Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1616995 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (2199) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 29, 2016
Skywalker5:

Hawks was leading half time and was thinking will the warriors lose the game. I feel those guys might be a threat in the East. Dwight seems to be better this season.
The Hawks led at some point in the third, and they were neck-to-neck up till when Iguodala got the go-ahead basket.
Hawks would just be like the Bulls and Celtics, more like almost rans.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:57pm On Nov 29, 2016
Cavs fans are jealous. Their team did not beat the Hawks. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:58pm On Nov 29, 2016
SIRcumalot:

certainly can't be compared to this conspiracy stuff we keep reading as a counter to every 3-1 joke.
we also didn't have Durant fall into our lap to soothe our wounds.
keep using the "curry not 100% fit" talk that one is better.

Oh it can't be compared? As reported by an unbiased basketball watcher I am sure.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:10pm On Nov 29, 2016
Curry seems to be having a bad season by his standard (so they say). I know one other PG in the east that is having his best season thus far. Some on his thread even said he has a higher ceiling. Anyways, Curry is leading that other PG in assists and points per game as well as having a better 3pt % even after taking way more 3s than said player.

That's why because Gotze scored a WC winning goal does not make him better than Messi that had been doing it all through the season. #StayWoke
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:58pm On Nov 29, 2016
CAVS Fans be like, This thread has reached page 371..
3 7 1
remove the 7, and we have 3-1..
Warriors blew a 3-1 lead grin grin grin.. So magical cheesy..

BTW, here is a chance to love one another till the finals rematch tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSKmaBntYi0
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:03pm On Nov 29, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-F9pOwPAmk

just fro streaming purpose.. arguably my best bball youtube channel
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge5: 3:24pm On Nov 29, 2016
lolawilliams:

Its the truth grin
so you not only active about NBA, you watch soccer too... let me guess, you are a man united fan
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge5: 3:27pm On Nov 29, 2016
SmooshCHN:
This thread has reached page 371..
3 7 1
remove the 7, and we have 3-1..
Warriors blew a 3-1 lead grin grin grin.. So magical cheesy
Why are you so emphasizing on 3-1 lead, same thing happened in World Series, Cleveland Indians blew 3-1 lead. I'm sure if super bowl is to be 7 games series, same thing will happen tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:34pm On Nov 29, 2016
ipledge5:
Why are you so emphasizing on 3-1 lead, same thing happened in World Series, Cleveland Indians blew 3-1 lead. I'm sure if super bowl is to be 7 games series, same thing will happen tongue
Hahahaha, I thought the clock only moves from 3 to 1 so I'm just helping them sing the 3-1 anthem before they discover another way to make jests. cheesy cheesy you wouldn't know until you know how far we've come. GSW fan here.. now you understand?
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge5: 4:02pm On Nov 29, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Hahahaha, I thought the clock only moves from 3 to 1 so I'm just helping them sing the 3-1 anthem before they discover another way to make jests. cheesy cheesy you wouldn't know until you know how far we've come. GSW fan here.. now you understand?
lol, I love the psyche, I used it well in secondary cheesy , anytime Chelsea lose during the weekend, I always be the first person to make jest of it in class...

Just leave all those Cleveland fans, because the play in a conference where the second on the table just won its 10th game, Conference where Knicks still have hope of going to playoffs doesn't mean they shouldn't know their mate
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 10:34pm On Nov 29, 2016
Wow. So Warriors fans are thinking we're jealous they won against the Hawks which we couldnt do. Hahahaha

Even Hawks fans knows the Cavs swept their asses 2 seasons in a row in playoffs (2015 and 2016). The hawks won their game against cavs this season, Goos job. We're not a regular stats LovePeddler, we're more concerned with playoffs and by then, the Cavs becomes a rocket science for the Hawks to deal with.

So what we jealous of, i just wanna know. ( Warriors fans tho)

Atimes, They try to use KD to intimidate the King. lol LeBron is 16-4 Against KD including playoffs. LeBron stil remains a problem KD cant solve... I wont say much more, we go meet again grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 10:35pm On Nov 29, 2016
ipledge5:
so you not only active about NBA, you watch soccer too... let me guess, you are a man united fan

Lol. Hala madrid
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge5: 12:13am On Nov 30, 2016
lolawilliams:

Lol. Hala madrid
lol I wanted to say or Madrid tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:32am On Nov 30, 2016
lolawilliams:
Wow. So Warriors fans are thinking we're jealous they won against the Hawks which we couldnt do. Hahahaha

Even Hawks fans knows the Cavs swept their asses 2 seasons in a row in playoffs (2015 and 2016). The hawks won their game against cavs this season, Goos job. We're not a regular stats LovePeddler, we're more concerned with playoffs and by then, the Cavs becomes a rocket science for the Hawks to deal with.

So what we jealous of, i just wanna know. ( Warriors fans tho)

Atimes, They try to use KD to intimidate the King. lol LeBron is 16-4 Against KD including playoffs. LeBron stil remains a problem KD cant solve... I wont say much more, we go meet again grin grin
All these serious comment for the play play talk Eruditor said? cheesy Calm down na cheesy You love stats much tho wink

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 1:32am On Nov 30, 2016
SmooshCHN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSKmaBntYi0

Lol. Curry been hitting 3's since he was in college.. Honesty, these players respect themselves alot, na we fans they turn am side ways
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 1:43am On Nov 30, 2016
SmooshCHN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-F9pOwPAmk

just fro streaming purpose.. arguably my best bball youtube channel

After watching this, I can't point out the best baller BTW these two beast. Its a nice channel, I'll subscribe to it asap.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:09am On Nov 30, 2016
lolawilliams:

Lol. Curry been hitting 3's since he was in college.. Honesty, these players respect themselves alot, na we fans they turn am side ways
cheesy Agreed..
lolawilliams:

After watching this, I can't point out the best baller BTW these two beast. Its a nice channel, I'll subscribe to it asap.
I'll lean towards Harden cos he's always seem to keep his calm and knows how to control the game if I was a Coach but then, I won't overlook Westbrook if I was GM. cheesy

And yes you'll love that channel.. Have this one for now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI47Ble9ajw
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge5: 4:40am On Nov 30, 2016
Cc Lolawilliams get in here, your Cavaliers has just been whooped by Bucks... what do you have to say? grin grin

Your defense as usual "we don't care about stat" grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 5:34am On Nov 30, 2016
Cavs, Clips, Spurs and Rockets grin grin grin grin cool wat happened na grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:46am On Nov 30, 2016
If you watched or saw highlights of the Clippers vs Nets you may begin to understand why i think the Clippers lack the discipline to contest, worth more win the western conference.

During the first overtime with 1 minute to go 115-117 in favor of the Nets, Doc Rivers goes off on a tirade about the officiating, challenging the foul call on Bass by the referee. He had to be held back by his players, He subsequently gets tossed out, the Nets are awarded 4 free throws. The game goes to 2nd overtime and they lose to a 4 win eastern conference team 112-127.

For those who have followed the Clippers after the "Assembly", this is absolutely nothing new, infact you only have to play into their head to get them to shoot themselves. The Clippers have the individual talent, however, i am convinced they lack the discipline to win a championship.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 6:29am On Nov 30, 2016
It is looking like another Cavs Warriors rematch. Dees Clipper haf disapoint Ooh Mpa
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:37am On Nov 30, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
Cavs, Clips, Spurs and Rockets grin grin grin grin cool wat happened na grin
As in ehn, it was soo easy for the Bucks last night.
The Spurs and rockets had one of those off nights, yeah but the clippers? Shockingly dross
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 30, 2016
The clippers need to stop whining about every call. It's not only doc rivers, even the players too including their leader cp3. You rarely see pop goes off, but when he does, everyone sits down and try to understand what his going on.

It's different with doc, I am sure the refs are tired of it also.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 7:43am On Nov 30, 2016
ipledge5:
Cc Lolawilliams get in here, your Cavaliers has just been whooped by Bucks... what do you have to say? grin grin

Your defense as usual "we don't care about stat" grin grin

You could tell they didn't care about this one, the coach benched the starting 5 all at once in the 3rd.. I said it before, we're not a regular season stat whoree.

But then again, There was no real drive from anyone, no creativity. Bucks tore the Cavs apart ... they deserved the win!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 30, 2016
Don't really care much for regular season, let's wait till April.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 7:47am On Nov 30, 2016
November 29, Final Scores/Leaders:
Pistons - 112 Hornets - 89
Harris: 24 Pts. Caldwell-Pope: 7 Asts. Baynes: 8 Rebs./Walker: 23 Pts. Batum: 5 Asts. Batum: 11 Rebs.
Clippers - 122 Nets - 127
Paul: 26 Pts. Paul: 13 Asts. Jordan: 23 Rebs./Kilpatrick: 38 Pts. Booker: 5 Asts. Kilpatrick: 14 Rebs.
Lakers - 88 Pelicans - 105
Williams: 16 Pts. Calderon: 6 Asts. Randle: 10 Rebs./Davis: 41 Pts. Holiday: 5 Asts. Davis: 16 Rebs.
Cavaliers - 101 Bucks - 118
James: 22 Pts. James: 4 Asts. Love: 13 Rebs./Antetokounmpo: 34 Pts. Dellavedova: 7 Asts. Antetokounmpo: 12 Rebs.
Magic - 95 Spurs - 83
Ibaka: 18 Pts. Fournier: 7 Asts. Vucevic: 10 Rebs./Leonard: 21 Pts. Aldridge: 3 Asts. Dedmon: 8 Rebs.
Rockets - 101 Jazz - 120
Harden: 26 Pts. Harden: 7 Asts. Dekker: 6 Rebs./Hayward: 31 Pts. Hayward: 7 Asts. Gobert: 14 Rebs
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:47am On Nov 30, 2016
When Bucks made it a close game, people said GSW almost lost. I said to myself, "boy I wish we almost lost game 5 or 6 or 7 of the finals"

Almost lost is not always a bad thing.

Anyways, we are stat whorees because it is harder to finish as top seeds in the west. Some other team in the east can have 56wins and finish top. In our Conference, 56wins guarantees you 3rd or 4th seed.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge5: 10:48am On Nov 30, 2016
lolawilliams:

You could tell they didn't care about this one, the [b]coach benched the starting 5 all at once in the 3rd.. [/b]I said it before, we're not a regular season stat whoree.

But then again, There was no real drive from anyone, no creativity. Bucks tore the Cavs apart ... they deserved the win!
Warrior did same thing against Lakers and Trailblazer tongue and still won, nothing new friend
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge5: 10:52am On Nov 30, 2016
Eruditor:
When Bucks made it a close game, people said GSW almost lost. I said to myself, "boy I wish we almost lost game 5 or 6 or 7 of the finals"

Almost lost is not always a bad thing.

Anyways, we are stat whorees because it is harder to finish as top seeds in the west. Some other team in the east can have 56wins and finish top. In our Conference, 56wins guarantees you 3rd or 4th seed.
thanks, that's what I was saying, Imagine 2nd in East conference table just won its 11th game, Imagine Knicks still have hope of making playoffs... in sure Cavs cannot make 2 finals back to back in west conference

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 11:04am On Nov 30, 2016
Regular season losses means nothing if you can make the playoffs. You know why. The Warriors went 73-9 without a Ring to it cheesy grin. Rockets once had 47-35 and got a Ring.

Yes. the 2006 Heats went 52-30 and still got a ring against Mavericks who went 67-15, the 2016 Cavaliers went 57-25 and still got a ring against the Warriors who went 73-9 making it one of the biggest upset on basketball

I heard 56wins guarantees you the 3rd or 4th position in the west. Hell no, Its not hard, Even 57wins guarantees you the 1st position

2008 lakers went 57-24 and finished 1st on the table

2009 Lakers also went 57-24 and finished 1st on the table( with a ring)

2010 Lakers also went 57-24 and stil finished 1st on the table(with a ring)

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 11:15am On Nov 30, 2016
ipledge5:
Warrior did same thing against Lakers and Trailblazer tongue and still won, nothing new friend

Hell no. The Warriors were complete against Blazers in every quater. I didnt watched their game against the lakers, i dont know if it happened but if it happened for real. They should have done it duriing their first game when Lakers were complete. Not when 3 of their starters (Randle, Dangelo, and Swaggy P) were injured
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge5: 11:39am On Nov 30, 2016
lolawilliams:

Hell no. The Warriors were complete against Blazers in every quater. I didnt watched their game against the lakers, i dont know if it happened but if it happened for real. They should have done it duriing their first game when Lakers were complete. Not when 3 of their starters (Randle, Dangelo, and Swaggy P) were injured
sorry Pacers, just checked... we did it twice and won tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (2199) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.