Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,933 members, 7,806,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. - Computers (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. (65302 Views)

Post Your India Web Proxy problems Here / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by litaninja(m): 4:13pm On Nov 08, 2015
Ah yes, Bash...well i guess depends on personal preference or your operating environment. MSFT steady trying to push PowerShell. LOL. If possible, one should be an "All-rouneder".
Yes, let the thread return to Mac Issues.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by kevdiggie7: 8:34pm On Nov 14, 2015
Hello please I want to upgrade my MacBook Air i5 4gig ram 128ssd to a MacBook Pro i7. Any offers?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Fulaman198(m): 8:43pm On Nov 14, 2015
makavele:

In Nigeria, yes most people buy macs just for the "affluence" tag attached to it. But I got my mac cos windows sucks when it comes to
server administration. In fact, I have gotten so used to terminal/bash commands ; that I can no longer remember simple commands for Window's command prompt . . . It's better to run Unix/Linux natively on a Mac, than install a virtual box environment on windows . . .

You can run native Linux on a PC you know. Mac OS X is just UNIX.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by makavele: 11:21pm On Nov 14, 2015
Fulaman198:

You can run native Linux on a PC you know. Mac OS X is just UNIX.

I was being generic and not going into details .
Yes u can run stuffs like Ubuntu, Fedora, even Debian natively on your pc
i have cent OS installed natively on my PC . . i was talking about OSX which cannot run natively
and in some instances, you can run it natively, if u can hack the resource codes in the installation package . . .
lots of hardwork . .and will bring many driver errors . . .

1 Like

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by litaninja(m): 11:28pm On Nov 14, 2015
Or you can use a Mac "distro" ...Little to no hacking needed .
makavele:

i have cent OS installed natively on my PC . . i was talking about OSX which cannot run natively
and in some instances, you can run it natively, if u can hack the resource codes in the installation package . . .
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Fulaman198(m): 12:28am On Nov 15, 2015
makavele:

Yep very true
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by makavele: 1:29am On Nov 15, 2015
litaninja:
Or you can use a Mac "distro" ...Little to no hacking needed .

sure . . . stuffs like unibeast installers . . from hackintosh communities
but you will need to use appropriate bootflags . .
and this doesn't come easy for the "everyday user"
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by damadman: 7:25am On Dec 04, 2015
Hello interested in ur macair let me know if it's stilll available for sale!
kevdiggie7:
Hello please I want to upgrade my MacBook Air i5 4gig ram 128ssd to a MacBook Pro i7. Any offers?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by dazekid(m): 1:58am On Feb 06, 2016
#Revival I need to install Ubuntu Linux on a MacBook Pro without OSX on it. It would also be helpful if I could get an OSX installer in Ikeja or Berger. Anybody?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Fulaman198(m): 10:30am On Mar 08, 2016
Olisa74:
We Mac users know that the Apple Mac is way superior to the PC. Hopefully the use of apple Macs should soon start to grow in Nigeria. This thread is for anyone experiencing difficulties with their Mac computer. Hopefully we should be able to help!

Not really, Superior in what way? I have all 3 Operating Systems. Mac OS X (UNIX), Linux (Ubuntu) and Windows. They all have their advantages and disadvantages.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Fulaman198(m): 10:32am On Mar 08, 2016
Bolidegz:
Hello fellow nairalanders,please help me out.
My apple laptop-Mac no longer sounds on the
laptop speakers anytime i play music on it.
Please help me out with any vital information
that would possibly leas to a solution. I look
forward to your replies, thanks.

what kind of Mac do you have? Please share that info. Thanks!
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by rev2214(m): 5:14am On Mar 13, 2016
makavele:

In Nigeria, yes most people buy macs just for the "affluence" tag attached to it. But I got my mac cos windows sucks when it comes to
server administration. In fact, I have gotten so used to terminal/bash commands ; that I can no longer remember simple commands for Window's command prompt . . . It's better to run Unix/Linux natively on a Mac, than install a virtual box environment on windows . . .
I use to belief Mac is more complex than window. But I think is better to give a trier and learn new thing.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by makavele: 6:50pm On Mar 13, 2016
rev2214:

I use to belief Mac is more complex than window. But I think is better to give a trier and learn new thing.

Yes; OSX is not so user-friendly
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Fulaman198(m): 8:34am On Mar 14, 2016
makavele:

Yes; OSX is not so user-friendly

All operating systems are easy if you take the time to see how they work.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by makavele: 7:14pm On Mar 14, 2016
Fulaman198:

All operating systems are easy if you take the time to see how they work.

Not so true . . because in life, no two things have the same level of difficulty or simplicity
Compared to the other; one has to be at least a little bit harder or simpler. . . That's just life
In this case everybody knows OSX; at first glance; isnt as user friendly as Windows
We're talking about first glances for an average user . . . because no matter how complex the OS is; it becomes fairly easy to use with time
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Fulaman198(m): 11:17pm On Mar 14, 2016
makavele:

Not so true . . because in life, no two things have the same level of difficulty or simplicity
Compared to the other; one has to be at least a little bit harder or simpler. . . That's just life
In this case everybody knows OSX; at first glance; isnt as user friendly as Windows
We're talking about first glances for an average user . . . because no matter how complex the OS is; it becomes fairly easy to use with time

Well my friend, I didn't specify that X is easier than Y and Z. What I said specifically was that with time, every operating system is easy to learn. Have an excellent evening.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by makavele: 11:19pm On Mar 14, 2016
Fulaman198:

Well my friend, I didn't specify that X is easier than Y and Z. What I said specifically was that with time, every operating system is easy to learn. Have an excellent evening.

Cheers !!!
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by orekelewa07: 8:42am On Apr 11, 2016
Please as a new comer which mac book is better mac book air or mac book pro? And which one is less complicated for a lady
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Toroze(m): 2:06pm On May 02, 2016
Anyone done a hackintosh.....
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by lalaboi(m): 1:35pm On May 08, 2016
orekelewa07:
Please as a new comer which mac book is better mac book air or mac book pro? And which one is less complicated for a lady

There's no such thing as less complicated when it comes to macbooks. Whether air or Pro, they run the same software.

Major differences? Airs are portable and have no DVD drive. You may have to buy and external one.
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/differences-between-the-macbook-air-and-macbook-pr.html

1 Like

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by ColeworldMD(m): 1:44am On Jul 05, 2016
@litaninja
@fulaman198
@makavele
And mac gurus pls help me out.
I mistakenly poured yoghurt on my pro and now I think it's toast. What's the best solution for me? I'm not me without my Mac. Thanks guys
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Fulaman198(m): 9:46am On Jul 05, 2016
ColeworldMD:
@litaninja
@fulaman198
@makavele
I mistakenly poured yoghurt on my pro and now I think it's toast. What's the best solution for me? I'm not me without my Mac. Thanks guys

Where exactly was the yogurt spilled? What year Mac do you have?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by makavele: 10:33am On Jul 05, 2016
ColeworldMD:
@litaninja
@fulaman198
@makavele

a mac's greatest enemy is a liquid spill . . . no matter how little . .
like d post above me .. where exactly did it spill . . if its towards d left, the I/O board may be fried.. towards d right . . the logic board might be toast . . u should take it to a repairer and have them change the I/O board first . . if it doesn't come back to life
then I regret to inform you the Logic Board is toast .. While a logic board can be repaired, i doubt if it can be done here in Naija . .
last time i changed a logic board, it was 70k for an air . . would be cheaper for an older mac and vice versa
take note . . a wet/fried I/O cable would also kill d mac . . be sure to swap cables too
Good luck
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by ColeworldMD(m): 12:46pm On Jul 05, 2016
Fulaman198:

in btw the keyboard. It's a mid 2012
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by ColeworldMD(m): 12:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
Fulaman198:

In btw the keyboard. It's a mid 2012
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by ColeworldMD(m): 1:04pm On Jul 05, 2016
makavele:

a mac's greatest enemy is a liquid spill . . . no matter how little . .
like d post above me .. where exactly did it spill . . if its towards d left, the I/O board may be fried.. towards d right . . the logic board might be toast . . u should take it to a repairer and have them change the I/O board first . . if it doesn't come back to life
then I regret to inform you the Logic Board is toast .. While a logic board can be repaired, i doubt if it can be done here in Naija . .
last time i changed a logic board, it was 70k for an air . . would be cheaper for an older mac and vice versa
take note . . a wet/fried I/O cable would also kill d mac . . be sure to swap cables too
Good luck
okay.. Thanks I'm gonna try ur recommendation. Where did you change ur logic board btw?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by makavele: 3:45pm On Jul 05, 2016
ColeworldMD:
okay.. Thanks I'm gonna try ur recommendation. Where did you change ur logic board btw?

bought a new one off eBay and changed it myself !!!
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by ColeworldMD(m): 3:49pm On Jul 05, 2016
makavele:

bought a new one off eBay and changed it myself !!!
nice! I like DIYs but I've never tried anythin like this. Whr are u based? Maybe u can help me replace mine if u dnt mind
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by makavele: 5:17pm On Jul 05, 2016
ColeworldMD:
nice! I like DIYs but I've never tried anythin like this. Whr are u based? Maybe u can help me replace mine if u dnt mind

Lagos ! Sure !
if i can get my hands on the mac, i would definitely tell what exact component went bad afterall . . .
Sometimes, after a liquid spill a mac would hibernate itself to prevent damage and would refuse to wake up . . .
Happened once and guess what? a hair blowing machine blasted enough heat to bring it back to life.
Crazy machines, lol
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by ColeworldMD(m): 6:54pm On Jul 05, 2016
makavele:

Lagos ! Sure !
if i can get my hands on the mac, i would definitely tell what exact component went bad afterall . . .
Sometimes, after a liquid spill a mac would hibernate itself to prevent damage and would refuse to wake up . . .
Happened once and guess what? a hair blowing machine blasted enough heat to bring it back to life.
Crazy machines, lol
yeah they beasts like that lol I'm in Abuja thou..
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by lalaboi(m): 9:10am On Jul 12, 2016
Abeg

Who has a spare magsafe charger for Pro mid 2009 for sale?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by djavu(m): 8:07am On Mar 12, 2017
please help me out.my macbook is going off after booting with out the battery but when the battery is there it will not power at all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 / Difference Between China HP And Original HP? / Computer Professional Body In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.