Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:06 AM

Vb.net Is Tryin To Frustrate My Programming Desire. Pls Help - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Vb.net Is Tryin To Frustrate My Programming Desire. Pls Help (1829 Views)

How Do I Improve My Programming Skills? / Tryin To Jailbreak My Ipad 2, But The Limera1n Is Frozen! / 10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vb.net Is Tryin To Frustrate My Programming Desire. Pls Help by VURN(m): 3:48pm On Dec 25, 2011
I developed an application with vb.net and ms access database and after creating the setup file for 32 bit and 64 bit operating system, the application run perfectly in 32 bit and can not run perfectly in 64 bit. It can read data from the database but can not write to it because it reads passwords and employee details from the database but can not edit or add new records. Pls help.
Re: Vb.net Is Tryin To Frustrate My Programming Desire. Pls Help by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 25, 2011
Are you sure it has nothing to do with the UAC?
Re: Vb.net Is Tryin To Frustrate My Programming Desire. Pls Help by Kobojunkie: 1:19am On Dec 27, 2011
How did you arrive at this being a problem with your deploying it to a 64bit environment then? Sounds a lot like a permissions issue considering you are able to read but simply not write or modify the database. Have you looked into this? And it also does not sound like a VB.NET issue as you claim.  Do you have access to Application Event Log/Event Viewer on the machine to see what errors are thrown at time of error? Check permissions on the SQL account you are using on the machine to make sure the user or role has read/write permission, or at least able to update or write records in addition to reading records.
Re: Vb.net Is Tryin To Frustrate My Programming Desire. Pls Help by Nobody: 6:23am On Dec 27, 2011
^^^That is what i am thinking too. From the little i remember of vb.net programming, if it were a User Account Control (UAC) permissions issue, i guess access to the dbases should be impossible completely.
Re: Vb.net Is Tryin To Frustrate My Programming Desire. Pls Help by avosoft: 8:55pm On Jan 05, 2012
two tips

first make sure the database is not in the same diretory as your app "Program Files folder"
second, your data base should be in the %AppsData% folder, under your company name

Extra tip, install the application as an Admin. Right click the App Setup and click " Install as Administartor"

regards

(1) (Reply)

Help! Student Result Database ERD / Join This Thread If You Want To Master Algorithms And Data Structures / SQL STUFF Function Equivalent For Microsoft Access Database

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.