Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1016) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1615285 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1013) (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) ... (2198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 12:03pm On Jul 09, 2018
aliondo:

Good to hear from you bro...

I thought letting go of Melo has reduced the wage bill?
I dey Jare.
You are still on the hook for the money no be trade.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:32pm On Jul 09, 2018
Decale:
Who has All Star in his team that they're not using?

This Zach Levine offer messed up my weekend
Lmaooo una don commit to dunk merchant instead of tanking some more, truth be told if he left y'all would be left with nothing from the Butler trade so the extension is understandable. Just got to keep praying he improves his scoring efficiency
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 4:52pm On Jul 09, 2018
A40:
Lmaooo una don commit to dunk merchant instead of tanking some more, truth be told if he left y'all would be left with nothing from the Butler trade so the extension is understandable. Just got to keep praying he improves his scoring efficiency

Baba, it's not ooo

Regardless of our cap space, we're just opening opportunities for bums to take advantage of this loophole which ultimately will hurt our building process. Forman is relaxing a little during this off season and I hate it

Why am I complaining? Look at Bucks that have an easier access to the East getting Brook Lopez. Ko serious rara. Smdh
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:10am On Jul 11, 2018
Lord pls defeat this melo to htown movement. Disgrace them abeg lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 10:15am On Jul 11, 2018
birdman:
Lord pls defeat this melo to htown movement. Disgrace them abeg lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

he may turn out good..we dash u bro

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by HouseOfWine: 7:53pm On Jul 12, 2018
Melo would be a very good addition 2 Htown, He would add extra arsenal to their 3pt offense however Rockets still need a good defender to compliment loss of Mbah and Ariza...
Re: The NBA Begins by HouseOfWine: 8:04pm On Jul 12, 2018
Also I would really love the NBA to revamp their playoff format to top 16 in the overall standings to enter playoffs.. The playoffs would be more balanced and less blowouts

But i doubt we will see it soon, Americans really like conference format in basically all their sports if not all...
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 5:00am On Jul 13, 2018
Rooting for Thomas this year.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:50am On Jul 14, 2018
Isaiah Thomas is the reason why no fan should chat BS about loyalty again. In a way I don't blame Ainge for doing what he had to do but in the end it's good for even the fans to know that its strictly business out there

I hope Jimmy Butler knows what he's doing turning down $110m for 4 years. Of course if he plays well he could potentially score $190m over 5. On the flip side if he gets injured or plays poorly he could be royally phucked

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:39am On Jul 14, 2018
A40:
Isaiah Thomas is the reason why no fan should chat BS about loyalty again. In a way I don't blame Ainge for doing what he had to do but in the end it's good for even the fans to know that its strictly business out there

I hope Jimmy Butler knows what he's doing turning down $110m for 4 years. Of course if he plays well he could potentially score $190m over 5. On the flip side if he gets injured or plays poorly he could be royally phucked
Real stuff man . As much as I didn't like his loud mouth, I feel bad for him. I'm rooting hard for him.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:13am On Jul 17, 2018
SmooshCHN:
Real stuff man . As much as I didn't like his loud mouth, I feel bad for him. I'm rooting hard for him.

I now find it hard to diss cp3 for not taking a pay cut. Cuz at the end of d day, its a business. Get yours while you can. Dont play through injury to impress fans. And be careful what you say when times are good. It will be used against you.

I hope this turns to a feel good story for IT. But I doubt it. Brad is a special coach. He made a pg that likes to jack up shots valuable. 29 other coaches dont have this temperament or insight

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:25am On Jul 17, 2018
IT was just unlucky. A cruel mixture of age, lack of size and injury just screwed him over.

I also think he might need to consider getting a new agent, $2m for a guy like IT in today's league is a crying disgrace
Re: The NBA Begins by HouseOfWine: 1:49pm On Jul 18, 2018
Kahwi to Raptors..? Pukes... He better just do 1 year there!

DeRozan to San Antonio

If this happens San Antonio got the better deal

Raptors need a 3rd wheel to complete Lowry/Kahwi if not Eastern Semis at best..but hell what do i know?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 3:03pm On Jul 18, 2018
Spurs got Demar.

Interesting.

Demar, Aldrige, and a good young core. Good enough to beat the lakers?

Lakers might really not get past 1st or 2nd round.

Btw dont mess with pop, Trade the dude all the way to another country grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2018
HouseOfWine:
Kahwi to Raptors..? Pukes... He better just do 1 year there!

DeRozan to San Antonio

If this happens San Antonio got the better deal

Raptors need a 3rd wheel to complete Lowry/Kahwi if not Eastern Semis at best..but hell what do i know?
Heard Danny Green is involved too..
Re: The NBA Begins by HouseOfWine: 5:55pm On Jul 18, 2018
aliondo:

Heard Danny Green is involved too..

Am not that too concerned somewhat, i guess because we all know how the spurs are: work hard and tactically v. good. My question is how our 9ja brother Masai thinks he can encourage Kahwi to stay after 1 year cus if they dont get another quality offensive talented player to join em, monetary wise its a loss somewhat .. And honestly how many NBA guys are thrilled to go up to Canada talkless of superstars?

Bro Danny is just a pawn in their transfer game nothing significant ..
Re: The NBA Begins by HouseOfWine: 6:03pm On Jul 18, 2018
donlittle25:
Spurs got Demar.

Interesting.

Demar, Aldrige, and a good young core. Good enough to beat the lakers?

Lakers might really not get past 1st or 2nd round.

Btw dont mess with pop, Trade the dude all the way to another country grin grin grin grin

Left to Pop he wouldn't do that cos of personal relationship IMO but the front office are more cruel, lol, last thing they need is the West to be the Super League of basketball worldwide ( as if it wasnt really)..Lol Irving without injury should have no reason to enter Eastern Finals if not...

And as for those Staples Center residents am sorry bro but BronLakers will pass at least 1st round, lets pay respect to whom its due.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:19pm On Jul 18, 2018
I hope our Nigerian brother Masai knows what he is doing. Demar might be suffering from Bronphobia but he's still a mighty good player and definitely a top 5 guy at his position. We don't know for sure if Kawhi ever regains his previous level of play and if he does sef what if he doesn't extend?

Toronto might be a lottery team in the nearest future.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:24pm On Jul 18, 2018
HouseOfWine:

Am not that too concerned somewhat, i guess because we all know how the spurs are: work hard and tactically v. good. My question is how our 9ja brother Masai thinks he can encourage Kahwi to stay after 1 year cus if they dont get another quality offensive talented player to join em, monetary wise its a loss somewhat .. And honestly how many NBA guys are thrilled to go up to Canada talkless of superstars?

Bro Danny is just a pawn in their transfer game nothing significant ..
Perhaps Pop works on Demar's mental side! Thus far I think the Spurs got the better deal, even offloading Danny Green's contract to boot.

The Raptors have much more to lose
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 7:28pm On Jul 18, 2018
A40:
Perhaps Pop works on Demar's mental side! Thus far I think the Spurs got the better deal, even offloading Danny Green's contract to boot.

The Raptors have much more to lose
I agree with you bro...I feel the Spurs won this deal....
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2018
A40:
I hope our Nigerian brother Masai knows what he is doing. Demar might be suffering from Bronphobia but he's still a mighty good player and definitely a top 5 guy at his position. We don't know for sure if Kawhi ever regains his previous level of play and if he does sef what if he doesn't extend?

Toronto might be a lottery team in the nearest future.

Remember when I asked you what the Raptors should do after the horrible post season? I remember suggesting breaking this team and I am glad they listened.
Maybe, Masai should have given the current core of the Raptors another chance in a Lebronless eastern conference but again, I personally don’t have a problem with the trade. Neither Demar or Lowry have shown up when it mattered most for the Raps. I will not keep both players on max knowing they lack the killer instinct to dominate during the post season. Kawhi gives them a different perspective, style and cap space they may need in the future.
Demar was tooooo comfortable in Toronto and that has been his undoing and the reason why I had no problems with the Raptors letting D.Casey leave. Demar’s talent stagnated last season and I believe he needs a successful and no nonsense coach like Popovic to get him humble and hungry again.
The Spurs looks good especially with the Aldridge/ Demar combination but I think this was the best decision for the Raptors.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:10pm On Jul 18, 2018
HouseOfWine:

Left to Pop he wouldn't do that cos of personal relationship IMO but the front office are more cruel, lol, last thing they need is the West to be the Super League of basketball worldwide ( as if it wasnt really)..Lol Irving without injury should have no reason to enter Eastern Finals if not...

And as for those Staples Center residents am sorry bro but BronLakers will pass at least 1st round, lets pay respect to whom its due.

Playing more regular season games and heavy minutes in the post season took 2 years out of Lebron’s remaining career in my opinion. The west is a different animal and while I don’t doubt his ability, it may be daunting in the western conference. The Lakers will make the playoffs but I am not sure Bron can back the Lakers past the first round.
Re: The NBA Begins by HouseOfWine: 10:04pm On Jul 18, 2018
Roland17:

Playing more regular season games and heavy minutes in the post season took 2 years out of Lebron’s remaining career in my opinion. The west is a different animal and while I don’t doubt his ability, it may be daunting in the western conference. The Lakers will make the playoffs but I am not sure Bron can back the Lakers past the first round.

I made the mistake doubting him last couple of seasons... Lebron like CR7 take good care of themselves physically and mentally, when we think they should be regressing they actually more or less remain successful stagnantly..

Who are your Western top 8 so far, not accordingly?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:04pm On Jul 18, 2018
Roland17:

Remember when I asked you what the Raptors should do after the horrible post season? I remember suggesting breaking this team and I am glad they listened.
Maybe, Masai should have given the current core of the Raptors another chance in a Lebronless eastern conference but again, I personally don’t have a problem with the trade. Neither Demar or Lowry have shown up when it mattered most for the Raps. I will not keep both players on max knowing they lack the killer instinct to dominate during the post season. Kawhi gives them a different perspective, style and cap space they may need in the future.
Demar was tooooo comfortable in Toronto and that has been his undoing and the reason why I had no problems with the Raptors letting D.Casey leave. Demar’s talent stagnated last season and I believe he needs a successful and no nonsense coach like Popovic to get him humble and hungry again.
The Spurs looks good especially with the Aldridge/ Demar combination but I think this was the best decision for the Raptors.
Not by losing their most steady and reliable performer bruh in return for a guy who might not even extend!! Their biggest problem has left the conference and going into the season they had a puncher's chance of coming out of it.

Demar's issue was mostly mental because he had improved on his shooting, facilitating and even on defense. Bear in mind DeRozan was on a $27.3m deal which in today's market is a bargain and after this incoming year Lowry had one more year to run

Kawhi alone is not going to put these Raptors over Boston, and that's with the assumption he has made a full on court recovery. This for me is the biggest issue for Toronto with this trade. I would have waited another year to see if Kawhi even makes a full recovery.

If I'm San Antone I'm dancing with glee! I don't have to pay a malcontent who might still be hurt max and I'm getting an inferior but still a franchise player and all-star for a fantastic contract, offlloading Danny Green's money and getting a pick plus a solid young forward
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:11am On Jul 19, 2018
HouseOfWine:

I made the mistake doubting him last couple of seasons... Lebron like CR7 take good care of themselves physically and mentally, when we think they should be regressing they actually more or less remain successful stagnantly..

Who are your Western top 8 so far, not accordingly?

I absolutely agree with you about Bron, even his biggest critics would have a difficult time denying his greatness at this age.
That being said, you can not deny there is a huge disparity in the level of competition/ intensity between both conferences in the NBA. The Lakers are not as stacked and experienced like the Cavs in my opinion even with their recent additions. This is where I am worried Bron may struggle. The Lakers can not afford to allow Bron play heavy minutes like he did in Cleveland and that is why moves for a traditional PG like Rondo does not shock me. The idea is to reduce the amount of work Bron will shoulder on the court.
In the history of the NBA, “Father Time” is undefeated and that is not changing. You referenced CR7, have you noticed that CR7 has modified his game to fit his current age? He is more realistic with his body and does not isolate himself as much as he did when he was younger.

In no particular order except for the 1st two.

Warriors
Rockets
Spurs
Jazz
OKC
Timberwolves
Lakers
Pelicans

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 12:18am On Jul 19, 2018
The trade is fine for the raptors.
If kawhi stays they get a supreme talent who they can build around (assume his healthy) if he leaves,then they have gotten off paying demar around 30million a year for a team that won't do much.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:31am On Jul 19, 2018
SIRcumalot:
The trade is fine for the raptors.
If kawhi stays they get a supreme talent who they can build around (assume his healthy) if he leaves,then they have gotten off paying demar around 30million a year for a team that won't do much.

My thoughts exactly. I don’t regard Demar as a supreme talent especially when compared with Kawhi even if it is a one year rental. I am inclined to believe Kawhi will be tempted to stay in the east. If he does not stay healthy, the Raps are in a stronger position anyways. I think Demar needs this move because he has been babied for too long in Toronto.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:56am On Jul 19, 2018
Roland17:

My thoughts exactly. I don’t regard Demar as a supreme talent especially when compared with Kawhi even if it is a one year rental. I am inclined to believe Kawhi will be tempted to stay in the east. If he does not stay healthy, the Raps are in a stronger position anyways. I think Demar needs this move because he has been babied for too long in Toronto.

A good thing for derozan imo. Too comfortable in toronto. I think masai ujiri has put a target on himself with this move. Bold, and dangerous
Re: The NBA Begins by Horus(m): 10:10am On Jul 19, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkJLwBCGxqc

USA Team best Plays against Nigeria

Best Play USA national team against Nigeria on Olympic Games in London 2012
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:47pm On Jul 19, 2018
Thank you D. Ainge for rewarding Smart. He deserves to remain a Celtic. 4 year, 53 million dollar deal

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:05am On Jul 20, 2018
The internet has no chill..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 8:28am On Jul 20, 2018
Melo traded for Schroeder.....hmmmmm

To be honest,i didnt watch much of Schroeder last season,so i cant really analyse this trade....Guys in the house,you can help out...

(1) (2) (3) ... (1013) (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) ... (2198) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.