Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1614647 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (2198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:27pm On Apr 25, 2015
Roland17:

Bro, I don't want you construing my argument, Rondo has been very poor with the Mavs I must admit, in fact his last 2 seasons with the Celtics were questionable but so many issues factored in, his torn ACL has obviously slowed him down too but the Mavs have been horrible, regular season play was not encouraging either ways, the players have not shown up, injury has also not been kind to the roaster but heaping all of it on Rondo who the coach obviously despises is not a fair argument.
At least admit at the very least that his play has also affected the team. They were the best offence in the league till he came along. What does a torn ACL have to do with his abysmal FT shooting? Why is he not willing to improve his jump shot!

Injuries might have hampered here and there but that goes for pretty much every team in the league.

The coach hates Rondo? Lool! He traded for him! He thought he might be his Jason Kidd but a shitty attitude and locker room cancer is all he has gotten. Rondo has done enough to be despised by his teammates and his coach. He quit on his team and he will always be remembered for that

Roland17:

The kid joined the team after the All Star, he had sat down for virtually 2 years injured, it was a new team already dealing with aging stars, an injury ravaged roaster and a shallow bench struggling with chemistry and consistency.

let the argument be fair about the performance of the Mavs.

If Rondo is a kid then I'm an infant. Kwekee! 29 year old man na him you dey call kid? Is it because of babyface. He's been in the league since 2006. He's a vet!

I have never seen such display of petulance and unprofessionalism in a long time.

The team played better before they got Rondo. FACT
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:53pm On Apr 25, 2015
Roland17:

You have suddenly become sanctimonious, oblivious of your earlier comments.

Well, you might want to read your comments and teach your self to argue with facts without making smart comments that belittle the intelligence of others, I learn a lot from reading comments, I take my time to read them and understand the writers side of the story, learn some and argue those I refute if it is worth it, when I am wrong, I don't fail to accept.

Do yourself some good to read my rebuttals to you, you might learn some so you don't argue blindly next time.

It's not my intention to come across as rude, if I have, please accept my apologies, no grudges we are both grown men..

very well then, no grudges either and my apologies too. much props to you for apologizing first, regardless who is right. back to d playoffs...
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:37am On Apr 26, 2015
Guys what do you think about Scott Brooks getting fired?

It's been 2 days since Scott Brooks kissed the dust in Oklahoma, I feel bad for him some sort and the other part of me does not cos I felt he was unable to coach/ improve Durant or Westbrook, they are pretty much same players with same skill set from when they were drafted, they became larger than his ability to manage both.

The NBA front office would be watching this post season and licking their lips at the future of K. Leonard, J. Butler, A. Davies and the Greek freak in Milwaukee Antetokumbo.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:55am On Apr 26, 2015
Roland17:
Guys what do you think about Scott Brooks getting fired?

It's been 2 days since Scott Brooks kissed the dust in Oklahoma, I feel bad for him some sort and the other part of me does not cos I felt he was unable to coach/ improve Durant or Westbrook, they are pretty much same players with same skill set from when they were drafted, they became larger than his ability to manage both.

The NBA front office would be watching this post season and licking their lips at the future of K. Leonard, J. Butler, A. Davies and the Greek freak in Milwaukee Antetokumbo.

I think Durant/Westbrook saved him for a long time. He has a very short simple playbook, which means he gets outcoached a lot. OKC even without Durant should have had that eight seed. I think this is what ultimately did him in.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:47pm On Apr 26, 2015
I think its a little ironic he was sacked in a year where he wasn't at fault for the failure of his team. Westbrook, Durant and Ibaka his best 3 players all suffered lengthy injuries in the West you just can't survive that many setbacks

They should have fired him much earlier and in previous seasons
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:40pm On Apr 26, 2015
^indeed. i thought he was a goner last year. there may be some personal beef behind the scenes
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:54pm On Apr 26, 2015
a standing ovation for isaiah thomas in boston...never thot id see the day
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 10:48pm On Apr 26, 2015
The Clippers are holding it tight.....
This should have been the WCF

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 11:14pm On Apr 26, 2015
Bad night for Danny Green and Parker

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by 00francis: 11:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
Doc will be a proud father and a coach tonight...
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 12:53am On Apr 27, 2015
Mynd44:
Bad night for Danny Green and Parker
I told you this would happen
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:29pm On Apr 27, 2015
If only Cuban and co. were content. Yeah the Rockets missed a lot of shots but the difference without Rondo on offence is CLEAR. Hopefully the boys steal one in Houston and make the scoreline respectable

Blake Griffin got tired of the Kawhi lovefest and was an absolute monster

The Wizards swept the Raptors. Surprised they won so easily even though I knew they would beat the Raptors

The Grizz on the brink of sweeping the Blazers

The Cavs sweep the Celtics but at a price. K.Love out for two weeks with a shoulder injury
Re: The NBA Begins by Seamareggae(m): 3:59am On Apr 28, 2015
After watching Milwaukee Bucks zigzag Bulls... I jus feel the cavs wud sweep them... But that injury to Kevin love... Might bail them out...
Re: The NBA Begins by Seamareggae(m): 4:00am On Apr 28, 2015
If only Atlanta hawks has one or two superstars... They could easily win the Eastern conference ... With there spread out offense just like spurs
Re: The NBA Begins by Seamareggae(m): 4:01am On Apr 28, 2015
These Nba playoffs no go make man sleep.. Jus imagine being awake since 12...
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:24am On Apr 28, 2015
I am so proud of my Celtics, they did everything to win one game, sacrificed their bones but came short, it's a learning curve for the team, we desperately do need an experienced first team player, nothing really exciting about the Cavs if you ask me, take Lebron out of the roaster and they are a C+ team and without love and the pending suspension of J.R Smith, the second round would be quite interesting..

Except Tibs finds a way to win the championship, I don't see him with the Bulls come next season, it has to be a mutual departure, the Bulls have not been able to put make buckets, there has been no reliable player even though Jimmy Butler has been their main stay,morse has been vastly disappointing albeit expected, they desperately need consistent scoring from somewhere and someone else whom is not butler or Gasol, of they wriggle past the Bucks, I think they have the match up against the Cavs defensively but offensively I doubt they can match, if some how they are able to build this missing chemistry and figure out a third consistent scoring option they might just fight the Cavs offensively.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:15pm On Apr 28, 2015
thibodeau is a long time assistant of jeff van gundy. and they both have the same coaching weakness. overemphasis on defense, to the point that they think great defense will generally sort out offense. When players have a scoring drought, both of them scream at players to play harder on defense because they believe the shots will eventually fall. It cost JVG his job in Houston, even with tmac and yao. And it will cost Thibodeau his job too, even with drose and gasol. I hate the fact that they are both so stubborn and refuse to change, even when it is painfully obvious to everyone that they need an assistant coach who can draw up creative plays for the offense.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:22pm On Apr 28, 2015
Well J.R Smith has been suspended for two games. The Bulls are out of excuses and for me its not just Thibodeau. Guys like D. Rose, Jimmy Butler are shooting too poorly. When your perimeter players are shooting 10/40 then players need to be held accountable as well. Certain other guys like Joakim Noah have refused to evolve on offense thinking playing good defence would suffice

I still see the Bulls falling short again this year anyway. Even if they win the East (probable but unlikely) they would get slaughtered by teams out West

I think some credit should also go to the Nets. Deron Williams has come back from the dead and their roleplayers are playing really well. Unfortunately for the Hawks their shooters especially Kyle Korver has picked a very bad time to go into a shooting slump.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:02am On Apr 29, 2015
^dont forget lionel hollins. that guy is the reason the grizzlies are contenders every year for the last 5 years or so. built that team up and gave it his identity. they still have it even though he is gone. Now it looks like he is doing the same for the nets. hawks need to be careful. The grizz once won a playoff series vs the spurs (in 6 games) in a year they had no business doing so, on account of Lionel Hollins coaching. The nets could do the same here.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:44am On Apr 29, 2015
TIM DUNCAN IS 39 IS ALL I CAN SAY..

What a series!!!! these guys are giving the fans of the NBA a finals exhibition here, way too tight to call but thank you to the SPURS and the CLIPPERS.

Game 6 in San Antonio.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 6:50am On Apr 29, 2015
This is the NBA finals right there and whoever loses this series has nothing to be ashamed of.

This is one hell of a series.
Now my heart can stop beating fast.

Thanks you Spurs
Thank you Clippers.

But at least Spurs won this one. Now lets finish this at home abeg
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:17am On Apr 30, 2015
The Spurs have this one in the bag I think. When I was breaking the tie down I forgot to even list DeAndre Jordan as a guy that could swing the series to the Spurs. I think Rivers needs to just sit him when the Spurs get to fouling. Its pointless leaving him on the floor and expecting miracles. The fouls break your offensive rhythm and while to be fair to DJ he is playing very well you just wonder how you can avoid defeat in a close game with a Center shooting sub 45% from the line
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:24am On Apr 30, 2015
If the Clippers get knocked out, i would not blame DJ, i think he has been terrific defensively and offensively for the Clips.

Doc Rivers is being very stubborn with keeping DJ in there late into the game or when the Spurs go hackajordan, i think he is scared of going small against the Spurs but those hack stoppages kill the rhythm of the offense.

Blake Griffin should take huge chunk of the blame, they could have gone 2-0 in LA but he handling and trying to turn the ball over twice late into game 2, of course the ball was turned over, buckets were made on booth trips.

CP3 has been the main stay of this team offensively he is vastly experienced and understands when to take over games but he is too in-disciplined, complains way too much and would almost want to whistle the game and this cost the Clips some points, with a technical foul which i think tied the game.

This has been an awesome series.

Did anyone see Conley's face? jeez the look is way to bad, i did not imagine it was that severe, i hope he comes back sometime soon and is not ruled out indefinitely, the Grizzlies cant progress after this round without Mike.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 4:38am On Apr 30, 2015
A40:
The Spurs have this one in the bag I think. When I was breaking the tie down I forgot to even list DeAndre Jordan as a guy that could swing the series to the Spurs. I think Rivers needs to just sit him when the Spurs get to fouling. Its pointless leaving him on the floor and expecting miracles. The fouls break your offensive rhythm and while to be fair to DJ he is playing very well you just wonder how you can avoid defeat in a close game with a Center shooting sub 45% from the line
I totally.
No member of the Clippers team should feel down if they lose the series and no member of the Spurs team should either.

They have both played well
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 9:38am On Apr 30, 2015
birdman:
a standing ovation for isaiah thomas in boston...never thot id see the day

Please tell me more about it!...the guy n d ovation.....ur take on it all!
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 2:16pm On Apr 30, 2015
Roland17:
Blake Griffin should take huge chunk of the blame, they could have gone 2-0 in LA but he handling and trying to turn the ball over twice late into game 2, of course the ball was turned over, buckets were made on booth trips

Both Griffin and Jordan take the blame but Jordan the huge chunk

Come on Griffin was huge in their game 4 with 20,19,8 and a couple of blocks. His FT percentage has improved tremendously since last year playoffs plus he's basically the only regular Clipper player this season with at least 50% percentage. Granted, he messed up in the last minute of second game but has been superb all through

Jordan solely lost game five when he went for an early tip in for a ball that's apparently going in and would have given them a one point lead with 9 seconds to go. Even his FTs are abysmal when compared to Howard who has stepped up at the charity stripe. If he made at least 65% of his FTs in game 2 and game 5, this series wouldn't be too close and they wouldn't be on the verge of elimination
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:02pm On Apr 30, 2015
Blake Griffin went 1-9 in the 4th quarter, we are talking about the 4th quarter here, when Superstars show up...come on man, that is very very poor especially if you are a primary option for buckets, considering their very inconsistent bench..

Is Griffin considered clutch from the free throw line? No, not for me, his numbers from the charity spot are not spectacular, Blake was blocked twice by a 39 year old in the 4th when he attempted to make buckets..

DJ has been the best defender for the Clippers, if he out on the bench, the Spurs pound the glass and punish the Clippers, watch what happens every time Doc takes out DJ, Popovic capitalizes immediately by going small and even Griffin can't protect the rim like DJ does.

Between DJ's cylinder put back turn over and Griffins back to back turn over trying to dribble the ball in game 2 and going 1-9 in gone which exactly is worse?

And the notion that DJ's cylinder put back cost the clippers game 5 is pretty unfair to DJ, CP3 is way too chatty and wants to control the refs and the whistle, he got a technical which tied the game, Doc Rivers is not any different, his technical for pouncing on the refs over a call was also detrimental.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 3:34am On May 01, 2015
The Clippers need to watch it now. You don't allow the Spurs shoot three points like that.

That is something you don't allow the Spurs do.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 3:40am On May 01, 2015
Chris Paul with six assist
Crawford with another
No other Clipper player has an assist.....

What? Now the Clippers are kidding
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:58am On May 01, 2015
joephemzyz:

Please tell me more about it!...the guy n d ovation.....ur take on it all!

lmao...where u been
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:58am On May 01, 2015
Mynd44:
The Clippers need to watch it now. You don't allow the Spurs shoot three points like that.

That is something you don't allow the Spurs do.

mynd liver dey shake lol. u no wan see game 7. just for that reason i can stay up and watch this game grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 4:00am On May 01, 2015
birdman:

mynd liver dey shake lol. u no wan see game 7. just for that reason i can stay up and watch this game
Huh? Please...

I am actually relaxed after that game 5, I doubt this series can do any much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (2198) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: BlueMann

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.