Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,020 members, 7,806,995 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria - Business To Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria (55617 Views)

How To Start A Haulage Business With Renault Trucks / I Need A Company That Can Manage My Truck - Haulage Business --- Carrying Goods / Haulage Trucks/investing In Haulage Business! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 10, 2013
We offer Vehicle Tracking services and installation without Monthly fees. Call 08056686657

***Approved by Nigeria Communication Commisions**** (NCC)

Securing your vehicle and monitoring family or small fleet drivers is easy with our car tracker and Free tracking application. Take full control of your vehicles from the privacy of your mobile phone, tablets or PC - anywhere, anyday, anytime

• Track your car on any phone with simple SMS
• Track your car on any internet enable phone (optional)
• Free smartphone & tablet tracking software
• Automatic notification in case of theft
• Ignition and engine shutdown via SMS
• Vehicle recovery feature in mobile app if stolen
• Prevent unauthorized trips and sideline business from drivers and employees
• Monitor excessive speed by your driver, children
• Fuel log feature to prevent fuel theft and control costs
• Track even without internet/map access
• Understand locations instantly without zooming in/out
• Add up to 1,000 own locations (office, home, client Church, Restaurant, joints etc..)
• Multi-lingual with selectable primary language (Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, English, French, Arabic etc…)
• Accelerometer for towing alarms, secure parked and unguarded vehicles.
• Monitor your car anywhere in the world

For Enquiries: Call 08056686657

Visit: HDS Enterprises Work’s Plaza. No 23 ogudu Road, ogudu. Ojota. Lagos.

***Quality never goes out of service***We offer Vehicle Tracking services and installation without Monthly fees. Call 08056686657

***Approved by Nigeria Communication Commisions**** (NCC)

Securing your vehicle and monitoring family or small fleet drivers is easy with our car tracker and Free tracking application. Take full control of your vehicles from the privacy of your mobile phone, tablets or PC - anywhere, anyday, anytime

• Track your car on any phone with simple SMS
• Track your car on any internet enable phone (optional)
• Free smartphone & tablet tracking software
• Automatic notification in case of theft
• Ignition and engine shutdown via SMS
• Vehicle recovery feature in mobile app if stolen
• Prevent unauthorized trips and sideline business from drivers and employees
• Monitor excessive speed by your driver, children
• Fuel log feature to prevent fuel theft and control costs
• Track even without internet/map access
• Understand locations instantly without zooming in/out
• Add up to 1,000 own locations (office, home, client Church, Restaurant, joints etc..)
• Multi-lingual with selectable primary language (Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, English, French, Arabic etc…)
• Accelerometer for towing alarms, secure parked and unguarded vehicles.
• Monitor your car anywhere in the world

For Enquiries: Call 08056686657

Visit: HDS Enterprises Work’s Plaza. No 23 ogudu Road, ogudu. Ojota. Lagos.

***Quality never goes out of service***
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by uwish: 6:10pm On Nov 27, 2013
uwish: Hello,

I got the following message in my e-mail inbox and I wish to share it with us including the answer to it

This is a very good question which i would love to take my time to explain very well. Be expecting very soon. Thanks all

Hi Nairalanders,

As promised on kinds of truck to use:

The following trucks are good for haulage depending on the section you are venturing into:

(a) MAN --- Easy and cheap to maintain, available spare parts and very cheap, though costly to purchase in tipper

(b) DAF --- Just as MAN but the better of it is ATI model

(c) IVECO --- As well cheap and easy to maintain even when it is ageing (the better of it is TURBOSTAR) but could develop troublesome brake if not well handled, then it injector must be well maintained not to become problematic

(d) MACK --- Rugged and lasting but easily develop axle problem especially the 20ton tipper

(e) MERCEDES BENZ --- Available spare parts but not cheap, then do get overheating problem but can be tackled by replacing the radiator to bigger one

Call for more info on 08132820002 or e-mail HAULAGINO@GMAIL.COM

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by GRACEGLORY: 10:53pm On Nov 27, 2013
Do you have a truck for haulage work? FMCL NIGERIA is in need of 20 Tonnages trucks (Box body) to convey her light imported products such as: DAIPERS (Huggies), KETCHUP, MAYONAISE, BAKED BEANS (Heinz'), The SME baby food et cetera.

The job is a permanent one as we distribute from Lagos (our Head Quarters) across Nigeria to our various warehouses (Abuja, Kano, Kaduna, Benue, Kogi, Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Bayelsa, Edo, Delta, Oyo, Osun, Ondo, Ekiti, Kwara, Anambra, Rivers, Ogun, et cetera).

for details
Call: 0803-054-6462
-Pastor Cyrus Jesunifemi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by opeyemi1509: 5:11pm On Dec 05, 2013
This nice information,thnks
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by opeyemi1509: 5:18pm On Dec 05, 2013
Hello, i have a ford deliver van for hire. If u are interested , call me on 08060944346. Or if u have any body that want to carry any load and u will collect ur own commision, u can also contact me. Thnks
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by opeyemi1509: 4:31pm On Dec 06, 2013
Anybody with a truck that can carry 150 bags of shakoo frm oyo should pls cantact me. Urgently neede. 08060944346 . Thnks
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by uwish: 12:26pm On Jan 03, 2014
HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Solo84(m): 11:45am On Oct 02, 2014
Good morning NL, kindly advice if a truck box is also profitable in a business as il prefer to start with a 10-15 tons. thanks
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by uwish: 6:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
Solo84:
Good morning NL, kindly advice if a truck box is also profitable in a business as il prefer to start with a 10-15 tons. thanks

It is profitable, talk to me on 08132820002 or email: HAULAGINO@GMAIL.COM

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Starbeams: 7:50am On Jan 03, 2015
35 tons tipper truck for hire Abuja!

We have graded 35 tonnes trucks for hire for sharp sand, asphalt, chippings for long distance and short distance journey

Call us on 08072594139

Thank you
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by gemini35(m): 7:28am On Feb 02, 2015
For those venturing into haulage business,you can order your flat body truck,dump tippers ,concrete mixer trucks,tractors,and many more,from sino howo truck,do you wish to visit the company sino howo truck will send an invitation letter, for you to come and see for your self and do business with us,the trucks a durable dangote is using the same truck without hassle,and sino truck also design and produce trucks to specific demand of customers,if you want to see the catalogue pm me I,will send it across. Harmony28k@yahoo.com. 07037260442.
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by ThaiAlNigeria(m): 8:18am On Feb 18, 2015
Greetings uwish,

Thanks for the great post. It was a good read.

I was wondering, what is your average monthly repairs/maintenance cost excluding tyres for each truck?

Thanks for the great post. smiley

My humblest regards,

Your Friend.
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by uwish: 10:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
ThaiAlNigeria:
Greetings uwish,
Thanks for the great post. It was a good read.
I was wondering, what is your average monthly repairs/maintenance cost excluding tyres for each truck?
Thanks for the great post. smiley
My humblest regards,
Your Friend.

The cost of servicing = N30,000
while repairs/maintenance depends on the stress and damages on the truck. At time no cost on repair but only servicing meanwhile in another month the repair might be on high side
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by RareDiamond: 8:57pm On Apr 10, 2015
Intresting

GRACEGLORY:
Do you have a truck for haulage work? FMCL NIGERIA is in need of 20 Tonnages trucks (Box body) to convey her light imported products such as: DAIPERS (Huggies), KETCHUP, MAYONAISE, BAKED BEANS (Heinz'), The SME baby food et cetera.

The job is a permanent one as we distribute from Lagos (our Head Quarters) across Nigeria to our various warehouses (Abuja, Kano, Kaduna, Benue, Kogi, Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Bayelsa, Edo, Delta, Oyo, Osun, Ondo, Ekiti, Kwara, Anambra, Rivers, Ogun, et cetera).

for details
Call: 0803-054-6462
-Pastor Cyrus Jesunifemi.

Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by uwish: 10:39pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hello Nairalanders,

Entrepreneurs, how had it been with your business?

Can you share your experience in the haulage business, as on owner/investor what had been your experience with your manager? You the manager have you been enjoying the service of your driver and you driver how has been the job?

Waiting for your shares.
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by lukman22: 8:31pm On Apr 20, 2015
@Uwish. I just stumble on this thread 2day and I must comend u on ur gud work.I love trucking business and presently I have 1 unit of 30ton MAN diesel truck. I bought it july 2013 used ,overhauled and put in a good shape. It has being a rocky road ever since. Engine knock 2times,compressor,rims,tyers busting ( hardly last a month),axle issues. I ended up changing the engine to a direct tokumbo engine. Right now,things has started looking promising
Wished I saw this ur thread earlier b4 I venture into the biz,I would have been in a gud position to get it right in the first place.I would have gone for a direct tokumbo instead of Naija used.
That's the truck below

Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Garvey1: 4:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
Obtain US loan guarantee to buy US made new trucks.Then lease them out to your drivers,the trucks will pay for themselves.US puts up 85% and buyer puts up 15% .let me know your interest.send email to henes11@live.com
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by uwish: 8:44pm On Apr 29, 2015
lukman22:
@Uwish. I just stumble on this thread 2day and I must comend u on ur gud work.I love trucking business and presently I have 1 unit of 30ton MAN diesel truck. I bought it july 2013 used ,overhauled and put in a good shape. It has being a rocky road ever since. Engine knock 2times,compressor,rims,tyers busting ( hardly last a month),axle issues. I ended up changing the engine to a direct tokumbo engine. Right now,things has started looking promising
Wished I saw this ur thread earlier b4 I venture into the biz,I would have been in a gud position to get it right in the first place.I would have gone for a direct tokumbo instead of Naija used.
That's the truck below

Thanks for sharing your experience. Nairlnders, Be careful of buying Nigeria used truck you are not sure of
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Henix(m): 7:06am On May 05, 2015
Nice thread, i wonder why it's been allowed to die
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by uwish: 7:25am On May 07, 2015
@lukman22

The lesson for anyone buying Nigerian used:
1. Ask for the time of first purchase
2. How long has it been used
3. Reason(s) for willing to sell it
4. Condition of the engine (Systematically ask for mechanic of the owner as if you want to be using the same mechanic, because it is from the mechanic
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by uwish: 7:38am On May 07, 2015
@lukman22

The lessons for anyone buying Nigerian used: ASK
1. For the time of first purchase
4. Condition of the engine (Systematically ask for mechanic of the owner as if you want to be using the same mechanic, because it is from the mechanic you can really download true state of the vehicle. If you can get to know the last driver, it will be of good to you)
NB: (i) Price it to the half of the "Tokunbo" price e.g if "Tokunbo" cost N3m, price it between N1.5m and N2m at most
(ii) Be financially ready to replace virtually everything has it will be coming up damage
(iii) First start using it for local jobs before embarking on up-country jobs, if your driver certifies it okay
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by lukman22: 7:47am On May 07, 2015
@Uwish,I actually did all that u stated here but u knw naija, they will hardly tell u the truth.
I went with a known mechanic that specialize in that brand of truck. He checked and advised I should buy it that he will service and put the little issues in order wen we get back to our base.
The only way is if one must buy a used truck,he has to do a thorough overhauling. Or at best,should just buy a direct toks from europe
uwish:
@lukman22

The lesson for anyone buying Nigerian used:
1. Ask for the time of first purchase
4. Condition of the engine (Systematically ask for mechanic of the owner as if you want to be using the same mechanic, because it is from the mechanic
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by uwish: 11:46pm On May 07, 2015
lukman22:
@Uwish,I actually did all that u stated here but u knw naija, they will hardly tell u the truth.
I went with a known mechanic that specialize in that brand of truck. He checked and advised I should buy it that he will service and put the little issues in order wen we get back to our base.
The only way is if one must buy a used truck,he has to do a thorough overhauling. Or at best,should just buy a direct toks from europe

@lukman22

Not just any mechanic you should have called but the one that the seller had been using and you will pretend as if he is the one will be maintaining it for you after the purchase. Nevertheless, thank God you have overcome the challenges. How is business now?

Thanks
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by ThaiAlNigeria(m): 10:04am On May 18, 2015
We had good experience buying trucks from Nigeria. And we had terrible terrible experience buying trucks from Europe. But we were pretty much clueless about trucking business at that time.

We have not looked into getting Mack trucks from the United States.

We did rather purchase second hand trucks from Nigeria and have our trusted mechanics look at it.

Uwish is right. Be prepared to change and repair some stuff after purchase. Its capital intensive.

The advantage we have is we can get our trucks to work for money asap after purchase.

The absolute ultimate best way to go about doing trucking business here is to buy first hand trucks. Only God knows what the second hand trucks you are about to purchase has been through. This goes for all trucks from Europe, Usa and Nigeria.
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by Henix(m): 12:38pm On May 22, 2015
uwish:

@lukman22

Not just any mechanic you should have called but the one that the seller had been using and you will pretend as if he is the one will be maintaining it for you after the purchase. Nevertheless, thank God you have overcome the challenges. How is business now?

Thanks
Pls can u give me the model specification of the best 20tons Mack Dump Truck to buy for sand. Thanks
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by uwish: 10:35pm On May 30, 2015
Henix:
Pls can u give me the model specification of the best 20tons Mack Dump Truck to buy for sand. Thanks

The best 20tons Mack dump truck CH-model (but not electrical not reuter)
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by yinore(m): 6:45am On Sep 23, 2015
LG Logistics Limited currently require the following for immediate lease:

- 30ton flat body trailers - for interstate transport of water (from lagos to abuja, aba, jos, kano, kaduna, PH, onitsha, enugu)...terms and conditions very attractive.

ALL trucks must be in good condition and only from serious, truck owners/managers

Interested parties should pls contact me urgently on 08033674639
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by timoney45(m): 12:54am On Sep 27, 2015
uwish:

The best 20tons Mack dump truck CH-model (but not electrical not reuter)
Please sir, would you be kind to talk about the six tyres dump truck (911)
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by popless(m): 10:57am On Oct 20, 2015
nice thread plsss, Managers, Agent nd Owners of Trucks of any kind plssss, let us keep d thread alive. Share ur experiences plsss. Altho i ve two trucks DAF 85, 20tonns, 6tyres, Mercedez, 20tonns, 6tyres also, i need constant work for dem to meet up thr weekly target. Contact me on whatsapp 07068293361
Re: Haulage Business!haulage Business!haulage Business! In Nigeria by docchuks(m): 12:31pm On Oct 25, 2015
The first things about starting a haulage business in Nigeria.
http://www.businessplannigeria.com.ng/start-haulage-trucking-business-nigeria/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Links To Haulage Threads / Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) / Quality Nigerian Made Kitchen And Bakery Equipment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.