Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1616498 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (2199) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by addempsea(m): 2:18am On Dec 15, 2014
Golden state's 15 match win streak is on the line!
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 3:24am On Dec 15, 2014
Kobe bryant has surpassed MJ on the alltime scoring list!!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Morkavictor: 7:41am On Dec 15, 2014
akinsadeez:

#Heatnation here. I am really hoping we win tonight even though the form of the team has been basically shi.t. Spoelstra hasn't been able to find a solution to the constant defensive breakdowns.
we lost,but i hope the defense will be worked on.
Re: The NBA Begins by Morkavictor: 7:43am On Dec 15, 2014
joephemzyz:
Kobe bryant has surpassed MJ on the alltime scoring list!!
congratulation to him.He should try taking less shots and do more passing.
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 3:47pm On Dec 15, 2014
Kobe!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:53pm On Dec 15, 2014
Kobe Bryant! What a legend! You knew he wanted to pass his idol by any means necessary (taking a gazillion shots) but you can't deny greatness

akinsadeez:

#Heatnation here. I am really hoping we win tonight even though the form of the team has been basically shi.t. Spoelstra hasn't been able to find a solution to the constant defensive breakdowns.
Heat fans still dey? That's good to see! I honestly thought they all left with Lebron

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 12:13am On Dec 16, 2014
KAJ's record points haul will never be beaten in my anyone's lifetime. It's just unreal.
Re: The NBA Begins by akinsadeez(m): 7:22am On Dec 16, 2014
A40:
Kobe Bryant! What a legend! You knew he wanted to pass his idol by any means necessary (taking a gazillion shots) but you can't deny greatness

Heat fans still dey? That's good to see! I honestly thought they all left with Lebron

We still dey o. I was already supporting the heat before LeBron came to join us. I fell in love with the heat during the first heat-Mavericks finals which Heat won and was still supporting them even in the terrible years after that when Dwade was d only one carrying the load until the Big three came about.

Kobe has always been about hunting down M.J on every statistical list possible. I am sure he would give anything to win a sixth championship and draw level with M.J on that point too. Sadly it doesn't look like that will happen before he retires. Taking a gazillion shots will not bring him a sixth title.
Re: The NBA Begins by akinsadeez(m): 7:27am On Dec 16, 2014
Morkavictor:
congratulation to him.He should try taking less shots and do more passing.

The problem is, who will he pass to? If Kobe were to be on a team like Spurs or Cavaliers or the former big three Heat then he would have to force himself to share the ball for the team to be successful. But on this current team, apart from Nick young the other players aren't really good (including Jeremy Lin). Sometimes when I watch their game you see that most times he has to take that many shots just to keep his team in the game because the other players aren't up to it.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 7:31am On Dec 16, 2014
akinsadeez:

The problem is, who will he pass to? If Kobe were to be on a team like Spurs or Cavaliers or the former big three Heat then he would have to force himself to share the ball for the team to be successful. But on this current team, apart from Nick young the other players aren't really good (including Jeremy Lin). Sometimes when I watch their game you see that most times he has to take that many shots just to keep his team in the game because the other players aren't up to it.
Truth!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 9:25am On Dec 16, 2014
akinsadeez:

Even when he was surrounded by superstars he still takes too many shots its not like he started it this season, am not condemning or anything since this style of play has worked well so far.
Re: The NBA Begins by Morkavictor: 11:03am On Dec 17, 2014
SIRcumalot:

Even when he was surrounded by superstars he still takes too many shots its not like he started it this season, am not condemning or anything since this style of play has worked well so far.
that why he is number 1 on missed shots.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:06am On Dec 19, 2014
Good bye R. Rondo...

I did not expect him to stay i have said that severally, the move was inevitable and I am glad he joined the Mavs even though his combo with Monta Ellis worries me..

The Mavs with this trade have become a championship or bust team..good to see Dirk get help and Chandler would get more buckets..

The last piece of the puzzle that won the championship in 2008 has finally left..

Thanks for the moments, for the breath taking passes for the zeal and commitment to the green jersey..wish you all the best..
Re: The NBA Begins by Morkavictor: 9:17am On Dec 19, 2014
Roland17:
Good bye R. Rondo...
I did not expect him to stay i have said that severally, the move was inevitable and I am glad he joined the Mavs even though his combo with Monta Ellis worries me..
The Mavs with this trade have become a championship or bust team..good to see Dirk get help and Chandler would get more buckets..
The last piece of the puzzle that won the championship in 2008 has finally left..
Thanks for the moments, for the breath taking passes for the zeal and commitment to the green jersey..wish you all the best..
they got rondo in exchange of 3 players and some draft pick.mavs brench will be weak now that mean to much pressure on the starting 5.
Re: The NBA Begins by raumdeuter: 2:53pm On Dec 20, 2014
Welcome Rajon
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:56pm On Dec 20, 2014
Wow I didn't expect the Heat to suck this badly despite losing Lebron lol looks like he saw the demise coming

Morkavictor:
they got rondo in exchange of 3 players and some draft pick.mavs brench will be weak now that mean to much pressure on the starting 5.
If Rondo can stay healthy he is well worth the players that left, there are a few cheap frontcourt pieces that could be added to the team to help add depth.

Rondo's addition instantly improves the D as he is pesky and can guard the perimeter. I don't know about instant championship contenders but at least the 2nd round and from there anything can happen
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 12:37am On Dec 21, 2014
Miami will still make the playoffs, Bosh absent has affected the team even though Wade balled hard in their recent losses
Re: The NBA Begins by Injera(f): 1:23pm On Dec 21, 2014
Please can somebody kindly tell me when you get to see this matches.supersport 7 and 9 don't always show the match ups.
So what time am able to see them.thanks
Re: The NBA Begins by addempsea(m): 5:58pm On Dec 21, 2014
Injera:
Please can somebody kindly tell me when you get to see this matches.supersport 7 and 9 don't always show the match ups.
I don't watch, just watch highlights on youtube.
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 6:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
Injera:

Eww I dunno......na startimes I dey use follow nba o...since espn went off.......startimes...nba tv allday cool stuff
Re: The NBA Begins by Morkavictor: 11:04am On Dec 22, 2014
SIRcumalot:
Miami will still make the playoffs, Bosh absent has affected the team even though Wade balled hard in their recent losses
Re: The NBA Begins by Morkavictor: 11:04am On Dec 22, 2014
Is a good thing spo is giving our young lads some playing time especially ennis.hope bosh and wade will be healthy for the xmas day match with the cavs.
Re: The NBA Begins by will007: 1:02pm On Dec 23, 2014
shaqtin'a fool...#kyrieIrving
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 7:50am On Dec 24, 2014
Sweet victory against the League-best Warriors(23-4) now...did it even without Kobe.

#Lakers Allday Everyday
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:23pm On Dec 24, 2014
kliq:
Sweet victory against the League-best Warriors(23-4) now...did it even without Kobe.

#Lakers Allday Everyday

Swaggy P and R. Price were unstoppable last night especially from three, good to see them do it without Kobe, how about em Sixers? Coming from a large deficit to dump the heats in Miami.. As for me and the Celtics, we came very close to defeating the Magic after falling behind by 23 ealier in the first and parts of the second..

Looking forward to Xmas day games.
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 3:19pm On Dec 24, 2014
Roland17:

Swaggy P and R. Price were unstoppable last night especially from three, good to see them do it without Kobe, how about em Sixers? Coming from a large deficit to dump the heats in Miami.. As for me and the Celtics, we came very close to defeating the Magic after falling behind by 23 ealier in the first and parts of the second..

Looking forward to Xmas day games.

I didn't see the games live though but it's crazy how the Sixers came from 23pts down to beat the Heat,Chris Bosh's absence means the workload is on D-Wade.... i'm so loving the competitiveness in the Eastern Conference unlike the previous season.
For the Lakers it was a great game with Kobe sitting out,boozer dropping 18pts off the bench....Ronnie and Nick Young played so well,the team can get better if they play right at the defensive end of the floor.

#LakersNation
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 3:24pm On Dec 24, 2014
25th

WHS vs NY
OKC vs SA
CLE vs MIA
LAL vs CHI cool
GS vs LAC

Tight fixtures on Xmas day
Re: The NBA Begins by addempsea(m): 11:31am On Dec 25, 2014
Very funny!

Re: The NBA Begins by akinsadeez(m): 2:47pm On Dec 25, 2014
I'm really dreading this Cleveland game today. This heat team is currently piss poor especially on defense. We have gone back to the pre-big three 'wade or bust' system. When it comes to to clutch times, teams simply double or even triple up on wade and d guy just keeps chucking up dem shots. Wade dat rarely shot three pointers during the big three era is now shooting multiple threes per game. The loss of ray Allen from the team was a big blow as he was a very reliable bench scorer and clutch shooter. Norris Cole and Mario Chalmers (in my opinion) aren't good enough as point guards. Very unreliable players. When they play well in one game, they follow it up with about 5 poor games. I don't know why Pat Riley hasn't thought about trading them and getting an elite point guard.

I just hope LeBron and Cavs will at least have mercy even if they win. This game might be a brutal blow out.
Re: The NBA Begins by Morkavictor: 10:26am On Dec 26, 2014
Class act by heat fans,thanking lebron for the four years he spent in south beach.wade and deng played well for the win against clev.
Re: The NBA Begins by akinsadeez(m): 1:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
Phew. Wasn't expecting the win but the players raised their game. Almost blew the win but, upwards and onwards
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:48pm On Dec 30, 2014
akinsadeez:
Phew. Wasn't expecting the win but the players raised their game. Almost blew the win but, upwards and onwards
You sold your boys short! Wade was a beast that night! I really don't know why you guys are underperforming this year in the weaker Eastern Conference

Nowitzki now 8th all-time highest scorer. Rondo is looking
good too and so is Chandler Parsons though I still want to see how they fare against the big boys, the record thus far is abysmal. I hope they get the chemistry together because this is arguably the best starting five in the league

I saw the Cavs vs Pistons game and oh boy those guys got destroyed! When I saw Brandon Jennings making 3's anyhow I knew the Cavs were phucked

It seems those guys don't respect the coach! From Lebron's comments you can tell he thinks he knows more than the coach

Injera:
Wednesdays and Sundays usually, they did break protocol on Christmas day sha cos I saw Wizards @ Knicks and OKC @ San Antone

SS6, SS9 and Select is where I see these games

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (2199) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: will007 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.