Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,168 members, 7,780,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:38 AM

Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? (8522 Views)

When You Annoy Your Mum On Christmas Day / Cooking Beans Can Be Very Frustrating (see Pics) / That Moment When Your Gas Finishes Late Night While Cooking Beans....(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by tolaadepej(m): 9:57am On Dec 24, 2011
which kind thing be that hw i go come visit U for xmas n u ll give me beans chop u wan make kill everybody wey board the same taxi with me with M.E.S.S.?NO that na bad idea
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by tolaadepej(m): 10:02am On Dec 24, 2011
Nigerians are not adventrous one bit. Imagine someone saying something is wrong with the poster because he wants to prepare beans.
Why must we eat rice everyday and even on special occasions? Doesn't that clear shows there's something wrong?

Try pounded yam and Banga/groundnut/egusi/edi kiakon/ogbono or vegetable soup and I bet you christmas will never be the same again.

Foods I will suggest to be prepared for a change include :

Pounded yam/ semo vita / eba or amala with a very lovely and well stocked 'orisirisi'
Yam porridge
Pepper soup
Afada rice and the stew
Moimoi and salad
Or general small chops with nice chilled drink.

Variety is always good. Eating rice on special occasion from birth till now no dey tire una?

As for me I go chop pounded yam with correct banga soup.

Se u think se na everybody fit aford all this wey u mentioned
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by tlops(m): 10:21am On Dec 24, 2011
make sure there is water to flush sh1t!!!
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by pholar(m): 10:51am On Dec 24, 2011
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by KDULAR: 1:00pm On Dec 24, 2011
You are the man B wink wink wink wink wink, I'm thinking of making Yam Burns with a lot of garnishes ( meat, fish, shrimps, onions ) down it with a non alcoholic wine if I can't get fresh palmy smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Solozzo(m): 2:21pm On Dec 24, 2011
I will recommend you stock a pile of Andrew Liver Salt, if u plan to cook beans for Xmas. Lol

. Best wishes
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by dasparrow: 2:22pm On Dec 24, 2011
@Poster

There is absolutely nothing wrong. You deserve to cook whatever you want to cook in your home. In order to reduce the gas effect from the beans, you can soak the beans overnight and change the water of the beans two or three times while cooking. In my house, there will be poundo and fresh fish with soup. No chicken because that is something we eat alot and I am equally tired of goat meat because I eat that alot during the year as well.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by tpia5: 3:34pm On Dec 24, 2011
Dont know about yall but when i was growing up in nigeria we had different kinds of food for christmas.

Rice, poundo, different kinds of stew, etc. We cooked our ase, shared it with various friends and family, and also received their own ase in return.

So it was more or less a tasting festival so to speak. We sampled different dishes and commented on the quality- most times they were all good because we're talking of serious cooks and cooking here.

For those who celebrate their own festivals by eating beans- hey its your choice . Just eat your beans quietly and stop disturbing others, thanks.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Enifej: 5:36pm On Dec 24, 2011
Many people in dis world dnt know d meaning of xmas.dey bliv its by eating,drinking,fucking and do all sort of tins but its all about individual salvatn cos dats wot christ came 2 d world 2 proclaim.u dat want 2 eat beans,av u bin save,if yes,ur eatn beans on xmas day is apreciated so be fasting or eating garri.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Orikinla(m): 7:18pm On Dec 24, 2011
lepasharon:

Beansssss poor man foood

Do you know the cost of a bag of beans compared to bag of rice?

Rice is mostly imported and yet it is still cheaper than beans in Nigeria.

Beans is is preferred by those who are wise.

Now you know why Orikinla is 6ft 3 inches tall and with starry eyes and flawless skin . cheesy
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by yesboss20(m): 7:33pm On Dec 24, 2011
Funnily, I have been contemplating having ewa agoin with turkey on Christmas and it's been a pretty bam thought! I think we shld digress from the rice culture a bit and start smtg fresh/unique. The downside is the fear of causing an atmospheric imbalance thru flatulence!
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by tpia5: 10:36pm On Dec 24, 2011
must we really enlarge the hole in the ozone layer on one particular day?

i suspect many of these i am cooking beans on christmas are atheists or satanists or something who are just trying to start their usual nonsense about religion.

just saying. undecided

like it concerns anybody what you decide to chuck in your mouth any day of the year?
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by member479760: 12:28am On Dec 25, 2011
OP, cook and eat it alone, if you pass it on na EBO bi that!
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by sniperwolf(m): 7:29am On Dec 25, 2011
Funny! I cooked beans once with chicken and it was interesting
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by hedrez: 1:45pm On Dec 25, 2011
Well, is unusual to prepare beans on festive day but try to ginger it with plantain, pomon with locus beans stew and you shall have more pple demandind for it.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Jenifa1: 7:46pm On Dec 25, 2011
why not make gbegiri soup to go with hot amala?

yesboss20:

Funnily, I have been contemplating having ewa agoin with turkey on Christmas and it's been a pretty bam thought! I think we shld digress from the rice culture a bit and start smtg fresh/unique. The downside is the fear of causing an atmospheric imbalance thru flatulence!

heheh cheesy
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by honour6(m): 3:25pm On Dec 26, 2011
As for me na chicken and garri, I chop this xmas, I'm fedup of eating rice
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by NotNairalandi(m): 7:22pm On Dec 26, 2011
mine is roasted yam and patato
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by EfeEkarume(m): 6:14am On Dec 27, 2011
No, there's nothing wrong in cooking beings on christmas day, afterall we are human beans.
sniperwolf:

Funny! I cooked beans once with chicken and it was interesting
I read a novel about beans too and it was delicious.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by tlops(m): 7:18pm On Dec 27, 2011
So how did it go with the "beans" experiment?
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by tpia5: 7:27pm On Dec 27, 2011
sort of anti-climactic i suppose.

nothing new.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Puff Puff Recipe / What's Your Worst Cooking/kitchen Chore? / Quick And Easy Way Of Making Pounded Yam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.