Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1616697 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (2199) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
joephemzyz:
Hello basketball fam, where una dey na.
Gone till October

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:38am On Oct 01, 2015
A40:

Gone till October

i know rite. This should be an interesting season. I think the playoff seeding has now been changed to favor best record not just division champions. I expect the games to be way more competitive, especially after all star break.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:40am On Oct 01, 2015
in other news, is anyone here interested in fantasy nba for the season? Maybe we can do yahoo fantasy this time, I think it is more enjoyable depending on the settings
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 01, 2015
birdman:
in other news, is anyone here interested in fantasy nba for the season? Maybe we can do yahoo fantasy this time, I think it is more enjoyable depending on the settings
yes, you can set it up and let us know.

my dallas is going to struggle, but my man rick carlise is at the helm of affairs, i am not even worried. you know, i think this guy is underrated and i will rate him above doc rivers

oh derrick rose? what can i say, this dude is worried about getting paid in 2017, and he got injured the next day, talk about glass body and karma.

lets talk tristan thonpson, i say just fire the guy. why would a bench warmer want the max? I think lebron caused this filth, if he had kept is mouth shot in the beginning and not say we want him back yadayada, then thompson wont be feeling untouchable, now homie wants 18mil.

oh yea NBA fans, lets get the thread popping
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 6:55pm On Oct 01, 2015
Donlittle:

my dallas is going to struggle, but my man rick carlise is at the helm of affairs, i am not even worried. you know, i think this guy is underrated and i will rate him above doc rivers

oh derrick rose? what can i say, this dude is worried about getting paid in 2017, and he got injured the next day, talk about glass body and karma.

lets talk tristan thonpson, i say just fire the guy. why would a bench warmer want the max? I think lebron caused this filth, if he had kept is mouth shot in the beginning and not say we want him back yadayada, then thompson wont be feeling untouchable, now homie wants 18mil.

I wan see the magic rick carlise one work with deron willams,the dude for portland recovering from the ACl injury,old man dirk and parsons.
No playoff for dallas this season.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:06am On Oct 02, 2015
SIRcumalot:

I wan see the magic rick carlise one work with deron willams,the dude for portland recovering from the ACl injury,old man dirk and parsons.
Who in the West do you think would knock the Mavs out of the Playoffs?

Donlittle:

Rick Carlisle is definitely better than Doc Rivers. I have always felt Rivers is a good coach but a tad overrated.

Derrick Rose. Smh! He is lucky its not the NFL else he would have been cut since.

Well the Cavs boxed themselves into this position anyway, they have massively overpaid for Kevin Love and other guys want more too. If they could come to some kind of understanding before the cap space balloons next season i think it will be beneficial for both sides. Somehow I am not sure Tristan will get 18 on the open market as well. He is not a franchise changer not even close
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:33am On Oct 02, 2015
SIRcumalot:

remember the year we won the championship, the year after, then the year after, we almost made the playoffs, cant remember any name from that freaking roster apart from terry. Nowitkzi was out for half of the year, and we were two or three games away from the playoffs that year if i remember correctly. Trust me when i say, we will be making the playoffs if dirk plays okay and deron williams comes back from the land of the dead to the land of the living, what we do in the playoffs na another matter.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:42am On Oct 02, 2015
A40:

Who in the West do you think would knock the Mavs out of the Playoffs?

Rick Carlisle is definitely better than Doc Rivers. I have always felt Rivers is a good coach but a tad overrated.

Derrick Rose. Smh! He is lucky its not the NFL else he would have been cut since.

Well the Cavs boxed themselves into this position anyway, they have massively overpaid for Kevin Love and other guys want more too. If they could come to some kind of understanding before the cap space balloons next season i think it will be beneficial for both sides. Somehow I am not sure Tristan will get 18 on the open market as well. He is not a franchise changer not even close
I dont think any organization will pay tristan more than 12-13 to be honest. he only rebounds the ball. i guess being lebrom buddy helps.

Did you hear the other kid at chicago wamts to run the point? jimmy butler?

I have been trying to tell people, carlise knows his X and O very well. The only coach better than him is greg poppovich. I dont think anyone come closes right now. The way he utilizes these guys is unbelievable. I just think mark cuban hasnt done a great job of giving carlise and dirk enough weapons to work with.

Unless deron comes back to his old self and balls out for dallas and we get a good center(maybe has potential but he isnt focused) i wont be suprised to see rick walking away once dirk contracts runs out. cause cuban isnt the kind of guy to tank or rebuild, but the days of riding dirk will soon be over and i dont know what will happen next.

The spurs organization got aldrige for the next 6-8 years, wit kawhi leonard, i dont know who cuban is going to get.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:59am On Oct 02, 2015
@A40
OKC

@donlittle
Best case scenario is for dallas to fight new orleans for the 8th seed.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2015
SIRcumalot:
@A40 OKC
@donlittle Best case scenario is for dallas to fight new orleans for the 8th seed.
You have forgotten Portland have lost Aldridge, Batum and Matthews
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:44am On Oct 03, 2015
welcome to nairaleague! Hopefully we can get 8-10 ppl. this should be much easier to manage (and more fun) than the one we tried last year
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:41pm On Oct 03, 2015
I watched highlights from the Clippers vs Nuggets preseason game and the stupidity of his initial reason to agree with the Mavs became even more glaring, if DJ thinks he would be an integral option of the Clippers offense then he is kidding himself.

The Tristan Thompson situation is one of those instances where the superstars should shut up and allow the front office do their job, Lebron weighing on this issue makes it harder to deal with, the Cavs have to look at the future when commuting to deals now considering LBJ would not be there forever or better still his dominance and relevance would dwindle as the years pass..there is absolutely no way Thompson is a max player..no way.

As for those rating Carlisle above Doc, I would resist the temptation of delving into that argument this early..it's a subjective opinion thus we are all entitled to one, personally the only coach I would rank higher than Doc at this time is of course the old horse with the Spurs..again it's a subjective opinion.
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 2:09pm On Oct 03, 2015
birdman:
welcome to nairaleague! Hopefully we can get 8-10 ppl. this should be much easier to manage (and more fun) than the one we tried last year
just joined, pls how does the fantasy sport work?
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 8:29am On Oct 17, 2015
birdman:

Yea,I think that site is no longer running a fantasy league again.We'll need strictly nairalanders to join this one so we can talk at it on the forum as we had people who were not nairalanders there.The draft is next week and we have just 3 teams there.Do u think we can get more teams if it goes through front page?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:55am On Oct 20, 2015
Skywalker5:

Yea,I think that site is no longer running a fantasy league again.We'll need strictly nairalanders to join this one so we can talk at it on the forum as we had people who were not nairalanders there.The draft is next week and we have just 3 teams there.Do u think we can get more teams if it goes through front page?

wsup sky. I figured people will start joining in the last week, Nigerian time grin. Lemme ping a few ppl who might be interested. I am a little wary of anyone just signing up and then abandoning after 3 weeks. the following folk are the bball regulars I know who might be interested in the league

Join nairaleague 2015/16 Yahoo Fantasy NBA
kliq
A40
Ewuro4
Ewuro5
Donlittle
Roland17
SIRcumalot
joephemzyz
r231
00francis
Mizzzbeee
Mynd44
Decale
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:00am On Oct 20, 2015
Killrhymz:
just joined, pls how does the fantasy sport work?

im sure i replied to this post earlier . U might want to read up the help page on yahoo. Its easy once u get the hang of it. Basically you draft about 10 players for your team, and play them against other nairalanders every week. You will compete in several categories including pts, assists, rebounds etc. Towards the end of the season, teams with the best record compete for playoffs

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 11:32am On Oct 20, 2015
birdman:

im sure i replied to this post earlier . U might want to read up the help page on yahoo. Its easy once u get the hang of it. Basically you draft about 10 players for your team, and play them against other nairalanders every week. You will compete in several categories including pts, assists, rebounds etc. Towards the end of the season, teams with the best record compete for playoffs
Happy to be invited
But I don't really like fantasy league.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 20, 2015
i just joined lol. i did the last minute thing because i had to create a yahoo page. this is my 20th one probably, i usually forget the damn password
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:55am On Oct 21, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Happy to be invited
But I don't really like fantasy league.

no shakin... just checking who might be interested. maybe some folk here can work off that midseason aggression when Kobe starts bricking like no tomorrow tongue

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 2:49pm On Oct 23, 2015
birdman:

wsup sky. I figured people will start joining in the last week, Nigerian time grin. Lemme ping a few ppl who might be interested. I am a little wary of anyone just signing up and then abandoning after 3 weeks. the following folk are the bball regulars I know who might be interested in the league

Join nairaleague 2015/16 Yahoo Fantasy NBA
kliq
A40
Ewuro4
Ewuro5
Donlittle
Roland17
SIRcumalot
joephemzyz
r231
00francis
Mizzzbeee
Mynd44
Decale

We have just 4 teams as at today. Will the draft still go on?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:21am On Oct 24, 2015
Skywalker5:

We have just 4 teams as at today. Will the draft still go on?

I just moved the draft to Saturday the 31st. We will miss the initial week, but I think more people will return to this thread by then and sign up. A few days watching players should make for a more informative draft too.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:24am On Oct 24, 2015
On Tuesday, after the opening games, I will also create another thread specifically asking a wider audience to join. I'm hoping by then folks that visit this thread have already signed up. We need 8 minimum to have competitive and meaningful season
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:06am On Oct 24, 2015
we gotta start posting on every theeads lol. but i dont think i want people that will just join and never come back on the damn thing. Eight people that will be active is enough to make it competetive.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:57pm On Oct 24, 2015
The intensity from the preseason is pretty interesting, ballers seem thirsty for some real competition..a lot of changes to team roasters, I expect a more competitive season.

@Birdman
I really appreciate the initiative and the invitation, I wish to participate but I have numerous commitments and would hate to disappoint the group during the season by being inactive and guess what?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:37am On Oct 25, 2015
Roland17:
The intensity from the preseason is pretty interesting, ballers seem thirsty for some real competition..a lot of changes to team roasters, I expect a more competitive season.

@Birdman
I really appreciate the initiative and the invitation, I wish to participate but I have numerous commitments and would hate to disappoint the group during the season by being inactive and guess what?

No worries bro. I was kinda concerned about being too busy mid season too, but Yahoo is much easier to manage.

We got 6 right now. I opened up another thread on Sports too. There have been so many power moves this year that I am not sure how the league, especially the West will shake out. Draft is next week saturday!
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 11:41am On Oct 25, 2015
Hello guys...I'm really interested in this, pls how do I get started na
grin
I somehow figgad it out guyz...hehehehe
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 12:17pm On Oct 25, 2015
So now, I downloaded the app from the amazon store and I'm awaiting draft day!
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:19pm On Oct 25, 2015
joephemzyz:

nice one. app is way more convenient anyhow

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
joephemzyz:
welcome to the fam

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 25, 2015
i am trying to think of the best people to pick when the draft gets deep. Those 6th 7th or 8th rounders that will give u good points

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (2199) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.