Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,807 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? (8534 Views)

When You Annoy Your Mum On Christmas Day / Cooking Beans Can Be Very Frustrating (see Pics) / That Moment When Your Gas Finishes Late Night While Cooking Beans....(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Fesisko(m): 6:28pm On Dec 23, 2011
afam4eva:

Beans on a christmas day? Which kind bad luck be that.
see me see wahala!shey be na you stingy pass abi?cos u know say many visitors nor go eat beans on xmas day.anyhow sha,chop alone die alone.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by cap28: 6:29pm On Dec 23, 2011
yes it will definitely be an unsual day - cos most of your guests will be either in the bathroom or outside letting off "gas" - you get me?
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by sheyguy: 6:38pm On Dec 23, 2011
I am in support of it jare . . . rice used to b somtin special in the days of uncle bens vs stone-rice, but now we eat stoneless rice like we did to beans back then.
Beans all the way . . . Dont 4get backup plan oh!!!
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by wazobiang: 6:44pm On Dec 23, 2011
try it and you'll regret this xmas. its rice and chicken period. thats the way we grew up. thats the way its gonna be. Plus the beer coz now am so grown up.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 23, 2011
@OP
It's a sign that all is not well with you.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by kevoh(m): 6:55pm On Dec 23, 2011
Guys pleeeaaaase Rice in all formats on xmas day is so old skool and boring abeg, una neva tire? Op you can prepare beans on xmas day jare or better yet prepare it as moi moi with fish and liver.
In the afternoon take salad + peppered chicken, then at night pepper soup and any drink u normally take.
I prefer eating light during festive periods.

And please stop the negativity about eating beans on xmas day there's nothing wrong jare, e be like say una neva see pesin wey go cook beans wey go sweet well well for una.

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Orikinla(m): 6:55pm On Dec 23, 2011
There is noting wrong with cooking "Ewa" on Christmas Day.

Cook beans and make delicious stew with fresh fish.
Then boil plantain with "Ugu" leaves mixed with "Egusi".

You will enjoy the food with red wine.

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by kevoh(m): 7:01pm On Dec 23, 2011
Now that's what I'm talking about!
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Sike(m): 7:12pm On Dec 23, 2011
It's gonna be Foodish!
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Ekiti1: 7:29pm On Dec 23, 2011
*clears throat* ahem, beans on xmas day? *tiptoes out of thread* make I check if my yam still dey intact.
P'yam all the way
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by UjSizzle(f): 8:00pm On Dec 23, 2011
lol am in full support! But will showup only if u top it wit dodo n we can drink garri :p
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 23, 2011
Nigerians are not adventrous one bit. Imagine someone saying something is wrong with the poster because he wants to prepare beans.
Why must we eat rice everyday and even on special occasions? Doesn't that clear shows there's something wrong?

Try pounded yam and Banga/groundnut/egusi/edi kiakon/ogbono or vegetable soup and I bet you christmas will never be the same again.

Foods I will suggest to be prepared for a change include :

Pounded yam/ semo vita / eba or amala with a very lovely and well stocked 'orisirisi'
Yam porridge
Pepper soup
Afada rice and the stew
Moimoi and salad
Or general small chops with nice chilled drink.

Variety is always good. Eating rice on special occasion from birth till now no dey tire una?

As for me I go chop pounded yam with correct banga soup.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by lepasharon(f): 9:12pm On Dec 23, 2011
Beansssss poor man foood
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by WhyAWhy(m): 10:29pm On Dec 23, 2011
lepasharon:

Beansssss poor man foood

see CAGED thinking
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by koolJ1(f): 11:30pm On Dec 23, 2011
Abeg oh, nufin wrong with dat power packed food! Carry on,poster and di well to extend id to sundays too!
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by ronkebp(f): 11:30pm On Dec 23, 2011
Ewoooo!!!! Christmas, i miss Niaja like no man business this festive period, remembered all those times, would wake up in the morning, dey pound yam for like 20-25 family members, momsie's ogbono, egusi soup is ready, people are digging in, eating and sweating for early mor-mor, after that, jollof rice don dey ontop fire, fried rice on the side, Anu don go grind beans for moi-moi (and that is the only time, beans show face), salad, dey on ground, put cole-slaw join, children dey drink coke, music dey play, we all dey dance, banga dey throw for outside, see noise, motors dey hunk,  I MISS NAIJA OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Challas(m): 11:37pm On Dec 23, 2011
One thing i know is this;For one to cook beans on XMAS DAY,then something is wrong somewhere?.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by MissyB3(f): 11:38pm On Dec 23, 2011
ronkebp:

Ewoooo!!!! Christmas, i miss Niaja like no man business this festive period, remembered all those times, would wake up in the morning, dey pound yam for like 20-25 family members, momsie's ogbono, egusi soup is ready, people are digging in, eating and sweating for early mor-mor, after that, jollof rice don dey ontop fire, fried rice on the side, Anu don go grind beans for moi-moi (and that is the only time, beans show face), salad, dey on ground, put cole-slaw join, children dey drink coke, music dey play, we all dey dance, banga dey throw for outside, see noise, motors dey hunk,  I MISS NAIJA OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
I can relate to this. Nostalgia!  smiley
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 23, 2011
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by ronkebp(f): 11:46pm On Dec 23, 2011
Missy_B:

I can relate to this. Nostalgia! smiley

My dear i know!!!! I forgot to add, after the whole cooking, we would start sharing food to neighbours, carry pounded yam go give Iya Titilope, jollof rice go give mama sunday, fried rice to sisi caro. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by MissyB3(f): 11:53pm On Dec 23, 2011
ronkebp:

My dear i know!!!! I forgot to add, after the whole cooking, we would start sharing food to neighbours, carry pounded yam go give Iya Titilope, jollof rice go give mama sunday, fried rice to sisi caro. cheesy cheesy cheesy
I also used to do that. cheesy
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 24, 2011
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Ranoscky(m): 3:17am On Dec 24, 2011
Una neva Crious. Hu no go drink garr, mak im jus remain jejely for im papa hauz.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Nobody: 3:18am On Dec 24, 2011
guy you are making my mouth water already. seriously, can you cook Jollof beans? abeg gimme your address
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by tpia5: 3:20am On Dec 24, 2011
Imagine someone saying something is wrong with the poster because he wants to prepare beans.

is something not wrong with the poster?

just drink garri already- no need to even cook beans.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:25am On Dec 24, 2011
Poster I tink u like bin cursed , u think u type dis kain tin and escape yabbings on NL u don dey sleep untop okada .Listen cook woeva u want if u like fry wall gecko join its ur palava , have a good keresimesi ooo egbon elewa
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by beespak7(m): 4:42am On Dec 24, 2011
Abeg beans is very depressing on xmas day. Nothing like rice and fried chicken , fried beef, or fried goat meat, to brighten up the dullest xmas day, Hhmmm only the aroma alone don make me bele full.  Na our tradition to eat rice on xmas day . Any way i can still blend the rice and fried chicken with delicious moin moin .
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Btruth: 7:50am On Dec 24, 2011
@Orikinla, your prescription is simply the best.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by patuwa2(m): 7:52am On Dec 24, 2011
As far as I am concern, I am done with the yearly routine of rice, fried rice, jollof, poundy, e.t.c. I had bought white beans and dry fish for Christmas. I'm going to prepare a delicacy of boiled beans fried in pepper source. Visit me if you care for some!
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 24, 2011
This is such a gud idea.i was actually planning 2 hav me some beans 2moro.had beans n rice last new yr day.ewa agoyin 2 b precise.yummy!
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by ChuckD2(m): 8:47am On Dec 24, 2011
DonCrust:

me too, Gone were d days when after cutting d xmas chicken's neck d supposed dead chicken will rise n start running,
I'm so pasting this on my facebook wall, Kai
WhyAWhy:

see CAGED thinking
That is eh, I tire for all these beans haters O.
@Porter: see eh, let's do it this way. Just boil the beans with the usual pinch of salt and prepare fried-rice sauce (y'know, diced carrots, liver, pepper, sweet corn, and all what's not fried in oil), prepare dried chicken too and yam chips (sweetened). Serve in wide plain-white china. Make it look like oil on canvass painting. Provide a cold drink like smirnoff ice and smooth music at the background. Christmas don finish be that. Your first guests will empty the pot
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by efisher(m): 9:24am On Dec 24, 2011
Chuck D, u just activated my "saliva" glands! I want some of that delicacy right now!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cow Oil (maishanu) / Puff Puff Recipe / What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.