Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1611516 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (2192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 5:21pm On Jan 14, 2017
Muna15:

In Sum, You recognize LeBron's greatness. You only have issues with those who see him as a team player wink

And Please, You need to stop comparing Bron's Decision with that of Durant.
1. LeBron took a pay-cut to join the Miami heat (You can call that teamspirit- eagerness to sacrifice your personal interest for the success of the team)
2. The last time the Heat made it to the conference semi-final was three years before he arrived (which means Wade alone was not enough).
3. He won the MVP twice with the Heat which shows that he ran the show among your so-called superstars.
4. He won the finals MVP on three different occasions which means he was the star of the team in the finals.
5. He built a good camaraderie with his teammates and that contributed to their success on the court.

Now, kindly compare his decision to that of Durant.

P.S LeBron won his two championship with the Heat because he had Dwade and Ray Allen. He won the last championship because he had Kyrie. So, I will never say that LeBron alone can win championships.

Ver good. KD's decision will always be worse than LeBron's decision. more reasons.

6- The 2015 Thunder are overwhelmingly better than 2010 Cavaliers and everyone knows this, he gave his heart and soul to the Cavs night in and night out from 2003 to 2010. Carried them on his back with memorable performances in the post-season. All the while being defeated time and time again because he didn't have enough help around him in Finals. OKc is a fully stackd team

7- LeBron had an aging Shaq and Antwan Jamison to fall back on along with Mo Williams. Compare that with the 2015-16 Thunder who had Russell Westbrook, Serge Ibaka, Steven Adams and Enes Kanter to help Durant. The diff is just too much

8- He once tweeted this " Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!"... Lol WTF, when did he bevome a politician, lol he should have sticked to what he said.

But i can understand he needs a ring grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 5:25pm On Jan 14, 2017
Fanstatic performance for Korver today. 18pts off the bench, 70% FG, 67% from 3's..
Warriors, Ya ready?? grin
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 5:30pm On Jan 14, 2017
A40:

Lmaoo. AI's 2nd best player was Mutombo and at times Eric Snow. The Hate on Lebron largely comes from the fact that to who much is given much is expected. Maybe unjustified expectations but when you have Bosh, Wade, Allen, Irving as teammates

Lmao Dwight is a poosieboi. No two ways about it. Even the Beard ran him out of town. Maybe Kobe retires with another ring if Dwight did not insist on being a court jester

Yeah. I think that was then the league didn't allow CP3 to the lakers too?

He might have won his first ring there, Howard, Kobe, Gasol, CP3
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 7:02pm On Jan 14, 2017
seriously I'm tired of this Lebron talks from thread 300 to 400+ all about d same guy?
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 8:19pm On Jan 14, 2017
lolawilliams:

Ver good. KD's decision will always be worse than LeBron's decision. more reasons.

6- The 2015 Thunder are overwhelmingly better than 2010 Cavaliers and everyone knows this, he gave his heart and soul to the Cavs night in and night out from 2003 to 2010. Carried them on his back with memorable performances in the post-season. All the while being defeated time and time again because he didn't have enough help around him in Finals. OKc is a fully stackd team

7- LeBron had an aging Shaq and Antwan Jamison to fall back on along with Mo Williams. Compare that with the 2015-16 Thunder who had Russell Westbrook, Serge Ibaka, Steven Adams and Enes Kanter to help Durant. The diff is just too much

8- He once tweeted this " Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!"... Lol WTF, when did he bevome a politician, lol he should have sticked to what he said.

Impressive!
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 8:31pm On Jan 14, 2017
lolawilliams:
Fanstatic performance for Korver today. 18pts off the bench, 70% FG, 67% from 3's..
Warriors, Ya ready?? grin

You forgot to mention Shump, he had a great game too.As for korver, he has not even scratched the surface yet. The good thing right now is that half of the team can shoot the ball even with both eyes closed.

My only concern is the way some teams dominate us in the paint.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 9:40pm On Jan 14, 2017
Muna15:

You forgot to mention Shump, he had a great game too.As for korver, he has not even scratched the surface yet. The good thing right now is that half of the team can shoot the ball even with both eyes closed.

My only concern is the way some teams dominate us in the paint.

Yeah its true, special thanks to Korver,Shumpert and Fyre. I just hope they turn up that same way in Oakland on Monday night.

Our D isnt that good at all. TT isnt playing a good defense back there. I now miss Mozgov
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 9:42pm On Jan 14, 2017
Killrhymz:
seriously I'm tired of this Lebron talks from thread 300 to 400+ all about d same guy?

They don't call him King for no reason grin

Abeg you fit gimme Karl Anthony and i give you Embiid?
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 10:25pm On Jan 14, 2017
lolawilliams:

They don't call him King for no reason grin
Abeg you fit gimme Karl Anthony and i give you Embiid?
marc gasol for embiid
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 10:27pm On Jan 14, 2017
guys guees who's in dis 2 pics

Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 10:28pm On Jan 14, 2017
Killrhymz:
guys guees who's in dis 2 pics
and dis

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:04pm On Jan 14, 2017
Muna15:

In Sum, You recognize LeBron's greatness. You only have issues with those who see him as a team player wink

And Please, You need to stop comparing Bron's Decision with that of Durant.
1. LeBron took a pay-cut to join the Miami heat (You can call that teamspirit- eagerness to sacrifice your personal interest for the success of the team)
2. The last time the Heat made it to the conference semi-final was three years before he arrived (which means Wade alone was not enough).
3. He won the MVP twice with the Heat which shows that he ran the show among your so-called superstars.
4. He won the finals MVP on three different occasions which means he was the star of the team in the finals.
5. He built a good camaraderie with his teammates and that contributed to their success on the court.

Now, kindly compare his decision to that of Durant.

P.S LeBron won his two championship with the Heat because he had Dwade and Ray Allen. He won the last championship because he had Kyrie. So, I will never say that LeBron alone can win championships.
No hoops disciple would say they don't recognize his greatness. Maybe the magnitude is what we are disputing

1) Lmao at he took a pay cut. Who didn't? Ojebi. He for no take am na. He needed a ring to validate his career and legacy. He didn't sacrifice zilch. Wade did. That was his team

2) Lebron also lost in the 2nd round twice in 3 years prior to joining the Heat.

3) He also won it with the Cavs. Difference is he didn't even get to the Finals (in his MVP seasons) which means those so-called superstars pushed him over the line

4) He was the star of the team with two other guys averaging 18-20 pts. The firepower plenty. He should have been 4/4 in Finals with the Heat

5) There's a Yoruba saying 'Ona kan o wo oja' One road no enter market. Some want to build camaraderie others are all about winning

Wade put his ego aside and gave Lebron the keys. He didn't have to

Lastly Durant's decision is no worse than Lebron's its the height of double standards to argue otherwise. Joining two of the top 5 draft picks in your year? And you are the best? the King? Come on bruhh
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 11:08pm On Jan 14, 2017
Killrhymz:
and dis
J.lin and Camelo
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:27am On Jan 15, 2017
lolawilliams:

Lmaoo. They both sold out. If we analyse it critically na your guy own worse pass.

6) OKC no stacked anything. Ibaka a non-factor, Kanter was a sieve, No point being better when your competition are the San Antonio Spurs and the Warriors. E no sure for any team in the West. K.D gave his all from 2007 to 2016. Longer than Lebron. First he had to beat the two time champ Lakers then he faced the Mavs, then the Spurs, then the Warriors. 4 Champions!! You wan kill am? What was Lebron's competiton? An arugbo Celtics and Pistons team. Couldn't beat them ran to team up with 2 of the top 5 picks of his draft. Jeeeez! That is like M.J in 1989 joining Olajuwon and Barkley. Which kind ojoro be that?

7) Abeg if Dirk could stay in Dallas battling the Spurs and Lakers with Jason Terry as his 2nd best player at 32 then Lebron no get any excuse. His competition was an arugbo Celtics and Orlando Magic with just 1 title between them. Even if Durant stayed at OKC he would still have had to beat a well-rested Cavs with 3 all stars and a bunch of other battle tested vets.

cool That was naivete talking. Even San Antonio Spurs went for Lamarcus Aldridge. That should tell you that water don pass garri. Everybody is building a superteam. The ones that aren't are hamstrung by cap space or players not wanting to go there

The so-called King shouldn't leave his Kingdom to join 2 of the top 5 picks in his draft. That's like Olajuwon, Barkley and Jordan forming a team.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:49am On Jan 15, 2017
Wow. Tyreke balling like his rookie year.

Wade still got moves
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:16am On Jan 15, 2017
Killrhymz:

and dis
you can always tell a chinko by their slanted eye so first one J. Lin number two resemble Jimmy Butler
Re: The NBA Begins by SagePAUL(m): 1:18am On Jan 15, 2017
vote for your fav nba players to all star game New Orleans nba.com/vote
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:40am On Jan 15, 2017
i'll probably have to look it up,i don't think the Dallas Mavericks have ever defeated a LeBron lead team since that 2011 finals.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:04am On Jan 15, 2017
SIRcumalot:
i'll probably have to look it up,i don't think the Dallas Mavericks have ever defeated a LeBron lead team since that 2011 finals.
lmao what? grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 9:42am On Jan 15, 2017
I don't think Durant leaving OKC is totally because he couldn't win there. He wouldn't say it but I believe he left cos he didn't want to play with Westbrook anymore. He knew that and chose the best place to play the way he wanted and win as well. Just my opinion.

At least he didn't do a show to announce his decision. Lol
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 9:46am On Jan 15, 2017
lolawilliams:

J.lin and Camelo
deandre jordan and jimmy butler
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:08am On Jan 15, 2017
Had anyone heard From Mizzzbeee?? Is everything alright??
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 10:34am On Jan 15, 2017
Killrhymz:
deandre jordan and jimmy butler
:p How come he looks like a crackhead now, i mean Deandre
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 10:40am On Jan 15, 2017
A40:

Lmaoo. They both sold out. If we analyse it critically na your guy own worse pass.

6) OKC no stacked anything. Ibaka a non-factor, Kanter was a sieve, No point being better when your competition are the San Antonio Spurs and the Warriors. E no sure for any team in the West. K.D gave his all from 2007 to 2016. Longer than Lebron. First he had to beat the two time champ Lakers then he faced the Mavs, then the Spurs, then the Warriors. 4 Champions!! You wan kill am? What was Lebron's competiton? An arugbo Celtics and Pistons team. Couldn't beat them ran to team up with 2 of the top 5 picks of his draft. Jeeeez! That is like M.J in 1989 joining Olajuwon and Barkley. Which kind ojoro be that?

7) Abeg if Dirk could stay in Dallas battling the Spurs and Lakers with Jason Terry as his 2nd best player at 32 then Lebron no get any excuse. His competition was an arugbo Celtics and Orlando Magic with just 1 title between them. Even if Durant stayed at OKC he would still have had to beat a well-rested Cavs with 3 all stars and a bunch of other battle tested vets.

cool That was naivete talking. Even San Antonio Spurs went for Lamarcus Aldridge. That should tell you that water don pass garri. Everybody is building a superteam. The ones that aren't are hamstrung by cap space or players not wanting to go there

The so-called King shouldn't leave his Kingdom to join 2 of the top 5 picks in his draft. That's like Olajuwon, Barkley and Jordan forming a team.

lool. I know for sure you wont agree with me. smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 10:48am On Jan 15, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Had anyone heard From Mizzzbeee?? Is everything alright??

Skywalker5, Can you help us trace her IP address from her posts and get any info about her, maybe her mobile number.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 11:13am On Jan 15, 2017
Donlittle:
lmao what? grin
it checks out.
since 2011 Mavericks never beat any team wey dey on.

na dat chinko eye deceive me for DJ picture,
Butler ears though cheesy.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:30pm On Jan 15, 2017
lolawilliams:

lool. I know for sure you wont agree with me. smiley
On a Mr and Mrs Smith P. wink

That's true. Where's Mizzbeee? Must be very busy sha, it happens
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 3:16pm On Jan 15, 2017
A40:

No hoops disciple would say they don't recognize his greatness. Maybe the magnitude is what we are disputing

1) Lmao at he took a pay cut. Who didn't? Ojebi. He for no take am na. He needed a ring to validate his career and legacy. He didn't sacrifice zilch. Wade did. That was his team

2) Lebron also lost in the 2nd round twice in 3 years prior to joining the Heat.

3) He also won it with the Cavs. Difference is he didn't even get to the Finals (in his MVP seasons) which means those so-called superstars pushed him over the line

4) He was the star of the team with two other guys averaging 18-20 pts. The firepower plenty. He should have been 4/4 in Finals with the Heat

5) There's a Yoruba saying 'Ona kan o wo oja' One road no enter market. Some want to build camaraderie others are all about winning

Wade put his ego aside and gave Lebron the keys. He didn't have to

Lastly Durant's decision is no worse than Lebron's its the height of double standards to argue otherwise. Joining two of the top 5 draft picks in your year? And you are the best? the King? Come on bruhh

The Yoruba proverb 'ona kan o woja' also means that people don't care about how you got to the market. The main thing is to get there. The problem arises when you decide to take a different route only to get lost in the process.
Likewise, Different ways lead to success and what works for you might not work for others. Kobe had everything he needed in LA and he was successful. Durant had a good team but he felt will be successful elsewhere (We've got to wait and see if he will get to the market or get lost in the process of finding his way there). LeBron needed help which he was able to get in Miami and he was arguably successful.

I sincerely respect your opinion and I understand how challenging it is to separate emotions from arguments like this. So at this point, We've got to let it slide.

Cheers smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 15, 2017
Kobe in his prime played with trash. Smush Parker, kwame brown and many more lol.
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 3:32pm On Jan 15, 2017
Manutd19:
I don't think Durant leaving OKC is totally because he couldn't win there. He wouldn't say it but I believe he left cos he didn't want to play with Westbrook anymore. He knew that and chose the best place to play the way he wanted and win as well. Just my opinion.

At least he didn't do a show to announce his decision. Lol

Westbrook did a great job when Durant was injured and He felt he should be the face of their franchise. Durant wanted to win but Westbrook was more interested in who leads the team and that's one of the reasons I don't really fancy his triple-doubles. No man can do it alone and He will definitely be exposed in the playoff.

People knew Durant wanted to leave OKC, but why GSW?
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 3:52pm On Jan 15, 2017
lolawilliams:

Skywalker5, Can you help us trace her IP address from her posts and get any info about her, maybe her mobile number.

U can't get her mobile from IP besides,I don't think nairaland exposes IP address.maybe hackers can but that's deeper than what I do.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 15, 2017
lolawilliams:

seun used to have IP address of members available after every post is made, pretty sure he can get it to us

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (2192) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.