Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Faruk Lasaki's Changing Faces Versus Chineze Anyaene's JÉ The Journey - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Faruk Lasaki's Changing Faces Versus Chineze Anyaene's JÉ The Journey (5272 Views)

Nollywood Diva Alex Lopez's Role In Changing Faces And Other Movies / Faruk Lasaki's "changing Faces" Can Change The Nigerian Film Industry / Faruk Lasaki To Speak At The Toronto Film Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Faruk Lasaki's Changing Faces Versus Chineze Anyaene's JÉ The Journey by Orikinla(m): 3:05pm On Dec 22, 2011
Without doubt or dispute Chineze Anyaene's IJÉ the Journey is the most financially successful Nigerian movie at the local box office and won an award for setting a box office record in Nigeria. The second is Kunle Afolayan's Figurine. But in terms of screenplay and cinematography I rank Faruk Lasaki's Changing Faces above IJÉ.

Would IJÉ have been so popular without Genevieve Nnaji and Omotola Jalade-Ekeninde?

Of course Chineze did the right thing that any smart filmmaker would have done in Hollywood or Bollywood by using the most popular actors and actresses to attract their teeming fans to the cinemas. In fact IJÉ should have made more than $1 million in Nigeria alone if Chineze explored all the opportunities and possibilities by also showing the film in as many halls as possible and charging less than the tickets sold at the Silverbird Cinemas and Genesis Deluxe Cinemas. But she seemed to be satisfied with the amount she made in West Africa and is moving on to the next level to make a better and bigger film.

Faruk Lasaki's Changing Faces has two relatively unknown British actors in the lead roles and only two popular Nigerian actors Alex Lopez and Keppy Ekpenyong. They are seasoned Nollywood stars, but they don't have the superstar popularity of Genevieve and Omotola. IJÉ would not have been so successful in West Africa without them.

Faruk and Chineze are both outstanding graduates of the famous New York Film Academy (NYFA).And the best movies with successful runs at the local box office have been by other graduates of NYFA, Kunle Afolayan and Stephanie Okereke.

Changing Faces is currently the only Nigerian movie on the top ten movies showing at the Genesis Deluxe Cinemas in Lagos and at the Silverbird Cinemas outside Lagos.

Re: Faruk Lasaki's Changing Faces Versus Chineze Anyaene's JÉ The Journey by vescucci(m): 4:32pm On Dec 22, 2011
Oga, Orikinla. I like this thread you opened and I'm actually very pleased. More of this please
Re: Faruk Lasaki's Changing Faces Versus Chineze Anyaene's JÉ The Journey by Orikinla(m): 8:02pm On Dec 22, 2011
vescucci:

Oga, Orikinla. I like this thread you opened and I'm actually very pleased. More of this please

The floor is open for those who have seen both movies to discuss them.

Chineze;s is a crime thriller and Faruk's is a romance thriller.
Re: Faruk Lasaki's Changing Faces Versus Chineze Anyaene's JÉ The Journey by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 23, 2011
I hate Nigeria movies
Re: Faruk Lasaki's Changing Faces Versus Chineze Anyaene's JÉ The Journey by juman(m): 1:07pm On Dec 23, 2011
Am happy for our local films producers/directors. We are producing better movies nowadays.
Re: Faruk Lasaki's Changing Faces Versus Chineze Anyaene's JÉ The Journey by Orikinla(m): 2:50pm On Dec 23, 2011
odiaero:

I hate Nigeria movies

Odiaero,

You cannot hate all of them.

Dr. Ola Balogun, Faruk Lasaki, Femi Odugbemi, Mahmood Ali-Balogun, Kunle Afolayan, Lonzo Nzekwe, Chineze Anyaene, Stephanie Okereke, and others have made some worthy movies we can be proud of in any arena.
Re: Faruk Lasaki's Changing Faces Versus Chineze Anyaene's JÉ The Journey by Relax101(m): 6:47pm On Dec 23, 2011
^^^^ So Alex Lopez still dey act film?
Abeg tell am say I like her well well.
You get her number? cheesy
Re: Faruk Lasaki's Changing Faces Versus Chineze Anyaene's JÉ The Journey by Orikinla(m): 6:58pm On Dec 23, 2011
Relax101:

^^^^ So Alex Lopez still dey act film?
Abeg tell am say I like her well well.
You get her number? cheesy

PM me for her number.

The photograph shows Alex Lopez and Marc Baylis in Changing Faces.

Re: Faruk Lasaki's Changing Faces Versus Chineze Anyaene's JÉ The Journey by gidiMonsta(m): 11:03pm On Dec 23, 2011
Orikinla:

Odiaero,

You cannot hate all of them.

Dr. Ola Balogun, Faruk Lasaki, Femi Odugbemi, Mahmood Ali-Balogun, Kunle Afolayan, Lonzo Nzekwe, Chineze Anyaene, Stephanie Okereke, and others have made some worthy movies we can be proud of in any arena.

ow can u forget d amazing Tunde Kelani, Emem Isong, Amaka Igwe and more recently Saidi Balogun
Re: Faruk Lasaki's Changing Faces Versus Chineze Anyaene's JÉ The Journey by tlops(m): 11:49pm On Dec 23, 2011
Trailer pls, especially of changing faces
Re: Faruk Lasaki's Changing Faces Versus Chineze Anyaene's JÉ The Journey by Orikinla(m): 12:11pm On Dec 24, 2011
Here is the trailer link on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYTB1G5Pwgk

Re: Faruk Lasaki's Changing Faces Versus Chineze Anyaene's JÉ The Journey by Orikinla(m): 12:13pm On Dec 24, 2011
gidiMonsta:

ow can u forget d amazing Tunde Kelani, Emem Isong, Amaka Igwe and more recently Saidi Balogun

The names you have mentioned are the others referred to in my post.
Re: Faruk Lasaki's Changing Faces Versus Chineze Anyaene's JÉ The Journey by Orikinla(m): 5:34pm On Dec 29, 2011
The following are the showing times of the Silvderbrid Cinemas for Changing Faces.

SILVERBIRD CINEMAS, SEC, ABUJA

Changing Faces: 11:30am, 3:55pm, 8:30pm.

SILVERBIRD CINEMAS, PORT HARCOURT

Changing Faces: 12:00pm, 4:25pm, 8:40pm.
Re: Faruk Lasaki's Changing Faces Versus Chineze Anyaene's JÉ The Journey by landinfo: 8:25am On Dec 14, 2013
Re: Faruk Lasaki's Changing Faces Versus Chineze Anyaene's JÉ The Journey by landinfo: 8:45am On Dec 14, 2013
Re: Faruk Lasaki's Changing Faces Versus Chineze Anyaene's JÉ The Journey by landinfo: 8:59am On Dec 14, 2013
Orikinla: Without doubt or dispute Chineze Anyaene's IJÉ the Journey is the most financially successful Nigerian movie at the local box office and won an award for setting a box office record in Nigeria.

HMMMTJADJAJBTKMTJB
]
The second is Kunle Afolayan's Figurine. But in terms of screenplay and cinematography I rank Faruk Lasaki's Changing Faces above IJÉ.

Would IJÉ have been so popular without Genevieve Nnaji and Omotola Jalade-Ekeninde?

Of course Chineze did the right thing that any smart filmmaker would have done in Hollywood or Bollywood by using the most popular actors and actresses to attract their teeming fans to the cinemas. In fact IJÉ should have made more than $1 million in Nigeria alone if Chineze explored all the opportunities and possibilities by also showing the film in as many halls as possible and charging less than the tickets sold at the Silverbird Cinemas and Genesis Deluxe Cinemas.[/quote:

HMMMTJADJAJBTKMTJB
[quote author=]
But she seemed to be satisfied with the amount she made in West Africa and is moving on to the next level to make a better and bigger film.

Faruk Lasaki's Changing Faces has two relatively unknown British actors in the lead roles and only two popular Nigerian actors Alex Lopez and Keppy Ekpenyong. They are seasoned Nollywood stars, but they don't have the superstar popularity of Genevieve and Omotola. IJÉ would not have been so successful in West Africa without them.

Faruk and Chineze are both outstanding graduates of the famous New York Film Academy (NYFA).And the best movies with successful runs at the local box office have been by other graduates of NYFA, Kunle Afolayan and Stephanie Okereke.

HMMMTJADJAJBTKMTJB
[quote author=]
Changing Faces is currently the only Nigerian movie on the top ten movies showing at the Genesis Deluxe Cinemas in Lagos and at the Silverbird Cinemas outside Lagos.
[/quote]
HMMMTJADJAJBTKMTJB

(1) (Reply)

Disney Characters Who Exist In Real Life / The Best Cartoon Movie(s) Ever Made? / Problem With Dstv Decoder And Smartcard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.