Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1616771 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (2199) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 3:46am On Mar 19, 2015
OKC still rolling even with ibaka out for 6weeks....Westbrook went for 36/10/5,back to the 8th spot.

Bucks,Heat,Celtics,Pacers and Hornets struggling for the 7th/8th spot in the EC
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 8:09am On Mar 20, 2015
Lakers breaking all the wrong records,this Lakers' era"less" is just a big letdown to the history of the Franchise, they just hit 50-loss mark which is only the fifth time in the History of the Franchise.
I hope they don't extend that 60 angry

#LakersNation
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:26pm On Mar 20, 2015
It was the James Harden show last night, he owned the NBA highlight last night against the Nuggets, dropping 50 points, his new career high to buttress his push for the MVP..

He leads the NBA with most points scored this season.
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 10:25pm On Mar 21, 2015
Nash retires cry
Re: The NBA Begins by Morkavictor: 5:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
Houston vs okc tonight.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:38pm On Apr 06, 2015
James Harden certainly solidifying his claim for the MVP title. Been on a tear these last few weeks though I still have a hunch he might implode come playoff time

San Antonio look really dangerous right about now. I don't know how Gregg Pop does it, just when you think they are done they bounce back in spectacular fashion. Really makes you wonder if he's not arguably the G.O.A.T if not only for his longevity and consistency
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 3:19pm On Apr 07, 2015
A40:
James Harden certainly solidifying his claim for the MVP title. Been on a tear these last few weeks though I still have a hunch he might implode come playoff time

San Antonio look really dangerous right about now. I don't know how Gregg Pop does it, just when you think they are done they bounce back in spectacular fashion. Really makes you wonder if he's not arguably the G.O.A.T if not only for his longevity and consistency

Spurs looking real good,right time to step-up...they beginning to look like the championship team of last season's playoff.
With 4-6 games left for each team we have 5 teams tussling for the last two playoffs spots in Eastern conference and 2teams for the 8 spot in the WC.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:09pm On Apr 07, 2015
Is Popovic the greatest of all time? That is arguable, infact he has earned the right to be in the conversation, he has won the championship multiple times during different era's of the NBA albeit with one team, but there is Pat Riley, Chuck Daily and of course Phil Jackson to contend with.
Re: The NBA Begins by addempsea(m): 7:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
Like for curry for MVP or share for Harden for MVP.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:19am On Apr 08, 2015
addempsea:
Like for curry for MVP or share for Harden for MVP.

oh h3ll naw you didnt
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:42am On Apr 09, 2015
Finally, the NBA finds us worthy of a national televised game and am glad we did not disappoint as we push to maintain the 8th position and final spot for the playoff's.

Fans are currently divided in opinion if we should really be pushing for the post season as that would deter our chances of top picks in the draft if we make it, I personally think Brad Stevens is trying to prove a point that he is able to ride the tide and without any expectations in the post season I believe the experience would be worth while for this young roaster.

#greenrunsdeep...Lets go Celtics
Re: The NBA Begins by Bobbieydeey: 4:48am On Apr 09, 2015
A40:

For spurs,I would leave kyrie to deal with them #CavsNation
Re: The NBA Begins by Bobbieydeey: 4:49am On Apr 09, 2015
Roland17:
Is Popovic the greatest of all time? That is arguable, infact he has earned the right to be in the conversation, he has won the championship multiple times during different era's of the NBA albeit with one team, but there is Pat Riley, Chuck Daily and of course Phil Jackson to contend with.

Phil is fucking the knicks up atm
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:00am On Apr 09, 2015
Bobbieydeey:

For spurs,I would leave kyrie to deal with them #CavsNation

You are most likely a Lebron fan than a Cavs fan..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:27am On Apr 09, 2015
http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12587848/old-questions-surface-dallas-mavericks-point-guard-rajon-rondo

Please read this article if you really want to know the true Rajon Rondo and his story, i miss him alot and i am worried he might never get a better coach that truly understood his mentality like Doc Rivers did..

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 6:38am On Apr 09, 2015
kliq:

Spurs looking real good,right time to step-up...they beginning to look like the championship team of last season's playoff.
With 4-6 games left for each team we have 5 teams tussling for the last two playoffs spots in Eastern conference and 2teams for the 8 spot in the WC.
They are in playoff mode already
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 7:21am On Apr 09, 2015
Mynd44:

They are in playoff mode already

I bet that...it's business time for them,crushing all the big western conference teams that come-by.

It's the 9th straight and 12 of 13 wins for them,they look a serious contender for the title.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 7:25am On Apr 09, 2015
kliq:

I bet that...it's business time for them,crushing all the big western conference teams that come-by.

It's the 9th straight and 12 of 13 wins for them,they look a serious contender for the title.
And a lot of those wins are with at least 20 points lead.
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 7:37am On Apr 09, 2015
Roland17:
http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12587848/old-questions-surface-dallas-mavericks-point-guard-rajon-rondo

Please read this article if you really want to know the true Rajon Rondo and his story, i miss him alot and i am worried he might never get a better coach that truly understood his mentality like Doc Rivers did..

Great article, he has got a stubborn nature....Doc played a big role helping him raise his game but then I don't think coaching him is the problem,he would do well with a few coaches too.
The series of injuries he had,contributed to the decline of his form,he really needs to work harder and be ready to take the lead. I'm a big fan of Rondo.
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 7:43am On Apr 09, 2015
Mynd44:

And a lot of those wins are with at least 20 points lead.

Huge victories,really can't wait for the post season's actions.
That's a great team,good rotational policy as you rarely see 2/3 players bag up to 35mins each in a game....they have great coach too.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:33pm On Apr 09, 2015
Roland17:

The bottom line is this - however smart this kid is, it is not translating on the court. Some folk like Kobe get to be @ssholes because they perform. Rondo is not Kobe. Or CP3. Or Steph Curry. Dude needs a huge dose of reality

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:49pm On Apr 09, 2015
birdman:

The bottom line is this - however smart this kid is, it is not translating on the court. Some folk like Kobe get to be @ssholes because they perform. Rondo is not Kobe. Or CP3. Or Steph Curry. Dude needs a huge dose of reality

It can't translate in court if the coaches and players around him don't understand him, Rondo is a perfectionist, he is always thinking ahead of plays and most coaches don't, Its like a kid with schizophrenia, who is way to direct in his approaches and has expectations society deems abnormal, on his good night, I mean the era of the big three in the Garden, Rondo is better than those names up there, yes I dare say even better than CP3, if only he gets some freedom to play some calls.

I doubt we would ever see the best of Rondo ever again, I fear his decline is imminent and he might decide to retire early from frustrations.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:04am On Apr 10, 2015
Rose returns

Thabo Sefolosha breaks leg while resisting arrest

Roland17:

Let's keep it a 100 Rondo has been playing crap! He is essentially a no-go in a clutch game as he has refused to obtain a jumper. He has also declined on defense which puts Carlisle in a bit of a dilemma. PG's are not necessarily supposed to be elite shooters but Rondo no dey try at all its even hurt the offense which was the best in the league before he was traded for

He has not lived up to expectations. Its really that simple
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:06am On Apr 10, 2015
Roland17:

It can't translate in court if the coaches and players around him don't understand him, Rondo is a perfectionist, he is always thinking ahead of plays and most coaches don't, Its like a kid with schizophrenia, who is way to direct in his approaches and has expectations society deems abnormal, on his good night, I mean the era of the big three in the Garden, Rondo is better than those names up there, yes I dare say even better than CP3, if only he gets some freedom to play some calls.

I doubt we would ever see the best of Rondo ever again, I fear his decline is imminent and he might decide to retire early from frustrations.
I think Rondo has played on better teams than CP3. Hard to choose between 'that' Rondo and CP3. But I don't know if Rondo can carry teams on his back like CP3 does with the Clippers
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:07am On Apr 10, 2015
A40:

I think Rondo has played on better teams than CP3. Hard to choose between 'that' Rondo and CP3. But I don't know if Rondo can carry teams on his back like CP3 does with the Clippers

Neither can CP3 carry a franchise to the promise land as proven with New Orleans and now the Clippers, the current Clippers roaster is way younger and more talented than the roaster Rondo guarded to the championship and two consecutive eastern conference appearances and that includes the coaching crew, also considering their mobile and modern style of game where defense is near absent, the Clippers have always disappointed, CP3 might have the generally accepted leadership persona but it has not translated on the court, how about his turn over numbers?

Rondo is a pure leader, depending on who is been led, the reason Ray Allen left the Garden is cos Rondo's leadership style was different not necessarily about losing his place to Bradley, it assertive and direct, while the arguments about his jumpers and poor freethrows are valid, he rewarded and justified his play with incredible assist numbers, defense and of course triple doubles, he is a PURE point guard he was raised that way from high school, he is more interested in getting assists and I disagree with the notion that he is not crunch time player, did you read the paragraphs in the article where he torched different teams during the playoffs?

Obviously Rondo's defense play has nosedived and that is where my fear stems from, I fear he has lost interest in the game, on a good night can you argue CP3 is a better defender than Rondo? Heelllllll no!!! apart from Russell Westbrooks pressure defense from the point guard position I doubt there is a better and more intelligent defender in the point guard position than Rondo and that includes steals.

I love CP3 but in comparison to what Rondo has achieved based on team played at the peak of their career, Rondo dusts CP3 to the ground, the numbers are not even close.

Don't construe my argument though, I agree he has been a disappointment with Dallas, I doubt it's a good fit for him considering the Mavericks don't necessarily need a star point guard to get points or win games, Monta Ellis, Dirk, Chandler Parsons et al are all pure shooters, Rondo's presence on the court slows Dallas's offense and limits touches for the others, it only benefits Chandler or any Center available on the night, it is a bad mix up if you ask me.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:49am On Apr 10, 2015
Roland17:

you realize this guy is being paid millions to play on a functioning team. A team with a championship ring. Maybe Im personally biased but the dude has some growing up to do. For crying out loud this guy has his own kids...you think he lets them get disrespectful becuase "nobody understands them"?
Man, Im glad Carlisle is an old school coach...if need be ship this dude out... was picking the Mavs to be the surprise team out of the west this year angry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:01am On Apr 10, 2015
Im torn on Heat making the 8th spot. It will suck if one season after LBJ leaves, Heat go from Finals to not even making the playoffs, in the east! But I fear they would be a bad matchup for Atlanta, which I actually want to see advance to the ECF at least. The Heat are dangerous enough to upset Atlanta with limited playoff experience
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 8:00am On Apr 10, 2015
Curry sets record,He scored 45 points and broke the NBA single-season record for three-pointers with 273, a record he set two years ago
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:04pm On Apr 10, 2015
birdman:

you realize this guy is being paid millions to play on a functioning team. A team with a championship ring. Maybe Im personally biased but the dude has some growing up to do. For crying out loud this guy has his own kids...you think he lets them get disrespectful becuase "nobody understands them"?
Man, Im glad Carlisle is an old school coach...if need be ship this dude out... was picking the Mavs to be the surprise team out of the west this year angry

Whose fault is it that Cuban and the Mavs did not scout their roaster needs properly before getting Rondo, there is absolutely no way Rondo would succeed with the Mavs except he is on the bench, the Mavs don't need a ball hugging pure PG who commands and directs the pace of the game like Rondo, the first team is way too mobile as every player wants to touch the ball, they are all pure shooters in their own rights, so mixing Rondo with them would only be detrimental to their game, the Mavs are no longer a half court team, they are not the Grizzlies or Bulls that depend solely on the activities of the PG to spread the ball.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:56pm On Apr 10, 2015
Roland17:

Neither can CP3 carry a franchise to the promise land as proven with New Orleans and now the Clippers, the current Clippers roaster is way younger and more talented than the roaster Rondo guarded to the championship and two consecutive eastern conference appearances and that includes the coaching crew, also considering their mobile and modern style of game where defense is near absent, the Clippers have always disappointed, CP3 might have the generally accepted leadership persona but it has not translated on the court, how about his turn over numbers?

Rondo is a pure leader, depending on who is been led, the reason Ray Allen left the Garden is cos Rondo's leadership style was different not necessarily about losing his place to Bradley, it assertive and direct, while the arguments about his jumpers and poor freethrows are valid, he rewarded and justified his play with incredible assist numbers, defense and of course triple doubles, he is a PURE point guard he was raised that way from high school, he is more interested in getting assists and I disagree with the notion that he is not crunch time player, did you read the paragraphs in the article where he torched different teams during the playoffs?

Obviously Rondo's defense play has nosedived and that is where my fear stems from, I fear he has lost interest in the game, on a good night can you argue CP3 is a better defender than Rondo? Heelllllll no!!! apart from Russell Westbrooks pressure defense from the point guard position I doubt there is a better and more intelligent defender in the point guard position than Rondo and that includes steals.

I love CP3 but in comparison to what Rondo has achieved based on team played at the peak of their career, Rondo dusts CP3 to the ground, the numbers are not even close.

Don't construe my argument though, I agree he has been a disappointment with Dallas, I doubt it's a good fit for him considering the Mavericks don't necessarily need a star point guard to get points or win games, Monta Ellis, Dirk, Chandler Parsons et al are all pure shooters, Rondo's presence on the court slows Dallas's offense and limits touches for the others, it only benefits Chandler or any Center available on the night, it is a bad mix up if you ask me.
Don't let your love for Rondo blind you CP3 is as good a defender as rondo ever was and in every other aspect, Rondo can't touch him.
I wonder if you would see CP3 in this light if the league allowed his move to join Kobe and dwight in L.A since your are hinting at the rings argument.Throughout CP3 stay in new orlean the only player I remember on that roster was a young tyson chandler.
Rondo played with the Big three so I don't he did much carrying except towards the end of that era.
If you don't mind seeing Rondo in the Purple and Gold am sure Lakers are desperate enough to throw the max at him.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 5:22pm On Apr 10, 2015
kliq:
Curry sets record,He scored 45 points and broke the NBA single-season record for three-pointers with 273, a record he set two years ago

Considering he didn't play 18 fourth quarter games this season and limited to less than 6 fourth quarter minutes in more than half of the team's win stats makes the feat even more impressive

Obviously, these last 4 games could put to bed who will win the MVP title between The Beard and The Chef
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Don't let your love for Rondo blind you CP3 is as good a defender as rondo ever was and in every other aspect, Rondo can't touch him.
I wonder if you would see CP3 in this light if the league allowed his move to join Kobe and dwight in L.A since your are hinting at the rings argument.Throughout CP3 stay in new orlean the only player I remember on that roster was a young tyson chandler.
Rondo played with the Big three so I don't he did much carrying except towards the end of that era.
If you don't mind seeing Rondo in the Purple and Gold am sure Lakers are desperate enough to throw the max at him.

The argument here is not if CP3 is a good defender, coz yes he is but a better defender than Rondo from the point guard position? it's a big NO, heellll no, we are not even talking about Paul's turn over ration which is horrendous to be kind.

CP3 played with Peja Stojakovic ( do u need his numbers and stats?) David West, Tyson Chandler, Trevor Ariza, Marco Belinelli these guys were at the peak of their games, I am in no way comparing their roaster to that of the big three, but during an era when the Eastern Conference dominated the league when it came to win percentages, the you have to tell me something else.

If CP3 moved to the Lakers, would Howard have stayed back? The obvious answer is a No, would he cope with Kobe leading the offense while he takes the back seat? Would we have seen the best of CP3.

Would I love to see Rondo in purple and Gold? Well I think that would be a better fit for him, especially since Kobe is hitting the tail end of his career.

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (2199) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.