Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:59 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1589322 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (2186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 9:59am On Apr 21, 2015
Decale:

Ermmmm, when Spurs won rings in 2003, 2005 and 2007, they lost their first playoff game
Thank you jare
Re: The NBA Begins by r231(m): 11:49am On Apr 21, 2015
Decale:

Ermmmm, when Spurs won rings in 2003, 2005 and 2007, they lost their first playoff game

story for the gods!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:05am On Apr 22, 2015
How about Josh Smith (J-Smoove) picking the Mavs apart, destroying their set plays and racking up the numbers..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:27am On Apr 22, 2015
the rim shedding tears lol...we needed these home wins. Dallas is a legit WCF contender and they will likely win their two home games. Maybe we can steal one
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:31am On Apr 22, 2015
birdman:
the rim shedding tears lol...we needed these home wins. Dallas is a legit WCF contender and they will likely win their two home games. Maybe we can steal one

i don't think the Mavs have the consistency to win both games in dallas, the Rockets steal one and close out in Houston..
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:33am On Apr 22, 2015
Roland17:

i don't think the Mavs have the consistency to win both games in dallas, the Rockets steal one and close out in Houston..

it is possible, as long as Rondo is unfocused. seriously though, i think Rondo may have some issues going on? normally come playoffs, the dude gives 110%
Re: The NBA Begins by dwayni: 5:34am On Apr 22, 2015
Rockets 2 Mavericks 0. 4-0 loading
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:47am On Apr 22, 2015
birdman:

it is possible, as long as Rondo is unfocused. seriously though, i think Rondo may have some issues going on? normally come playoffs, the dude gives 110%

Can we keep Rondo out of the crap happening with the Mavs, Dirk went 3/14, how about Chandler 2/6? do u also need the stats for game one? the only shining light for the Mavs was Aminu off the bench.

Rick Carlisle is a great coach i respect but this series proves he is a bad coach for Rondo hands down, you can not call every single play for Rondo, he is not a rookie, for crying out loud he has a championship ring, the back to back buckets Rondo made were uncalled plays during the first half, why should Carlisle distract Rondo by initiating play calls when Rondo has the ball walking into the opponents half? of course the result was a 8 seconds violation, Carlisle gets mad and pulls Rondo off.

The Mavs have been horrible offensively and defensively and everyone seeks cheap excuse by blaming Rondo.

The marriage is a bad one and the coach has not handled it well and its time both parties move on.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 8:14am On Apr 22, 2015
Wall is going crazy this playoffs. RIP Raptors!!!!!!

Congrats Mike. He sure deserved the coach of the year
Lou Williams for 6th man? Not so much
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:28pm On Apr 22, 2015
Did anyone see Jimmy Butler Game 2 vs the Bucks? The guy went H.A.M

The Wizards and Raptors series going like I predicted it might even end quicker than 6

As for the Mavs well I talked about Rondo and Parsons needing to show up but the opposite has happened and well the Mavs are 2-0 down. Chandler, Nowtizki are also getting destroyed in the paint. Back to Rondo and Parsons now while Parsons is hurt Rajon Rondo is doing absolutely nothing to help his team. With his shitty attitude and approach the Mavs need to offload him this summer and continue the search for a PG. Maybe Ty Lawson maybe Tyreke Evans anybody would do better than what Rondo is doing right now

Superb game by Lebron and Kyrie in the 4th quarter. The Celtics have impressed me with their fight they are really pushing the Cavs
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:33pm On Apr 22, 2015
Roland17:

Can we keep Rondo out of the crap happening with the Mavs, Dirk went 3/14, how about Chandler 2/6? do u also need the stats for game one? the only shining light for the Mavs was Aminu off the bench.

Rick Carlisle is a great coach i respect but this series proves he is a bad coach for Rondo hands down, you can not call every single play for Rondo, he is not a rookie, for crying out loud he has a championship ring, the back to back buckets Rondo made were uncalled plays during the first half, why should Carlisle distract Rondo by initiating play calls when Rondo has the ball walking into the opponents half? of course the result was a 8 seconds violation, Carlisle gets mad and pulls Rondo off.

The Mavs have been horrible offensively and defensively and everyone seeks cheap excuse by blaming Rondo.

The marriage is a bad one and the coach has not handled it well and its time both parties move on.
Rondo has been playing like dirt! I struggle to see any team Rondo would fit with his poor attitude. He's not exactly been playing like an all-star and the Mavs would definitely be better without him.

Rondo also had foul trouble so that is another reason he was yanked off. He has done nothing to help that offense since he came and is an absolute non-factor on both sides of the floor

birdman:
With the way Rondo is playing there's no hope
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:41pm On Apr 22, 2015
A40:

Rondo has been playing like dirt! I struggle to see any team Rondo would fit with his poor attitude. He's not exactly been playing like an all-star and the Mavs would definitely be better without him.

Rondo also had foul trouble so that is another reason he was yanked off. He has done nothing to help that offense since he came and is an absolute non-factor on both sides of the floor

With the way Rondo is playing there's no hope

And of course the only veritable excuse for the dismal and outrageous performance by the Mavericks is Rajon Rondo...why am I surprised...
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:52pm On Apr 22, 2015
Roland17:

And of course the only veritable excuse for the dismal and outrageous performance by the Mavericks is Rajon Rondo...why am I surprised...

man, i dont see how you can defend Rondo...you realize this guy is a grown man. There is no excuse for the way he behaves...even his body language towards his teammates is bad. I understand doc rivers tried to play some kind of father figure role to get Rondo out of his shell, but cmon you can expect every coach you meet to treat you like his son undecided

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:01am On Apr 23, 2015
im hoping cp3 can make it 2-0. this guy is too skilled to not make it to WCF at least
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:07am On Apr 23, 2015
birdman:

man, i dont see how you can defend Rondo...you realize this guy is a grown man. There is no excuse for the way he behaves...even his body language towards his teammates is bad. I understand doc rivers tried to play some kind of father figure role to get Rondo out of his shell, but cmon you can expect every coach you meet to treat you like his son undecided

Every coach can't and should not treat him like a son but every coach should not treat him like a Jason Kid, Felton or any other player, Rondo is new on the team for crying out loud, he has barely played 50 games with the same roaster, it's not like he was recruited from the start of the season, he was recruited when the season was half way past so what in the name of sanity are you talking about? You expect him to come and perform magic playing for a system that does not trust him with the ball? A system that is entirely different from this style?

Rondo is a grown man, he is not expecting to be treated specially neither does he expect to be treated like a lice, suddenly all the problems the Mavs have is Rondo right now, that is despicable and unfair and it is sad only very few ardent NBA analyst can see it, Rondo has not been good for a while but have the Mavs been? Have the Mavs trusted him with the ball? Does the system trust him with the ball and decisions? Why is he the only player the coach is calling plays for even though he is the most experienced on that position in the position except of course J.J Barea one of my favs?

Well now he is totally unavailable for the rest of the season owing to a sore back, I hope you guys can keep your blames strictly to basketball.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 6:41am On Apr 23, 2015
This game almost killed me....

Finally, 1-1

And they come to San Antonio.....
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:49am On Apr 23, 2015
Mynd44:
This game almost killed me....

Finally, 1-1

And they come to San Antonio.....

interestingly, hack-a-shaq almost cost the spurs that game. They were up by 9 late in the 4Q and still used it. It allowed the Clipper defense to be set, and the long rebounds off of DeAndre's misses ended up being converted into points. It should be interesting to see if Pop uses this strategy in game 3. Much props to Doc Rivers for sticking with DeAndre..man has balls
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 7:48am On Apr 23, 2015
After the 1st games in Round 1:

WC

GSW Vs NOP(2-0)

Rockets Vs Mavs (2-0)

Grizzlies Vs Blazers (2-0)

Clippers Vs Spurs (1-1)

EC:

Hawks Vs Nets (2-0)

Cavs Vs Celtics (2-0)

Wizards Vs Raptors (2-0)

Bulls Vs Bucks (2-0)

Game 3 comes up Thursday morning
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2015
Roland17:

Rondo has been the worst player for the Mavericks this playoffs. Bar none

It might not be the only excuse but he has clearly quit on the team. If I'm Carlisle I'm benching him the rest of the series, he has nothing to offer! I might as well go with Felton and Devin Harris and hope for the best
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:13pm On Apr 23, 2015
Roland17:

Every coach can't and should not treat him like a son but every coach should not treat him like a Jason Kid, Felton or any other player, Rondo is new on the team for crying out loud, he has barely played 50 games with the same roaster, it's not like he was recruited from the start of the season, he was recruited when the season was half way past so what in the name of sanity are you talking about? You expect him to come and perform magic playing for a system that does not trust him with the ball? A system that is entirely different from this style?
No one expected him to adapt immediately. Its one thing to struggle physically and its another thing to be an absolute cancer in the locker room. Almost every single offensive stat has gone down since his arrival

Trust is earned not dashed out like a freebie. What attempts have Rondo made to earn Coach Carlisle's trust

Roland17:

Rondo is a grown man, he is not expecting to be treated specially neither does he expect to be treated like a lice, suddenly all the problems the Mavs have is Rondo right now, that is despicable and unfair and it is sad only very few ardent NBA analyst can see it, Rondo has not been good for a while but have the Mavs been? Have the Mavs trusted him with the ball? Does the system trust him with the ball and decisions? Why is he the only player the coach is calling plays for even though he is the most experienced on that position in the position except of course J.J Barea one of my favs?

Well now he is totally unavailable for the rest of the season owing to a sore back, I hope you guys can keep your blames strictly to basketball.
Blaming Rondo for all of the Mavs problem is irresponsible. It hurts them big time that Parsons isn't able to play as it would relieve Dirk and Monta of their scoring burden. However Rondo has a huge role to play in everything that has gone wrong with the Mavs he is not helping on either side of the ball both defensive and offensive

In a playoff game its bad enough that you score 4 points but you don't rebound, you flunk defensive assignments, well you might as well be playing for the other team. By the way it wasn't the 8 second violation that made Carlisle take off Rondo it was neglecting Jason Terry on defence in the subsequent play

If you believe he is out because of a back problem then you might believe anything.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:17pm On Apr 23, 2015
A40:

No one expected him to adapt immediately. Its one thing to struggle physically and its another thing to be an absolute cancer in the locker room. Almost every single offensive stat has gone down since his arrival

Trust is earned not dashed out like a freebie. What attempts have Rondo made to earn Coach Carlisle's trust

Blaming Rondo for all of the Mavs problem is irresponsible. It hurts them big time that Parsons isn't able to play as it would relieve Dirk and Monta of their scoring burden. However Rondo has a huge role to play in everything that has gone wrong with the Mavs he is not helping on either side of the ball both defensive and offensive

In a playoff game its bad enough that you score 4 points but you don't rebound, you flunk defensive assignments, well you might as well be playing for the other team. By the way it wasn't the 8 second violation that made Carlisle take off Rondo it was neglecting Jason Terry on defence in the subsequent play

If you believe he is out because of a back problem then you might believe anything.

The same story all over again, please post Rondo's game one stats in this series please and also post the rest of the roaster if you can..

You claim blaming Rondo for the bulk of the Mavs problem is irresponsible but you continuously do it in all your writings, consciously or unconsciously.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:25pm On Apr 23, 2015
I would help every one out here, cos folks are seeking like Rondo has been all trash, no one mentions his nights..

This was game 1 stats sourced directly from http://www.nba.com/games/20150418/DALHOU/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nba:serieshubs:mid:seriesschedule#nbaGIboxscore

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:47pm On Apr 23, 2015
Roland17:

The same story all over again, please post Rondo's game one stats in this series please and also post the rest of the roaster if you can..
This is the same Rondo that ran Ray Allen out of Boston that should tell you about him. Would a Gregg Popovich or Bill Belichick take such rubbish from Rondo

espn.go.com/core/nba/gamecast?gameId=400790914&action=stats

15pts no rebounds and just 5 assists
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:48pm On Apr 23, 2015
Roland17:
I would help every one out here, cos folks are seeking like Rondo has been all trash, no one mentions his nights..

This was game 1 stats sourced directly from http://www.nba.com/games/20150418/DALHOU/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nba:serieshubs:mid:seriesschedule#nbaGIboxscore
What did he do in Game 2?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:52pm On Apr 23, 2015
A40:

What did he do in Game 2?

Why is no one talking about his game one performance, that speaks loud of the bias already built up, what were the stats of the other stars on that roaster? What was Dirks Turnover? How about Montas?

Did another player have a higher assist number?

Rondo is a triple double machine, but Rick does not want him anywhere under the paint, so how is he supposed to rebound the ball? Have you been watching Mavs game at all? Rick wants Rondo on top of the key during defense so Chandler and Dirk can get some space for rebounds, Rondo is pushed out, so how on earth is he supposed to rack up rebounds?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:11pm On Apr 23, 2015
Roland17:

Why is no one talking about his game one performance, that speaks loud of the bias already built up, what were the stats of the other stars on that roaster? What was Dirks Turnover? How about Montas?

Game 1 performance? Lol what about Game 2? What has he done to limit Jason Terry especially in Game 1. Laughable that he has been outplayed by a 37 year old dinosaur

Roland17:

Did another player have a higher assist number?
He had 5 assists. JJ Barea (a reserve) had 4. Big whoop

Roland17:

Rondo is a triple double machine, but Rick does not want him anywhere under the paint, so how is he supposed to rebound the ball? Have you been watching Mavs game at all? Rick wants Rondo on top of the key during defense so Chandler and Dirk can get some space for rebounds, Rondo is pushed out, so how on earth is he supposed to rack up rebounds?

How can he get in the paint when he is usually strolling aimlessly backcourt and failing at his basic defensive assignments. What is the PG doing manning the paint? His priority should be guarding the other team's perimeter players. no? Abi wetin concern PG with paint protection?

Triple double machine? How can he get any triple doubles when even his FT's are at less than 50%? He can't even attack the paint anymore because he knows when he gets fouled he would probably miss

These are his averages. 9.5pts PPG, 1 RPG, 3 APG picking up silly fouls

Yeah he is surely helping his team
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:41pm On Apr 23, 2015
A40:

Game 1 performance? Lol what about Game 2? What has he done to limit Jason Terry especially in Game 1. Laughable that he has been outplayed by a 37 year old dinosaur

He had 5 assists. JJ Barea (a reserve) had 4. Big whoop

How can he get in the paint when he is usually strolling aimlessly backcourt and failing at his basic defensive assignments. What is the PG doing manning the paint? His priority should be guarding the other team's perimeter players. no? Abi wetin concern PG with paint protection?

Triple double machine? How can he get any triple doubles when even his FT's are at less than 50%? He can't even attack the paint anymore because he knows when he gets fouled he would probably miss

These are his averages. 9.5pts PPG, 1 RPG, 3 APG picking up silly fouls

Yeah he is surely helping his team

So why whining about his rebound if he is limited to the perimeter? He was assigned James Harden in game one and he did a pretty decent job with that assignment.

The Mavs are a horrible team, singling out Rondo is cheap and irresponsible and it's sickening reading all these exuses when other players have not even faired better than the kid.
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 6:18pm On Apr 23, 2015
Rondo eyeing a move to Lakers
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:16pm On Apr 23, 2015
Props to the ageless Tim Duncan btw. That guy must be made of Adamantium or something. What he does in the playoffs, the consistency its unexplainable

Roland17:

So why whining about his rebound if he is limited to the perimeter? He was assigned James Harden in game one and he did a pretty decent job with that assignment.

The Mavs are a horrible team, singling out Rondo is cheap and irresponsible and it's sickening reading all these exuses when other players have not even faired better than the kid.
Whining? more like you are making excuses. Playing from the top of the key is not an excuse to not have a single rebound. A decent job? Harden still had 11 assists and just 2 turnovers.

Rondo had just one good quarter and the second one and I recall that was about the time Dwight Howard had foul trouble other than that he was pretty useless. 16 shots were needed for him to score 15 pts but we are supposed to believe Rondo is the victim

The Mavs were never going to win the title even with Rondo but he was expected to at least make the team better he's only made them worse. His plus/minus stats are an eye-watering -36

If you were a Mavs fan I'm sure you would never accept any of Rondo's B.S
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:20am On Apr 24, 2015
Enough of Rondo and the lethargic Mavs.

How about the spirited effort by My Celtics, they have not only competed but have come very close to stealing one game and tonight at the TD Garden the performance by these lads has been terrific, fighting for every loose ball, fighting for each other, moving their feet and intense battling for rebounds offensively and defensively.

The future has always been bright, right now it's assured, with Brad's style which aims to push the ball faster in transition quicker before defenses set and some fundamental post plays I believe we can we are a one center away from a very potent roaster.

It's half time right now and 56-48 Cavs, irrespective of the result these kids deserve commendations.

#greenrunsdeep
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 5:32am On Apr 24, 2015
SMH....just SMH.

Throw away a 20 point lead after the third quarter and then start hustling with 30 seconds left. Not cool Pelicans....
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 7:46am On Apr 24, 2015
Mynd44:
SMH....just SMH.

Throw away a 20 point lead after the third quarter and then start hustling with 30 seconds left. Not cool Pelicans....

Can't believe pelicans allowed a 20pt lead slip away in the 4th crazy....Curry had a great game.
3-0

Cavs defeated Celtics now 3-0

Bulls did same to bucks in double OT 3-0

Where's the sweep coming from?

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (2186) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.