Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,966 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1015) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1611593 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1012) (1013) (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) ... (2192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 10:14pm On Jul 04, 2018
Rockets not beating warriors anytime soon. They revealed their hand and the team not making any progress. Waiting to see how they replace Ariza
Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 12:36am On Jul 05, 2018
This Lakers summer league team. lipsrsealed

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:29am On Jul 05, 2018
etidy:
Lillard to the Lakers gaining traction shocked .
I say trade lonzo+Josh hart + 2 -3 picks for Lillard.

Lillard+Lebron+Kuzma+KCP+Ingram is a deadly core already. With rondo+stephenson+ Javale as a support cast. That team will do some damage this year. That team will beat the rockets
Then add kwahi in free agency next season.

They won't beat the Rockets. They will only make it into the playoffs. Lillard, McCollum and Nurkic could not beat a Bougieless Pelicans just once. They won't beat a Rockets team that will be > 55 wins but < 65 wins with this roster.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:30am On Jul 05, 2018
Manutd19:
Rockets not beating warriors anytime soon. They revealed their hand and the team not making any progress. Waiting to see how they replace Ariza

They will find pieces here and there but I don't think they will better what they did this season.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:32am On Jul 05, 2018
Cousins was offered $40m for 2 years while he was still injured but before the season ended. They tried to offer him $13M for 1 year now to see out his injury which is why he baulked. He would rather play on a team that will let him recuperate and possibly win a ring. With that on his resumé he can aim for a max or close elsewhere.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:34am On Jul 05, 2018
Canon Jack Wardell Jnr is born.

Just as I prophesied.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 10:25am On Jul 05, 2018
Eruditor:

They won't beat the Rockets. They will only make it into the playoffs. Lillard, McCollum and Nurkic could not beat a Bougieless Pelicans just once. They won't beat a Rockets team that will be > 55 wins but < 65 wins with this roster.

Lillard and Lebron James is far better than Harden and Cp3. Add Ingram, Kuzma, KCP, Rondo, Javale, Stephenson.
Houston ain't beating that line up. You guys underestimate the lebron factor because the warriors make him look human. I would have bet that lebron could have willed that shitty cavs team to victory against Houston if they made the finals this past season.
Beating lebron is not just skill wise but mental. Only few teams can do it in a playoff series.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:30pm On Jul 05, 2018
etidy:

Lillard and Lebron James is far better than Harden and Cp3. Add Ingram, Kuzma, KCP, Rondo, Javale, Stephenson.
Houston ain't beating that line up. You guys underestimate the lebron factor because the warriors make him look human. I would have bet that lebron could have willed that shitty cavs team to victory against Houston if they made the finals this past season.
Beating lebron is not just skill wise but mental. Only few teams can do it in a playoff series.

You are overestimating what Lebron did in the east. He scraped past Indiana and Boston. GSW lost 3 games to Rockets. Every player on that list cannot score for shit. Kuzma is still a regular season player and we have seen them fall off come crunch time. In this world and in the world to come CP3 is a better PG than Lillard ever will and I hate CP3. Of course Lebron James is better than Harden but Harden hurts a defence in more ways than Lebron can because he can actually shoot free throws and draw fouls. Of course Harden has better handles, shoots 3s better and cheats better. If Rockets had not swept Cavs had they met it would have been 4-1. The real NBA finals was the WCF.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 1:31pm On Jul 05, 2018
Eruditor:

You are overestimating what Lebron did in the east. He scraped past Indiana and Boston. GSW lost 3 games to Rockets. Every player on that list cannot score for shit. Kuzma is still a regular season player and we have seen them fall off come crunch time. In this world and in the world to come CP3 is a better PG than Lillard ever will and I hate CP3. Of course Lebron James is better than Harden but Harden hurts a defence in more ways than Lebron can because he can actually shoot free throws and draw fouls. Of course Harden has better handles, shoots 3s better and cheats better. If Rockets had not swept Cavs had they met it would have been 4-1. The real NBA finals was the WCF.

Lebron won a NBA title against 73 win golde state with Kyrie-lillard , Jr Smith - Kuzma, Kevin Love- Ingram .
None of those players played a playoff game before playing with lebron James.
This dude took 66 win golden state to 6 games with Jr, delladanova and mozgov grin

And you think they can't beat Houston rockets who has lost their best wing defender grin grin Lebron will roast Houston's front court.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:58pm On Jul 05, 2018
etidy:

Lebron won a NBA title against 73 win golde state with Kyrie-lillard , Jr Smith - Kuzma, Kevin Love- Ingram .
None of those players played a playoff game before playing with lebron James.
This dude took 66 win golden state to 6 games with Jr, delladanova and mozgov grin

And you think they can't beat Houston rockets who has lost their best wing defender grin grin Lebron will roast Houston's front court.

Revisionism is sweet ehn.

Lebron beat Golden State without Bogut, Green, an Injured Curry and without KD (plus god-awful refereeing). Rockets took that 16-1 team to game 7.

Lebron took a 67 win GSW to game 6 ekeing out games 2 and 3 by a total of 5 or 7points. Again, Kyrie played in the game 1 which Lebron lost in so it was actually better he played with Mosgov and Dellevadoa.

Ariza's presence is overrated. Man had one 19pt game against GSW and was 0 of 9 in game 7. If you think those names above will beat the Rockets team that played GSW you have a long thing coming.

And Kyrie is better than Damian Lillard. Go and watch Dame play Pelicans and convince yourself.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 6:30pm On Jul 05, 2018
Eruditor:

Revisionism is sweet ehn.

Lebron beat Golden State without Bogut, Green, an Injured Curry and without KD (plus god-awful refereeing). Rockets took that 16-1 team to game 7.

Lebron took a 67 win GSW to game 6 ekeing out games 2 and 3 by a total of 5 or 7points. Again, Kyrie played in the game 1 which Lebron lost in so it was actually better he played with Mosgov and Dellevadoa.

Ariza's presence is overrated. Man had one 19pt game against GSW and was 0 of 9 in game 7. If you think those names above will beat the Rockets team that played GSW you have a long thing coming.

And Kyrie is better than Damian Lillard. Go and watch Dame play Pelicans and convince yourself.

Bro i know you're not a lebtard but let's not revise history

1)Houston also eked out two of their three wins against holds state last season. Infact the warriors choked a fairly substantial lead in game 4 scoring only 15 in the fourth quarter and about 11 points in the first 13 mins of that quarter.
The warriors also lost game 5 by a last min poor shot by Quinn cook.

2) Kyrie got injured and didn't play over time in game 1 of the first series between warriors and cavs. So the warriors had the advantage especially since Kevin love was already out.

3)Kyrie has never achieved anything substantial without lebron, he couldn't even make the playoffs without him and I don't count last season because the young dogs clinched the playoffs berth without him. Llillard has willed his team to the playoffs ever since he got to the league. As far as I am concerned, kyrie and Millard are on the same level.

4) Ariza was massive against the warriors in game 4, his clutch shooting and defense against Durant keep houston in the game before Chris Paul took over.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:36pm On Jul 05, 2018
etidy:

Bro i know you're not a lebtard but let's not revise history

1)Houston also eked out two of their three wins against holds state last season. Infact the warriors choked a fairly substantial lead in game 4 scoring only 15 in the fourth quarter and about 11 points in the first 13 mins of that quarter.
The warriors also lost game 5 by a last min poor shot by Quinn cook.

2) Kyrie got injured and didn't play over time in game 1 of the first series between warriors and cavs. So the warriors had the advantage especially since Kevin love was already out.

3)Kyrie has never achieved anything substantial without lebron, he couldn't even make the playoffs without him and I don't count last season because the young dogs clinched the playoffs berth without him. Llillard has willed his team to the playoffs ever since he got to the league. As far as I am concerned, kyrie and Millard are on the same level.

4) Ariza was massive against the warriors in game 4, his clutch shooting and defense against Durant keep houston in the game before Chris Paul took over.

Yes, Rockets are not better than GSW. We are not disagreeing on that. But they are better than this Lakers roster above. Easy.

Kyrie was on beginning of OTbefore he got hurt and they were already down. Warriors had no advantage because they came back from double digits while Kyrie was on and lost the next 2 games without him.

Kyrie has the huge 3, 32, 41, 23 and 26 pts to help Cavs win. If you remove his effort you will have 2015 all over. Dame has not won a playoff series since whenever playing with Aldridge (before he left) and McCollum.

Kyrie plays through double teams better than Dame although I admit Dame shoots better.

Ariza was massive against who? Ariza was fouling out before 3rd Q in most games. What defense was he playing if he was fouling out? The player is decent but he was arse.

If you say Rockets without Capela then yea Lakers might have a slight advantage. But with CP3, Harden and Capela? They are beating that Lakers roster in max of 6games. Word.
Re: The NBA Begins by Dembele11(m): 10:01pm On Jul 05, 2018
Eruditor:

Yes, Rockets are not better than GSW. We are not disagreeing on that. But they are better than this Lakers roster above. Easy.

Kyrie was on beginning of OTbefore he got hurt and they were already down. Warriors had no advantage because they came back from double digits while Kyrie was on and lost the next 2 games without him.

Kyrie has the huge 3, 32, 41, 23 and 26 pts to help Cavs win. If you remove his effort you will have 2015 all over. Dame has not won a playoff series since whenever playing with Aldridge (before he left) and McCollum.

Kyrie plays through double teams better than Dame although I admit Dame shoots better.

Ariza was massive against who? Ariza was fouling out before 3rd Q in most games. What defense was he playing if he was fouling out? The player is decent but he was arse.

If you say Rockets without Capela then yea Lakers might have a slight advantage. But with CP3, Harden and Capela? They are beating that Lakers roster in max of 6games. Word.
nice analysis but cp3 is known for is inability to shut down a dead eye shooter...he only steals on PG that tries to dribble so Mr clutch go chop that match up... then capella will have his hands full with lebron, Gordon plays no D, and Harden lmao we that one plays efence no D, don’t forgot they will have rondo floor general, and might still keep lonzo i’m Not a lebum fan but I think Magic Johnson has a good game coming with this new lakers.. oh I forgot they have Stephenson (mr pain in the ass)
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 10:13pm On Jul 05, 2018
Lakers added like 3 very good defenders. And we've all seen playoff Rondo...

I think Lakers team is slightly below par with Rockets, widened more with the coaches. Still, either team winning a playoff series isn't going to be written as an upset...
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:12pm On Jul 05, 2018
Dembele11:
nice analysis but cp3 is known for is inability to shut down a dead eye shooter...he only steals on PG that tries to dribble so Mr clutch go chop that match up... then capella will have his hands full with lebron, Gordon plays no D, and Harden lmao we that one plays efence no D, don’t forgot they will have rondo floor general, and might still keep lonzo i’m Not a lebum fan but I think Magic Johnson has a good game coming with this new lakers.. oh I forgot they have Stephenson (mr pain in the ass)

Trust me I hate Rockets. But that Lakers Roster above will not win 65 games in the west so I don't know how to take the argument that Lebron is enough to let them beat the Rockets. I don't have enough empirical evidence to buy that argument.

Rondo won't be a floor general playing with Lebron. And nobody on that Roster can guard Harden the cheat. On the other hand, Capela can guard Lebron. Lebron struggles against quick and athletic Bigs and that is Capela. Besides, Javale McGee will not be used in that series as he will be abused on the PnR whilst defending.

And you have to admit that CP3 is better than Rondo for the simple fact that he can shoot. Rondo is super intelligent but CP3 is at worst a notch under in that aspect so for now, I am not convinced that Ariza is the reason Rockets will be sub 55 and Lakers super 55 which Lebron could not even get Klove and co to do last season. I know regular season wins are not much to go by but they are fair indicators.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:57am On Jul 06, 2018
Congrats to Steph. you know a nigga is desperate for a son when you name your daughters Riley and Ryan
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:03am On Jul 06, 2018
etidy:

With wastemen like Tristan Thompson? His second best player was Dion Waiters FFS. Either way you do realize the Cavs don't win without Kyrie who outplayed everybody in Warriors uniform

Lillard has been on better teams and while he might be a more balanced player Kyrie is flat out unguardable and is definitely better offensively
Re: The NBA Begins by Dembele11(m): 6:57am On Jul 06, 2018
Eruditor:

Trust me I hate Rockets. But that Lakers Roster above will not win 65 games in the west so I don't know how to take the argument that Lebron is enough to let them beat the Rockets. I don't have enough empirical evidence to buy that argument.

Rondo won't be a floor general playing with Lebron. And nobody on that Roster can guard Harden the cheat. On the other hand, Capela can guard Lebron. Lebron struggles against quick and athletic Bigs and that is Capela. Besides, Javale McGee will not be used in that series as he will be abused on the PnR whilst defending.

And you have to admit that CP3 is better than Rondo for the simple fact that he can shoot. Rondo is super intelligent but CP3 is at worst a notch under in that aspect so for now, I am not convinced that Ariza is the reason Rockets will be sub 55 and Lakers super 55 which Lebron could not even get Klove and co to do last season. I know regular season wins are not much to go by but they are fair indicators.

Lol who knew this jazz side will make it to playoffs even cruising part Westbrook okc or Celtics that made it without Kyrie and Hayward Let’s just chill it’s the nba bro where amazing happens
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 8:31am On Jul 06, 2018
Dembele11:

Lol who knew this jazz side will make it to playoffs even cruising part Westbrook okc or Celtics that made it without Kyrie and Hayward Let’s just chill it’s the nba bro where amazing happens

Lol. We been knew. If you no dey watch NBA, that one might have been an upset, for you

Na only Celtics own be the overachievers

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:49am On Jul 06, 2018
Decale:

Lol. We been knew. If you no dey watch NBA, that one might have been an upset, for you

We didnt know.. grin grin grin

Long time bro...How your end?
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 11:19am On Jul 06, 2018
@Eruditor......

You actually believe that Lakers roster won't beat the Rockets?

Lillard LeBron Ingram? Individual ability alone I go with the Lakers but waiting to see how they play and what system (hopefully not the LeBron James system).

Reason why I feared and chose the rockets against warriors last playoff is their 3 points shooting. Damn they are good at it. That's the only advantage I see here against that Lakers team. Take away their 3 points and that Lakers team of Lillard Ingram will beat them in 6.
Re: The NBA Begins by Dembele11(m): 11:50am On Jul 06, 2018
Decale:

Lol You knew a rookie was gon drag a team to the playoffs...? Common man let’s just chill and watch let’s not over analyze.

Meanwhile What Do you think about Mamba coming back to team up with James?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 2:16pm On Jul 06, 2018
Dembele11:

Lol You knew a rookie was gon drag a team to the playoffs...? Common man let’s just chill and watch let’s not over analyze.

Go back previous pages during the playoffs and see predictions. Check Twitter also...

OKC's fate was sealed when Gobert and Spyda ran numbers the last half of the season

I even made $175 from the prediction. $327 more if Jazz had won in 7. Lol
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 7:51pm On Jul 06, 2018
Please someone confirm for me..I heard Melo is out shocked shocked shocked shocked

Presti, am on my knees begging...Try and get Kawhi... cry cry cry
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 9:01pm On Jul 06, 2018
Tony Parker Out
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:50am On Jul 07, 2018
aliondo:
Please someone confirm for me..I heard Melo is out shocked shocked shocked shocked

Yup he's out, I'm sure they threatened him with bench role
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:52am On Jul 07, 2018
Tony Parker to the Hornets. These are really interesting times!! Perhaps a move to placate Kawhi
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:38am On Jul 07, 2018
A40:
Tony Parker to the Hornets. These are really interesting times!! Perhaps a move to placate Kawhi

Tony had no issues with Kawhi, the media successfully exaggerated his comment when he said his injury was worse than Kawhi which was true. It did not mean Kawhi did not feel worse or bad either. I am very disappointed at how Kawhi has managed this situation, it is quite immature and unprofessional in my opinion.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:50am On Jul 07, 2018
aliondo:

Your wage bill don already high pass anything.
Forget kawhi, won't happen.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:42am On Jul 07, 2018
Roland17:

Tony had no issues with Kawhi, the media successfully exaggerated his comment when he said his injury was worse than Kawhi which was true. It did not mean Kawhi did not feel worse or bad either. I am very disappointed at how Kawhi has managed this situation, it is quite immature and unprofessional in my opinion.
Don't be so sure. Quiet people na them dey nurse grudge pass oh! The truth is the Spurs are between a rock and a hard place as they have overplayed their hand and the entire league looks to be calling their bluff! If I'm an NBA GM Kawhi is just not worth the risk, so the Spurs likely may not get the windfall of assets they are expecting unless a really dumb GM steps in to mortgage the future of his team hence the Spurs would do any gesture however little to try and sway Kawhi
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:50am On Jul 09, 2018
SIRcumalot:

Your wage bill don already high pass anything.
Forget kawhi, won't happen.

Good to hear from you bro...

I thought letting go of Melo has reduced the wage bill?
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 10:04am On Jul 09, 2018
Who has All Star in his team that they're not using?

This Zach Levine offer messed up my weekend

(1) (2) (3) ... (1012) (1013) (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) ... (2192) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Android17 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.