I am the type that beats, I would have smacked her face a number of times. I didn't say she should not watch, but it should not be everyday. She wouldn't want to miss any episode. She doesn't care how much fuel she burns watching with Generator.

WHAT DO I DO TO STOP MY WIFE FROM THIS HABIT WITHOUT PUTTING AN UNNECESSARY STRAIN IN OUR MARRIAGE. HELP
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by freecocoa(f): 6:58am On Dec 22, 2011
Na wa o marriage must really be hard(even the slightest things seems to be a problem),I don't even know what to say but OP I'm thinking two hours of TV is not too much na(I don't know for married folks sha),the only problem I see here is that its making you and other things in the house suffer,well I think you should sit her down again and really tell her how you feel about this her attitude,point out the areas its affecting her life cos she may not even know it is.
Seriously though I don't understand how she can let it get in the way of things.

1 Like

Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by slimyem: 8:04am On Dec 22, 2011
see wahala!
I love watching 'em series too and seriously 2hrs after a long stressful day in the city is just right to relax.
You shoud talk to her about how much it's making her neglect your needs and how much lotta things in the house are suffering for it.
And then there's no harm watching it with her while holding her hands sometimes.
God help you!!

1 Like

Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by 195(f): 8:42am On Dec 22, 2011
why dont you Just SELL THE TV and buy a radio

Im even looking for TV to buy sef  undecided
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by pendo89(f): 9:06am On Dec 22, 2011
MBG4Real:

My annoyance is that whenever she settles to watch these episodes every other thing that needs her attention in the house suffers. She sleeps off as soon as she lies down. She barely wakes on time to prepare for work in the morning.
She doesn't care how much fuel she burns watching with Generator.

WHAT DO I DO TO STOP MY WIFE FROM THIS HABIT WITHOUT PUTTING AN UNNECESSARY STRAIN IN OUR MARRIAGE. HELP

Those are danger signs.Did she forget she is a married woman with added responsibilities and that it takes sacrifice for marriage to work?
How can a grown woman behave like a teenager in the house really.just thinking what if you had kids? Who will get down to housework and who will watch tv? You know what? she really needs to GROW UP and start acting married.
If you sell that box? with her immature attitude? she will camp at the neighbour's to watch.
Suppose you ignore her for a while. Carry work at home and act too busy to care about her.Treat her like she doesnt exist AT ALL.
Then watch her reaction.If she says a word, let her know that is exactly how you feel everytime she ignores you.
Damn whatever works try.
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by 195(f): 9:26am On Dec 22, 2011
^story

Just sell the TV and the GEN
let everyone stay darkness angry
and she dares not go to her neighbours place else she sleeps there
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Exponental(m): 9:39am On Dec 22, 2011
190_@:

hhahahahahaha, u make me laff in swahili

me I recommend he disconnects d dstv from d dish witout her suspecting. (both will suffer anyway)
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by pendo89(f): 9:51am On Dec 22, 2011
190_@:

^story

Just sell the TV and the GEN
let everyone stay darkness angry
and she dares not go to her neighbours place else she sleeps there

lol,so everybody suffers cz of one person? Doesn't make sense to me.This type will go watch tv at the neighbour.
If you disconnect anything she will get somebody to fix it,no? And please she's is not the only one watching tv in that house.
Dont use child''s tactics on her cz she's grown up!
Treat like like she doesnt exist.That gets into any woman like nothing else.
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Idowuogbo(f): 9:57am On Dec 22, 2011
Poster treat her  like a teenager because she's behaving like one remove d fuse in the TV jare, if she comes bck and sees d TV is out of service and she dare decides to carry her laptop to view anything sexually frustrate her ,am sure it will affect u 2 just wankkk notin spoil jus teasin o loool.

U need to ignore her like pendo said,it gets to us women more than u guys think.I wish she changes she's lucky u aren't out getting attention yet sha,goodluck cool
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by tutuwater(m): 10:03am On Dec 22, 2011
@ OP next time she is doing such, why don't you leave the house and go for a couple of beer in the beer parlor and do not come back till around 1am. when you are back she will be the one to start the discussion on what is going on in the marriage.
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by mashnino(m): 10:36am On Dec 22, 2011
190_@:

only God will bless you,
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Okijajuju1(m): 10:46am On Dec 22, 2011
You cheap bastar'd, no be your mate dey buy PVR decoder for their house?! angry

Your wife dey watch series you come out here dey shout like Ashawo wey dem Bleep on credit!! angry

Go and buy her a PVR decoder so she can simply record all the series she wants to watch and watch them at her leisure instead of punishing her to sit and watch series foe hours or miss her shows entirely. Plus if you were so fantastic in bed, you would be able to Bleep that series demon out of her. angry

1 Like

Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Basildon1(m): 10:51am On Dec 22, 2011
Okija_juju:

You cheap bastar'd, no be your mate dey buy PVR decoder for their house?! angry

Your wife dey watch series you come out here dey shout like Ashawo wey dem Bleep on credit!! angry

Go and buy her a PVR decoder so she can simply record all the series she wants to watch and watch them at her leisure instead of punishing her to sit and watch series foe hours or miss her shows entirely. Plus if you were so fantastic in bed, you would be able to Bleep that series demon out of her. angry
Dont care about the rest of the post! This right here was faccking epicness!! LMAO!!
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Idowuogbo(f): 10:55am On Dec 22, 2011
Oh my lawd see tears in my eyes,Okija has killed me dis morning kai see customised insult ROFTLMAOOOOOOO
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by freecocoa(f): 11:00am On Dec 22, 2011
grin grin grin grin
Chei okija,e gbara wucked o.
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Okijajuju1(m): 11:07am On Dec 22, 2011
My dear, the guy dey vex me, people get serious matters wey dey worry them ehn carry series talk dey block my ear!

1 Like

Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Idowuogbo(f): 11:10am On Dec 22, 2011
^Sir can I enrol in ur school of legendary insult pls, I like ur swagga grin

1 Like

Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Okijajuju1(m): 11:18am On Dec 22, 2011
I dey learn work o!!
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by pendo89(f): 11:34am On Dec 22, 2011
Okija_juju:

Go and buy her a PVR decoder so she can simply record all the series she wants to watch and watch them at her leisureangry

Haha I typed that and deleted cz I thought, if she records a week's series @ taking 2 hours then that is 10 hours of watching.
She works mon-friday. If she dedicates all her evenings to house and hubby, she only has sat and sun free.
Now sunday most peeps go to church till mid-day and after noon is leisure time with family wherever.
So we only have saturday leisure/free time for this woman. You now want her to watch a 10 hour series nonstop on saturday or sunday?
Where does this guy fit in? He will still complain unless they both have something interesting to watch together as they cuddle on sofa.
The guy is lonely!

The answer here is discipline.Any disciplined person can live and own anything but they will never allow the thing to control them.
This is a teenager in a womans body
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by freecocoa(f): 11:37am On Dec 22, 2011
Okija_juju:

My dear, the guy dey vex me, people get serious matters wey dey worry them ehn carry series talk dey block my ear!
You don see am na,I guess everybody has what they call their own problems,op own na him be TV.
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by 195(f): 11:47am On Dec 22, 2011
mashnino:

only God will bless you,

amen cool
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Ranoscky(m): 1:34pm On Dec 22, 2011
Nawa o, som pipu dey try shaaa!! Me? Ranoscky? Tolerate such nonsensical nonsense with a woman that I bought with my money into my hauz, to come and start actin shaddy??. . . Well! Op, accordin to what u said above [other things sufferin while she's being wasted watchin tv], RANOSCKY CANNOT TOLERATE SUCH FROM ANY WOMAN!! In that case, being a different peeps that we are, I cant give u an advice on what to do, cos whatever advice I'll give u is gon be HARSH; So I reserve my comment!
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by maclatunji: 3:27pm On Dec 22, 2011
Switch to Star Times and forbid her from subscribing to DSTV even with her money. Test her submissiveness to you as her husband. If she obeys you for at least a month. Call her when the two of you are relatively relaxed, tell her that she needs to put the series in their proper place and not make them central to her life. I am sure if you handle the spoilt little girl in her properly she will respond to treatment. You can then restore the DSTV back.

Alternatively take 190's advice, although I don't think you need that kind of drama.

Speaking of TV, I have to rush home to watch a programme in about 20 minutes- it is not what you think!
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by stagger: 3:51pm On Dec 22, 2011
You need to go back home and sort your family problems out yourself.

In our parents' times, there was no Nairaland to drop complaints. And again, we don't live with you, so we do not know in what context you are making your complaints, so judgement is reserved.
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by superior1: 3:56pm On Dec 22, 2011
Get at her to prove your point. There is something that always get to a woman, i know my wife no dey like make i buy suya come home drink garri when she used the whole evening to cook vegetable and semo for me.

Immediately, i start suya and garri she don know something dey vex me dat. Since you be her husband, u supose know wetin go get at her, then let her know you dont like wat she is doing
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by ideologies(m): 3:58pm On Dec 22, 2011
i can understand the situation, just take it easy, do away with beat her up, it will make the problem worst, u will attract causes from god as well. then people will call u wife beater. just find a confortable time and talk to her. may be take her out during the weekend and disscuss that. and pray as well. take care my dear
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Toboski: 3:58pm On Dec 22, 2011
@Poster

This is very simple, just stay out late consecutively and if she makes an issue out of it, tell her you don't have any reason to return home early when she will be busy watching her program and will most likely not have time for you. Tell her you will adjust when you are sure she will be there for you. And if this doesn't work, let me know, i will help you figure out another strategy.

Best of luck!!!

1 Like

Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by omotonia: 4:11pm On Dec 22, 2011
its not about u stoping her,like me i had to make my husband fall in love with my program cos i hate football i had to love it cos he loves it,we both watch my series together and we both watch his footballs together no harm its all about understanding,stay with her,let her lay on ur laps or u lay on her at the end u both go to bed together,if u want to hv sex then u can or inbetween the program u can no need to quarrel over it,and am sure her program talkes about love.women loves romance.

2 Likes

Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by akpanbaba: 4:12pm On Dec 22, 2011
MY WIFE IS GOOD EXCEPT THAT SHE HAS FORMED THE HABIT OF WATCHING TELEVISION SERIES EVERYDAY ON STV2 FROM 9PM TO 11PM. Sometimes she moves into Home Video and stays till 12pm or longer before joining me on bed,

This is an indirect way of accusing his wife of not giving him what he  wants on bed.It is not about TV.I swear if she  does well on bed anytime the man wants it,she can watch her TV for six uninterrupted hours without complaint.
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by sweeteyes: 4:13pm On Dec 22, 2011
Talk to her about it and tell her how it will affect your marriage in the long run. TV addiction amongst married couples is rampant these days. Pray for her also. Prayer works!!! smiley
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by mikron(m): 4:20pm On Dec 22, 2011
the poster never said it was DSTV series d wife is addicted to. He just said series on tv. Maybe na rafaela 4 AIT d woman dey die put so! Anyways im also a sucker 4 rafaela. Some of these soaps n series dey make us run go house on time. Lol
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Ibime(m): 4:22pm On Dec 22, 2011
Bros, you either buy a good recorder for her to record her program and watch on weekends, or you go hang out with friends whenever she starts her foolishness. . . . soon enough, she'll be asking where you went.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Surrogacy Services Now Available In Nigeria For Intending Parents / Being The Only Child Of Your Parents: How Has It Been Like? / Do You Believe In Marrying Young?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.