Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

In Which Construction Or Oil Company Can A Graduate Of Geophysics With 2.2 Work? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / In Which Construction Or Oil Company Can A Graduate Of Geophysics With 2.2 Work? (5574 Views)

Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara / Difficulties In Getting Job With Degree In Geology And Geophysics In Nigeria / Pls Can I Work In Telecom Or Oil Company With Bsc In Mathematics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Which Construction Or Oil Company Can A Graduate Of Geophysics With 2.2 Work? by Enifej: 5:13pm On Dec 24, 2011
I am a graduate of applied geophysics from futa.i have been searching for jobs in construction and oil and gas company but there objective is to recruit candidate with 2.1 above.i dont know what to do.
Re: In Which Construction Or Oil Company Can A Graduate Of Geophysics With 2.2 Work? by kodewrita(m): 7:55pm On Dec 24, 2011
Shell recruits 2:2 graduates too. Just make sure you have a masters and also get some work under your belt if possible.
Re: In Which Construction Or Oil Company Can A Graduate Of Geophysics With 2.2 Work? by joyceok: 2:38am On Dec 26, 2011
Even Illiterates know what to do, I always laugh at Nigerian Graduates who have placed all their lives on a paper called certificate.

A good number of these unemployed graduates and going about town with a BB that costs a fortune

well i started selling phone/laptop accessories with N15K in a show glass after my NYSC four years ago and today i have a phone shop worth N3m and i have 6 staff that i pay a total of N300K monthly.

SALARY IS SLAVERY

Look for what you can do with your skills and not your certificate

The greatest problem of graduates is that because they attended a Four-walled classrom within a four-walled premises, they limit their lives to the four-sided paper called certificate

1 Like

Re: In Which Construction Or Oil Company Can A Graduate Of Geophysics With 2.2 Work? by Enifej: 2:49am On Dec 26, 2011
Tank u 4 ur comment.i rily apreciate dat.
Re: In Which Construction Or Oil Company Can A Graduate Of Geophysics With 2.2 Work? by kodewrita(m): 3:53am On Dec 26, 2011
@joyceok. the greatest failure of YOUR ( our ) country is that graduates who worked and trained hard for that PAPER that you speak of, are left hanging. The young man asked for help to fulfil the dream of every graduate( working with your certificate in an organisation of your choice) not for self-elevating talk. Focus on the question and give an answer. Good thoughts tho but off-point.

1 Like

Re: In Which Construction Or Oil Company Can A Graduate Of Geophysics With 2.2 Work? by yamakuza: 4:05am On Dec 26, 2011
^ offpoint answer maybe; but then, the question itself was skewed.

All the companies of choice cannot employ all d graduates na?

His 2.2 further limiting his chances and perhaps opening room for unconventional solutions?

Btw, your answer(s) really helped.
Re: In Which Construction Or Oil Company Can A Graduate Of Geophysics With 2.2 Work? by yamakuza: 4:22am On Dec 26, 2011
yamakuza:

^ offpoint answer maybe; but then, the question itself was skewed.

All the companies of choice cannot employ all d graduates na?

His 2.2 further limiting his chances and perhaps opening room for unconventional solutions?

Btw, your answer(s) really helped.

the reason i'm towing this line is because there is another Geophysicist on NL who did his masters, is about to do his PhD and is yet to get a job.

So, practical solutions are very much needed on this employment issue.

1 Like

Re: In Which Construction Or Oil Company Can A Graduate Of Geophysics With 2.2 Work? by kodewrita(m): 5:00am On Dec 26, 2011
noted boss. merry xmas.
Re: In Which Construction Or Oil Company Can A Graduate Of Geophysics With 2.2 Work? by yamakuza: 8:07am On Dec 26, 2011
^ lolz. Thanks. Same to you.

Hoping we can get practical solutions from the house.
Re: In Which Construction Or Oil Company Can A Graduate Of Geophysics With 2.2 Work? by AjanleKoko: 11:03pm On Dec 26, 2011
kodewrita:

@joyceok. the greatest failure of YOUR ( our ) country is that graduates who worked and trained hard for that PAPER that you speak of, are left hanging. The young man asked for help to fulfil the dream of every graduate( working with your certificate in an organisation of your choice) not for self-elevating talk. Focus on the question and give an answer. Good thoughts tho but off-point.

Actually the dude has a good point, his obvious pointer to his blog notwithstanding.

@OP,
Lost of companies, not just Shell, employ 2:2 grads in that sector. Just keep looking.
Re: In Which Construction Or Oil Company Can A Graduate Of Geophysics With 2.2 Work? by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 18, 2012
Any prospects for someone with a Third Class in Applied Geophysics?
Re: In Which Construction Or Oil Company Can A Graduate Of Geophysics With 2.2 Work? by AlfcomEnergy(m): 2:43pm On Sep 26, 2012
Yes there are prospects for anyone with a third class degree all he/she needs to do is to develop his/her skills...get trained professionally....
www.alfcomenergy.com
Re: In Which Construction Or Oil Company Can A Graduate Of Geophysics With 2.2 Work? by Syenite(m): 10:18am On Apr 17, 2013
Where were you when your mates were reading and making good grades in school? Hope undergraduates are learning from this?
Re: In Which Construction Or Oil Company Can A Graduate Of Geophysics With 2.2 Work? by AlfcomEnergy(m): 4:21pm On May 02, 2013
Hurry now and make your reservations !!!

Alfcom Energy is now offering some discounted courses between the month of May and August based on request;

• Drilling Operations and Equipments

• Overview of Formation Evaluation

• Basics of the Petroleum Industry

• Well log Interpretation

• Introduction to Mud-logging

• Business in Water Technology

• Oil & Gas Business Operations (Upstream & Downstream)

• Geopressure and Pore Pressure Prediction Fundamentals

• Geology and Geophysics (G & G) Integrated Studies: Practical Approach

Please make your reservations and get more details by mailing us at: info@alfcomenergy.com
or call:
[img][/img]
+234-817-168-7888
+234-807-446-9031
+234-812-364-4639

(1) (Reply)

It's May Day: What Makes This Day Special For You? / Women To Wait 217 Years To Earn As Much As Men -report / Revealed: 10 Secrets To Making It In A Marketing Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.