Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1615113 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (2198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by JustKay3(m): 4:30am On Jun 08, 2015
LeBron couldn't even buy a foul.

That said, say what you will but nothing over the last 2 games so far indicates the Warrior's a better team overall.Lebron/Shump made that last shot in game one and we talking about a sweep for the Cavs.(Yes, I know it doesn't work that way tongue).

Game on! Something tells me we are in for a long ride with various twist and turns.
Re: The NBA Begins by Ewuro4: 4:31am On Jun 08, 2015
birdman:

i wuz wrong lol

Lol. You know CAVS are tougher team. Hands down, no contest. grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by AAinEqGuinea: 4:31am On Jun 08, 2015
you only want Cavs to lose wink
Re: The NBA Begins by JustKay3(m): 4:41am On Jun 08, 2015
And the fact Cavs did it without Love and Kyrie.With Delly as PG and those two Knickerbockers stinking out the joint.
Re: The NBA Begins by Truth234(m): 4:42am On Jun 08, 2015
LBJ the most complete player. Hands down!
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:20am On Jun 08, 2015
Ewuro4:

Lol. You know CAVS are tougher team. Hands down, no contest. grin
The Warriors are a tougher team compared to Cavs. Try placing the Cavs in the Western Conference and Warriors in Eastern Conference and see who survives. The officiating today was Subpar though. Cavs deserves the win but definitely not a tougher team.
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 5:33am On Jun 08, 2015
Tough win for CAVS cool

Series wide open
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:26am On Jun 08, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:
you only want Cavs to lose wink
Where you been son?

birdman:
btw, this is the one thing that makes me think LBJ is the best in the league right now. that last shot in regular time, he got fouled. If it was Kobe taking that shot, he goes to the line. Even JVG remarked how little benefit of the doubt lebron gets on these calls. Oh well, the bball gods decided on this one.
This guy wetin Kobe do you nau?

The Warriors were unbelievably baad! Did they think the Cavs were just going to fall down and die after losing Kyrie? If they keep playing like this the unthinkable might happen and the Cavs pull off an epic upset. Steph Curry you can't parade yourself as MVP and shoot 5-23 at home

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:31am On Jun 08, 2015
birdman:

I went looking for the old youtube clips. I forgot sometime back the nba made google take down those clips, because it implicated several nba refs. donaghy was the only one who got caught, accidentally btw.
As a sidenote, it is interesting how easy it is to wipeout info you dont want even in the internet age. Cant find a single clip via google anymore lol
This guy I tire for you. Not even one clip of Kobe's said antics? Dude I watched a lot of Kobe he doesn't flop around like D.Wade and we are talking about when Hack-A-Shaq was in full effect

Truth234:
LBJ the most complete player. Hands down!
He was 11/34 though
Re: The NBA Begins by Truth234(m): 9:16am On Jun 08, 2015
A40:

This guy I tire for you. Not even one clip of Kobe's said antics? Dude I watched a lot of Kobe he doesn't flop around like D.Wade and we are talking about when Hack-A-Shaq was in full effect

He was 11/34 though

Lol..and Curry MVP was 5/23
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:29pm On Jun 08, 2015
Truth234:
Which I clearly highlighted but its not like he has Lebron's resume
Steph Curry is clearly playing poorly this series. 4/21 from 3pt line
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:29pm On Jun 08, 2015
Truth234:
Re: The NBA Begins by CorneliusSulla8: 2:37pm On Jun 08, 2015
Lebron is graded on another curve haters be trying to poke hole in his game cheesy
He gets a triple double they will attack effiency
Golden state still has enough weapons in their arsenal they caught a break with steph going cold that won't happen often.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:03pm On Jun 08, 2015
CorneliusSulla8:
Lebron is graded on another curve haters be trying to poke hole in his game cheesy
He gets a triple double they will attack effiency
Golden state still has enough weapons in their arsenal they caught a break with steph going cold that won't happen often.
He missed 23 shots out of 34. Triple double or not that's an awful stat. Klay Thompson scored 34 and took fewer shots. The present setup plays in the hands of the Cavs but to argue Lebron has not been inefficient is laughable. If Steph shoots even 3/15 instead of 2/15 the Cavs would be 2-0 down. Lebron played great and rebounded like a beast, but let's not act like he has dropped an offensive masterpiece in these Finals

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Truth234(m): 4:37pm On Jun 08, 2015
A40:

There is nothing like playing poorly, when the real MVP was having his bad day like now, without Irving and Love. Bro he delivered, Curry have the whole team include ref. Yet Matthew Dellavedova, a class C player, made him look ordinary. Now Matthew Dellavedova is one of the most popular player in the series if not the most popular. Thanks to your MVP
Re: The NBA Begins by CorneliusSulla8: 4:38pm On Jun 08, 2015
A40:

He missed 23 shots out of 34. Triple double or not that's an awful stat. Klay Thompson scored 34 and took fewer shots. The present setup plays in the hands of the Cavs but to argue Lebron has not been inefficient is laughable. If Steph shoots even 3/15 instead of 2/15 the Cavs would be 2-0 down. Lebron played great and rebounded like a beast, but let's not act like he has dropped an offensive masterpiece in these Finals
His all round game last nite was a masterpiece
Efficiency generally plummets when usage rate increases I doubt his usage rate has ever been higher.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:26pm On Jun 08, 2015
Truth234:

There is nothing like playing poorly, when the real MVP was having his bad day like now, without Irving and Love. Bro he delivered, Curry have the whole team include ref. Yet Matthew Dellavedova, a class C player, made him look ordinary. Now Matthew Dellavedova is one of the most popular player in the series if not the most popular. Thanks to your MVP
Dude like we've not seen Lebron's teams get soft calls! Go and watch Heat vs OKC again

I'm not saying Lebron didn't play well I'm saying he definitely did not deliver an offensive nor defensive masterpiece.

Curry was even worse and while Dellavedova had an excellent game, Curry had been struggling since Game 1. He's only played one good quarter of basketball. Shoot even the Dellavedova you are hailing now was useless in Game 1. These things are about ebb and flow. Who Lebron has out is not our business sha. He left the Heat cos he obviously thought Wade, Bosh, Allen, Lewis and co could not help him to another ring and felt he had a better chance with Kyrie and later on Love. If he wins it would be remarkable and would add to his legend, if he loses then its yet another NBA Finals fail. Shikena
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:14pm On Jun 08, 2015
CorneliusSulla8:

His all round game last nite was a masterpiece
Efficiency generally plummets when usage rate increases I doubt his usage rate has ever been higher.
Masterpiece in rebounding yes and to a lesser extent assists but his shooting was ghastly. Credit to the Cavs anyway they need to win ugly and keep things grimy like this. His high usage rate does not defend 30% shooting and is not sustainable IMO

This is some of the worst shooting I've seen in Finals history. Can the Cavs and LBJ keep that going all series long tho? Like we saw last year with the Spurs. When the shots started to fall in games 3 and 4 the Heat could not cope
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:53pm On Jun 08, 2015
A40:

Where you been son?

This guy wetin Kobe do you nau?

The Warriors were unbelievably baad! Did they think the Cavs were just going to fall down and die after losing Kyrie? If they keep playing like this the unthinkable might happen and the Cavs pull off an epic upset. Steph Curry you can't parade yourself as MVP and shoot 5-23 at home

ok.. ima leave kobe be for now lol. until i find said clips.

warriors came out flat. i guess they thought cavs would just roll over. the cavs now have confidence, and they could very well win 2 in cleveland and put the warriors on the ropes.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:23am On Jun 09, 2015
A40:

Dude like we've not seen Lebron's teams get soft calls! Go and watch Heat vs OKC again

I'm not saying Lebron didn't play well I'm saying he definitely did not deliver an offensive nor defensive masterpiece

Shebi you see why I talk say Lebron's fans make it very easy to tear him apart when analyzing games, they want to throw his greatness and uniqueness in your face during arguments every second but they expect you to pity him each time you argue factually with them.

If I am to grade Lebrons performance last night I would give him a C+ or B- if I was to be kinder.

Once again Lebrons Clutchness was questioned last night, would you rather have Lebron shoot 2 free throws with 3seconds to the end of the game or another player? personally for me I believe Mathew Dellavedova carried the Cavs on his back last night, without him the Cavs lose game 2, he kept Curry very quiet, was active rebounding the ball and he made 2 very clutch free throws, that for me was the performer of the night and not Lebron.

Last night I think the Warriors got away with some home cooking calls, Lebron was fouled severally but Tony brothers preferred to turn a blind eye, I expect the situation to be reversed in Cleaveland.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by silver94(m): 9:25am On Jun 09, 2015
Watch out 4 Game 3 guys. It's not yet over. I piped Houston Rocket during their conference final against Warriors. See what happened. So u guys should chill and watch the next game.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:26pm On Jun 09, 2015
birdman:

ok.. ima leave kobe be for now lol. until i find said clips.

warriors came out flat. i guess they thought cavs would just roll over. the cavs now have confidence, and they could very well win 2 in cleveland and put the warriors on the ropes.
Yeah and maybe a tad overconfident. Its incredibly rare for home teams to win both Games 1 and 2 in the Finals in recent times at least infact its not happened since 09

The way I see it the Warriors still have the edge and would at least leave Cleveland with the series tied
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:33pm On Jun 09, 2015
Roland17:

Shebi you see why I talk say Lebron's fans make it very easy to tear him apart when analyzing games, they want to throw his greatness and uniqueness in your face during arguments every second but they expect you to pity him each time you argue factually with them.

If I am to grade Lebrons performance last night I would give him a C+ or B- if I was to be kinder.

Once again Lebrons Clutchness was questioned last night, would you rather have Lebron shoot 2 free throws with 3seconds to the end of the game or another player? personally for me I believe Mathew Dellavedova carried the Cavs on his back last night, without him the Cavs lose game 2, he kept Curry very quiet, was active rebounding the ball and he made 2 very clutch free throws, that for me was the performer of the night and not Lebron.

Last night I think the Warriors got away with some home cooking calls, Lebron was fouled severally but Tony brothers preferred to turn a blind eye, I expect the situation to be reversed in Cleaveland.
A lot of unsung heroes on that night but its normal to hail Lebron I personally think he played well but he missed far too many shots. The Warriors are not going to shoot 30% percent all series long and Curry wouldn't hit 21% either

Home cooking is common in the playoffs. The Heat enjoyed it vs the Pacers last year. Its fairly normal for home teams to get majority of the calls. In Game 1 Lebron got away with a lot of elbows and blows to GSW players. He could easily have fouled out! these things tend to even out IMO
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 3:05pm On Jun 09, 2015
Been long I said something here

To be sincere, Cavs win was solely their defense not offense. Curry shot too poor for an MVP!!!

Warriors has the best road wins this season and most blowouts have been at the opponent team's court
If warriors fail to pick up a win or two on the road, then they aren't really worth the hype

Game 3 tonight!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 09, 2015
game 3 tonight uhh,

who is ready?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:20am On Jun 10, 2015
someone tell curry to take better and smarter shots. u dont take horrible shots when even the clean ones arent going in
Re: The NBA Begins by kingsilly(m): 3:20am On Jun 10, 2015
Steph step up nahh
3pt @ half time
Re: The NBA Begins by JustKay3(m): 3:20am On Jun 10, 2015
LeBron still getting no love from the ref.

And...either Delly's find a space in Curry's head or someone paid him to bail out on his team. :Seriously though, if Harden, Durant,et al are having a stinker like Curry is right now, they will be mauled by everybody.
Re: The NBA Begins by kingsilly(m): 3:21am On Jun 10, 2015
Donlittle:
someone tell curry to take better and smarter shots. u dont take horrible shots when even the clean ones arent going in

Cavaliers are too physical..
I don't like their game tactics
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:22am On Jun 10, 2015
kingsilly:

Cavaliers are too physical..
I don't like their game tactics
its the finals, it is very physical. Go hard or go home
Re: The NBA Begins by kingsilly(m): 3:23am On Jun 10, 2015
Donlittle:
its the playoffs, it is very physical. Go hard or go home

I still tip off GSW to win the series overall
Re: The NBA Begins by kingsilly(m): 3:25am On Jun 10, 2015
Donlittle:
its the finals, it is very physical. Go hard or go home

Curry just need to find his mojo Back

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (2198) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.