Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1616914 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (2199) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 5:20am On Nov 02, 2012
Did anyone see that block Duncan did on Durant? And I still can't get over that last shot. One game at a time and Spurs are riding again
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:45pm On Nov 02, 2012
Mynd_44: Did anyone see that block Duncan did on Durant? And I still can't get over that last shot. One game at a time and Spurs are riding again

I saw the block, infact, durant was so sure he was going to the rim, until Duncan ruined his thoughts, i loved the victory and hell yes they need a point guard as Westbrook is not one, i would rather have K. Martin play PG than R. Westbrook.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 5:30pm On Nov 02, 2012
Roland17:

I saw the block, infact, durant was so sure he was going to the rim, until Duncan ruined his thoughts, i loved the victory and hell yes they need a point guard as Westbrook is not one, i would rather have K. Martin play PG than R. Westbrook.
That was one hell of a block
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 02, 2012
teams are mopping the floor with okc's ass while harden is over in houston proving a point
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 8:32pm On Nov 02, 2012
joeydozzy: teams are mopping the floor with okc's ass while harden is over in houston proving a point
That's the truth
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:48pm On Nov 02, 2012
That block was a grown man move mehn! Makes you want to agree with the Tim Duncan is the greatest Power Forward of all time argument (not like I agree totally Malone didn't have guys like Bowen,Robinson,Ginobili and Parker) you gotta respect Duncan for schooling these youngins! Blake Griffin and now Durant

Early days tho you guys should take it easy with the predictions

Here is some humor for y'all

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:36pm On Nov 02, 2012
^^^ I would pick Moses Eugene Malone anyday, anytime ahead of any current or past Center/ Power forward in the NBA, that guy was huge especially during his championship season with Philly (i think in 1983, am not too sure about the year) and to think that he personally trained Hakeem Olajunwo makes him a genius, don't get me wrong though, i still believe Timmy is ahead of his peers in this generation, when it comes to fundamentals and basketball IQ and like u said, he makes them look like school kids. lol..
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 10:06pm On Nov 02, 2012
Roland17: ^^^ I would pick Moses Eugene Malone anyday, anytime ahead of any current or past Center/ Power forward in the NBA, that guy was huge especially during his championship season with Philly (i think in 1983, am not too sure about the year) and to think that he personally trained Hakeem Olajunwo makes him a genius, don't get me wrong though, i still believe Timmy is ahead of his peers in this generation, when it comes to fundamentals and basketball IQ and like u said, he makes them look like school kids. lol..
Tommy is just fabulous and to imagine that he always manages to keep his cool is another thing that amazes me
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 1:24am On Nov 03, 2012
The Knicks off to a great start. Melo burning a bit there and why are the Heats not using a "real" point guard?
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 1:40am On Nov 03, 2012
33:17 half time, Knicks lead.
Melo is just doing the right things both on offence and defence.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:49am On Nov 03, 2012
"Rubbish Basketball" that's the only way i can describe today's game against the bucks, we were punished for not rebounding the ball on the Offensive and defensive glass, the bucks dominated second chance points, i was so disgusted, we tried to do too much going to the rim rather than keep it simple and that lead to several annoying turnovers that only made me kick the table.
Late rotation especially on weak side defense and 18 freaking turnovers!!!! are u kidding me?
Sulinger( this kid has to understand this is the NBA and not college basketball, his defense is erratic, commits too much foul) and J.Green were disappointing again... my God and sooo pissed off right now..
It's early season and i hope we can rectify these anomalies early angry angry angry angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 3:36am On Nov 03, 2012
I did not watch the Celtics play but the Heats game just finished abi it was a beauty. I am so happy for Rasheed Wallace
Lakers next
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:49am On Nov 03, 2012
I watched the 3rd and fourth quarter of the Hearts/ Knicks game, Knicks won shooting 3 points and i think they have improved with the passing game.... i was so happy to hear chants from the fans in thirst for Rasheed Wallace and subsequent applause when he came in, he would always remain a legend in the big apple.

45 points for Harden, UNLEASH THE BEARD MAN!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:58am On Nov 03, 2012
James Harden is balling right about now...

Hardsanity + Linsanity = Best back court in the NBA atm...
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 4:16am On Nov 03, 2012
If the Lakers don't improve, I am going to bed. You can't allow Griffin and Jordan dem rebounds like that na. They got to defend more and reduce the turnovers.
I can't stay up all night only to be disappointed
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 4:25am On Nov 03, 2012
Y'all update me on the score, I am going to bed.
WTF are these guys playing?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:34am On Nov 03, 2012
shymexx: James Harden is balling right about now...

Hardsanity + Linsanity = Best back court in the NBA atm...

...wtf.....

...did Kobe and Nash die..?..

Lol this niqqah writing crazy shitt

Linsanity........

Jeremy Lin's left hand is about as effective and authentic as ya boy London's American Street Slang

Lin is a turnover machine....

Nah im gud ill take the 39 year old canadian and tha Mamba
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:18am On Nov 03, 2012
Mike Brown brought bad-luck to Lakers sad and please they seriously need to dump Mr. Nash back to wherever the ffuckk they got em from.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:24am On Nov 03, 2012
Show some respect to the legendary hall of famer.....as a Laker fans...lets not forget when nash use to give us the business in the playoffz when his suns use to dig all in kobe azzz

Blowing 3-1 leads N shittt

Nash Mvp Years were phenominal....yeah he is a little old in the tooth...but ill take an ancient steve nash over jeremy lin anyday.....

I honestly do not feel we are that strong this year....

I see a second round exit for LaLa this year
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:26am On Nov 03, 2012
Damn auto word
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:29am On Nov 03, 2012
REALITY101: Mike Brown brought bad-luck to Lakers sad and please they seriously need to dump Mr. Nash back to wherever the ffuckk they got em from.
So glad to have u around broo..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:29am On Nov 03, 2012
~Royal~:
Show some respect to the legendary hall of famer.....as a Laker fans...lets not forget when nash use to give us the business in the playoffz when his suns use to dig all in kobe azzz

Blowing 3-1 leads N shittt

Nash Mvp Years were phenominal....yeah he is a little old in the tooth...but ill take an ancient steve nash over jeremy lin anyday.....

I honestly do not feel we are that strong this year....

I see a second round exit for LaLa this year

And then they've got to dump his weak old ass in LA?

You ain't gonna like what I'm bout to say now so lemme just hug my bed to sleep. Oh how I hate Mike brown sad(((((
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:32am On Nov 03, 2012
Roland17:
So glad to have u around broo..

smiley hope you ain't slightly laughing @ (me)us. . . Anyways same here homie
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:56am On Nov 03, 2012
Noo buddie, my team sucks too...lol

If you take a good look at the current Lakers roaster, Kobe is the only potent ball shooter they got inside-out and if Mike brown thinks running a Princeton offense which takes the ball away from the PG owing to constant ball passing and rotation would fit the Lakers then he must be on another planet, also this is the worst Lakers bench i have seen in a very long while.

Like i earlier stated in previous posts, the Lakers need a better sub PG other than Steve Blake.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 7:09am On Nov 03, 2012
A good thing I slept after the first quarter. Annoying Lakers
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 03, 2012
Would not surprise me at all if Mike Brown does not make it through the entire season
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 8:11am On Nov 03, 2012
~Royal~:
Would not surprise me at all if Mike Brown does not make it through the entire season
Truth
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:26pm On Nov 03, 2012
Roland17: Noo buddie, my team sucks too...lol

If you take a good look at the current Lakers roaster, Kobe is the only potent ball shooter they got inside-out and if Mike brown thinks running a Princeton offense which takes the ball away from the PG owing to constant ball passing and rotation would fit the Lakers then he must be on another planet, also this is the worst Lakers bench i have seen in a very long while.

Like i earlier stated in previous posts, the Lakers need a better sub PG other than Steve Blake.
They had Ramon Sessions! Younger and much better than Steve Blake. Not suprised the Lakers lost to Lob City those guys would be a lot more dangerous this season with Billups healthy and if veterans like Odom,Grant Hill and Butler show up

James Harden!! Why didn't he play this well in the Finals you wonder

@Royal
Let's be honest Nash aint what he used to be let's see what happens when he returns from his injury
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 03, 2012
Yeah, he is no where near as great as he Use to Be.

I still got mad love and a soft spot of nash though.

He went up against a Prime Kobe, back when Kobe was dropping 81 on cats, and use to give the Lakers Hell

Even Kobe admitted Nash old Suns teams were his Most Personal Hated

And That's coming from a Guy who Lost to the Pistons and The Celtics in the Finals.

Nash still put up great numbers last 2 years though, Look at those percentages.

Fg%,Ft%3PT%....

He just has to get his legs back under him and back healthy....

The thing that worries me is...every time players leave phoenix(Best Med Staff in the league) they always start getting more frequently injured and hurt.

Suns Medical Staff performed miracles for Grant Hill,Amare and Shaq.... but soon as they Left they looked Old Again.

I suspect some behind the scenes Hgh Usage by the Staff and Medical Team.

The Suns Staff were just way too good at healing Players.

Lakers Second Round Exit this year.

It's all Love, I still Love my LaLa...but Kobe Won't tie Mike before his Career Ends.....sadly.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 03, 2012
someone needs to help kobe in that team. He's the only one putting big numbers and Howard is making matters worse with his foul troubles and free throws
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 7:18pm On Nov 03, 2012
joeydozzy: someone needs to help kobe in that team. He's the only one putting big numbers and Howard is making matters worse with his foul troubles and free throws
And what is with those turnovers?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 03, 2012
I wrote about how OverRated Howard has always been in the Other Nba Thread from earlier this year.

One of the Most OverRated players in the league. With that Being said, it was always echoed behind closed doors Bynum never got Along with Kobe.

(Clealy Bynum is Crazy)...

Head full of gray hair at 24...wtf. (He dyed it this off season).

This team as it is put together is flawed.

I still feel we could have made one more run with Odom, until that Horrible trade to dallas.

We needed another athletic wing against OKC.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (2199) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.