Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,487 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1615770 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (2198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by allenmeist: 4:25pm On Mar 07, 2017
Any Top 3 w/o Kawhi Leonard, James Harden and Lebron James aint a list...Mark Cuban is right
Re: The NBA Begins by allenmeist: 4:41pm On Mar 07, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Top 10 NBA player right now

Kawhi
Harden
LeBron
Westbrook
Durant
Isaiah Thomas
Demarcus
Anthony Davis
John Wall
Gordon Hayward /Antetokounmpo / Nikola Jokic / Draymond..

Curry, Irving, CP3, Paul George, Lowry and Anthony Towns aren't really doing anything special.. Feel free to disagree with your list.

Antetokounmpo would have been higher up my list...

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 07, 2017
allenmeist:
Any Top 3 w/o Kawhi Leonard, James Harden and Lebron James aint a list...Mark Cuban is right
I would put Westbrook ahead of Harden and would only leave LeBron on the list because he is ofcus, LeBron.
@SmooshCHN
Re: The NBA Begins by kingsilly(m): 6:38pm On Mar 07, 2017
Lola is uncharacteristically quiet angry
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:51pm On Mar 07, 2017
allenmeist:

Antetokounmpo would have been higher up my list...
Means the list ain't that bad cheesy
sapiosexual1:

I would put Westbrook ahead of Harden and would only leave LeBron on the list because he is ofcus, LeBron.
Nah!! Because he plays well that's all.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:25pm On Mar 07, 2017
SmooshCHN:

Kawhi
Harden
LeBron
Westbrook
Durant
Isaiah Thomas
Demarcus
Anthony Davis
John Wall

Curry, Irving, CP3, Paul George, Lowry and Anthony Towns aren't really doing anything special.. Feel free to disagree with your list.

I know opinions are free and what not but sorry you are not going to be taken seriously if your list changes after every game. Whether Kawhi blocked Harden or not, Harden is the most valuable player for his team.

Sure, Kawhi has been nothing short of otherworldly this season but even when he was not as great last season his team racked up 67 wins. Lebron will always be Lebron and his team surely are not punching above their weights with his presence this term. They are doing exactly what was expected of them even though some might say they are slightly underperforming.

As per Russell, like I have said all season he is having perhaps the best season numberswise compared to the other players on the list but his team sits in 7th position in his conference. Sorry, but that just isn't MVP material. He is just the best player in his team and producing the best numbers while at it.

I don't know about you guys but Harden is seriously playing out of his depth. His team is marginally behind GSW and Spurs in the West and he is a (if not THE) major reason for it. Besides, he still put out 39 points yesterday against Spurs (which is the same with Kawhi) to go with his 6/9 3pt shooting and 12 Assists.

One block cannot just end him like that. Abeg.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:28pm On Mar 07, 2017
kingsilly:

Humble pie tastes worse when you troll others about back to back losses and now your team has lost 3 games in the last 4 or 5 (after acquiring new players).
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 7:48pm On Mar 07, 2017
Eruditor:

I know opinions are free and what not but sorry you are not going to be taken seriously if your list changes after every game. Whether Kawhi blocked Harden or not, Harden is the most valuable player for his team.

Sure, Kawhi has been nothing short of otherworldly this season but even when he was not as great last season his team racked up 67 wins. Lebron will always be Lebron and his team surely are not punching above their weights with his presence this term. They are doing exactly what was expected of them even though some might say they are slightly underperforming.

As per Russell, like I have said all season he is having perhaps the best season numberswise compared to the other players on the list but his team sits in 7th position in his conference. Sorry, but that just isn't MVP material. He is just the best player in his team and producing the best numbers while at it.

I don't know about you guys but Harden is seriously playing out of his depth. His team is marginally behind GSW and Spurs in the West and he is a (if not THE) major reason for it. Besides, he still put out 39 points yesterday against Spurs (which is the same with Kawhi) to go with his 6/9 3pt shooting and 12 Assists.

the spurs roster isn't that great to me either but if you play for Pop you won't get too much glory.
plus kawhi doesn't even act like somebody that is searching for the MVP trophy.
whoever wins it out of the two is alright with me.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:28pm On Mar 07, 2017
Eruditor:

I know opinions are free and what not but sorry you are not going to be takenq seriously if your list changes after every game. Whether Kawhi blocked Harden or not, Harden is the most valuable player for his team.

The list is right but you dont agree with the order, that's OK. It's just based on performance so far this season.. And yes it's definitely going to change every now and then. Harden is definitely MVP candidate..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:24am On Mar 08, 2017
kingsilly:
No mate, she is characteristically quiet.
Soo very typical of her to stick head in the sand in times like this.
Lola swirry, NL NBA family misses you, in success and defeat, we're ur ppl right? grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:30am On Mar 08, 2017
So Westbrook would have a Melo Anthony season. Lead the league in points, perhaps rack up 39 TDs which may count for nothing when they come up against any of the Top 3 in the playoffs.
I'm still impressed with him and would perhaps 'waste' my third MVP slot on him over James. (I know I earlier said Harden but when you review more stats and videos, a change of mind is in order.) No hating, but James is just James(forget the minutes he has logged this season) and has done nothing spectacular this season. Take Irving outta the team and let's see James punch above his weight.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:16am On Mar 08, 2017
I have nothing to say concerning that Westbrook.. 58pts and you still lose. Either the team is that bad or guys aren't getting involved

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 10:42am On Mar 08, 2017
sapiosexual1:
No hating, but James is just James(forget the minutes he has logged this season) and has done nothing spectacular this season. Take Irving outta the team and let's see James punch above his weight

In what timeline/alternate universe do you live in?
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 11:06am On Mar 08, 2017
SmooshCHN:

Kawhi
Harden
LeBron
Westbrook
Durant
Isaiah Thomas
Demarcus
Anthony Davis
John Wall

Interesting list

Ooh Mpa's MVP list would be like:

Kawhi
Harden
Lebron
Westbrook
Thomas
Durant
Derozan
Wall
Lowry
Hayward
Gasol

CURRENTLY!!!!

If dem like talk say Harden go win MVP, Kawhi is superior currently cos:

His team is 2nd best in NBA just 2.5 games behind
He's the best 2 way player in the league
He's the 2nd clutchest player in the league
He's the highlight in a team that features grandpas and farmers, a first in a long while.
He's the second PER in the league for someone that averages few minutes

And again, his team is close to first.

Salud

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 11:09am On Mar 08, 2017
OohMpa:

Interesting list

Ooh Mpa's MVP list would be like:

Kawhi
Harden
Lebron
Westbrook
Thomas
Durant
Derozan
Wall
Lowry
Hayward
Gasol

CURRENTLY!!!!

If dem like talk say Harden go win MVP, Kawhi is superior currently cos:

His team is 2nd best in NBA just 2.5 games behind
He's the best 2 way player in the league
He's the 2nd clutchest player in the league
He's the highlight in a team that features grandpas and farmers , a first in a long while.
He's the second PER in the league for someone that averages few minutes

And again, his team is close to first.

Salud

Lmaoooo
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2017
A40:

Waawu. I admire this your confidence. I hope this means no excuses if the Cavs don't repeat. For all we know you might be right

I'm not a Cavs fan but this is how I see it if truly LeBron is great. I mean common, this team have LeBron and Irving with guys like Love, Korver, JR Smith, Deron, TT etc. I was surprised hearing LeBron saying how bad it's is Bogut is out. Common! Bogut is a non factor imo in a team with a KING and a beast handler.
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 1:22pm On Mar 08, 2017
SmooshCHN:
You even dey mind am? Anyone who watched Rockets vs Spurs would know that the West top 5 don't come to play..
It's not like Atlanta Hawks or Pistons that got swept like twice undecided.

If Cavs play to their potential which I believe they will do come playoff, tell me one team that can stop them apart from maybe the Spurs assuming Durant is out?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 1:27pm On Mar 08, 2017
Harden or Kawhi, who do you choose to build a championship team around?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:31pm On Mar 08, 2017
Dirk Nowitzki 30000pts. Phenomenal I must say.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:35pm On Mar 08, 2017
Manutd19:

If Cavs play to their potential which I believe they will do come playoff, tell me one team that can stop them apart from maybe the Spurs assuming Durant is out?
Lol.. Assuming Durant is out. Stop with the potential BS abeg. You wouldn't last Utah Jazz in a 5 game series.
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 3:09pm On Mar 08, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Lol.. Assuming Durant is out. Stop with the potential BS abeg. You wouldn't last Utah Jazz in a 5 game series.

Na wa for you oo.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:54pm On Mar 08, 2017
Manutd19:

Na wa for you oo.
cheesy I'm just trying to say. Every top 8 teams in both conferences have potentials. So we can assume so many different circumstances. So assumptions don't hold water. And Yes or Yes, Utah would give Cavs a run for their money without assumptions. And Spurs or GSW would also even with or without assumptions
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:47pm On Mar 08, 2017
Manutd19:
Harden or Kawhi, who do you choose to build a championship team around?

Not every one is a playmaker. Being better right now with your team doesn't translate to a playmaker
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:05pm On Mar 08, 2017
The way teams are blowing up leads in sports these days.. I can't even understand. I never believed. Fron 4-0 and then 3-1 (I officially gave up here at 83mins) to 6-1 cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:07am On Mar 09, 2017
Manutd19:

I'm not a Cavs fan but this is how I see it if truly LeBron is great. I mean common, this team have LeBron and Irving with guys like Love, Korver, JR Smith, Deron, TT etc. I was surprised hearing LeBron saying how bad it's is Bogut is out. Common! Bogut is a non factor imo in a team with a KING and a beast handler.
This is a very strong Cavs team. As far as I'm concerned if they don't win it all your boy has NO excuse
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:14am On Mar 09, 2017
Shoutout to Koenig Dirk. 6th player to drop 30k!!! He dropped 18pts in a quarter last night. 19 years in the game and still killing it. Can only imagine how many rings he woulda won with a bit more talent.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:21am On Mar 09, 2017
allenmeist:
Westbrook has outplayed Kawhi and Lebron this year. Mark Cuban is not right anything.

Not a fan of Westbrook and his puerile antagonizing of K.D but to trivialize what he has done this year is unfair. His workload is sick

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:13am On Mar 09, 2017
Manutd19:

bogut isn't a non factor.
you guys keep looking at the warriors but you've to get to the finals first.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:54am On Mar 09, 2017
I need to read epistles from Warrior fans on this loss.

I have said it before, even though some will disagree, Steve Kerr is very poor for such a talented team. Again, where is the defense?

Awaiting epistles..

The Warriors and the Cavs stink right now.

#GOOOOOCELTICS
#GREENRUNSDEEP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 7:49am On Mar 09, 2017
How did the Kings blow a 28 point lead to a Spurs team without Kawhi and Lamarcus?
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 8:26am On Mar 09, 2017
Mynd44:
How did the Kings blow a 28 point lead to a Spurs team without Kawhi and Lamarcus?

How did Psg blow a 4 goals lead to Barcelona and couldn't hold on to an away goal advantage?

That's sport for you.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:54am On Mar 09, 2017
Roland17:
I need to read epistles from Warrior fans on this loss.

have said it before, even though some will disagree, Steve Kerr is very poor for such a talented team. Again, where is the defense?

Awaiting epistles..

The Warriors and the Cavs stink right now.

#GOOOOOCELTICS
#GREENRUNSDEEP

Kerr is poor when he looses then has good players when he wins. You can't make things like this up.

Anyways, it was a late game so I couldn't stay up to watch it hence I can't tell what really happened. The figures show it was an offensive rather than a defensive slump with an 86 point home game, 8 TOs 4th quarter and 12 points to show for it.

Again, the team bottles another close game because a bench has garbage shooters and the greater shooters which Klay and Curry are, are going through their worst shooting run since forever.

You are not telling us something we didn't know. GSW has been bad for the last 6 games atleast and I said that, even when we beat the Knicks.

Take your W and walk with it. Hope it makes up for what AFC did to you on Tuesday. GSWs implosion and possible slide to second seed will not take away the joy that Barca brought to me yesterday cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (2198) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.