Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1616476 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (2199) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 9:49am On May 31, 2016
Skywalker5:

Exactly, Klay brought them back and Curry finished them off. I am taking nothing away from Curry. He is still playing well but lets give respect when respect is due, Klay has been the one taking care of the team this playoff. I know Curry is has not been 100% and you just said it yourself and Klay has been the one helping the team out. I love the team but Klay deserves some respect.

You keep saying he is not 100%. seems like you making excuse for Curry. Its a team game and someone has to step up and Klay did.
I am not taking anything away from him. Dude has been a beast. I believe its kinda unfair in a good way warriors has two lethal snipers on their team. I love the fact that he steps up to the challenge. Now we just need that big headed Barnes and the bench(Barbosa and livingston) to step up their game angry
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 9:50am On May 31, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
You have nothing to say infact you shud applaud him. He hasnt been 100% yet they are in the finals after 3-1 deficit. We dont do excuses, we get it done one way or the other tongue
if you guys weren't making excuses where did "he hasn't been 100% came from" when the future was bleak.
at this point almost everybody as tweaked something.
I'll applaud klay. curry? not yet.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 9:53am On May 31, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
They ddnt bring the same effort we saw in game 6...They were blaming each other on the court and playing sloppy. it was as if they gave up kinda
smh. im sure KD is leaving okc. a 3-1 comeback isnt a joke. its a big embarrassment. well just get ready for finals with us.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 9:53am On May 31, 2016
SIRcumalot:

if you guys weren't making excuses where did "he hasn't been 100% came from" when the future was bleak.
I never made excuses for him truout the blow out and deficits. go check my post. I am just stating the obvious and demanding some respect for him, that he has played the way he did even when he wasnt 100%. Be fair pls how many persons has "tweaked something" and he showed up at game 7
Re: The NBA Begins by kingsilly(m): 10:01am On May 31, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
You have nothing to say infact you shud applaud him. He hasnt been 100% yet they are in the finals after 3-1 deficit. We dont do excuses, we get it done one way or the other tongue

I disagree with you there mizzbee, I agree with skywalker5, this playoff was on the shoulder of Klay, through thick and thin, and he stood up to all, he's been superb all through the playoff, he's 70% reason dey are were they are today
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 10:06am On May 31, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
I am not taking anything away from him. Dude has been a beast. I believe its kinda unfair in a good way warriors has two lethal snipers on their team. I love the fact that he steps up to the challenge. Now we just need that big headed Barnes and the bench(Barbosa and livingston) to step up their game angry

I believe in the Warriors team as a whole. There bench is good enough to help win the ring against Queen James. I have not watched all their games but when i do,i enjoy watching the team as a whole,not just Curry,Klay and Green but Barbosa, livingston and the rest. They play as a team and its fun. I just dont want people to keep saying its Curry's team all the time and that is distraction to me.Draymond says that sometimes and i feel that can rub the team in a different way. Curry is so humble as he involves his team mates and always praising them. I feel fans should also keep it that way or else we would have to start comparing Curry to Mr "Check my stats" which i dont want to as thats one of the reasons why i dislike James.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:06am On May 31, 2016
kingsilly:

I disagree with you there mizzbee, I agree with skywalker5, this playoff was on the shoulder of Klay, through thick and thin, and he stood up to all, he's been superb all through the playoff, he's 70% reason dey are were they are today

I am not disagreeing at all never said it hasnt been on Klay's shoulder. What am saying is that writing off curry and saying he hasnt done anything is just unfair and no Klay's hype came in the matchup with OKC. he was normal Klay vs houston and blazers
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 10:07am On May 31, 2016
lolawilliams:
I know Curry is the 2× MVP and maybe the one of d greatest shooter ever but in a game of one on one Westbrook would bust his ass 7 days a week and twice on Sunday ..and ppl wld be comparing this 73_9 overrated gsw to 95_96 bulls.. this is just a home courr advantage.. They'll look for some excuse...

lolawilliams:

Watch okc beat spurs nd gsw and then becomes lebron james b!tch grin

lolawilliams:
I can smell now the finals match up cavs vs okc cheesy cheesy

lolawilliams:

Okc would be so silly to let gsw win again.. That home court adv is working for them. I think it will be cavs okc

lolawilliams:
cavs Vs Thunders. Finals cheesy grin

lolawilliams:
They won't win at OKC's turf tbh. i'll still take it as a joke of the century.

[img]http://media./media/AijFPBjodgely/giphy.gif[/img]

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 10:08am On May 31, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
I never made excuses for him truout the blow out and deficits. go check my post. I am just stating the obvious and demanding some respect for him, that he has played the way he did even when he wasnt 100%. Be fair pls how many persons has "tweaked something" and he showed up at game 7
even if you didn't some other warriors fans did and you're,kinda making excuses now.
curry showed up in game 6,too.
just that Klay was great while curry was injured.
he,and he alone almost ruined game 4 for OKC if not for foul trouble.
his game 6 performance.
and OKC kinda ,had a shot at winning this game when he was cold at the beginning but when he started his own wahala I knew it was over.
you are a warrior you've to applaud curry for me,not yet.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:09am On May 31, 2016
OohMpa:
You are just WICKED grin grin grin grin cant belive you went fishing!! grin grin its like you have been waiting for this day grin

[img]http://media./media/AijFPBjodgely/giphy.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:12am On May 31, 2016
SIRcumalot:

even if you didn't some other warriors fans did and you're,kinda making excuses now.
curry showed up in game 6,too.
just that Klay was great while curry was injured.
he,and he alone almost ruined game 4 for OKC if not for foul trouble.
his game 6 performance.
and OKC kinda ,had a shot at winning this game when he was cold at the beginning but when he started his own wahala I knew it was over.
you are a warrior you've to applaud curry for me,not yet.
why would i be making excuses when we won! I ddnt make excuses when we were down! why wud i start now..on the contrary i love his gut and the way he played even through his injury. An injury that has been stated he is likely he would undergo a surgery once the series is over.
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 10:13am On May 31, 2016
lolawilliams:

You won the game cause you scored more points.. Im not praying for thunders to win, I want the 73_9 team gt eliminated at playoffs so that would also make history.

lolawilliams:
the Cinderella story for Curry and company is almost over !!! credit to the Thunders , they didn't care about the 69 win,Spurs or the almighty 73 season by the Warriors. cheesy

There there...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:15am On May 31, 2016
Skywalker5:

I believe in the Warriors team as a whole. There bench is good enough to help win the ring against Queen James. I have not watched all their games but when i do,i enjoy watching the team as a whole,not just Curry,Klay and Green but Barbosa, livingston and the rest. They play as a team and its fun. I just dont want people to keep saying its Curry's team all the time and that is distraction to me.Draymond says that sometimes and i feel that can rub the team in a different way. Curry is so humble as he involves his team mates and always praising them. I feel fans should also keep it that way or else we would have to start comparing Curry to Mr "Check my stats" which i dont want to as thats one of the reasons why i dislike James.
I get you!. But fans wud always be fans. when it comes to people you cant predict. That is why i love Curry's stand in this. He doesnt let all that hype and comparism get to him unlilke some people who went to wear a no 23

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:16am On May 31, 2016
OohMpa:

There there...

STop stop lwkmd!!! grin
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 10:23am On May 31, 2016
OohMpa:

There there...

Sh!t that youre posting aint adding up, posting sick memes like am an okc fan.. where was your ass in game3&4?
okc leading 3-1, you didnt know them
Gsw 3-3 you start noticing them
Gsw 4-3, you swear you know them.

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 10:24am On May 31, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
why would i be making excuses when we won! I ddnt make excuses when we were down! why wud i start now..on the contrary i love his gut and the way he played even through his injury. An injury that has been stated he is likely he would undergo a surgery once the series is over.
well,for one to exaggerate his impact on the series,which is already very large.
first time am hearing of this surgery.
(are you readying your excuse down for the cavs cheesy)
oh and Steve Adams on OKC is hurt you must have heard talk of migraines and see that bandage on his hand.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:30am On May 31, 2016
SIRcumalot:

well,for one to exaggerate his impact on the series,which is already very large.
first time am hearing of this surgery.
(are you readying your excuse down for the cavs cheesy)
oh and Steve Adams on OKC is hurt you must have heard talk of migraines and see that bandage on his hand.
Will never give an excuse for Cavs because it wont be necessary. undecided Migraines to surgery issok curry hurt his elbow too so undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 10:41am On May 31, 2016
lolawilliams:

Sh!t that youre posting aint adding up, posting sick memes like am an okc fan.. where was your ass in game3&4?
okc leading 3-1, you didnt know them
Gsw 3-3 you start noticing them
Gsw 4-3, you swear you know them.

OohMpa is not a warriors fan. If you've been here long enough, you'd know that. Check his posts here and confirm.

OohMpa no like loud mouths. You for just dey like Mizzzbeee or Smooshchn, they were a little bit reserved. If OKC won the series, he'd done the same to one of Decale's posts. He got away angry

No cry oooo....

6 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Derrickfresh(m): 10:44am On May 31, 2016
well I always had in mind that OKC will be in the finals but I don't see that happening again after letting GSW come 3-1 down to 3-3, they just got silly along the line but let's see how it will end in game 7
Re: The NBA Begins by Seamareggae(m): 11:02am On May 31, 2016
Klay Thompson has been the mvp of this year's nba playoffs...

That guy has just been great... I hope they get the championship... Warriors team are just a fun team to watch all day.. All night....

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 11:11am On May 31, 2016
Derrickfresh:
well I always had in mind that OKC will be in the finals but I don't see that happening again after letting GSW come 3-1 down to 3-3, they just got silly along the line but let's see how it will end in game 7
undecided lipsrsealed grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i cant laugh abeg!!..Do you live in antartica? grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 11:16am On May 31, 2016
Seamareggae:
Klay Thompson has been the mvp of this year's nba playoffs...

That guy has just been great... I hope they get the championship... Warriors team are just a fun team to watch all day.. All night....

I concur
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 11:17am On May 31, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
undecided lipsrsealed grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i cant laugh abeg!!..Do you live in antartica? grin

Mizzzbeee, i am a warriors fan but the kind love wey you get for the warriors is almost similar to Queen James's fans. Its turning obsessive grin grin. You just dey counter any anti-warriors comment here. grin grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 11:19am On May 31, 2016
Skywalker5:

Mizzzbeee, i am a warriors fan but the kind love wey you get for the warriors is almost similar to Queen James's fans. Its turning obsessive grin grin. You just dey counter any anti-warriors comment here. grin grin grin grin
Read his post. He is still waiting for game 7 at 10:44am grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:28am On May 31, 2016
Hahahaha.. Oohmpa no go kill person..
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 11:33am On May 31, 2016
GSW for the title....I smell a sweep

cool

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 12:04pm On May 31, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
Read his post. He is still waiting for game 7 at 10:44am grin

grin grin grin grin grin hahahahahahaha.ROFLMAO. i did not really digest his message well until you pointed it out. grin grin grin grin grin. That got me laughing. My boss just look my side like say shey this boy don dey mad. grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 12:11pm On May 31, 2016
Skywalker5:

grin grin grin grin grin hahahahahahaha.ROFLMAO. i did not really digest his message well until you pointed it out. grin grin grin grin grin. That got me laughing. My boss just look my side like say shey this boy don dey mad. grin grin
Not only you....when oohmpa started his antics, i cudnt control myself. The looks i got around the office was piercing embarassed
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:30pm On May 31, 2016
SIRcumalot:

I doubt he needs your applause, he is already the unanimous MVP. Klay gets all the praise he deserves but anyone questioning Curry is watching a cooking show and not basketball.

Curry has averaged 27.9 ppg, 5.9 asts and 2.1 stls against this OKC in 7 games. What other contribution is he expected to make?

Against Rockets he had touched them in game 1 scoring 24pts in just one half but was sat out for 85% of the 2nd half. He wouldn't play again till game 4 where he got 6pts and was injured for the rest of the playoffs.

Yes Klay carried the team in his absence but after they lost game 3 to POR, Curry came back and dropped 40pts in that game including 17 in OT. I guess it is safe to say without him, they won't have won game 4. He subsequently dropped 29pts in game 5 to wrap it against POR.

In this series against OKC, he carried his team almost single-handedly in game 2 when Klay struggled a bit, and even though Klay had moments in game 4 when he was pushing his team while Curry fluffed, the MVP redeemed himself in game 5 dropping 31.

Definitely the most significant moment was Klay's 11 3pts against OKC at Chesapeake to add to his defensive displays on KD and Russell, but Curry helped close out that day again dropping another 31 (according to ESPN.com) and 36 yesterday.

To put this into significant numbers both Curry and Klay are tied for most 3s in a WCFs with 29 each. In other words, Curry made as much 3s as Klay did over the 7 game series including a record 7 3s in the game 7.

Nobody is saying Klay is not the team's current Post-season MVP. We are just suing for caution to those who say Curry's contributions have been iffy. The numbers disagree with them, and numbers, as they say, do not lie.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 1:49pm On May 31, 2016
Eruditor:

I doubt he needs your applause, he is already the unanimous MVP. Klay gets all the praise he deserves but anyone questioning Curry is watching a cooking show and not basketball.

Curry has averaged 27.9 ppg, 5.9 asts and 2.1 stls against this OKC in 7 games. What other contribution is he expected to make?

Against Rockets he had touched them in game 1 scoring 24pts in just one half but was sat out for 85% of the 2nd half. He wouldn't play again till game 4 where he got 6pts and was injured for the rest of the playoffs.

Yes Klay carried the team in his absence but after they lost game 3 to POR, Curry came back and dropped 40pts in that game including 17 in OT. I guess it is safe to say without him, they won't have won game 4. He subsequently dropped 29pts in game 5 to wrap it against POR.

In this series against OKC, he carried his team almost single-handedly in game 2 when Klay struggled a bit, and even though Klay had moments in game 4 when he was pushing his team while Curry fluffed, the MVP redeemed himself in game 5 dropping 31.

Definitely the most significant moment was Klay's 11 3pts against OKC at Chesapeake to add to his defensive displays on KD and Russell, but Curry helped close out that day again dropping another 31 (according to ESPN.com) and 36 yesterday.

To put this into significant numbers both Curry and Klay are tied for most 3s in a WCFs with 29 each. In other words, Curry made as much 3s as Klay did over the 7 game series including a record 7 3s in the game 7.

Nobody is saying Klay is not the team's current Post-season MVP. We are just suing for caution to those who say Curry's contributions have been iffy. The numbers disagree with them, and numbers, as they say, do not lie.
YOU ARE THE REAL MVP cry cry cry cry cry cry cry I WISH I CAN GIVE YOU A BIG HUG cry kiss
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:05pm On May 31, 2016
I hope whoever did this makes heaven cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:49pm On May 31, 2016
Eruditor:

that is all that matters Really
If we all agree that so far curry has been 2nd best am fine with it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (2199) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.