Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,667 members, 7,801,923 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? (12890 Views)

Solomon Dalung's Nomination, Lots Of Love From Core Northerners. / Progressive Core Northerners Beginning To Question Real Cause Of Violence(read) / 33 Reasons Why Southern and MB Nigerians Are Foolish Than The Core-northerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Beaf: 2:59pm On Dec 25, 2011
Such a purge will be temporary, but necessary.

The calculation is simple. We need to be able to take on boko haram frontally, without any sentimental officers screwing the works or leaking secrets.
The purge should not be limited to the army, but must include all security institutions, from the SSS to the Police.

The constant drip of terrorism from Borno state, alongside the constant massacres due to herdsmen might best be tackled without command involvement of officers from the affected areas.

It is time to start taking a much more hardline stance. We cannot continue to have our joy turned into sorrow, our milk into rivers of blood and our newborns heads chopped in two.

The other alternative would be more blood to split the nation.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by rekeson: 3:04pm On Dec 25, 2011
Beaf:

The calculation is simple. We need to be able to take on boko haram frontally, without any sentimental officers screwing the works or leaking secrets.
The purge should not be limited to the army, but must include all security institutions, from the SSS to the Police.

The constant drip of terrorism from Borno state, alongside the constant massacres due to herdsmen might best be tackled without command involvement of officers from the affected areas.

It is time to start taking a much more hardline stance. We cannot continue to have our joy turned into sorrow, our milk into rivers of blood and our newborns heads chopped in two.

Spot on bro
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Knight1(m): 3:06pm On Dec 25, 2011
THAT WON'T BE CORRECT. YOU THINK THERE AREN'T PART OF THEM THAT HAVE SUFFERED CASUALTIES IN THEIR FAMILY AND FRIENDS,
BOKO HARAM HAS BACKERS, ANY POOR MUSLIM BOY WILL DO FOR THE ACTUAL BOMBING.
WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE IS TO DESTROY THE BACKERS
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Gboliwe: 3:09pm On Dec 25, 2011
Sounds like a solution to this every day rubbish!
I am a victim of these killings, so I can vent and rant as much as I can. It would'nt bring my dad back, but maybe it can give my soul momentary relief. So, excuse me.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 3:09pm On Dec 25, 2011
Welcome back to the reality. I have outlined a workable strategy and it should also include financially crippling the Northern Oligarchy. High profile arrest made and power should not return to the North for 52 years.https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-748575.0.html

Hate to say it, but Ojukwu and Nzeegwu officers pre-emptive coup against the North was not just political but to guard the interest of the nation from islamist, after the kaduna killing of igbo's. If only Nigerians standing, saw wat their military leaders had foreseen sitting. Today this animals would be quietly sitted in their place.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Nadanbata: 3:38pm On Dec 25, 2011
Africa as a whole has one of the highest road traffic death rates in the world, the WHO’s 2009 study determined. Nigeria saw more than 47,800 people killed in traffic crashes in 2007 alone, according to WHO statistics. That put it at No. 3 in the world

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1102395

lol you think Naija Govt gives a bleep? We should do this and that like its a functioning state. smh.

You see that figure? What does that tell you?
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Ejine(m): 3:48pm On Dec 25, 2011
Oga mi, you dey vex ooo! grin
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by EzeUche(m): 3:52pm On Dec 25, 2011
We need a more permanent solution Beaf.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/243350_nzeogwu_jpgb805d280a592a5a65dfc4334b17e4e74

This man had the right idea.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 25, 2011
how do you restrict a section of the country from joining theiq army? don't you think secession is way to go?
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by pingpong1: 4:51pm On Dec 25, 2011
@op, I thought you said American drones will take care of BH. If this is all you can come up with then you are no different from GEJ - bereft of a workable solution
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Beaf: 5:51pm On Dec 25, 2011
ping pong:

@op, I thought you said American drones will take care of BH. If this is all you can come up with then you are no different from GEJ - bereft of a workable solution

There's always the stup!d person like you to pop up and say stup!d things. Please go to a thread for boko haram sympathysers, this one isn't for stoneheads.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 25, 2011
Dont know how that can be possible as a Govenment policy.

I think the Solution is to grant Boko Haram their wish if the North does not coporate to tackle this problem.

Let those who want to live in Taliban styled Afghanistan be granted their wish and given their own country!
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Beaf: 6:29pm On Dec 25, 2011
mikeansy:

Dont know how that can be possible as a Govenment policy.

I think the Solution is to grant Boko Haram their wish if the North does not coporate to tackle this problem.

Let those who want to live in Taliban styled Afghanistan be granted their wish and given their own country!

Unfortunately, boko haram is asking that the entire country becomes a sharia entity, not just the core-North. So, if they cannot be purged from the army, it would take all out war to eject them from the country. A last gasp might be found in a national conference, but the fools would want to bomb that too.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Jakumo(m): 6:43pm On Dec 25, 2011
The Nigerian military high command, as well as the security services, are the last bastions of power for fundamentalist Islamic northern Nigeria, with most upper echelons of hierarchy STILL dominated by hand-picked officers of Hausa or Fulani tribal extraction.  It is thus probable that all military operations targetting fundamentalist Muslims will have been compromised at a tactical level even before they occur, thanks to uniformed terrorist sympathisers liberally scattered throughout the rank and file.

The notable absence of a massive security deployment in Nigeria's capital this Christmas day in 2011, despite public bomb threats issued by the Boko Haram terrorist gang against churches weeks ahead of time, suggests a level of complicity between the military and a murderous outlaw gang that probably exceeds anything even the president's security advisers would have imagined.  By the same token, the same military that seems so bashful to engage terrorist bomb plotters could suddenly spring to life in support of a coup and subsequent crackdown sponsored by desperate northern Islamists, if the armed forces top brass is not quickly DE-tribalized with the urgent replacement of its disproportionately large northern Hausa/Fulani demographic.

The hard-core northern Nigerian Islamic supremacist political elite, resolute in their desperation to govern and plunder Nigeria till hell freezes over, does realize that the heady days of massive election subversion may never return, and may thus be tempted to exploit traditional military connections in order to sieze power by force of arms, and impose a sulking sultan in uniform, just like in Nigeria's bad old days. A selective purge of the military officer class, precisely as reccommended by Beaf, would go a long way towards preventing this particular doomsday scenario from unfolding as planned.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Rhino5dm: 6:47pm On Dec 25, 2011
Well, i always go with intelligent infiltration of this animalistic-terrorist monsters, but am down with any solutions to put this mindless, callous, despicable acts of terrorism to stand still.

The boiling rage of taking out these pathetic animals is making feel i should return to the military.

My heart goes out to the love ones of those cut short by these animals.

This is really sad!!!
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by koruji(m): 6:59pm On Dec 25, 2011
This kind of write-up in public fora complicates the problems facing Nigeria.

Obviously, you don't realize what is involved in conducting such a purge or more importantly that it would never see the light of day.

What it will lead to is a another northern-led coup - [size=14pt]but that is the exact outcome BOKO HARAM and their sponsors are COUNTING ON.[/size]

Beaf:

Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by aurenflani: 7:15pm On Dec 25, 2011
go ahead with dis plan to purge d security of core northerners. in fact christianised the whole army and other security agencies of muslims. a slowpoke never thinks first b4 talking trash.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by cap28: 7:53pm On Dec 25, 2011
who is going to do that GEJ?

You seem to forget that the northerners make up the bulk of the army - majority of the senior army officers are northerners - are you expecting them to resign en masse?
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Beaf: 7:57pm On Dec 25, 2011
cap28:

You seem to forget that the northerners make up the bulk of the army - majority of the senior army officers are northerners - are you expecting them to resign en masse?

What part of purging allows for "resignation?" angry
Please understand before posting. A purge is a forceful or cunning mass ejection.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 25, 2011
cap28:

ROFLMAO. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA grin grin grin
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Beaf: 8:02pm On Dec 25, 2011
aurenflani:

go ahead with dis plan to purge d security of core northerners. in fact christianised the whole army and other security agencies of muslims. a slowpoke never thinks first b4 talking trash.

Purging the army off core-Northerners is not a religious thing, ok?

@topic
Another fundamental change that is required, well as the purge is to make nomadic cattle rearing illegal. Designated areas should be created for nomadic cattle rearers in their states of origin.
If any body is found herding cattle outside their state, they should be treated as boko haram and shot like common armed robbers.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by cap28: 8:05pm On Dec 25, 2011
Beaf:

What part of purging allows for "resignation?" angry
Please understand before posting. A purge is a forceful or cunning mass ejection.

okay - so who is going to lead this initiative - GEJ?

don't know if you know this but the hausa fulani oligarchy still run nigeria.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Onlytruth(m): 8:14pm On Dec 25, 2011
I was chilling at home enjoying my Christmas day (swearing I wasn't coming here today), but was jolted by the news on CNN about this bombing. So, here I am!

Bros Beaf, your idea about expelling core northerners from the army is "good" but I fear it would only aggravate the situation because those so removed will simply join the ranks of Boko Haram.

It has been my honest feelings for something, that the Nigerian army lowest ranks, i.e. those in the ranks from private to sergeant, are too Northern for my liking. The Northern dominance of those ranks proved devastating during the counter coup of 1966. It was really the main reason why the counter coup against Ironsi succeeded. It was also part of why the North Nigerian army won the following civil war.  

Someone close to Jonathan should have advised him to FLOOD the Nigerian army with southern (particularly Eastern and Mid-western) soldiers. My mark word, nothing can ever change in Nigeria power game until someone does this.  cool
When the North goes about with their "born to rule" mentality, the fact of their dominance of the bulk of the Nigerian army fighting force, is the only reason.

There are too many idle folks in the East and Midwest that needs a job in the army. If that is the only achievement GEJ records, he would have solved a MAJOR problem for Nigeria.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Beaf: 8:27pm On Dec 25, 2011
Onlytruth:

I was chilling at home enjoying my Christmas day (swearing I wasn't coming here today), but was jolted by the news on CNN about this bombing. So, here I am!

Bros Beaf, your idea about expelling core northerners from the army is "good" but I fear it would only aggravate the situation because those so removed will simply join the ranks of Boko Haram.

It has been my honest feelings for something, that the Nigerian army lowest ranks, i.e. those in the ranks from private to sergeant, are too Northern for my liking. The Northern dominance of those ranks proved devastating during the counter coup of 1966. It was really the main reason why the counter coup against Ironsi succeeded. It was also part of why the North Nigerian army won the following civil war.

Someone close to Jonathan should have advised him to FLOOD the Nigerian army with southern (particularly Eastern and Mid-western) soldiers. My mark word, nothing can ever change in Nigeria power game until someone does this. cool
When the North goes about with their "born to rule" mentality, the fact of their dominance of the bulk of the Nigerian army fighting force, is the only reason.

There are too many idle folks in the East and Midwest that needs a job in the army. If that is the only achievement GEJ records, he would have solved a MAJOR problem for Nigeria.

Firstly, I don't think that it would be an entirely bad thing for those purged from the army to join boko haram. It is certain that a good number are already proxy members and flushing them into the arms of boko haram would make the enemy more visible and locatable than when they operate from within the ranks of our military and police forces.

I quite subscribe to your idea of flooding the army with southerners (or creating parallel security groups). That too is a workable idea, however it will not solve the problem of who physically holds the key to the amoury, that will have to come through ejection or relocation.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Onlytruth(m): 8:28pm On Dec 25, 2011
A few years ago, when Obasanjo was removing some "politician soldiers", during which he removed some core Northern commanders while appointing middle belters, a friend of mine was rejoicing and shouting that Obasanjo had "decapitated" the North. I simply laughed at him because he did not understand that those people aren't the problem.

What Obasanjo did was to secure HIMSELF in power. He needed loyal officers, and he got them, while leaving the bigger national problem (northern domination of lower ranks in the army) intact. Partially, that was why the Northerners didn't even bother to topple him. They knew he did not change anything. They remain in power despite anything.

If GEJ wants to fundamentally change Nigeria, he must use Ihejirika to MASSIVELY boost the numbers of southern lowest ranks into the army. When the North wakes up to see an equal numbers of Northern and Southern LOWEST ranks, Boko Haram would die a natural death.  cool
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by cap28: 8:29pm On Dec 25, 2011
Onlytruth:

Someone close to Jonathan should have advised him to FLOOD the Nigerian army with southern (particularly Eastern and Mid-western) soldiers. My mark word, nothing can ever change in Nigeria power game until someone does this.  cool

bros you know very well that the bolded is impossible - it is not a coincidence that the northerners outnumber other nigerian ethnic groups in the army, especially at officer level  - as they say he who controls the army controls the country - GEJ has no power to retire any northern soldiers let alone vast numbers of northern soldiers.

You need to recognise that power remains firmly in the hands of the northerners - and GEJ himself knows it.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by pingpong1: 8:33pm On Dec 25, 2011
When you have people like Beaf advising GEJ, is it any surprise that we are not making any progress? Where is the CIA, Mossad, KGB and MI5 you promised us after the UN bombings?
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Onlytruth(m): 8:35pm On Dec 25, 2011
cap28:

bros you know very well that the bolded is impossible - it is not a coincidence that the northerners outnumber other nigerian ethnic groups in the army, especially at officer level  - as they say he who controls the army controls the country - GEJ has no power to retire any northern soldiers let alone vast numbers of northern soldiers.

You need to recognise that power remains firmly in the hands of the northerners - and GEJ himself knows it.

Yes, that is exactly my point, but I emphasize LOWEST RANKS.
Officers are relatively easy to control. All you need to do is retire them; frame them up for a "coup" and massively retire them. However, you still have to pull from the lowest ranks!

The North used the same strategy to corner the Nigerian judiciary (the bench). They plan WELL AHEAD. When was the last time we had a southern CJN? So, if anyone wants to change the power base, let him look TO THE GROUND, not up.

We need to FLOOD the lowest ranks with southerners (particularly those known for their ability to fight).  cool
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Beaf: 8:36pm On Dec 25, 2011
ping pong:

When you have people like Beaf advising GEJ, is it any surprise that we are not making any progress? Where is the CIA, Mossad, KGB and MI5 you promised us after the UN bombings?

And where did you learn that I advise GEJ? From your okija shrine?
There are too many sicko's on NL. embarassed
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Beaf: 8:39pm On Dec 25, 2011
Onlytruth:

Yes, that is exactly my point, but I emphasize LOWEST RANKS.
Officers are relatively easy to control. All you need to do is retire them; frame them up for a "coup" and massively retire them. However, you still have to pull from the lowest ranks!

The North used the same strategy to corner the Nigerian judiciary (the bench). They plan WELL AHEAD. When was the last time we had a southern CJN? So, if anyone wants to change the power base, let him look TO THE GROUND, not up.

We need to FLOOD the lowest ranks with southerners (particularly those known for their ability to fight). cool

You have a very solid point indeed. I doff my hat.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by EzeUche(m): 8:43pm On Dec 25, 2011
Nigeria needs to be split.

You all are trying to repair a leak in a ship, that has a much bigger hole.

I do not care how it is split, all I want to be is in a separate nation away from these parasites.
Re: Is It Not Time To Totally Purge The Army Off Core-northerners? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 25, 2011
EzeUche:

We need a more permanent solution Beaf.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/243350_nzeogwu_jpgb805d280a592a5a65dfc4334b17e4e74

This man had the right idea.

Very handsome man.This man Chukwuma Nzeogwu is definately the most handsome and one of the most couragious,intelligent nigerian military officer ever.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

WW3 Began On September 30th., 2015 / Naira Crisis Has Brought Hunger And Anger - Sultan Of Sokoto / Patience Jonathan Inaugurates 'NNS Thunder' A War Ship On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.