Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,844 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:09 AM

Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me (3462 Views)

If Nigerian Mechanics Were Medical Doctors / Mechanics And The Pranks They Play On Car Owners. Share Your Experience / Beware Of Catalyst Stealing Mechanics, Welders And Car Dealers!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by Bobbyendy: 12:07pm On Dec 22, 2011
Helo my people pls I need Ūя̲̅  assistance I have this mazda 626 2000model pix below. Which a mechanic due to his negligence burnt  ‎​†ђξ  whole engine. now I took it 2another who is working it now he has got a new engine and other parts which has already cost me abt 200k.but the problem now is that he is claiming he cnt find the complete engine wire I have sponsored his trip to Aba and Lagos which I don't know if he went at all. Pls can anyone assist me I want to know if truely d wire is not available. Or if you know where I can get it. thanks

Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by sultaan(m): 1:38pm On Dec 22, 2011
You mean the engine wire harness, how about ECU

You didn't state if its 4cyl or V6
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by Bobbyendy: 3:09pm On Dec 22, 2011
sultaan:

You mean the engine wire harness, how about ECU

You didn't state if its 4cyl or V6
its a 4cyl. The wire in question is ‎​†ђξ complete engine room wire with the fuse box
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by Bobbyendy: 6:23pm On Dec 22, 2011
Pls nairalanders I am waiting o
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by Ikenna351(m): 6:54pm On Dec 22, 2011
I can feel you. I had a similar experience. Its not that easy to complete engine harness. I have been searching for one too. But at a point, i built one myself. With a wiring diagram, you can build an engine harness, from ecu(s) to sensors/components on engine or in engine bay. In my case, the previous wrong ecu-engine harnes connections damaged the car injection ecu which is now overfueling the engine. So, am seriously searching for a working injection ecu of the car.

The best way to address your car issue is to get a parts car. You just swap all the wires from the parts car in the engine bay to your car. With that, you will ensure that all wires are complete and are attached, fixed or plugged in where they are suppose to be. Talking from experience. Trust me! Even if you get a complete engine harnes, the rewire to do the work might end up connecting the harness wrongly or bypassing some engine sensors, as long as the engine would start and run. How it runs is not his problem. Unless you can get the wiring diagram, i would advice you to do it yourself (if you can) or you supervise the rewire while doing the harness job.

Ikenna.
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by bfire(m): 7:33pm On Dec 22, 2011
Seriously, i'll advise you scrap the car because you'll end up spending almost 350 - 500k on this issue.

However, if you attach a personal interest to this car, i can get you a complete front cut with all the wire harness, engine and gear.

It will take between 4 -6 wks to deliver and will costs you 350,000 Naira.
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 22, 2011
Bobbyendy:

its a 4cyl. The wire in question is ‎​†ђξ complete engine room wire with the fuse box

Problem is, your Mazda doesn't have modular wiring harness - as in it doesn't have the wiring harness is sections, which simply plug into the central harness (dash harness with fusebox). It'll have to be cut, and joined, wire by wire.

I don't know how far into the car the harness is burnt, but one thing's for certain - if it was an electrical fire (which I believe it was) the damage will extend as far as the start of the harness. So we're looking at behind the dash. And your ECU could be fried, there's no way of telling until the car is all back together, and you attempt to start her. If she doesn't run, you'll never know if it's due to errors in the cut-and-join, or a burnt ECU.

There are lots of other control units that may well be affected - TCU (if it's automatic) ABS control unit, airbag modules, the list is endless.

If I was doing the job, I would completely strip the car - dash, seats, carpet etc, and install a complete wiring harness, with no joins. But I would get the ECU and TCU tested first. If they're gone, I would write the car off as a dead loss and move on. I don't know what you paid for the car, or what a 2000 Mazda 626 is worth, but I would say the cost of repairs could outweigh the market value of the car.

Good luck, whatever you decide.
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by Bobbyendy: 8:10pm On Dec 22, 2011
Ikenna351:

I can feel you. I had a similar experience. Its not that easy to complete engine harness. I have been searching for one too. But at a point, i built one myself. With a wiring diagram, you can build an engine harness, from ecu(s) to sensors/components on engine or in engine bay. In my case, the previous wrong ecu-engine harnes connections damaged the car injection ecu which is now overfueling the engine. So, am seriously searching for a working injection ecu of the car.

The best way to address your car issue is to get a parts car. You just swap all the wires from the parts car in the engine bay to your car. With that, you will ensure that all wires are complete and are attached, fixed or plugged in where they are suppose to be. Talking from experience. Trust me! Even if you get a complete engine harnes, the rewire to do the work might end up connecting the harness wrongly or bypassing some engine sensors, as long as the engine would start and run. How it runs is not his problem. Unless you can get the wiring diagram, i would advice you to do it yourself (if you can) or you supervise the rewire while doing the harness job.

Ikenna.
thanks so much for your response but  ‎​†ђξ  problem is where do I get  ‎​†ђξ  parts car to remove  ‎​†ђξ  wire from.cause I don't think I or  ‎​†ђξ  mechanic can build 1. But pls Ȋ̝̊̅§ it that  ‎​†ђξ  wire cannot be found in  ‎​†ђξ  lagos market or ABA
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by Bobbyendy: 8:18pm On Dec 22, 2011
bfire:

Seriously, i'll advise you scrap the car because you'll end up spending almost 350 - 500k on this issue.

However, if you attach a personal interest to this car, i can get you a complete front cut with all the wire harness, engine and gear.

It will take between 4 -6 wks to deliver and will costs you 350,000 Naira.
thanks for responding. ‎​†ђξ engine and gear have been gotten already what is remaining is ‎​†ђξ complete wire. Do you know if you can get it?
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by Bobbyendy: 8:36pm On Dec 22, 2011
Siena:

Problem is, your Mazda doesn't have modular wiring harness - as in it doesn't have the wiring harness is sections, which simply plug into the central harness (dash harness with fusebox). It'll have to be cut, and joined, wire by wire.

I don't know how far into the car the harness is burnt, but one thing's for certain - if it was an electrical fire (which I believe it was) the damage will extend as far as the start of the harness. So we're looking at behind the dash. And your ECU could be fried, there's no way of telling until the car is all back together, and you attempt to start her. If she doesn't run, you'll never know if it's due to errors in the cut-and-join, or a burnt ECU.

There are lots of other control units that may well be affected - TCU (if it's automatic) ABS control unit, airbag modules, the list is endless.

If I was doing the job, I would completely strip the car - dash, seats, carpet etc, and install a complete wiring harness, with no joins. But I would get the ECU and TCU tested first. If they're gone, I would write the car off as a dead loss and move on. I don't know what you paid for the car, or what a 2000 Mazda 626 is worth, but I would say the cost of repairs could outweigh the market value of the car.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

Thanks SIENNA for your response  ‎​†ђξ  point is I never knew it will be so difficult getting  ‎​†ђξ  wire. But at this point it is difficult to backout cause I have gotten all  ‎​†ђξ  parts just that complete wire and  ‎​†ђξ  fuse box cnt seem 2get it here.pls Ȋ̝̊̅§ it possible to get it imported?
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 22, 2011
^^^ Import is very possible, as long as you're clear exactly what part of the harness you need.
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by Bobbyendy: 8:56pm On Dec 22, 2011
Siena:

^^^ Import is very possible, as long as you're clear exactly what part of the harness you need.
Siena:

ok since I cnt get it here I don't mind an import but I don't understand what you mean by (what part of ‎​†ђξ harness) all I know from what he told me is that it Ȋ̝̊̅§ ‎​†ђξ complete wire and fuse box
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2011
Bobbyendy:

ok since I cnt get it here I don't mind an import but I don't understand what you mean by (what part of ‎​†ђξ harness) all I know from what he told me is that it Ȋ̝̊̅§ ‎​†ђξ complete wire and fuse box

That's okay. I'll need your engine size, as well as the exact model year.
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by Ikenna351(m): 10:05pm On Dec 22, 2011
Siena, come to think of it. If his mechanic or rewire knows what he is doing, how could he exclude ecu(s) from the list of items to purchase? Is he trying to claim that the fire incident didnot affect any of them? It sounds ridiculors to me. Unless the engine in question is fuel carburretted.

As for the person that adviced him to just scrap the car, thats too harsh to me. Even though you are trying to help, but understand the situation to know how to put your words. I have been in that situation & have not completely come out of it. I know what is like to purchase a car with hundreds of thousands or a million plus, only for stupid mechanic to render the car immobile within a short while of ownership. Do you expect him to just get rid of it & expect him to sleep well at night without creating himself a severe high bp? It can be very painful, i can tell you that. You will only understand if it has happened to you. Yes, what you suggested might be the right thing for him to do, but the manner you lay it down to him matters. Like Siena did, he first in a mild way, explained what he will be getting himself into if he is to continue with the restoration, not just the cost, but implications. Its now let for him to examine himself if he is go into it or find another alternative like i did. He needs consolation. Scrapping the car wont get him another car. Do you think he has enough money to purchase another tokunbo & refused to do so, but preferred to risk fixing this one? Am just putting myself in his shoes!

Ikenna
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by Bobbyendy: 10:33pm On Dec 22, 2011
Siena:

Siena:

Siena:

just called ‎​†ђξ mechanic now he said he dosent know ‎​†ђξ engine size. But the model is 2000 mazda 626 american spec. Its ‎​†ђξ same with ‎​†ђξ one on d pix
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by Bobbyendy: 10:45pm On Dec 22, 2011
@ ikenna thanks 4 d kind words. ‎​†ђξ fire only burnt d engine room I don't think d ECU may be affected will try and post d pix
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 22, 2011
Bobbyendy:

just called ‎​†ђξ mechanic now he said he dosent know ‎​†ђξ engine size. But the model is 2000 mazda 626 american spec. Its ‎​†ђξ same with ‎​†ђξ one on d pix

It's a real worry, when a mechanic doesn't know the engine capacity of the car he's working on. How does he then search for parts? Without that, there's no way I could attempt sourcing an engine wiring harness. Since he doesn't know, I'll need the engine number.

Bobbyendy:

@ ikenna thanks 4 d kind words. ‎​†ђξ fire only burnt d engine room I don't think d ECU may be affected will try and post d pix

An electrical fire would be caused by a short-circuit. You don't need a fire to fry an ECU, the short-circuit is more than enough to do damage.
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by Bobbyendy: 11:23pm On Dec 22, 2011
@SIENNA thanks so much 4 d assistance so far. ‎​†ђξ problem we have down here is dat you can hardly get a good mechanic I was surprise myself when he said he dosent know ‎​†ђξ engine capacity all he said was dat its a 4cylinder,i will call him again by morning. Pls can u give me an estimate of ♓☺w much it will cost 2get d wire and fuse box down to nigeria and ‎​†ђξ time.Thanks
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by Emperoh(m): 12:03am On Dec 23, 2011
A mechanic doesn't know the size of the engine he is working on??

Classic!!!! They don't come any better than this!!
Chai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked sad sad sad sad
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by patlead: 10:56am On Dec 23, 2011
bros with all these troubles. i will advise you move on or build a new harness
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by Bobbyendy: 2:09pm On Dec 23, 2011
@ SIENNA I have gotten d engine info pls notify me when your online so we can discuss further. Thanks[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 23, 2011
Bobbyendy:

@ SIENNA I have gotten d engine info pls notify me when your online so we can discuss further. Thanks[/color]

[color=#000099]I'm online, whenever you're ready bruh.
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by Bobbyendy: 6:32pm On Dec 23, 2011
He said ‎​†ђξ engine size is 2.0 what's next
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by Bobbyendy: 7:35pm On Dec 23, 2011
@SIENNA, Mazda 626 american spec 2000model. 4cylinder engine, Size 2.0, Hope d info is ok. I will want to know ♓☺w much the complete wire and fuse box will go for and ♓☺w long it will take to arrive.Thanks
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 23, 2011
Bobbyendy:

@SIENNA,  Mazda 626 american spec 2000model. 4cylinder engine, Size 2.0,  Hope d info is ok. I will want to know ♓☺w much the complete wire and fuse box will go for and ♓☺w long it will take to arrive.Thanks

You're looking at 130,000 Naira (used) or 258,000 Naira (brand new from Mazda) shipped to you via DHL express. Delivery time to Lagos or Abuja is 3 days.
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by Bobbyendy: 9:52pm On Dec 23, 2011
Siena:

You're looking at 130,000 Naira (used) or 258,000 Naira (brand new from Mazda) shipped to you via DHL express. Delivery time to Lagos or Abuja is 3 days.
OMG I never knew this repairs will be like this I would have dumped it but I guess I hv gone so deep. pls is ‎​†ђξ 130k inclusive of ‎​†ђξ delivery? cnt you pls reduce ‎​†ђξ price I would equally want to know ‎​†ђξ mode of payment and what will be ‎​†ђξ delivery time to cross river state (calabar).
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 23, 2011
^^^ The prices are inclusive of shipping. Delivery to Cross Rivers State is 3 days via DHL Express. My email address is:

siena_@hotmail.co.uk
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by Bobbyendy: 10:38pm On Dec 23, 2011
@SIENNA I just sent you a mail
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 23, 2011
^^^ Email duly noted, and responded to.
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by miccodb(m): 12:43pm On Dec 26, 2011
nice job siena. u are a relic!
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by baaliyah(m): 5:17pm On Dec 26, 2011
sorry to derail the thread,
pls Siena, Ikenna how do i clear the ABS light on my dash after fixing the disconnected ABS sensor wire while changing rear shock absorber in a toyota camry 99 v6.
Thanks.
Re: Help Me Pls This Mechanics Are Killing Me by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 26, 2011
ba_aliyah:

sorry to derail the thread,
pls Siena, Ikenna how do i clear the ABS light on my dash after fixing the disconnected ABS sensor wire while changing rear shock absorber in a toyota camry 99 v6.
Thanks.

Some ABS systems have a "learn" feature. This means if any of the wheel speed sensors are disconnected and later re-connected, all you need to do to clear the light, is drive the car for about a mile, at speeds above 55 mph. This will reset the ABS warning lamp. If this doesn't work, you'll have to clear it with a suitable OBD diagnostic tool.

Though I'm puzzled why your ABS warning should be on. Disconnecting any of the ABS sensors should not trigger the warning lamp, as long as the ignition is not switched on whilst the sensor/s was/were disconnected.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Car Consumes Alot / . / PEUGEOT 307 Over Heating Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.