Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,293 members, 7,780,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:31 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1589401 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (2186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:33am On Dec 06, 2016
Donlittle:
This guy, if i have a basketball team, no way you are in charge of trades grin grin
Hahahahaha. I agree. Dirk? At this age? Hahahaha
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:36am On Dec 06, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Klay for 80pts please cheesy Mizzzbeee, Eruditor where are you guys?

I was sleeping. Just woke up now to peep the score. I don't see GSW losing another home game in a bit so I pretty much knew Pacers had it coming. Klay has always been a savage but he is appearing streaky this season and it is becoming recurrent. Notice he had the same streaky performances during the olympics too. It is tiring. We need more consistency.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:38am On Dec 06, 2016
Eruditor:

I was sleeping. Just woke up now to peep the score. I don't see GSW losing another home game in a bit so I pretty much knew Pacers had it coming. Klay has always been a savage but he is appearing streaky this season and it is becoming recurrent. Notice he had the same streaky performances during the olympics too. It is tiring. We need more consistency.
True. Always looking like he had a bad day at work and needs to get some steam off. cheesy Consistency is much needed.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 6:53am On Dec 06, 2016
nobody dey catch fire like klay.
dem suppose allow am demolish this kobe 81 point record.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 06, 2016
Listen, Masai Ujiri should package Jonas Valenciunis, Powell, and a 1st round pick for cousins. Cousins does not want to stay in Sacremento anymore, and they still get a good play in jonas, and a pick, plus powell.

Honestly, Masai and the raptors is not going to challenge these guys unless they have a guy that can bang down low with lebron, thompson, and love.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 06, 2016
SIRcumalot:

you could say the same for every other 2nd tier team in the east.

am team harden too;OKC fans go just dey cry cheesy.
no way, who are the second tier teams anyways?
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 8:46am On Dec 06, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Klay for 80pts please cheesy Mizzzbeee, Eruditor where are you guys?

Mannnnnnnnnnnnnn..That was an excellent perfomance!!

But records are meant to be broken, why didnt Kerr let him break Kobe's record?
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 8:47am On Dec 06, 2016
December 5, Final Scores/Leaders:
Nuggets – 106 Sixers – 98
Gallinari: 24 Pts. Nelson: 4 Asts. Nurkic: 10 Rebs./Ilyasova: 17 Pts. Rodriguez: 7 Asts. Ilyasova: 8 Rebs.
Cavaliers – 116 Raptors – 112
James: 34 Pts. James: 7 Asts. Love: 14 Rebs./DeRozan: 31 Pts. Lowry: 9 Asts. Valanciunas: 10 Rebs.
Thunder – 102 Hawks – 99
Westbrook: 32 Pts. Westbrook: 12 Asts. Westbrook: 13 Rebs./Millsap: 24 Pts. Schroder: 8 Asts. Howard: 7 Rebs.
Wizards – 118 Nets – 113
Wall: 25 Pts. Wall: 13 Asts. Gortat: 12 Rebs./Lopez: 25 Pts. Lopez: 5 Asts. Booker: 14 Rebs.
Blazers – 112 Bulls – 110
Lilard: 30 Pts. Lillard: 7 Asts. Harkless: 8 Rebs./Wade: 34 Pts. Butler: 5 Asts. Lopez: 14 Rebs.
Spurs – 97 Bucks – 96
Leonard: 21 Pts. Aldridge: 5 Asts. Leonard: 9 Rebs./Parker: 23 Pts. Brogdon: 5 Asts. Monroe: 13 Rebs.
Grizzlies – 110 Pelicans – 108
Daniels: 29 Pts. Gasol: 11 Asts. Gasol: 11 Rebs./Davis: 28 Pts. Frazier: 9 Asts. Davis: 17 Rebs.
Celtics – 106 Rockets – 107
Horford: 21 Pts. Horford: 9 Asts. Bradley: 10 Rebs./Harden: 37 Pts. Harden: 8 Asts. Capela: 9 Rebs.
Hornets – 109 Mavericks – 101
Walker: 19 Pts. Batum: 7 Asts. Batum: 15 Rebs./Barnes: 29 Pts. Williams: 13 Asts. Barnes: 7 Rebs.
Jazz – 107 Lakers – 101
Hayward: 23 Pts. Mack: 7 Asts. Gobert: 17 Rebs./Williams: 38 Pts. Williams: 7 Asts. Randle: 11 Rebs.
Pacers – 106 Warriors – 142
George: 21 Pts. Teague: 6 Asts. George: 10 Rebs./Thompson: 60 Pts. Curry: 11 Asts. Durant: 8 Rebs.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:29am On Dec 06, 2016
lolawilliams:

The guys would get too cocky and think they can handle about any team in the NBA..
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 9:48am On Dec 06, 2016
Donlittle:
no way, who are the second tier teams anyways?
celtics is the other one,they can defintely challenge the cavs if they can somehow pull a move to get boogie,they also have bunch of first round picks and decent role players that kings would get and start their rebuild.

raptors still have this lowry issue hanging over thier head.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:47am On Dec 06, 2016
Klay on fire is very scary. Once he gets going he becomes unstoppable. I think Curry is transitioning more into a facilitator and more pg duties
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:19am On Dec 06, 2016
Dan iska Klay Thompson. He's on NL I suspect
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 1:32pm On Dec 06, 2016
lolawilliams:

You're leading by 30, why would you risk a purposeless target and possibly injury? Even Kobe didn't break Baylor's record after scoring 62pts in 3 quarters. He's rested in the 4th with the Lakers leading comfortably

The main reason he continued was to break his career high and that's good enough.

45 assists, Klay's night. Even say Ooh Mpa no too fancy Warriors but mehn, that was the most entertaining one sided, dominant game of the season. Warriors are legit...
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:06pm On Dec 06, 2016
Lolawilliams, you go just snub me like that? Answer a brother abeg.. Epp us cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 3:40pm On Dec 06, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Lolawilliams, you go just snub me like that? Answer a brother abeg.. Epp us cheesy
Naso Lola dey ignore people now
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 4:33pm On Dec 06, 2016
SmooshCHN:

lool. killrhymz, look at the player he's about to give me. See the way he's guarding Klay, SmooshCHN WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO PG?? grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:06pm On Dec 06, 2016
lolawilliams:

lool. killrhymz, look at the player he's about to give me. See the way he's guarding Klay, SmooshCHN WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO PG?? grin grin
You sabi play games sha. Serious talk about our trade. I traded poorly at first but now, na talk we suppose talk. PG is healthy now and rolling well. That other rebounds, blocks and points. It's only fair I add something to PG

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 6:01pm On Dec 06, 2016
SmooshCHN:
You sabi play games sha. Serious talk about our trade. I traded poorly at first but now, na talk we suppose talk. PG is healthy now and rolling well. That other rebounds, blocks and points. It's only fair I add something to PG

Lool. I have enough guys for Blocks and rebounds. Turner,ZaZa, Klove and Whiteside. I dont want another center.

Give me PG and a shooting guard.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:54pm On Dec 06, 2016
lolawilliams:

Lool. I have enough guys for Blocks and rebounds. Turner,ZaZa, Klove and Whiteside. I dont want another center.

Give me PG and a shooting guard.
And I'm just here wondering what you want.. That guy will give you what any SG will + rebounds except you're just looking for big names. Two solid players for PG, it's only fair if I give you PG plus someone good enough for getting those guys back.

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 7:20pm On Dec 06, 2016
SmooshCHN:
And I'm just here wondering what you want.. That guy will give you what any SG will + rebounds except you're just looking for big names. Two solid players for PG, it's only fair if I give you PG plus someone good enough for getting those guys back.

Ok. The Clippers are playing today, let me get my points. after that i will give you CP and not JJ Redick for none of this players. I will propose to you who i want.
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 7:25pm On Dec 06, 2016
lolawilliams:

Ok. The Clippers are playing today, let me get my points. after that i will give you CP and not JJ Redick for none of this players. I will propose to you who i want.
Seriously I no know say Lola bad lyk dis
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 06, 2016
Killrhymz:

Seriously I no know say Lola bad lyk dis
lol I won't even give them back, Lola is nice.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:34pm On Dec 06, 2016
lolawilliams:

Get your points from CP3 and Reddick that's OK, and you'd still not return cheesy.. Hopefully it's reasonable and fair.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:36pm On Dec 06, 2016
Donlittle:
lol I won't even give them back, Lola is nice.
Wait oo! Which one be your own now? grin I wasn't even conversant with the app when the trade went through. No come put fire if you no fit help. angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 7:39pm On Dec 06, 2016
Espn first take Don cause wahala. Guys if you were to trade any of the Warriors big 3 who would it be and why?

Steven A Smith picked: Curry
Kellerman: Klay

Both points are valid...
I pick Klay tho.. Cuz of everything Kellerman said. But how come no one mentioned Durant? undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by redarrr(m): 10:30pm On Dec 06, 2016
sori where can i watch the nba season?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:21pm On Dec 06, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
Espn first take Don cause wahala. Guys if you were to trade any of the Warriors big 3 who would it be and why?

Both points are valid...
I pick Klay tho.. Cuz of everything Kellerman said. But how come no one mentioned Durant? undecided
Klay is the most dispensable. Doesn't rebound enough for his size and can be wildly inconsistent. However that team goes from great to just good most likely without Klay

Naah can't touch Durant. He is the failover option when the 3-ball isn't falling. Plus his defense is really good these days. One on one, blocking shots

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:27pm On Dec 06, 2016
Donlittle:
Listen, Masai Ujiri should package Jonas Valenciunis, Powell, and a 1st round pick for cousins. Cousins does not want to stay in Sacremento anymore, and they still get a good play in jonas, and a pick, plus powell.

Honestly, Masai and the raptors is not going to challenge these guys unless they have a guy that can bang down low with lebron, thompson, and love.
You have a point there. Thus far I feel like they are the only team in the East who can face the Cavs, but it would be mad frustrating to keep coming up short.

The comma here is Boogie. Would he buy in to the team setup? Would he show growth and maturity? A bad trade can set a franchise back for years. (Rondo/Mavs)
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:22am On Dec 07, 2016
Mizzzbeee:

Both points are valid...
coz durant has been most consistent of the three.
maybe even their best player so far.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:21am On Dec 07, 2016
A40:

You have a point there. Thus far I feel like they are the only team in the East who can face the Cavs, but it would be mad frustrating to keep coming up short.

The comma here is Boogie. Would he buy in to the team setup? Would he show growth and maturity? A bad trade can set a franchise back for years. (Rondo/Mavs)
I think a lot of us seems to forget that boogie has never really been in a winning situation. It can become tiresome and frustrating if you are losing every night while putting 100 percent.

I won't really compare the case of rondo to this, derozan isn't 37 and Lowry could still play at a star level for the next three years, if cousins don't work out, it's a loss, but they aren't going to tank, they aren't going to suck. They aren't the 2nd best team in the east because of Jonas, that guy has offered them nothing. I would take the risks, cousins playing with derozan and Lowry, if his head don't come correct, it can't ever be correct.

Cousins can shoot the three, Thompson would have to come out and guard him, love and Thompson would have to also fight him for the rebounds, he will offer derozan and Lowry to shoot more jumpers and create space.

Remember, the cavs only worry about derozan and Lowry, you take them out of the game, the raptors cant do anything, with cousins in the mix, game plans don change.

I will also like to think kings will want to do it, they are risking losing cousins for free, who wants to lose their franchise player for free? Whenever there is a problem, these guys always leave, from lebron, KD, dwade, them no they resign, why lose him for free when you can get picks and players in jonas?

I will take that risks, and if worse come to worse, we go tank Abeg.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:26am On Dec 07, 2016
SIRcumalot:

celtics is the other one,they can defintely challenge the cavs if they can somehow pull a move to get boogie,they also have bunch of first round picks and decent role players that kings would get and start their rebuild.

raptors still have this lowry issue hanging over thier head.

raptors are better than the celtics right now, but still they would challenge the cavs if they get cousins, won't win though. Only team ready to beat the cavs to me is raptors, cavs is barely beating raptors by 5 points these past three contest, and it has gone down to the wire, each game. Jonas is averaging like 7 points or so in these contests, about 4 rebounds, you get a player like cousins, and suddenly cavs has something to think about. You are not limiting that guy to 4 rebounds, hence why I think cousins is better with the raptors.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:24pm On Dec 07, 2016
Donlittle:
I think a lot of us seems to forget that boogie has never really been in a winning situation. It can become tiresome and frustrating if you are losing every night while putting 100 percent.

I won't really compare the case of rondo to this, derozan isn't 37 and Lowry could still play at a star level for the next three years, if cousins don't work out, it's a loss, but they aren't going to tank, they aren't going to suck. They aren't the 2nd best team in the east because of Jonas, that guy has offered them nothing. I would take the risks, cousins playing with derozan and Lowry, if his head don't come correct, it can't ever be correct.

Cousins can shoot the three, Thompson would have to come out and guard him, love and Thompson would have to also fight him for the rebounds, he will offer derozan and Lowry to shoot more jumpers and create space.

Remember, the cavs only worry about derozan and Lowry, you take them out of the game, the raptors cant do anything, with cousins in the mix, game plans don change.

I will also like to think kings will want to do it, they are risking losing cousins for free, who wants to lose their franchise player for free? Whenever there is a problem, these guys always leave, from lebron, KD, dwade, them no they resign, why lose him for free when you can get picks and players in jonas?

I will take that risks, and if worse come to worse, we go tank Abeg.
You make really good points. But can he make adjustments from being THE guy to being one of the guys. How would he respond to fewer touches and not being the focal point of the offense?

I used Rondo because of his attitude problem which Boogie also shares. When you consistently butt heads with a veteran coach like George Karl that for me is not really a good sign. Whatever good you could have added to the team can always be corroded with shyte behavior and you end up losing role players that wind up improving and blossoming elsewhere.

There really is need to weigh the pros and the cons. The issue with Valanciunas sef is his lack of durability else he is not a terrible fit. That Raptor team thrives on chemistry and there is no guarantee Boogie will not disrupt it

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (2186) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.