Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1615427 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (2198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 9:50am On Jun 26, 2016
lolawilliams:

He carried his sixers 10
years without any help. MJ
had Dennis n Pippen, and
Kobe had Shaq. He was
and always will be the
best player EVER!

The reason A.I. is in the
top 10 is because he is
the greatest little man in
the history of the game if
I were ever to pick a
starting Shooting Guard to
my team I would pick
Allen Iverson yes sorry
Kobe, D-Wade, Michael
Jordan, Jerry West
because he is not a point
guard he is a shooting
guard.
Allen had the best cross
over ever if you haven't
seen it look it up it was
an ankle breaker he even
crossed Jordan and that's
no easy task I guess you
can say he has the
"ANSWER"

The guy is 6'1", I would
say he's the best dribbler
of all time, he can
Crossover, Between the
legs crossover, Behind the
back and, The spin move.
He's had multiple injuries,
still making as many
matches as possible...
And he didn't turn up to a
single game not playing
his best.

Allen Iverson is one of the
toughest NBA player ever.
He takes beatings out
there every game but gets
right up. He's a warrior.
You don't see toughness
like that from Jordan or
Kobe or most people in
today's game. He was
barely six feet tall and
could dunk like crazy, had
an amazing crossover, and
lead the league in steals
his 1st 10 seasons. Allen
Iverson had NO HELP.
Unlike Kobe and Jordan.
He is amazing. The
Answer.

Allen Iverson is just
amazing to me he should
be at least in the top ten the
beginning was just
outstanding he had
amazing offense and also
he was the best defender
against Michael Jordan top
that! Also Iverson had so
many games where he got
above 40 points I know he
is pretty short but he is
one of the greatest
basketball players in
history

Best player ever but never
got the treatment he
deserved when I am in
the nba I'll tell everyone
how he was my inspiration
how he went through all
that and and still did all
that.. He is the answer 3

If you look at Iverson's
best career plays, you'll
see one that comes up in
a lot of videos and its
Iverson getting a basket in
Jordan's mitt. Its crazy. I
mean Jordan is 6 inches
taller than Iverson and
Iverson swishes in Jordan's
mitt. he's really the
greatest. He's only 6 foot
but he can dunk like this
guy had hops.

Allen iverson is the best
point guard to ever play
the game. His unique
shooting skills along with
his handles and passing
abilities were mesmerizing
he is truly the best ball
handler to ever hi the
game of basketball and if
he would have gone to the
lakers with Kobe and shaq
the team would have one
twice as many
championships s back to
A. I he is truly
mesmerising and and its
no question dts y hes in d hall of fame

This guy had magic, with
only 6 feet tall he could
do many things on the
floor. Best crossover in the
history. And he didn't
have a great team to
support him. Kobe had
Shaq, Michael had Pippen.
Just watch Game 1 2001
finals against Kobe, 48
points and Kobe only had
15. Just amazing guy.

Allen Iverson would be top
5 if he wouldn't have
ruined his career after
leaving philadelphia. The
guy had so much swagger,
and he could score on
anybody at will in his
prime. Lets remember, he
was a 6'0 shooting guard!
He made it look easy
scoring against guys much
bigger than him

He dominates no one
wants to win or compete
as much as he does he is
the best basketball player
hands down Allen iverson
led his team to the nba
finals by himself pretty
much and if he had a side
kick like Jordan had Scottie
pippen he would've one
more then 6 rings

1. Iverson
2. Jordan
3. Lebron
over 24 000 points for 890
games fantastic

If Allen had a better
team... Wait didn't he put
Philly on his back and
went to the finals, But ran
into Shaq and Kobe. Allen
is the best player in my
eyes because of his size
and heart and will to win.
Even after a hard nite of
partying he could turn
around and drop 35 on
guys. He had the best
handle I ever seen too,
how many guys got
destroyed by that cross
over. He was like 5'11" and
like 150lbs. All talent. I
know people are feeling
the same way but the got
with the popular choice MJ
I'm not that old but when
I look back it seems that
the greatest or all time is
up for grabs in every era.
Mj came in at the right
time.T.V. ,marketing,
shoes, and novelty. That
what I see. Mj wanna talk
rings. Bill Russell should
be the greatest of all time.
If you talk scoring its wilt
if you say all around its
Oscar Robinson. Talk about
jumping abilities. Vince
Carter, Dominique Wilkins,
Dr J. Tons of guys can fly.
(nate Robinson) so don't
give me that dunk
champion crap. I got eyes
and a brain. No ... more

Dude why his he below
Durant, Iverson has better
handles and has played
longer plus he was an
eleven time all star and
Durant has made seven all
star games so that's why
Iverson is better

He basically played on a
different time space from
the others, he was really
fast and skilled player,
beat loads of star in 1v1
situations and just destroy
everybody with cross
overs.

Allen iverson is one of the
top 3 greatest nba players
of all times because of his
small size but still could
show up Jordan

Sorry Youre the one who surely knows nothing about nba maybe You watch china lge alot.. Youre also decieved by curry's 2 seasons of greatness when lebron has every seasons on greatness.. Im done mannnn

LOLAWILLIAMS, Oh my God. I feel like I just found my doppelganger in you.

I took my time to read this thread from the very beginning cause I know I missed a lot while you guys were on it for months.

Damn, I found out you also had a thang for Iverson. Iverson is my second most loved player after Jordan.

u sed you saw his clips.
I watched Iverson play, from Georgetown to Phily. I watch the entire draftnight that year 1996 and can still remember 1st to 10th pick off-hand.

you are spot on about Iverson. his stats may not be as efficient as Curry, but like u sed being surrounded by bad players doesn't help ur stats. You end up having more usage rate and poor-shot selections.

I watched Iverson play. hes the most explosive point-guard-cum-scorer the league ever saw. Himself, Isaiah Thomas and Hardaway had the best crossovers of their respective eras.

Iverson was far better than Kobe for the first 8 years if their careers. and based on raw-talent, it WD HV stayed that way if Iverson got help and improved work-
ethics.

The only thing that counts against Iverson is that basketball is a Team-sport. If it were a 1 on 1 sport, I would clearly out Iverson in my Top 3 best players as you said.

But to be frank, he doesn't come close in a team sport setting.

I had his cornrows too.

Gosh, u missed that era of basketball. it was amazing.

now, you talked about Jordan coming at the right time of TV, marketing, shoes and novelty.

Let me tell you bout that god called Michael Jordan. Those things didn't make him become what he is. He made those things. if not for Jordan, none of those things would be what they are 2day.

I watched all Jordan tapes from the very beginning:
Jordan's playground.
Come fly with me,
Above and beyound, every single one of them. you just name it.

I even read his books.

Basketball became great because of Jordan.
before Jordan came into the scene, magic and bird were dominating. Isaiah was bit close. but all these guys played basketball on the ground. Jordan took the game to the air.

Jordan was a fighter. I watched all Hus finals. He never let anyone even get to game-7 and you have no idea how hard that was.

The jazz of 98 had no reason to loose to the bulls if not for Jordan. jazz was by far the better team .

I also saw the flu-game. Jordan was the sickest man on the court but he was playing 1 against 5 Utah jazz players.

There were some playoff matches that the bulls had no business knocking out the opposing team, but Jordan single handedly turned destiny.

Can u imagine the bulls sweeping 96 Orlando magic team? That team had two or 3 allstars. And had gotten to the finals the previous year.

Jordan whooped eastern teams to get to the finals. and back then, the east was so strong.

saying all this now is just nostalgic and brings tears of memories out of my eyes.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 11:06am On Jun 26, 2016
nairamaniac:

LOLAWILLIAMS, Oh my God. I feel like I just found my doppelganger in you.

I took my time to read this thread from the very beginning cause I know I missed a lot while you guys were on it for months.

Damn, I found out you also had a thang for Iverson. Iverson is my second most loved player after Jordan.

u sed you saw his clips.
I watched Iverson play, from Georgetown to Phily. I watch the entire draftnight that year 1996 and can still remember 1st to 10th pick off-hand.

you are spot on about Iverson. his stats may not be as efficient as Curry, but like u sed being surrounded by bad players doesn't help ur stats. You end up having more usage rate and poor-shot selections.

I watched Iverson play. hes the most explosive point-guard-cum-scorer the league ever saw. Himself, Isaiah Thomas and Hardaway had the best crossovers of their respective eras.

Iverson was far better than Kobe for the first 8 years if their careers. and based on raw-talent, it WD HV stayed that way if Iverson got help and improved work-
ethics.

The only thing that counts against Iverson is that basketball is a Team-sport. If it were a 1 on 1 sport, I would clearly out Iverson in my Top 3 best players as you said.

But to be frank, he doesn't come close in a team sport setting.

I had his cornrows too.

Gosh, u missed that era of basketball. it was amazing.

now, you talked about Jordan coming at the right time of TV, marketing, shoes and novelty.

Let me tell you bout that god called Michael Jordan. Those things didn't make him become what he is. He made those things. if not for Jordan, none of those things would be what they are 2day.

I watched all Jordan tapes from the very beginning:
Jordan's playground.
Come fly with me,
Above and beyound, every single one of them. you just name it.

I even read his books.

Basketball became great because of Jordan.
before Jordan came into the scene, magic and bird were dominating. Isaiah was bit close. but all these guys played basketball on the ground. Jordan took the game to the air.

Jordan was a fighter. I watched all Hus finals. He never let anyone even get to game-7 and you have no idea how hard that was.

The jazz of 98 had no reason to loose to the bulls if not for Jordan. jazz was by far the better team .

I also saw the flu-game. Jordan was the sickest man on the court but he was playing 1 against 5 Utah jazz players.

There were some playoff matches that the bulls had no business knocking out the opposing team, but Jordan single handedly turned destiny.

Can u imagine the bulls sweeping 96 Orlando magic team? That team had two or 3 allstars. And had gotten to the finals the previous year.

Jordan whooped eastern teams to get to the finals. and back then, the east was so strong.

saying all this now is just nostalgic and brings tears of memories out of my eyes.

Oh noo. Youre so into basketball. Jordan and iverson's time, I knew nothing about b.ball then. But deep inside me, I still think iverson is the greatest p.g of all time, alot of ppl here picked magic johnson but I felt iverson remains the greatest p.g.
First things first, lets talk of the height diff, magic is 6'9 thats too tall for a p.g but allen is 6'0, for a 6'0 p.g to dunk over 7ft players, wow thats so impressive. If iverson was as tall as magic, he'ld hve been more tgan what he was then.

Again, Iverson was the fifth player in NBA history to retire while averaging over 40 minutes per game for his career (41.1), joining Oscar Robertson, Wilt Chamberlain, Elgin Baylor and Bill Russell, all of whom are Hall of Famers. sometimes, now think of iverson who is 5inches shorter and like 50pounds lighteron that list for a 6.0p p.g to do this, i'll keep on respecting him.

But I think when a p.g is being compared to Iverson, i'ld pick isiah thomas again, that's the only p.g i'ld rate him with again.

Iverson played against big husky centers like ben wallace, shaq, howard, magic was 6'9 he'll survive but iverson was just 6'0

Again, for his smaller size,through 14 seasons of Iverson scored 24,368 points,he's the only player under 6'1" to accomplish that feat.
meaning from 1_30 on the all time scoring list, he is the only player under 6'1 to do that

Again, also his playoff success. You won't find a ring on Iverson's finger, but his 29.7 points per game in the postseason is second only Michael Jordan. There was alot he dif, But what they made me understand here was that he was a selfish player in his time, always about himself. But its a old story already.
I can never disrespect jordan, he'll always be the greatest of all time, I can never mess with the GOAT
But i'll always be for leBron and Iverson.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
SO you were playing with our feelings cry cry cry id leave you for the DPOY of the thread A40 to handle you cry cry

kkikikikikikiki grin@ bolded
No mind them. As if LeQueen didn't play even worse than Curry did in 2011. What is going here is child's play tho you need to get on Twitter and see LeBron fanboys who cannot tell the difference between regular and post season awards

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by kingsilly(m): 12:54pm On Jun 26, 2016
Mizzzbeee and other goons, make Una leave whiteside for me Nahh, i no give sad angry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 12:59pm On Jun 26, 2016
A40:

No mind them. As if LeQueen didn't play even worse than Curry did in 2011. What is going here is child's play tho you need to get on Twitter and see LeBron fanboys who cannot tell the difference between regular and post season awards
then really only mavs fans should make the joke that leaves what ? only you donlittle on this thread.

bron has been waiting for a chance to exorcise this particular demon but the mavs just don't like moving pass the first round.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:02pm On Jun 26, 2016
kingsilly:
Mizzzbeee and other goons, make Una leave whiteside for me Nahh, i no give sad angry
I read you guys don't have the cap space to give him the max and still pay wade.
I wan see wetin Riley wan do cheesy.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:43pm On Jun 26, 2016
nairamaniac:
hi. they say you are the MVP. nice to meet you. you have all have been doing a wonderful job. Weldon!

I doubt their would be another rivalry again like the 80's Lakers/Celtics. The NBA has expanded beyond 2 teams dominating their conferences.

if okc keeps its core, they would easily edge out warriors dominance in the west. I still believe Westbrook is a liability though. he plays too fast for the team and its hurting them. To me, he's more of a scoring/shooting guard than a point.
OKC either slows him down or get a pure point-guard like Chris Paul to set their plays.

The only advantage warriors have is that they have such a big cap-space, especially if they trade out Harrison Barnse.
I see them going for Dirk or a pure defensive center to come off the bench for Bogut.
Make no mistake, Lebron is the leader of my cavs, but in like 2 to 3 years, the team would belong to kyrie, especially offensively. Kyrie may edge out Steph. Kyrie is just 23, and steph wasn't this good @ that age.
Kyrie is a Kobe/Wade hybrid with a little bit of Curry in him.

You are welcome too.

Looking at the east do you think any other team save the CAVS would come out of the ECFs? Looking at the west, it is a bit harder to choose, but I can tell you unequivocally that GSW is still the team to beat.

There are only two things that can work against GSW:

1. If the refs keep letting the type of fouls that they let happen against the MVP (especially in the finals)

2. If Kerr makes most of his team's offence predicated on 3s and the 3s don't drop in said game.

GSW came up with different ways of beating many teams in the regular season and that's why they won 73 games. Don't be waylaid by the NBA finals this year. Unidirectional play and arrogance cost them that title.

In the regular season after SAS beat GSW 87-79 in their second outing people said they had been figured out and that if the 3s don't drop they are done for. The game 3 proved that to be wrong as not only did GSW reduce the 3s, they matched iso-plays with, driving to the rim and solid D and they beat SAS in Texas. The point here is that Kerr made the right adjustments.

I noticed that for some reason you are one of those who believed OKC edged GSW. They didn't at all. The same arrogance and unidirectional play that will cost GSW the title was exactly what cost them 3 games against OKC.

I am not saying OKC may not have won at least 2 games especially those games at Chesapeake. But the blow-out scores was as a result of living and dying by the 3. Had GSW (on realizing that it wasn't their night for the 3s) made adjustments, the games would have been like the game 7 against CAVS and would require clutch shooting to nick it.

A good example is the game 5 that GSW won 120-111. OKC out scored GSW from the perimeter but still lost because Curry and the gang switched up.

So people should just die the talk about OKC or whatnot. OKC is a solid team but they needed refereeing help to beat Spurs. And SAS on the other hand, great as they are, had lost 3 times already to GSW in the regular season.

The synopsis is either one of GSW, OKC or SAS will still come out of the West but GSW still edges it. That's why I think it could be a burgeoning rivalry against the CAVS.

As for Kyrie, he is very good on Iso-plays and he had a great series against GSW but now that he has been noticed, let us see how he would play when teams switch up their defense to accommodate him. That's when it matters.

It is easy to play well when you are underestimated. But when teams watch copious tapes of you, your every move, shots, weaknesses etc and device means to stop you, and you still do big things. That's when you have arrived.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 4:04pm On Jun 26, 2016
July 1 is the date to keep. Trades starts!!!

Whiteside C, Durant/Batum/Bazemore SF should be our target!! cool cool

IS Butler still leaving or he has decided to stay?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
July 1 is the date to keep. Trades starts!!!

Whiteside C, Durant/Batum/Bazemore SF should be our target!! cool cool

IS Butler still leaving or he has decided to stay?

Ahhhhh!!!!

Mizzzbeee are you planing to stock pile angry? leave some for other teams na?

Make una manage Bazemore/ Batum..Steer clear of Durant angry angry, We already have our pitch for him, especially if he wants a ring, he has to come to the East, even though i doubt he would leave the Thunder.

Butler is not leaving the Bulls, the bulls need a new identity, that is the biggest problem with that team.
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 4:11pm On Jun 26, 2016
lolawilliams:

Oh noo. Youre so into basketball. Jordan and iverson's time, I knew nothing about b.ball then. But deep inside me, I still think iverson is the greatest p.g of all time, alot of ppl here picked magic johnson but I felt iverson remains the greatest p.g.
First things first, lets talk of the height diff, magic is 6'9 thats too tall for a p.g but allen is 6'0, for a 6'0 p.g to dunk over 7ft players, wow thats so impressive. If iverson was as tall as magic, he'ld hve been more tgan what he was then.

Again, Iverson was the fifth player in NBA history to retire while averaging over 40 minutes per game for his career (41.1), joining Oscar Robertson, Wilt Chamberlain, Elgin Baylor and Bill Russell, all of whom are Hall of Famers. sometimes, now think of iverson who is 5inches shorter and like 50pounds lighteron that list for a 6.0p p.g to do this, i'll keep on respecting him.

But I think when a p.g is being compared to Iverson, i'ld pick isiah thomas again, that's the only p.g i'ld rate him with again.

Iverson played against big husky centers like ben wallace, shaq, howard, magic was 6'9 he'll survive but iverson was just 6'0

Again, for his smaller size,through 14 seasons of Iverson scored 24,368 points,he's the only player under 6'1" to accomplish that feat.
meaning from 1_30 on the all time scoring list, he is the only player under 6'1 to do that

Again, also his playoff success. You won't find a ring on Iverson's finger, but his 29.7 points per game in the postseason is second only Michael Jordan. There was alot he dif, But what they made me understand here was that he was a selfish player in his time, always about himself. But its a old story already.
I can never disrespect jordan, he'll always be the greatest of all time, I can never mess with the GOAT
But i'll always be for leBron and Iverson.

Thanx. yeah I go really wayyy back till present. u ain't bad urself. u really know your stats very well also. I'm deeply impressed.

Now, let me break down something for you. a player being "your favorite" doesnt mean he is "the favourite".

Iverson is my favourite point guard ever, same as yours, but that doesn't make him the favorite. he brought a lot to the game that we had never seen b4 him: Killer crossovers, explosion, great ball handles, relentlessness, guts, great leap, wide opened arms wen he bounced the ball making it hard to steal his ball before an explosive drive, was the only point guard challenge bigs and Jordan for scoring. Iverson didn't finish his moves with jumoshots, he took double and triple teams down to the hole.

There was this play by Iverson, only Jordan had ever done that b4 before Iverson. his team mates stood for one of them to take the free-throw. Iverson wasn't even there. but after the missed-shot by his team mate, he busted out from nowhere, ran in between everyone, rebounded and dunked the ball. I saw that life on TV sometime in the 90's, it WD stick to my brain for life.

but in all fairness, if u wanna rate Iverson as a point guard to that revered position, he wdnt be in first 5. but he is the first and best scoring point guard ever.

magic, Chris Paul, Stockton, Isaiah were better pointguards cos they played with the entire team.

Iverson and Jordan are the best me-against-world players NBA has ever seen.

make no mistake, magic was really good
in his time ball handling skills had not been invented in the NBA.

Isaiah Thomas and Tim Hardaway invented the crossover move. u can take this my statement to the bank.

magic was tall as you said. but he ran the point so well. I actually think it was easy for him cos he had great scorers like jabber and worthy to finish most of his passes.

Damnnn girl, LOLAWILLIAMS, no one has taken me this far into memory lane.

I can go on and on and on, but u making me cry in public and everyone around me right now thinks I just lost someone.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 4:19pm On Jun 26, 2016
Roland17:

Ahhhhh!!!!

Mizzzbeee are you planing to stock pile angry? leave some for other teams na?

Make una manage Bazemore/ Batum..Steer clear of Durant angry angry, We already have our pitch for him, especially if he wants a ring, he has to come to the East, even though i doubt he would leave the Thunder.

Butler is not leaving the Bulls, the bulls need a new identity, that is the biggest problem with that team.
I dont think durant would ever go to the east!! It been said that his nemesis is Lebron, i dont know why tho undecided

Cavs pitching Durant? grin grin grin grin Never in the history of ball would that happen grin

Infact North and South Korea would merge before that happens grin grin..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:23pm On Jun 26, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
I dont think durant would ever go to the east!! It been said that his nemesis is Lebron, i dont know why tho undecided

Cavs pitching Durant? grin grin grin grin Never in the history of ball would that happen grin

Infact North and South Korea would merge before that happens grin grin..

Mizzzbeee, you fall my hand die angry angry angry yo look me finish call me Queen James and Cavs fan?

I have been bleeding green all my life ehhh.

#Celtics
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:29pm On Jun 26, 2016
@eruditor and all warriors fans
Should we change the rules of the game because of curry?
You know he was defend in this same manner throughout all his recent success.
player'sof curry caliber will always get fouled ref can't call everything.
look at it as a sign of respect.
honestly I feel that if curry isn't always mobbed like this he would feel disrespected and left out.

edit: apparently this pictures I posted aren't a fair representation of what I intended to discuss so ignore.

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 4:36pm On Jun 26, 2016
Roland17:

Mizzzbeee, you fall my hand die angry angry angry yo look me finish call me Queen James and Cavs fan?

I have been bleeding green all my life ehhh.

#Celtics
I sincerly apologize embarassed tot you were nairamanic embarassed embarassed

Oh celtics Yes! Probably but!!! that Lebron factor in the east is der
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:54pm On Jun 26, 2016
This Eruditor just dey burst my head..

As for Durant's future, it's not an easy decision.. Having to stay with a team known to make stupid decisions during trades. e.g Harden, Reggie Jackson and now Ibaka.. If he decides to stay, i believe he'll sign a 2 year deal with one year player option where he and Westbrook will then become free agents. OKC believes they have an edge cos of the Finals series but i won't lie it still feels very strange to everyone as to how they think they have an edge cos we were arrogant and refused to adjust.. If he gambles by signing with OKC, can he trust that Westbrook will not leave next year?? We all know Westbrook and his antics.. holds the ball more than Durant, always shoots first before he passes, good with padding his stats for example the 2 all-star games he had MVP and during blowout games, acts very immature when not pleased with the media and never takes responsibility for poor performance and Shoots more than Durant in every game even when Durant is a better scorer.. I feel Durant should decide on what his mind wants. If he signs with us (Warriors) i don't really like it cos we have to push out like 7 guys, sacrifice team chemistry.. I prefer we go for Batum and a solid center, trade Barnes and Festus and get value for money players.. We need the respect cheesy. Can't have to start defending myself when people mention we packing 4 all-stars on a championship bound team.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:00pm On Jun 26, 2016
SIRcumalot:
@eruditor and all warriors fans
Should we change the rules of the game because of curry?
You know he was defend in this same manner throughout all his recent success.
player'sof curry caliber will always get fouled ref can't call everything.
look at it as a sign of respect.
honestly I feel that if curry isn't always mobbed like this he would feel disrespected and left out.
If we talk again now you'll say we GSW Fans are easily taunted.. All those contacts in your picmics were called by the refs.. All!! and I repeat, All!! Except for the Green attempted block on the 5th picture. Guess you didn't see how many times Curry was sandwitched by Lebron and Shumpert especially when they switched defense on him or when he was pushed with two hands, grabbed when he wasn't even with the ball. If you're trolling, do it full-time and be real. You can't be evading reply when we give you one for the excuse that you were joking or taunting.. Or better still just drop this James/Curry, Cavs/Warriors Finals.. Everyone here has made peace with the outcome..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 5:03pm On Jun 26, 2016
SmooshCHN:
This Eruditor just dey burst my head..

Can't have to start defending myself when people mention we packing 4 all-stars on a championship bound team.. cheesy
More like we groomed 3 all stars and the fourth one decided to join a chamionship bound team.

To me i think we should trade CURRY
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:15pm On Jun 26, 2016
SmooshCHN:
If we talk again now you'll say we GSW Fans are easily taunted.. All those contacts in your picmics were called by the refs.. All!! and I repeat, All!! Except for the Green attempted block on the 5th picture. Guess you didn't see how many times Curry was sandwitched by Lebron and Shumpert especially when they switched defense on him or when he was pushed with two hands, grabbed when he wasn't even with the ball. If you're trolling, do it full-time and be real. You can't be evading reply when we give you one for the excuse that you were joking or taunting.. Or better still just drop this James/Curry, Cavs/Warriors Finals.. Everyone here has made peace with the outcome..
let me first say I didn't know if those fouled were called or not.
that is my fault and I take full responsibility if you are truly correct.
and please, I evade nothing.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 5:48pm On Jun 26, 2016
nairamaniac:

Thanx. yeah I go really wayyy back till present. u ain't bad urself. u really know your stats very well also. I'm deeply impressed.

Now, let me break down something for you. a player being "your favorite" doesnt mean he is "the favourite".

Iverson is my favourite point guard ever, same as yours, but that doesn't make him the favorite. he brought a lot to the game that we had never seen b4 him: Killer crossovers, explosion, great ball handles, relentlessness, guts, great leap, wide opened arms wen he bounced the ball making it hard to steal his ball before an explosive drive, was the only point guard challenge bigs and Jordan for scoring. Iverson didn't finish his moves with jumoshots, he took double and triple teams down to the hole.

There was this play by Iverson, only Jordan had ever done that b4 before Iverson. his team mates stood for one of them to take the free-throw. Iverson wasn't even there. but after the missed-shot by his team mate, he busted out from nowhere, ran in between everyone, rebounded and dunked the ball. I saw that life on TV sometime in the 90's, it WD stick to my brain for life.

but in all fairness, if u wanna rate Iverson as a point guard to that revered position, he wdnt be in first 5. but he is the first and best scoring point guard ever.

magic, Chris Paul, Stockton, Isaiah were better pointguards cos they played with the entire team.

Iverson and Jordan are the best me-against-world players NBA has ever seen.

make no mistake, magic was really good
in his time ball handling skills had not been invented in the NBA.

Isaiah Thomas and Tim Hardaway invented the crossover move. u can take this my statement to the bank.

magic was tall as you said. but he ran the point so well. I actually think it was easy for him cos he had great scorers like jabber and worthy to finish most of his passes.

Damnnn girl, LOLAWILLIAMS, no one has taken me this far into memory lane.

I can go on and on and on, but u making me cry in public and everyone around me right now thinks I just lost someone.
WoW. The kind of love I have for iverson and leBron is out of this world, iverson in his time wasnt just all about his braids, kicks crossover and scoring, lemme just say that iverson had an attitute that defined a generation. We've seen players like leBron, durant and great players come out to appreciate is greatness on court, he was athletic as hell and faster than basically anyone then, he had the ability to move around the court and make guys twice his size look foolish, I once watched a clip whereby he crossed over jordan.

But if you won't put him in the top5, there is no way to escape his legacy as one of the greatest point guard who revolitionised that position, he added a radical change to that position. You cant think of that era without putting his name right there with mamba and shaq.

He dominated everyone one he played with and was one of those players just like durant who tried to stick with one organisation for as long as possible until he became desperate to get a ring. Alot of players in this era wldnt do that, leBron cldnt do it, he had to go to miami and came back, its also happening to durant, he needs a ring badly.

But I still feel that most ppl wony put him in the top 5 cause he never had a ring but will put magic johnson who had jabbar in his time. Philly was a weak team then, if he had jabbar in philly then, I know he'll get a ring. He's definitely one of the best gifted scorer and one of the best point guards in NBA history cause despite barely being 6-foot and somewhere between 160-180 lbs, he played as if he wasn't the smallest guy oon the court. I definitely consider him thebest little man to play the game. One cant descredit him he retired without a ring cause he was significantly tge best player in that philly team then. But i'll respect A.I for life cheesy

Lool, did you say youre crying?? Hahahaha I know you must b kidding.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 5:51pm On Jun 26, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
More like we groomed 3 all stars and the fourth one decided to join a chamionship bound team.

Mizzzbeee, blasphemy!!! Trade curry? A whole chef??
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:57pm On Jun 26, 2016
Mizzzbeee:

Babey!!! Kilo shele?? angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:58pm On Jun 26, 2016
lolawilliams:

She's joking cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 6:03pm On Jun 26, 2016
SmooshCHN:
She's joking cheesy
Hahahaha. I know you'll be the first warriors fan to quote her. I believe shes joking smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 6:28pm On Jun 26, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Babey!!! Kilo shele?? angry angry angry
lmao grin

Yea trade him to Wolves cheesy kiss
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 6:31pm On Jun 26, 2016
lolawilliams:

aww it's so nice to see you appreciate Curry knowing fully well I avnt accorded the same to Lebron that much......

Curry would probably finish his career in GS organization.

I just hope he is healthy truout the remainder of his career.

P.S Lebron is one blessed dude never heard about him injured and not able to play due to that.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:42pm On Jun 26, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
lmao grin

Yea trade him to Wolves cheesy kiss
Hahahahahaha. It won't work tongue

LeBron's work ethics and luck beats every NBA player as far as I've watched him.. Every day shoot around, weightlifting and the most important, Body Conditioning (2hrs).. I want his body cheesy not his ego..
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 6:50pm On Jun 26, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
aww it's so nice to see you appreciate Curry knowing fully well I avnt accorded the same to Lebron that much......

Curry would probably finish his career in GS organization.

I just hope he is healthy truout the remainder of his career.

P.S Lebron is one blessed dude never heard about him injured and not able to play due to that.
I dont know why I keep on finding it difficult to believe that curry will remain in gsw forever. But let's keep on watching cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 7:43pm On Jun 26, 2016
lolawilliams:

I dont know why I keep on finding it difficult to believe that curry will remain in gsw forever. But let's keep on watching cheesy
Where do you think he would end up if he decides to leave?

Cavs? grin

Tho he might just play for the Hornets but still sticking with him finishing at GS
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:47pm On Jun 26, 2016
Dirk Nowitzki 2011 MVP Offense highlight..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTsXOGuTVbk

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 9:47pm On Jun 26, 2016
LoJ:

A connoisseur means somebody who knows deeply a domain. It's a compliment indeed.

then I should say "thanks for the compliment". you guys are doing a great job.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 10:38pm On Jun 26, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
Where do you think he would end up if he decides to leave?

Cavs? grin

Tho he might just play for the Hornets but still sticking with him finishing at GS
Laye! We have irving, delly and our new draft kay felder(the future isiah thomas) grin

Well i still find it difficult to believe that he'ld be a warrior for life. But let's wait and see
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 26, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Dirk Nowitzki 2011 MVP Offense highlight..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTsXOGuTVbk
Thats one heck of a finals run, beating 3 All stars. To me, he humbled the heck out of lebron. Wonder how many team won a ring with just one time? mam, Dude was dropping 40 on Okc, Lakers and co. Man, how time flies.

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (2198) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: larride(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.