Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,092 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:44 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1589740 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (2186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 10, 2016
OohMpa:
See them Warriors trying to justify Durant's choice to leave with this nonsense. Lmao...

Smooshchn, Eruditor, Frenchwine, you guys wee not kee Ooh Mpa

Westbrook has 49 triple doubles with a 40-9 record. Over 80% winning percentage. This season he is 9-3. Please, Westbrook stop chasing records. Ooh Mpa dey beg you.

He is very selfish in the final seconds.Yes,yes but Anthony Morrow bricked the last shot, didn't he? Or is it another Westbrook that got 2 game winning shots plus several clutch shots including the 3 that took them to overtime against Pacers? No, definitely another one.

In not interested in the ring, you might be right. Durant that was interested in the ring had to run. When Westbrook has finally decided not to help his subpar team to 6 straight wins or a playoff push in a difficult conference with teammates like Kanter, Waiters, Roberson and Grant, he'd leave. Ooh Mpa's best bet would be the Cavs for the easiest ring ever.

Yaga...
My guy with all Westbrook's heroics, how bright is it looking for them in the race to the playoffs?
Best bet is that they finish outside the top four, and hope to meet the Clippers . Otherwise, they'd be looking at a first round exit and then Westbrook would have a long summer watching Durant powering his way through to a ring. How about that?
If he doesn't bring his teammates into the game now, he certainly can't do it in the playoffs

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by RENOWNED2(m): 12:14pm On Dec 10, 2016
Both Okc And Milwaukee Lost Today.Today Is A Bad Day sad
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:37pm On Dec 10, 2016
You wouldn't acknowledge the fact that Westbrook plays for himself because KD left his selfish ass.. cheesy

Eruditor watches the Allstar games.. Oohmpa watch the last two All star games and tell me what you see if it's different from what he's doing right now.
He's a great Fantasy option cheesy but definitely not my MVP.. I'm sold on Harden doing that PG job..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 2:13pm On Dec 10, 2016
SmooshCHN:
You wouldn't acknowledge the fact that Westbrook plays for himself because KD left his selfish ass.. cheesy

Eruditor watches the Allstar games.. Oohmpa watch the last two All star games and tell me what you see if it's different from what he's doing right now.
He's a great Fantasy option cheesy but definitely not my MVP.. I'm sold on Harden doing that PG job..
U're gonna loose turnover battles if he is in ur fantasy team tho
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:46pm On Dec 10, 2016
OohMpa:
See them Warriors trying to justify Durant's choice to leave with this nonsense. Lmao...

Smooshchn, Eruditor, Frenchwine, you guys wee not kee Ooh Mpa

Westbrook has 49 triple doubles with a 40-9 record. Over 80% winning percentage. This season he is 9-3. Please, Westbrook stop chasing records. Ooh Mpa dey beg you.

He is very selfish in the final seconds.Yes,yes but Anthony Morrow bricked the last shot, didn't he? Or is it another Westbrook that got 2 game winning shots plus several clutch shots including the 3 that took them to overtime against Pacers? No, definitely another one.

In not interested in the ring, you might be right. Durant that was interested in the ring had to run. When Westbrook has finally decided not to help his subpar team to 6 straight wins or a playoff push in a difficult conference with teammates like Kanter, Waiters, Roberson and Grant, he'd leave. Ooh Mpa's best bet would be the Cavs for the easiest ring ever.

Yaga...

Miss me with the stats brah. Half of those 80% wins had KD in the team abi regular season don play reach 49 games? I guess not. At 9-3 this year shay you know when extrapolated to 49 games we are looking at 36-12 which still feels good until you ask yourself if this OKC team will win 50 games or if WB will have up to 50 triple double games.

The fact of the matter is I can't put it beyond him because we have seen him wrestle his fellow team mate for a rebound. Oh Mpa should tell us if the rebound that will count for him there shows that he is affecting the game positively simply because he got 10+ rebounds. Ok, how about his assists? Who was he trusting then when he got 10+ assists? I guess another set of average players.

You guys like to make excuses for him when he does something fatuous by deflecting the blame to a team mate but will be so quick to praise WB if all goes well. How many tries do I need to have before I get at least one or two game winning shots? WB has failed more times than he has won with game winning shots let us stop making isolated cases look like a regular happenstance. If OKC had 99 points did he make all 99 of them? I guess not also. That is what Harden is learning that WB does not yet know and Harden's team is doing better to show for it. Harden is the MVP.

Anyways, WB should do well and join Cavs so he will be part of a team on the losing side of KDs 2nd and maybe 3rd ring. That is if he gets to a final (when he will opt to shoot the last shot instead of pass it to Love or Smith or Kyrie like Lebron will do). Easiest ring my foot. Lebum averaged highest PPG, blocks, assists etc and needed 7 games to beat a KDless GSW. Imagine how easily Bron will lose when all his numbers significantly reduce because of Westbrick.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:10pm On Dec 10, 2016
Killrhymz:

U're gonna loose turnover battles if he is in ur fantasy team tho
I agree, but I'll pick him up tho cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:23pm On Dec 10, 2016
Eruditor:

I feared complacency and it was almost the case.
The Jazz are a stubborn side jare. Pardon my hyperbole
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 3:54pm On Dec 10, 2016
Eruditor:

Miss me with the stats brah. Half of those 80% wins had KD in the team abi regular season don play reach 49 games? I guess not. At 9-3 this year shay you know when extrapolated to 49 games we are looking at 36-12 which still feels good until you ask yourself if this OKC team will win 50 games or if WB will have up to 50 triple double games.

More crap.
Na extrapolate we don dey do to figure out his winning percentage, okwa ya? Most of the wins were minus KD ooo. The 3 losses this season when he had the triples were by a combined 9 points. If that doesn't tell you how good his "chasing stats" does for the team, you can bring more crap

The fact of the matter is I can't put it beyond him because we have seen him wrestle his fellow team mate for a rebound. Oh Mpa should tell us if the rebound that will count for him there shows that he is affecting the game positively simply because he got 10+ rebounds. Ok, how about his assists? Who was he trusting then when he got 10+ assists? I guess another set of average players.

Wow. Dexter make up your mind. First you call him selfish and now you're asking who he's trusting/dashing balls to average 10+ assists a season. If e dey easy to hustle defensive rebound, then Tristan Thompson wouldn't be good on the offensive end, oi?

How many tries do I need to have before I get at least one or two game winning shots? WB has failed more times than he has won with game winning shots let us stop making isolated cases look like a regular happenstance.

So has Kobe, Lebron, Iverson, Dirk and wait for it, Jordan

If OKC had 99 points did he make all 99 of them? I guess not also. That is what Harden is learning that WB does not yet know and Harden's team is doing better to show for it. Harden is the MVP.

No, he didn't score 99 points but he leads the NBA in contribution per game. Westbrook has a better PER and stats overall than Harden. Harden is great though, he surpasses in turnovers.

You have Eric Gordon, Ryan Anderson, Capela and Ariza, why won't your team be better?

Anyways, WB should do well and join Cavs so he will be part of a team on the losing side of KDs 2nd and maybe 3rd ring. That is if he gets to a final (when he will opt to shoot the last shot instead of pass it to Love or Smith or Kyrie like Lebron will do). Easiest ring my foot. Lebum averaged highest PPG, blocks, assists etc and needed 7 games to beat a KDless GSW. Imagine how easily Bron will lose when all his numbers significantly reduce because of Westbrick.

Can't argue with you here. This post failed to see the humor in joining Cavs plus it is filled with sentiments

Make una enjoy una Durant, the best player on that team and most likely the MVP this season but make una leave Westbrook alone

Dalu

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 10, 2016
D'antoni and houston, might be the most perfect fit in all of sports. He also has capable defenders

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 6:39pm On Dec 10, 2016
Well, Oohmpa is right for one thing: The Thunder team is crap, real crap. Even when Durant was there, there was hardly anybody that averaged double figures except for Harden and they reached NBA finals, so....

Rockets have better defense in Ariza, Beverley, even Harden over people like Kanter, Morrow or even Oladipo

Rockets are the third best splash team. They have the NBA record for consecutive games with 3s this season for crying out loud.

Rockets have a better bench.

To me, Westbrook can do better than that team. If he needs rings,he should leave. Picture Westbrook in the Wolves team.

This era of basketball has no use of pass first point guards and Rubio doesn't offer that tenacity in offense plus they need a leader that can get Towns, Lavine and Wiggins out of their inconsistencies.

Just picture am...cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 10, 2016
Decals

You say harden is a better defender than oladipo?
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 8:11pm On Dec 10, 2016
For me,harden surpassed Westbrook has a player in the 2014/2015 season.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 8:33pm On Dec 10, 2016
Donlittle:
Decals

You say harden is a better defender than oladipo?

Where did I say that? I just said Rockets are better defensively. Then I mentioned Harden cos he's improved this season.

Oladipo has regressed defensively in the matches I've watched this season sha
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 10, 2016
Decale:

Where did I say that? I just said Rockets are better defensively. Then I mentioned Harden cos he's improved this season.

Oladipo has regressed defensively in the matches I've watched this season sha

Rockets have better defense in Ariza, Beverley, even Harden over people like Kanter, Morrow or even Oladipo

Or na me no understand again lol
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:53pm On Dec 10, 2016
OohMpa:

More crap.
Na extrapolate we don dey do to figure out his winning percentage, okwa ya? Most of the wins were minus KD ooo. The 3 losses this season when he had the triples were by a combined 9 points. If that doesn't tell you how good his "chasing stats" does for the team, you can bring more crap

Wow. Dexter make up your mind. First you call him selfish and now you're asking who he's trusting/dashing balls to average 10+ assists a season. If e dey easy to hustle defensive rebound, then Tristan Thompson wouldn't be good on the offensive end, oi?

So has Kobe, Lebron, Iverson, Dirk and wait for it, Jordan

No, he didn't score 99 points but he leads the NBA in contribution per game. Westbrook has a better PER and stats overall than Harden. Harden is great though, he surpasses in turnovers.

You have Eric Gordon, Ryan Anderson, Capela and Ariza, why won't your team be better?

Can't argue with you here. This post failed to see the humor in joining Cavs plus it is filled with sentiments

Make una enjoy una Durant, the best player on that team and most likely the MVP this season but make una leave Westbrook alone

Dalu

1. The extrapolation was to show best case scenario except you believe in fantasies and want me to work on the assumption that OKC in a 50 game sample, OKC will win 50 games.

2. LOL if the 3 losses were by a combined 100 points it would have helped my argument in what way?

3. No, You also agreed he was selfish. You only loaded up tosh to defend it. I showed you the idiocy behind the stats he parades without detracting from the fact that he is a good player. Again I ask how does it help him influence the game positively when he is rebounding a ball that his own team mate was about to rebound? I can tell you: it gives Russell 10+ rebounds and more reasons for his lickspittles to show us his stats.

4. Telling me Jordan and Kobe have missed more game winners than they have made is. . .wait for it. . . Inconsequential. You are the one who was feeding us pure sophistry by saying WB has made SEVERAL clutch shots. My response was to show you it was more of an aberration; an anomaly; an irregular happenstance.

5. Better PER, PPG, APG With a 6th placed team compared to a 4th placed one. He should also get 70 triple doubles and not qualify for the playoffs how is that?

6. As for the players you listed and how better they are than OKC players. Yea. How profound. I wonder how those same players will fare playing with WB as their main ball distributor and controller. Maybe we should ask KD.

7. As for me missing the humor @ CAVS, right back at you. I was already fantasizing about 2nd and 3rd rings but since I seemed to be denigrating WB while at it or perhaps because I typed Lebum it became filled with sentiment. If only I knew to make the same argument when you were typing 3-1 jokes all over the thread.

8. As for KD and best player on the team or MVP. We are not a team that cares about that. We want rings. They can give WB MVP while he watches the playoffs ahome. That's fine with me.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:55pm On Dec 10, 2016
Donlittle:

Or na me no understand again lol

I called Rockets good defenders this season that are playing defense then Thunder bad defenders. I never said Harden vs Oladipo

Saying a team has better shooters doesn't sound the same thing as one shooter is better than the other shooter in a contest.

Get it?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 10:46pm On Dec 10, 2016
Eruditor:

2. LOL if the 3 losses were by a combined 100 points it would have helped my argument in what way?

Why e no go help you? Na people like una wey go talk say wetin be the use of him stats if dem lose heavy. Abi no be so?

Again I ask how does it help him influence the game positively when he is rebounding a ball that his own team mate was about to rebound? I can tell you: it gives Russell 10+ rebounds and more reasons for his lickspittles to show us his stats.

Rebound is rebound, oga. 2 team players dey hustle rebound. It is not a new thing in the NBA. He also chases his bricks. How many PGs dey get offensive rebounds like him. Talk another thing

Telling me Jordan and Kobe have missed more game winners than they have made is. . .wait for it. . . Inconsequential. You are the one who was feeding us pure sophistry by saying WB has made SEVERAL clutch shots. My response was to show you it was more of an aberration; an anomaly; an irregular happenstance.

Inconsequential you say? Then why bring up his bricks? That one is consequential? The FACT is Westbrook has more points in clutch time this season than ANY other player in the NBA this season

Better PER, PPG, APG With a 6th placed team compared to a 4th placed one. He should also get 70 triple doubles and not qualify for the playoffs how is that?

Make Harden come be PG for the Thunder with those players make we see.

WESTBROOK leads the NBA in box plus/minus, value over replacement player(VORP) which means in simpler language, when he is not on court, the team loses gravely. He is what the word MOST VALUABLE PLAYER literally means.

You want to compare more stats? How about defensive plus/minus. Go look that up and see where the so called influential Harden that doesn't chase stats is on the list

As for the players you listed and how better they are than OKC players. Yea. How profound. I wonder how those same players will fare playing with WB as their main ball distributor and controller. Maybe we should ask KD.

Chairmo, soothsayer, Mr Clairvoyant. Only you already know the implication of Westbrook being with a Rockets roster. Ooh Mpa dey hail oooo. Make Harden come play with Steve Adams na, abeg

As for KD and best player on the team or MVP. We are not a team that cares about that. We want rings. They can give WB MVP while he watches the playoffs ahome. That's fine with me.

How delightful for you to speak for KD. You want rings but don't desire individual accolades for your performances. You guys are way too generous.

Dalu

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:10am On Dec 11, 2016
38pts through 1/2nd... cheesy cheesy Tough loss for us
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:02am On Dec 11, 2016
SmooshCHN:
38pts through 1/2nd... cheesy cheesy Tough loss for us

LOL. Motivation no dey unlike last season that they chased 73. I don't mind these kind of losses. It is the losses to other top seeds that hurt more. For example the SAS and to some degree Rockets loss were particularly painful.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:20am On Dec 11, 2016
Eruditor:

LOL. Motivation no dey unlike last season that they chased 73. I don't mind these kind of losses. It is the losses to other top seeds that hurt more. For example the SAS and to some degree Rockets loss were particularly painful.
True tho. That Rockets loss was very hard to take in cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 6:32am On Dec 11, 2016
Portland is in big trouble beating up on that injury riddled clippers was really bad for them.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:46am On Dec 11, 2016
Thank goodness the bomb scare was just a hoax
#greenrunsdeep
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 11, 2016
Ok no one should tell me they saw it coming, the GSW loss to the Grizzles. Even if the Grizzles just somehow know how to take down the Warriors, this was one of them off nights for the Warriors.
My pick of the night however was Bulls Vs Heats, isn't Dwayne Wade just supreme? Been a boyhood fan of his since 2004 and I oftentimes was confused seeing him go against players in Heat Jersey.
When it comes to pick-and-roll & scattering defensive formations, Wade is just the best.
Happy Sunday folks lemme get set to church. grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 8:23am On Dec 11, 2016
nairamaniac:
Lola, Walai, u wicked.
Cut them some slack. Warriors are likely to win this championship. My target for them is winning it back 2 back or three peat. anything lower than either other both is a big disappointment.
But give it to them, their offence is fluid. KD making up for inside presence. And none of them is being double teamed like they used to.

What! 3peat?? Not when they lost by 20+ in their 4 losses. Honestly, i dont see a superstar team in them. I dont see KD getting the MVP either, they were better at this point last season without him.

Without Conley, Parsons and Carter with full of D-League players and Rookies. Still won the game with a high note and the Warriors called the best team this season. Good cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:33am On Dec 11, 2016
frenchwine:
Ok no one should tell me they saw it coming, the GSW loss to the Grizzles. Even if the Grizzles just somehow know how to take down the Warriors, this was one of them off nights for the Warriors.
My pick of the night however was Bulls Vs Heats, isn't Dwayne Wade just supreme? Been a boyhood fan of his since 2004 and I oftentimes was confused seeing him go against players in Heat Jersey.
When it comes to pick-and-roll & scattering defensive formations, Wade is just the best.
Happy Sunday folks lemme get set to church. grin grin

It is not even about seeing it coming; it is about not caring. Are you kidding me take down what warriors? They were taking heavy Ls last regular season (I think they lost one of the games by 50 points).That game was as significant as the zero infront of zero point one one. With these stretches of useless away games it is only right for the team to underperform here and there to keep enough motivation for other games. There are like 58 games to go and nobody gives a hoot about 70+ afterall, The 73 win record is still GSWs.

But D Wade balled. I just saw highlights.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 8:38am On Dec 11, 2016
I'd leave Ring talk to otheer people. This guy can score, shoot, pass, steal, dunk and always in talks for MVP, But still gets all the hate. What a world

Pippen-" "Michael Jordan is probably the greatest scorer to play the game.But I may go so far as to say Lebron James may be the greatest player to ever play the game because he is so potent offensively that not only can he score at will, but he keeps everybody involved"

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:43am On Dec 11, 2016
lolawilliams:

What! 3peat?? Not when they lost by 20+ in their 4 losses. Honestly, i dont see a superstar team in them. I dont see KD getting the MVP either, they were better at this point last season without him.

Without Conley, Parsons and Carter with full of D-League players and Rookies. Still won the game with a high note and the Warriors called the best team this season. Good cheesy

3 losses by 20+ (I think Lakers was by 17 or so can't remember) and Houston by 5. Go back and look for any Superstar team that won 20-4 in their first 24 games..I'd wait.

As for better at this point, it is the same argument pseudo-analysts want to make. The motivation this year is different I thought we agreed? There is no moral victory this season- it is to win the NBA finals and nothing less.

LOL @ without Conley, Parsons etc. So with them Grizzlies will be top seeds? This is how you people made noise about Lakers and they ended up suffering 43 points and 25 points negative deficits back to back. You will do that again and Memphis may chop another 50 point blow out loss.

Let me share an interesting fun fact: you can't spell "Cleveland Cavaliers" without using 3 Ls. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:52am On Dec 11, 2016
OohMpa:

Chairmo, soothsayer, Mr Clairvoyant. Only you already know the implication of Westbrook being with a Rockets roster. Ooh Mpa dey hail oooo. Make Harden come play with Steve Adams na, abeg

How delightful for you to speak for KD. You want rings but don't desire individual accolades for your performances. You guys are way too generous.

Dalu

2 things:

1. I asked a rhetorical question about WBs role in Rockets. I said KD might have a clue. Guess what you did? You overstated what I said, just like you are overstating what WB has achieved.

2. I didn't speak for KD. I spoke for the team.The team wants rings. MVP this and that is for people who have not won it. That's a debate for Harden and WB not KD and Curry (the last 3 winners).

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:15am On Dec 11, 2016
The best 3 teams over the last 2-3 years are GSWs, Spurs and Cavs in order or records or facts.. So when people come saying "the Warriors aren't even a great team" "I don't see any super team in them" or try to make GSW look like a regular team, it just sounds gibberish. We understand the hate. What we don't understand is how your feelings close your eyes to see the facts. Whether you like it or not, when it comes to facts, GSW, Spurs then Cavs follow..
Fun Fact, after 73-9 record comes echo of 3-1 courtesy of Miami Fans..
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:17am On Dec 11, 2016
Lolawilliams, na so this week pass by and you're still evaluating.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 11, 2016
Eruditor:

It is not even about seeing it coming; it is about not caring. Are you kidding me take down what warriors? They were taking heavy Ls last regular season (I think they lost one of the games by 50 points).That game was as significant as the zero infront of zero point one one. With these stretches of useless away games it is only right for the team to underperform here and there to keep enough motivation for other games. There are like 58 games to go and nobody gives a hoot about 70+ afterall, The 73 win record is still GSWs.

But D Wade balled. I just saw highlights.
I agree with you, there are off nights for teams and it's not unexpected in a 72/73 game season with b2b2b road games. But stethching back to about 6games , grizzles have always dominated the warriors. It's just one of those odd steaks , like the Wade over LeBron streak. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 11, 2016
lolawilliams:
I'd leave Ring talk to otheer people. This guy can score, shoot, pass, steal, dunk and always in talks for MVP, But still gets all the hate. What a world

Pippen-" "Michael Jordan is probably the greatest scorer to play the game.But I may go so far as to say Lebron James may be the greatest player to ever play the game because he is so potent offensively that not only can he score at will, but he keeps everybody involved"
No hating , LeBron James is up there with MJ, Pippen, Wilt Chamberlain and Abduljabbar, he is a better all round player than each and everyone of them, especially considering the difference in intensity and tactical awareness between then and now. He however needs at least two more rings to get up there as the greatest of all time.
However I think it would be very biased to say GSW aren't a great team, dah, they're one of the most complete team of the past decade. Or what do you call a team that's already coughing up Four all-stars? The regular season is just a quarter down, the ring is the only thing they're playing for and playoffs intensity would show up with time

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (2186) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.