Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,907 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1611561 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (2192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:18am On Jul 07, 2015
00francis:
Pop is seriously on to something...

David West left 12million with the pacers to join the spurs at 1.5.

My cousin said "Pop is playing chess other teams playing checkers"
aka everyone wants a ring! But next season wud b something else.... West getting tougher.... Am betting d Championship would come from the west again
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:40am On Jul 07, 2015
Shebi I was telling Sircumalot. The Lakers not being able to get players has nothing to do with Kobe. If they could compete for a title players would join regardless

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by 00francis: 12:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
kliq:

Huge pay cut(desperate) good for the team all the same....yet the Western Conference getting even tougher

Mizzzbeee:
aka everyone wants a ring! But next season wud b something else.... West getting tougher.... Am betting d Championship would come from the west again

No doubt getting to the Finals from the West right now is definitely no jolly ride.

Spurs better live to the expectations upon them...if things go south, David West would arguably be the biggest loser.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by will007: 2:04pm On Jul 08, 2015
No word on kevin durant's fitness
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:31pm On Jul 08, 2015
Getting Aldridge definitely improves the Spurs offense with some youth, energy and experience all in one but same can not be said about his defense, despite his length, size and wing span Aldridge is one of the worst low post defenders for his position in the league, i expect his numbers to fall because of the style of offense the Spurs play, or should I say the Spurs don't necessarily need him to score tons to win games, there are no primary scorers in that team compared to his previous team the Blazers.

Good thing he is playing for arguably the best coach in the league, his persona fits the Spurs ideology and he can learn a lot from Pop and the three hall of famers in that roaster.
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 7:30pm On Jul 08, 2015
Roland17:
Getting Aldridge definitely improves the Spurs offense with some youth, energy and experience all in one but same can not be said about his defense, despite his length, size and wing span Aldridge is one of the worst low post defenders for his position in the league, i expect his numbers to fall because of the style of offense the Spurs play, or should I say the Spurs don't necessarily need him to score tons to win games, there are no primary scorers in that team compared to his previous team the Blazers.

Good thing he is playing for arguably the best coach in the league, his persona fits the Spurs ideology and he can learn a lot from Pop and the three hall of famers in that roaster.

Lol. Ooh Mpa thinks his offense is why spurs got him not defense.

The Spurs defense never clicked against Clippers. They're running on old legs (Duncan) throughout that series and the missing 2 of the "big 3" really showed their lazy bones. We want Spurs of 2012 - 2014 season back and Ooh mpa is really optimistic in this new lineup.

Aldridge can't even stop a teddy but he got the best covering for him: Duncan and Leonard even West. He's brought in to ease Duncan's play under the rim. Giving he's a double double machine any day shows you Pop no come play this season at all

Warriors, OKC and Spurs will run riot in the west. Blazers and probably Mavericks might drop for Pelicans and an underdog maybe Lakers. This is why Ooh mpa dey pity teams like Suns, dem no get option to be in this war zone

But Cavs will have an easy ride in the east if all players are injury free. Bulls second and the others will continue to play back and forth. Na this conference Ooh Mpa dey call "TenTen Conference" sad
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:53pm On Jul 08, 2015
will007:
No word on kevin durant's fitness
He will be back next season

Interesting drama building up between the Mavs and Clippers for DeAndre, it seems he might stay in L.A afterall. Cuban shoulda gone for Hibbert jeje
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:17pm On Jul 08, 2015
Roland17:

I think they can hide LaMarcus in that defence, the Spurs are not quite the best anymore on defence anyway. They actually rely more on their offence.
So on nights Tim Duncan is struggling on that end he will be more than able to step up, that's assuming he is not the focal point of the offence already. The thing is Kawhi showed he is not quite ready to be a consistent volume scorer just yet so playing for Aldridge was a no-brainer

I wonder how they handle their Center position, Aldridge was pretty clear he doesn't want to play Center so you have to wonder if 39 year old Duncan has to start there next year

In other news KG extends, now to play in his 21st season. first player to play in his teens, twenties, thirties and potentially forties
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 11:48pm On Jul 08, 2015
@A40
Duncan,aldridge and diaw can split minutes in the Cener position even west sef in small ball setups.

If Deandre changes his mind I'll lose respect for him why announce if he wasn't certain ?
Whichever way these goes Mavs vs Clippers na must watch.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:11am On Jul 09, 2015
SIRcumalot:
@A40
Duncan,aldridge and diaw can split minutes in the Cener position even west sef in small ball setups.

If Deandre changes his mind I'll lose respect for him why announce if he wasn't certain ?
Whichever way these goes Mavs vs Clippers na must watch.
Yeah I forgot they still have Diaw

DeAndre is just a crazeman! Anyway its not his fault I blame it on the dearth of Centers in the League

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:01am On Jul 09, 2015
Breaking news: D. Jordan has officially retracted his verbal aggrement to join the Dallas Mavericks, he has rejoined the Clippers..

Very sad day for the Mavs, I remember my earlier post about the Mavs attracting free agents, it's all coming to fruition, oblivion is calling, I wonder how Mark Cuban handles this stiuation.
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 2:52pm On Jul 09, 2015
The Mavs got punked cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:33pm On Jul 09, 2015
kliq:

Biggggg timeeeee ehhhhh
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:34pm On Jul 09, 2015
Roland17:

I am worried about the Mavs, The Dallas Mavericks need a miracle in the West as they are gradually losing relevance, T.Chandler, Monta Elis, Aminu have all gone, Cuban has to make pragmatic decisions with regards to the roaster, I doubt you can convince anyone to come to Dallas by selling an aged Dirk as an incentive. many teams are indifferent about this year's free agency, waiting for next year's class which is more talented.

I believe Rondo would sign with a team in the West for a year to prove he is still a premier PG and then wait to get the big money afterwards, there are talks about the Kings wanting to speak with him, I am watching carefully to know how he handles this situation.

Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 4:17pm On Jul 09, 2015
[quote author=Roland17 post=35670047][/quote]

You saw it coming....seems the meeting he had with teammates played a huge role in his decision though he acted confused
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 5:12pm On Jul 09, 2015
kliq:

The guy look Mavs, na one 37 year old wey dey there, no PG, no SG, no C. Look Clippers, with The Truth wey dey come team plus Griffin and CP3

No be jazz do am, na common sense
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:33pm On Jul 09, 2015
This DeAndre is a b@stard oo! From a basketball standpoint he must have realized no awoof lob dunks for him and from a business standpoint the Clips could offer the most money, its a no-brainer

Which begs the question, why did he say he was leaving and agreed to a deal with the Mavs in the first place? Then he wasn't even man enough to tell the organization he had changed his mind and went behind to contact the Clippers. The worst part was he waited till the last possible minute when every decent center had been yanked off the market to pull such a classless maneuver

For someone so tall he is quite the mental midget and if there is any justice in the world he would shred the ACL in both his knees on opening night

Cuban should have gotten a fall-back option so he also has himself to blame. Its unlikely Chandler does a 180 and so its back to square 1. Not that DeAndre would be enough to get past Golden State, Spurs or even a healthy OKC but at least defence for improve
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 5:54pm On Jul 09, 2015
OohMpa:

The guy look Mavs, na one 37 year old wey dey there, no PG, no SG, no C. Look Clippers, with The Truth wey dey come team plus Griffin and CP3

No be jazz do am, na common sense

Na true talk cheesy

Guess he wanted to be sweet-talked into re-signing which he got at the end.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:37pm On Jul 11, 2015
The modern era of social networking gave birth to unprofessional and immature means of communicating and resolving differences amicably within the business circle, the whole debacle with D. Jordan, M. Cuban and the Clippers organization shows how immature DJ truly is.

Cuban is a successful businessman, I want to believe he is used to buyers remorse but he also anticipates the buyer is classy enough to express themselves when buying out of a business, DJ blew this one for me, I personally believe he weighed circumstances after verbally committing to the Mavs and made the best decision for his career because let's be honest, even if the Mavs succeeded in getting DJ they would struggle for the 8th spot but his chances to the championship are stronger with the Clippers but sending tweet messages to apologize is flat out disrespectful to a man like Cuban and the Mavs nation, DJ is a wimp let me just put it that way, he easily could have met Cuban who I want to believe already knows DJ was backing out and talk heart to heart with Cuban, this whole shenanigans questions his personality.

To the Mavs nation, I feel the pain...trust me, I would be rooting against Clippers all season for this one even when they play against Lecramp and his whining lot..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 1:51pm On Jul 12, 2015
Joel Embiid set to undergo another foot surgery and will miss the whole of next season(2straight seasons) The kid is yet to play a game in the NBA....I hope is not getting paid for not playing? undecided

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 1:54pm On Jul 12, 2015
Deron Williams heading to Mavs
Re: The NBA Begins by will007: 9:26pm On Jul 12, 2015
Drafted players really shining in the summer league
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 8:05pm On Jul 15, 2015
kliq:
Joel Embiid set to undergo another foot surgery and will miss the whole of next season(2straight seasons) The kid is yet to play a game in the NBA....I hope is not getting paid for not playing? undecided

Wots wrong with this guy na.....ahan...wish him well tho!
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 8:57pm On Jul 15, 2015
joephemzyz:

Wots wrong with this guy na.....ahan...wish him well tho!

Crazy yeah,just hope he doesn't end up like Greg Oden
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:46am On Jul 16, 2015
Roland17:
The modern era of social networking gave birth to unprofessional and immature means of communicating and resolving differences amicably within the business circle, the whole debacle with D. Jordan, M. Cuban and the Clippers organization shows how immature DJ truly is.

Cuban is a successful businessman, I want to believe he is used to buyers remorse but he also anticipates the buyer is classy enough to express themselves when buying out of a business, DJ blew this one for me, I personally believe he weighed circumstances after verbally committing to the Mavs and made the best decision for his career because let's be honest, even if the Mavs succeeded in getting DJ they would struggle for the 8th spot but his chances to the championship are stronger with the Clippers but sending tweet messages to apologize is flat out disrespectful to a man like Cuban and the Mavs nation, DJ is a wimp let me just put it that way, he easily could have met Cuban who I want to believe already knows DJ was backing out and talk heart to heart with Cuban, this whole shenanigans questions his personality.

To the Mavs nation, I feel the pain...trust me, I would be rooting against Clippers all season for this one even when they play against Lecramp and his whining lot..

Putting Cuban and class in the same sentence LOL. Cuban in on shark Tank, and he knows business. Until someone signs a drafted contract, its all hearsay. Cuban knows that. If anything, Cuban on purpose spilled communications that were supposed to be private to make himself look good and keep the fans eyes off him. Jordan did nothing Cuban hasnt done before. He apologized to avoid being the villian Cuban wanted to cast him as.

I wish Nowitzki would go somewhere else to finish his career. I have to think personally, Nowitzki loathes shady characters like Cuban. And dont let me start on the mavs fans. A youtube video is better than a paragraph...This is actually how a lot of mavs fans are (bro culture, borderline racist and very self entitled). If thats what you want to root for, meh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAEDVUcoANw
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:51am On Jul 16, 2015
kliq:

Crazy yeah,just hope he doesn't end up like Greg Oden

He already is undecided

even if he makes it and plays, can he last a whole season?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:22am On Jul 16, 2015
birdman:

Putting Cuban and class in the same sentence LOL. Cuban in on shark Tank, and he knows business. Until someone signs a drafted contract, its all hearsay. Cuban knows that. If anything, Cuban on purpose spilled communications that were supposed to be private to make himself look good and keep the fans eyes off him. Jordan did nothing Cuban hasnt done before. He apologized to avoid being the villian Cuban wanted to cast him as.

I wish Nowitzki would go somewhere else to finish his career. I have to think personally, Nowitzki loathes shady characters like Cuban. And dont let me start on the mavs fans. A youtube video is better than a paragraph...This is actually how a lot of mavs fans are (bro culture, borderline racist and very self entitled). If thats what you want to root for, meh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAEDVUcoANw

I disagree with a lot of your sentiments up there, agreed Cuban is a shrewd business mogul and Infact i am huge fan of the show shark tank, it's about making the best deal in the perfect conditions with stakes high for a commodity believed to have high prospects with investments.

The issue here is not the fact that D.J reneged in his verbal aggrement...far from it, it's how immature and unprofessional he communicated his decision, shunting calls and messages and waiting after two days to address an owner about your decision on Tweeter, I don't know about you but I have extensive knowledge on business ethics and communication and that particular action is irresponsible to put kindly.

Dirk could not be happier with the Mavs organization, what else does Dirk seek in basketball that he has not achieved with the Mavs? He has won finals MVP, regular season MVP, he has a championship ring, has 13 all star selections, hall of fame bound and a fan favorite irrespective where the Mavs play has an excellent relationship with Cuban even though Cuban can be termed overbearing at times, Dirk's personality suits the Mavs, if anything he is grateful Cuban built the team around him and making trades that ensured his talents are maximized, why would he jump ship? What for exactly?

Yarn something else bro, no team in competitive sports can boast of a 100% satisfied fan base and the rascist talk is a general stuff in "white america" ask eminem...shebi na the same America wen we dey..I can't even vouch for the fan base of my Celtics...it's an American problem rooted in history..
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 6:11am On Jul 16, 2015
birdman:

He already is undecided

even if he makes it and plays, can he last a whole season?

Oh well if he recovers fully,he would have a good time in the league....still just 21yrs
Re: The NBA Begins by bigsam2010: 12:36pm On Jul 16, 2015
Soccer/International Clubs/Club Friendly Games
16/07/15 18:30
Eintracht Norderstedt - VfR Neumunster
Pick: Both Team Score
Score:

Total Odds: 1.80
Bookmaker: Merrybet
Total Result:

Source:-
Forum: www.nairaland.com/2428391/free-single-bet-day
Email: freesinglebetng@yahoo.com
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:48pm On Jul 16, 2015
That Latvian kid really balling in the Summer League

So its Williams and Pachulia

Roland17:

DJ is a douchegoblin. Its not that he scorned Cuban its that he waited the last possible minute with all potential replacements gone to do it. This is someone that praised you to the highest level even talking up his mediocre and non existent offensive game

I'm consoled with the fact that the Clippers would once again not get past the 2nd round and with any justice in the world DJ would shred his ACL on opening night
Re: The NBA Begins by bigsam2010: 4:41pm On Jul 20, 2015
MerryBet: Unbelievable Payout Experience

Dear Punters,

I want to confirm to you that MerryBet is still maintaining her integrity and champion among other bookmakers in Nigeria. I actually made a payout at the early hour of Thursday morning, thinking that the money will come in 72hrs as others does.... But to my surprise, I got an alert on my phone at the same day by 13:50:16pm, which is less than 7hrs.

Sincerely writing, I give it to MERRYBET. This is an advice and a means of campaigning for the new punters and others that were experiencing bitterness from other bookmakers to give it a trial.

The company also promised of rolling out a higher odds above other bookies for the coming English 2015/2016 season

For a new registration, click on the following link: http://www./Odds/registration/affiliate197881

MERRYBET - Where Champions play
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 8:24am On Jul 21, 2015
Shaq Vs Pippen Instagram battle cheesy

"Poor Scottie Pippen. For one of the greatest players ever to dribble a basketball, the man takes a whole lot of flak. The culprit behind today's dose of disrespect? None other than The Big Aristotle.

On Sunday, Shaq took to Instagram to make a random (and bold) claim that the best players ever to don a Lakers uniform would embarrass a potent Bulls squad by 50 points:"

Shaq osted picture of the greatest players of each position for both teams,scot responded and Shaq called him sidekick cheesy

Scot replied with a pix showing Shaq as the real sidekick by playing with Kobe,Nash,Wade,Lebron...TKO grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (2192) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.