Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1616282 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (2199) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 5:09pm On Jan 17, 2017
zopaks:

Hey bro , this living in the past saying the Warriors still blew a 3-1 lead shit is getting boring ,they added 4 all Stars and dropped 6 players that cost them the finals, this isn't even close to that finals team,u honestly think this team would have blown that 3-1 lead,with Kevin Durant,David West,Javelle McGee and Zaza Pachilia? ?? Cmon bro ,for real question
Who's your bro?

Wow. What a time to become a Warriors fan.

Your same KD, David West, McGee, Zaza blew their lead against Grizz and Cavs this season. Have you forgotten?
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 6:20pm On Jan 17, 2017
Damn! You guys have got no chill smiley
I think the mods should just change the title of this thread to 'Cavs Vs The rest of the World'

The Cavs were not good last night and I don't think it's something to worry about. GSW won both legs last season and they still lost in the finals.
The West is so competitive and I don't think it's a sure ticket for them yet. So,You guys should just save your energy for the Playoffs/Finals.

@Lolawilliams, I doff my hat grin. You' really doing a great job fighting these e-warriors.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:29pm On Jan 17, 2017
You people should leave my Lola oh. Ma je ki'n kanra mo gbogbo yin oh
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:51pm On Jan 17, 2017
lolawilliams:

If not for Olynk that broke Love arm and Irving injury bck in 2015 (only reason steph and his Cindarellas got their ring), We wont be having this playoffs head to head talk. But never forget it Took you 6 games to defeat the King in 2015, JR was shiit back then in finals.

Are you comparing our 11 losses to your 6 losses. Do you know how many times weve rested our big 3?? . We're not a reg season stats whoree. Tell kerr to rest any of your big 3, then you can compare it to our 11 losses

Must i also remind you that when he whooped mere grizzles without Irving 103-86. You guys were choking and blowing a 24pts lead and suffering an epic 4th quater collapse on the 7th of jan

Must i also remind you that when Cavs rested Bron,Irving and love. Our bench lost by just 8pts to Grizz whereby you guy lost to them by 21pts?? grin

Start resting your Big 3 then we can compare the losses
Grizzlies we once best by 40?? Or Grizzlies we whoop throughout last season and the one before? Grizzlies of 4-1 playoffs?? Anty pack one side with your Blow lead Blow lead.. We get lead na why we blow am.. You didn't even lead by 1 point.. 1 point for God's sake. The last match we lead by 14 and you manage to win by 1 point.. And BTW those straight L's you got from GSW, all your Big 3s played..

our Big 3 which not by mistake are now all Stars were all drafted, breed and fed and then KD and Almighty Zaza cheesy.. And this rest of players, you notice how almost no other teams do this lazy stuffs except when players are coming off injury or towards end of the season.. Please just hold the fat L till we meet in playoffs..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:52pm On Jan 17, 2017
A40:
You people should leave my Lola oh. Ma je ki'n kanra mo gbogbo yin oh
She should just with humility take the L. That's all. Even Tyron Lue accepted they didn't show up.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:17pm On Jan 17, 2017
SmooshCHN:
She should just with humility take the L. That's all. Even Tyron Lue accepted they didn't show up.
Lmaoo LeFlop people no dey gree now you suppose know. You expect the fans of a guy that calls himself King to show humility. Lewl some of my very good friends are unrepentant Lebron fanboys and they were still arguing with me today that it wasn't a flop. And na Wide receiver e call himself oh. Is that how he would be flopping in the NFL?

Anyway I would advise Warrior and anti-Lebron fans to be careful and not engage Lebron and Cavs fans on any NBA Final talk. The struggle and path to get there is very different. The West is much tougher

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:10pm On Jan 17, 2017
As much as i would love to see a finals rematch between the Cavs and the Warriors. I think the warriors would have a more difficult path to the finals compared to the Cavs. What i mean is that the Warriors have a higher probability of getting knocked out of the playoff's in comparison to the Cav's.

Truthfully, i will not be surprised if the Warriors implode in second round or the conference finals. I really want a finals rematch, except my Celtics pull a miracle, however, i think the Cavs have an assured finals appearance than the Warriors.

#Justsaying.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:20pm On Jan 17, 2017
lolawilliams:

If not for Olynk that broke Love arm and Irving injury bck in 2015 (only reason steph and his Cindarellas got their ring), We wont be having this playoffs head to head talk. But never forget it Took you 6 games to defeat the King in 2015, JR was shiit back then in finals.

Are you comparing our 11 losses to your 6 losses. Do you know how many times weve rested our big 3?? . We're not a reg season stats whoree. Tell kerr to rest any of your big 3, then you can compare it to our 11 losses

Must i also remind you that when he whooped mere grizzles without Irving 103-86. You guys were choking and blowing a 24pts lead and suffering an epic 4th quater collapse on the 7th of jan

Must i also remind you that when Cavs rested Bron,Irving and love. Our bench lost by just 8pts to Grizz whereby you guy lost to them by 21pts?? grin

Start resting your Big 3 then we can compare the losses

If not for A. If not for B. That's all moot trash. If Draymond did play game 5. If Bogut was not injured Warriors can make the same case. With a full squad you had lost 4 straight games and actually 5 out of 6 and then the NBA swooped in to make the Playoffs take another twist while protecting the legacy of the 1996 Bulls. Everybody knows that.

Your excuse about resting players is equal load of tosh. You can afford to do that because with 11 losses you still lead your division. Come over to the west and you'd be 4th. Fact.

You beat Grizzlies this and that, makes no sense. We beat Portland silly and they beat you silly as well. Jazz can't seem to get a win against us but keep beating y'all now 6 games straight. Make up your mind already what's the major excuse you wanna hold unto. Say it so I can demolish it here once and for all.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:25pm On Jan 17, 2017
Roland17:
As much as i would love to see a finals rematch between the Cavs and the Warriors. I think the warriors would have a more difficult path to the finals compared to the Cavs. What i mean is that the Warriors have a higher probability of getting knocked out of the playoff's in comparison to the Cav's.

Truthfully, i will not be surprised if the Warriors implode in second round or the conference finals. I really want a finals rematch, except my Celtics pull a miracle, however, i think the Cavs have an assured finals appearance than the Warriors.

#Justsaying.

It is my fear. Rockets and Spurs have a genuine chance especially the Rockets. My joy is that the series is a 7 game series and not one off or else the probability of GSW going out would have been a notch higher. I have no option but to have faith. We need to sweep the Cavs once and for all (as impossible as it sounds). I don't know how it will happen (what I am about to say next) I mean with KD blocking Lebron et al grin grin but Curry needs a finals MVP on his resumé.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 11:49pm On Jan 17, 2017
chic2pimp:

It's a really bad time for the Cavs to play a GS team who will be champing at the bits to face you guys. The 4 match winning is bound to end sometime and methinks it will be on monday

I said this to Lola a few days. I saw it coming and simply could not see a way out. That severe a£@ whopping was inevitable really.

Barring any injuries or another Heroic/Historic King James Performance, they'll regain the NBA title. That team is simply too stacked(i'll wager my mortgage on myself guiding this team into the playoff)not too.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:21am On Jan 18, 2017
Eruditor:

It is my fear. Rockets and Spurs have a genuine chance especially the Rockets. My joy is that the series is a 7 game series and not one off or else the probability of GSW going out would have been a notch higher. I have no option but to have faith. We need to sweep the Cavs once and for all (as impossible as it sounds). I don't know how it will happen (what I am about to say next) I mean with KD blocking Lebron et al grin grin but Curry needs a finals MVP on his resumé.
sweep the cavs?!!!
una don start again,you never learn anything from that last season.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:48am On Jan 18, 2017
I don give up for this LA clippers parole, them don swear for this team.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:15am On Jan 18, 2017
SIRcumalot:
I don give up for this LA clippers parole,
them don swear for this team.
I have one for you cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM_UJJSq6D8

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 9:56am On Jan 18, 2017
SmooshCHN:
I have one for you cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM_UJJSq6D8
Bro. you still want CP3 for P.G?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:48pm On Jan 18, 2017
lolawilliams:

Bro. you still want CP3 for P.G?
Add Kevin Love undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:05pm On Jan 18, 2017
have a got a question for you NFL people. what happened to Cam Newton the original dablord ? he was every where for 2016. @A40 Donlittle and anybody wey sabi
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 2:22pm On Jan 18, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Add Kevin Love undecided

Loool. I can add Channing fyre, he's sharp 3pts shooter
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 2:36pm On Jan 18, 2017
SIRcumalot:
have a got a question for you NFL people.
what happened to Cam Newton the original dablord ? he was every where for 2016.
@A40 Donlittle and anybody wey sabi

He wasn't close to the player he was last season. His injury also affected him alot. And Atlanta and New Orleans got more stronger than the Panthers.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:16pm On Jan 18, 2017
Na my epe dey worry Chris Paul so. The baga ruined my player prop on Saturday. A cool $300.
I had the guy for u19.5 the dosgbe just had to score 20 in a game they were comfortably leading. Ko ti mo meme

SIRcumalot:
Well for one teams scouted him better. His pass accuracy and completion has always been suspect and waay below that of elite QBs, add that to his team's terrible pass defense it meant he had to throw the ball even more to either maintain leads or make up deficits, hence expose his weaknesses even further

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
SIRcumalot:

There are so may perspectives to answering this question. There is the league perspective, officiating, other teams and of course Cam himself.

I honestly believe the league became inconsistent with how they handled Cam in comparison to other QB including bigger QB's like Ben R. Not sure they wanted him to be the face of the league either, after a spectacular 2016. Player safety was thrown to the garbage whenever he played, when NFL greats like Bo-Jackson tell you "Cams hits scared the hell out of them" then you know there was a fundamental issue with how he was being officiated.

In the NFL when the QB leaves the pocket, he becomes a runner, and any hit below the helmet is legal, however, we were seeing helmet to helmet hits that were not called. I think this played into his psyche and deflated him. The panthers have to improve their offense also, they rely heavily on Cam and K. Benjamin, D.C of opponents shut him down and they are done because Cam was already accounted for. Injuries to Olsen on offense and the loss of J. Norman on made their defense vulnerable to QB's with arm strength.

The NFC South is loaded with good QB's : M. Ryan (Falcons), D. Brees (Saints), and J. Winston (Bucs), thus, Cam on his own has to re-evaluate his style of play this coming season, and make improvements in his throwing, pocket awareness and reading defenses.

I hope i helped.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:43pm On Jan 18, 2017
Roland17:

There are so may perspectives to answering this question. There is the league perspective, officiating, other teams and of course Cam himself.

I honestly believe the league became inconsistent with how they handled Cam in comparison to other QB including bigger QB's like Ben R. Not sure they wanted him to be the face of the league either, after a spectacular 2016. Player safety was thrown to the garbage whenever he played, when NFL greats like Bo-Jackson tell you "Cams hits scared the hell out of them" then you know there was a fundamental issue with how he was being officiated.

In the NFL when the QB leaves the pocket, he becomes a runner, and any hit below the helmet is legal, however, we were seeing helmet to helmet hits that were not called. I think this played into his psyche and deflated him. The panthers have to improve their offense also, they rely heavily on Cam and K. Benjamin, D.C of opponents shut him down and they are done because Cam was already accounted for. Injuries to Olsen on offense and the loss of J. Norman on made their defense vulnerable to QB's with arm strength.

The NFC South is loaded with good QB's : M. Ryan (Falcons), D. Brees (Saints), and J. Winston (Bucs), thus, Cam on his own has to re-evaluate his style of play this coming season, and make improvements in his throwing, pocket awareness and reading defenses.

I hope i helped.
I was agreeing with what you said till you included Big Ben. Do you see the hits he receives on a yearly by certified thugs like Terrell Suggs and Vontaze Burfict? If you wan list QB's wey league dey protect Big Ben is definitely not one of them

QB's that can run the ball tend to be prone to career shortening hits: RG3 another example. I don't think the same league that handed Cam the MVP would go out of their way to not want him to be the face of the league. Its not like he has legal issues or has been substance abusing. Some of these refs are just incompetent

The important thing for Cam is to improve his pass completion. Their defense is no longer good enough to accommodate his sub 60% rate

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:27pm On Jan 18, 2017
thanks for the answers
dude was so big last year even non NFL people took notice.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:28pm On Jan 18, 2017
A40:

I was agreeing with what you said till you included Big Ben. Do you see the hits he receives on a yearly by certified thugs like Terrell Suggs and Vontaze Burfict? If you wan list QB's wey league dey protect Big Ben is definitely not one of them

QB's that can run the ball tend to be prone to career shortening hits: RG3 another example. I don't think the same league that handed Cam the MVP would go out of their way to not want him to be the face of the league. Its not like he has legal issues or has been substance abusing. Some of these refs are just incompetent

The important thing for Cam is to improve his pass completion. Their defense is no longer good enough to accommodate his sub 60% rate

Cam was the unanimous MVP of 2016, day light robbery would have been an understatement if he was not awarded the MVP, thus his award was inevitable. The hits Cam suffered this season were obvious out of bound hits, even the NFL knew something was different, and called a 1/1 meeting with Cam and his agent.

Maybe i stretched it by including Big Ben, but i don't think Ben suffered as bad as Cam did this season. Don't get me wrong, i am one of Ben's followers even though i am a die hard Packer, its like my love for Dirk, and Rick Carlisle even though i bleed green.

I think we both agree Cam has to improve his throwing, for me i think he should also work on his pocket awareness and reading defenses quicker. I look forward to adjustments to help Cam regain his deflated confidence.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:29pm On Jan 18, 2017
SIRcumalot:

sweep the cavs?!!!
una don start again,you never learn anything from that last season.

Lol..I can reel out all the things that led to that but let me accept that chief of all was LBJ being numinous. Ok, so we have KD now who is no Harrison Barnes. Explain to me how Cavs will cope with him.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 18, 2017
Who runs all these twitter account for these franchises? Savage I tell ya

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:13am On Jan 19, 2017
lolawilliams:

Loool. I can add Channing fyre, he's sharp 3pts shooter
Shey you snub me that time ba? Or Because I made one foolish trade with you? I even vex as I answer you sef.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:14am On Jan 19, 2017
Donlittle:
Who runs all these twitter account for these franchises? Savage I tell ya
Savage World cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:24am On Jan 19, 2017
Seems I'm the only one watching OKC vs Warriors..

The match is slow ass hell. Westbrook triple double.
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 6:25am On Jan 19, 2017
I like what KD is doing Thunder grin, this third quarter is just sweeting me...
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 6:26am On Jan 19, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Seems I'm the only one watching OKC vs Warriors..

The match is slow ass hell. Westbrook triple double.
There are lot of turn overs in the second quarter, but this 3rd is quite interesting
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:32am On Jan 19, 2017
ipledge10:
There are lot of turn overs in the second quarter, but this 3rd is quite interesting

@smooshCHN
You only had to wait for it, it was surely gonna come : GSW at some point were defo gonna pull away. They're doing just that.
Meanwhile, Westbrook on 21 triple doubles. If he gets up to Wilt Chamberlain's record (he is already on pace), he would surely be the regular season MVP
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 6:34am On Jan 19, 2017
sapiosexual1:

@smooshCHN
You only had to wait for it, it was surely gonna come : GSW at some point were defo gonna pull away. They're doing just that.
Meanwhile, Westbrook on 21 triple doubles. If he gets up to Wilt Chamberlain's record (he is already on pace), he would surely be the regular season MVP
Im really feeling Durant, I believe he will have more than 40 if he gets back into the game

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (2199) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: A40(m), Kibbs(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.