Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1616721 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (2199) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 22, 2017
Manutd19:

Disagree with them being the most stacked team. Okay Cavs are without injury. Only difference is Cavs can't seem to play to their potential..YET.
The addition of KD makes the warriors the team to beat.
Even with the Cavs new addition , i bet you the Cavs are still wary of a fully fit KD
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:39am On Mar 22, 2017
sapiosexual1:
Forget the comeback talk, the warriors are back. But hey, i don't know why Eruditor and smooshchn are going berserk. angry
It's not like y'all aren't the best equipped team in the league already, if anything, it's the Cavs who should be worried now.
And hey, all these your epistles on Westbrook gets me chuckling, I mean , Hollywood or not, history would remember him for what he has done this season and his name would be mentioned in the same breathe with Robertson. No one cares to know how many soft FTs James gets, all we know is that season by season he climbs up the all time ladder.

Nobody cares about his TDs (atleast we didn't diss it me and SmooshCHN). We were talking about how he doesn't make his teammates better hence their loss.

Anyways, I like the fact that we have gone back to being the most equipped team even after losing KD. All I know is that even after we lost to the Timberwolves and barely beat the Sixers, I was here announcing that we had gotten our groove back but you were saying until we blew a big team out you disagreed. Well, at least you can see why I rate my own opinion about my team very highly.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:43am On Mar 22, 2017
Manutd19:

Disagree with them being the most stacked team. Okay Cavs are without injury. Only difference is Cavs can't seem to play to their potential..YET.

Forget potential, they are coming out of the East. If they face Spurs, GSW or Houston that's another argument especially if GSWs shots fall and the refs call the obvious fouls.

Cavs never really had a system of playing they are heavy ISOs and 3 points but the only difference this time is they have gone down on rebounds and rim protection.

Even if they played their best ever basketball, it will still depend on what the Western teams do because the western teams are well-coached system teams that shoot better than your cavs.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:44am On Mar 22, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Latest

You mean Curry's six shy of equalling the highest number of 3s for Klay despite his run of bad shooting games? He must be the greatest shooter I ever saw.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:09am On Mar 22, 2017
Eruditor:

You mean Curry's six shy of equalling the highest number of 3s for Klay despite his run of bad shooting games? He must be the greatest shooter I ever saw.
Ray Allen and Reggie Miller already confirmed He is and you're still wasting time cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 10:54am On Mar 22, 2017
SmooshCHN:
"He peaked at the right time" grin grin I thought you had Skywalker also.. I hope he beats Killryhmz so I know what LeBron feels having an easy road to championships cheesy
Till then Lucious is chopping it 7-2. Hopefully it stays that way.

Hahaha great satan grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:20pm On Mar 22, 2017
joephemzyz:

Hahaha great satan grin
Well, I for make am 9-0 but you know I allay us respect my opponents cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 4:10pm On Mar 22, 2017
SmooshCHN:
"He peaked at the right time" grin grin I thought you had Skywalker also.. I hope he beats Killryhmz so I know what LeBron feels having an easy road to championships cheesy
Till then Lucious is chopping it 7-2. Hopefully it stays that way.

Hahaha great satan ;
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 4:16pm On Mar 22, 2017
Eruditor:

Forget potential, they are coming out of the East. If they face Spurs, GSW or Houston that's another argument especially if GSWs shots fall and the refs call the obvious fouls.

Cavs never really had a system of playing they are heavy ISOs and 3 points but the only difference this time is they have gone down on rebounds and rim protection.

Even if they played their best ever basketball, it will still depend on what the Western teams do because the western teams are well-coached system teams that shoot better than your cavs.

You won't just stop saying "your cavs". Do if I say anything in cavs favor, means I'ma Cavs fan? smh

You have a point, top western team have better coach system than the cavs which is the difference. The argument was "most stacked team"
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 4:22pm On Mar 22, 2017
sapiosexual1:

The addition of KD makes the warriors the team to beat.
Even with the Cavs new addition , i bet you the Cavs are still wary of a fully fit KD

Well it's prolly cos they don't have a better system than warriors. I mean why should they be wary of the warriors with that squad?
Playoff squad
LeBron vs Durant
Irving vs Curry
Klay vs JR
Draymond vs Love
TT vs Pachulia
Cavs bench vs Warriors bench

Why should that cavs team be inferior to warriors?
LeBron, Irving wins their position hands down.
JR and Love are very good player to challenge Klay and Draymond and TT will eat Pachulia all day.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:37pm On Mar 22, 2017
Manutd19:

Well it's prolly cos they don't have a better system than warriors. I mean why should they be wary of the warriors with that squad?
Playoff squad
LeBron vs Durant
Irving vs Curry
Klay vs JR
Draymond vs Love
TT vs Pachulia

JR and Love are very good player to challenge Klay and Draymond and TT will eat Pachulia all day.

Which means pound for pound the Cavs are the better team cheesy
No problem.. There won't be lots of excuses to come.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:51pm On Mar 22, 2017
Manutd19:

Playoff squad
LeBron vs Durant
Irving vs Curry
Klay vs JR
Draymond vs Love
TT vs Pachulia

why you dey do like say basketball na 1 on 1.
if you check bron and KD numbers when they match up since the 12 final the score go surprise me and you,but you still know who good pass,no look am like this bro.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 22, 2017
this nigga said lebron and irving wins their position hands down. I am confused, which position does irving plays? you can't even say arguably, you said hands down. Guy, even warriors fan they vex me of recent, but sometimes at least yarn the truth make you shame the devil. The only position cavs get hands down na small forward position, and maybe center
Manutd19:

Playoff squad
LeBron vs Durant
Irving vs Curry
Klay vs JR
Draymond vs Love
TT vs Pachulia

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:00pm On Mar 22, 2017
Manutd19:

You won't just stop saying "your cavs". Do if I say anything in cavs favor, means I'ma Cavs fan? smh

You have a point, top western team have better coach system than the cavs which is the difference. The argument was "most stacked team"

As a rule of thumb, I like people who can read and comprehend before replying. Sure, I mentioned "your Cavs" but that's because you have owned them by giving them claims even they would not accept. Save that, I didn't discuss most stacked with you and there is a reason for that.

SmooshCHN has already answered you well, if they are most stacked fine - there should be no argument if they lose to a less stacked team. That's all I have to say. Cheers.
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 8:00pm On Mar 22, 2017
Donlittle:
this nigga said lebron and irving wins their position hands down. I am confused, which position does irving plays? you can't even say arguably, you said hands down. Guy, even warriors fan they vex me of recent, but sometimes at least yarn the truth make you shame the devil. The only position cavs get hands down na small forward position, and maybe center

I'm still waiting for Curry to outplay Irving in playoff
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 22, 2017
Manutd19:

I'm still waiting for Curry to outplay Irving in playoff
Two mvps cool
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 10:08pm On Mar 22, 2017
Donlittle:
Two mvps cool

You get time.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:47am On Mar 23, 2017
What is the Cavs record vs Western Conference teams. Yeah we know they came back from 3-1 but I'm struggling to remember a top 10 Western team that has not sodomized them this season. Would they even get to the Finals if they had to play GSW, SAS, LAC, POR, HOU 3 or 4 times a year

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:44am On Mar 23, 2017
A40:
What is the Cavs record vs Western Conference teams. Yeah we know they came back from 3-1 but I'm struggling to remember a top 10 Western team that has not sodomized them this season. Would they even get to the Finals if they had to play GSW, SAS, LAC, POR, HOU 3 or 4 times a year
*Coughs Hard* I doubt they'll have time to rest players. But it is what it is, they're finals bound and won't be humble about it cheesy
Hopefully we'll humble them grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:37am On Mar 23, 2017
Manutd19:

Playoff squad
LeBron vs Durant
Irving vs Curry
Klay vs JR
Draymond vs Love
TT vs Pachulia

Bball isn't rocket science brov

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:40am On Mar 23, 2017
A40:
Cavs fans would have none of it, they still argue that their conference is just as tough and competitive as the West.
They are not even at par with the Rockets.
It's just unfortunate that they would only meet one of the best from the West in the playoffs.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 23, 2017
sapiosexual1:

Cavs fans would have none of it, they still argue that their conference is just as tough and competitive as the West.
They are not even at par with the Rockets.
It's just unfortunate that they would only meet one of the best from the West in the playoffs.
And the best from the West usually have tired legs
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:33pm On Mar 23, 2017
Donlittle:
Fact
Re: The NBA Begins by Timi141: 12:57pm On Mar 23, 2017
All bandwagon fans here I see. embarassed embarassed
No Knicks fan.
No. OK.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:18pm On Mar 23, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Fact
not really,
the last game 7 in a conference final before OKC-warriors happened in the east:heat-pacers and heat-celtics,consecutively too.
meanwhile the spurs ran a train on the west and one time destroyed the grizzles in 4.
so the conference things switches every now and then.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:08pm On Mar 23, 2017
Cavs are not in a crisis.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 23, 2017
Donlittle:
Exactly. After playing 7 games in conference finals as against 5 for the Cavs.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:41am On Mar 24, 2017
Eruditor:
Cavs are not in a crisis.

grin wawuu

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:02am On Mar 24, 2017
Lmao Blake Griffin. These guys are butter sawft. Flopping don dey turn virus
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 24, 2017
When LeBron accuses his teammates of lacking toughness, WTF is he on about? Bros J be feeling like Superman. Soo very good at deflecting the blame when things go South. That tin wey hhim dey find, he no go see am.
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 3:29pm On Mar 24, 2017
sapiosexual1:
When LeBron accuses his teammates of lacking toughness, WTF is he on about? Bros J be feeling like Superman. Soo very good at deflecting the blame when things go South. That tin wey hhim dey find, he no go see am.

I don't really see his statement as an accusation. I believe he was just trying to get his teammates ready for the big task of defending the title. A lot of players on the team, including LeBron, had a poor performance against Denver. So, All of them need to work on the mental aspect of their game. Aside that, LeBron is the leader and he's been at the finals more than any active player. So, he knows what it takes to be at the big stage and probably he has noticed some things in the team that we, as fans, don't get to see.

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (2199) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.