Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1617310 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (2199) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:56pm On Apr 30, 2016
SIRcumalot:

why is what am saying such an abomination ?
I never said Beverly was better than Lin. lin is better,just that you will get the best out of harden when he handles the ball more.
I gave a further example with lawson. am really surprised at the reception of what am saying it not like it is new.

@donlittle so nothing in support of Cuban?

We were one game away from the Finals last year, if not for Harden's almost 20 turnovers. So I cant agree with anything that has Harden handling the ball more.

I get what you are saying, but the point guard makes other players better. If you are saying Beverly is not the better point guard, but he makes harden better, then there is a contradiction somewhere. I think the contradiction lies in your assuming that Harden's game is ok, that he should handle the ball as much as he does.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:59pm On Apr 30, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
Playoffs is soo boring undecided undecided angry

yep. injury bug has made west playoffs very boring. the east is much more competitive, but even that is not saying much. I have to admit, playoffs need some curry
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 12:46am On May 01, 2016
birdman:

We were one game away from the Finals last year, if not for Harden's almost 20 turnovers. So I cant agree with anything that has Harden handling the ball more.

I get what you are saying, but the point guard makes other players better. If you are saying Beverly is not the better point guard, but he makes harden better, then there is a contradiction somewhere. I think the contradiction lies in your assuming that Harden's game is ok, that he should handle the ball as much as he does.
I see why my point was misunderstood,
I think harden game is alright.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:40am On May 01, 2016
Roland17:

Cuban is killing his chances of landing an All star free agent with his mouth, Dirk has been very clear all season that he does not want to be a part of any rebuilding process.

A40 wants the Mavs to toss house money on Whiteside, i am not exactly sure he is a superstar, he may bring interior defense, however, he is no Tyson Chandler and this post season has proven he does not offer any interior offense and is susceptible to becoming disengaged and isolated because he lacks the low post moves.

Rick Carlisle is one of my favorite coaches because he understands tactics, he has managed to keep a fairly average roaster with an aging superstar competitive.
Just wasting Dirk's loyalty for nothing

The Mavs do not need a Superstar. They need a competent defensive presence in the post. They let in far too many points to become an elite team. Tyson Chandler has no offense besides dunks and put backs either. He was just a good fit.

I heard Williams is opting out so now they need to get a PG
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:42am On May 01, 2016
birdman:

We were one[b] Series [/b]away from the Finals last year, if not for Harden's almost 20 turnovers. So I cant agree with anything that has Harden handling the ball more.

FIXED

Walton to the Lakers. Smart pickup if you ask me
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:18am On May 01, 2016
OKC losing by thirty. Terrible Terrible Team
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:32am On May 01, 2016
Skywalker5:

You call my man Durant a kid? i am fuming angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Ummmmm..shebi you see why i call Durant and his lot Kids? this blow out no be here. L.Aldridge is just eating these guys like "barbecue chicken".
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 3:08am On May 01, 2016
Roland17:

Ummmmm..shebi you see why i call Durant and his lot Kids? this blow out no be here. L.Aldridge is just eating these guys like "barbecue chicken".

Westbrook is the problem.too many bad shots.makes me think Cuban was spot on when he said Westbrook is not a super star.

Also Leonard and lamarcus are walking through their defence easily.
Re: The NBA Begins by realnas(m): 3:12am On May 01, 2016
Roland17:

bro this is a slaughter
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:12am On May 01, 2016
grin grin grin grin

Can we get to the wcf finals already?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:16am On May 01, 2016
Aldridge reminds me of a primetime Dirk
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 4:23am On May 01, 2016
Warriors should be worried.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:37am On May 01, 2016
Skywalker5:
Warriors should be worried.

San Antonio has to end this series very early to stand a legitimate chance against Curry and the Warriors. Popovic clearly understands this, and if for any reason this series drags into a game seven, the Spurs might struggle to win the series and if they do they would struggle against the Warriors in the WCF.

I love the Spurs against Skywalker5 and his OKC kids, however, they must end the series very early.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 4:44am On May 01, 2016
Roland17:

San Antonio has to end this series very early to stand a legitimate chance against Curry and the Warriors. Popovic clearly understands this, and if for any reason this series drags into a game seven, the Spurs might struggle to win the series and if they do they would struggle against the Warriors in the WCF.

I love the Spurs against Skywalker5 and his OKC kids, however, they must end the series very early.

I don't like the spurs but I will be happy if spurs are crowned champions than for LeBron to get that crown.I would love the warriors to advance to the finals but their biggest challenge is still the Spurs.

I like OKC but I know they ain't championship ready.something is either missing or wrong with that team.I will put my blame on westbrook. angry too many turnovers from him.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 6:04am On May 01, 2016
Skywalker5:

I don't like the spurs but I will be happy if spurs are crowned champions than for LeBron to get that crown.I would love the warriors to advance to the finals but their biggest challenge is still the Spurs.

I like OKC but I know they ain't championship ready.something is either missing or wrong with that team.I will put my blame on westbrook. angry too many turnovers from him.
I dont know what to say about the Thunders but then the numbers were just ridiculous.

For goodness sakes this is the playoff and by half time, it was already over and good night(or morning to me)

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 6:05am On May 01, 2016
Donlittle:
OKC losing by thirty. Terrible Terrible Team

Yeah they did not play so well, I love seeing Spurs win but not like this.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 10:48am On May 01, 2016
Can we get to the point where Cavs play Spurs/Warriors in the finals? undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 11:09am On May 01, 2016
Decale:
Can we get to the point where Cavs play Spurs/Warriors in the finals? undecided
More like "Can we skip to the point wjere Spurs/Warriors win the playoffs?"

The Cavs cannot stand against either of them. It will be murder
Re: The NBA Begins by ivyy(f): 12:31pm On May 01, 2016
A40:

FIXED

Walton to the Lakers. Smart pickup if you ask me

Hey dear, been trying to reach you via email but I have been unable to. I need a favour please embarassed
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:00pm On May 01, 2016
ivyy:

Hey dear, been trying to reach you via email but I have been unable to. I need a favour please embarassed
Lol does this email thing even work? What's up what is the matter
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:04pm On May 01, 2016
I would be very suprised if that Spurs vs OKC series gets past Game 5. In Leonard they have a guy that can completely shut down Durant. I don't think it would be as close a series as a lot of people would think
Re: The NBA Begins by ivyy(f): 6:35pm On May 01, 2016
A40:

Lol does this email thing even work? What's up what is the matter
Join my team please embarassed
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 01, 2016
A40:
I would be very suprised if that Spurs vs OKC series gets past Game 5. In Leonard they have a guy that can completely shut down Durant. I don't think it would be as close a series as a lot of people would think
you know i totally forgot that if Spurs do get to the finals, it will be an interesting series bevause it keeps skipping my mind that they have Aldridge. I usually forget maybe because spurs do not make a lot of noise
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:54pm On May 01, 2016
Blazers done knack head for wall today.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:43pm On May 01, 2016
Braaah was Steph Curry blocking Klay Thompson's shine all this time?

ivyy:

Join my team please embarassed
Lmaooo what is your team all about? I am curious. You are a cutie tho
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 9:58pm On May 01, 2016
A40:

Nah its very strategic! He has always been the wild card for the warriors. That silent undertaker who doesn't mind playing second place. Knowing that when he is needed, he can fit in perfectly grin cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 01, 2016
A40:

Lmaooo what is your team all about? I am curious. You are a cutie tho
Man, man is destroying a whole blazers.

Thing looks like he is playing easy against C.P.U.

Game was so easy, i turned it off and i am about to play 2K16
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:41pm On May 01, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
Nah its very strategic! He has always been the wild card for the warriors. That silent undertaker who doesn't mind playing second place. Knowing that when he is needed, he can fit in perfectly grin cheesy

If he can keep this up the Warriors should win in 5. People talk about Curry always but when this guy dropped 37pts in a quarter na him I start to dey fear am. If he got to the free throw line more often he would be doing 25pts a night easy

He already has 33pts and only 1 has come from the free throw line

Donlittle:
you know i totally forgot that if Spurs do get to the finals, it will be an interesting series bevause it keeps skipping my mind that they have Aldridge. I usually forget maybe because spurs do not make a lot of noise
Warriors vs Spurs would be a battle for the ages. I really hope Steph is healthy. There is talk of him coming back by Game 3 of this Portland series. They don't need him tho
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:22pm On May 01, 2016
Question everyone..

IS KLAY THOMPSON A FRANCHISE PLAYER?

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 11:23pm On May 01, 2016
A40:

If he can keep this up the Warriors should win in 5. People talk about Curry always but when this guy dropped 37pts in a quarter na him I start to dey fear am. If he got to the free throw line more often he would be doing 25pts a night easy

Warriors vs Spurs would be a battle for the ages. I really hope Steph is healthy. There is talk of him coming back by Game 3 of this Portland series. They don't need him tho

If Curry got to the stripe as often as others, he would make 36ppg too. Remember, he's the only guy in NBA history to drop 50+pts with only one free throw

And the warriors desperately need curry in game 3. Rip City handed them their largest defeat this season and I have a funny feeling Blazers will steal game 2 at the bay area.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 11:28pm On May 01, 2016
Roland17:
Question everyone..

IS KLAY THOMPSON A FRANCHISE PLAYER?

He's a pure scorer and explodes when needed but he's not a team leader. His skills are more of talent than hardwork unlike Curry. Green is a better leader

I will leave it at that...
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:30pm On May 01, 2016
Decale:

He's a pure scorer and explodes when needed but he's not a team leader. His skills are more of talent than hardwork unlike Curry. Green is a better leader

I will leave it at that...
Can you emphasize more on that highlighted part? I disagree on that.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (2199) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.