Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,483 members, 7,781,450 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:33 PM

The Most Popular Names In The Different Tribes In Nigeria - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Most Popular Names In The Different Tribes In Nigeria (3101 Views)

Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? / Which Tribes In Nigeria You Won't Allow Your Children To Marry? / Knowing About The Different Types Of Affairs Gives You Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Popular Names In The Different Tribes In Nigeria by omocalabar(m): 9:25am On Dec 24, 2011
Hi guys,am about to name my twins,my mum is frm akwa ibom,my dad frm imo,my father in law frm kogi and my mother in law frm ogun state. I jst came out wit this idea to name my kids wit d popular names in the different tribes. Which names do u guys think is the most popular?

1 Like

Re: The Most Popular Names In The Different Tribes In Nigeria by Dyt(f): 9:49am On Dec 24, 2011
Omojobi
omolabi
Re: The Most Popular Names In The Different Tribes In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 12:28pm On Dec 24, 2011
In igbo, Emeka and Uche are the most popular names for Boys while Ngozi and any of the Cihchi names are popular for girls.

1 Like

Re: The Most Popular Names In The Different Tribes In Nigeria by Metalgoong(m): 2:26pm On Dec 24, 2011
In Igbo, Ebuka and Chinedu are the most popular for boys, chioma and Ify being the most popular for girls.
Re: The Most Popular Names In The Different Tribes In Nigeria by tpia5: 3:42pm On Dec 24, 2011
Give the child an english name.
Re: The Most Popular Names In The Different Tribes In Nigeria by freecocoa(f): 10:59pm On Dec 24, 2011
In igbo I'm certain Ngozi is the most popular name for females followed closely by chioma or any chi name,for the boys,Emeka,Ifeanyi,Ebuka,Chinedu,Onyekachi,Uche are very common too.
Re: The Most Popular Names In The Different Tribes In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 9:18am On Dec 25, 2011
Well said freecocoa.

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Parents Are Adopting! / The Marriage That I Want / SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.