Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,845 members, 7,806,387 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (527) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1614868 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) ... (2198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 5:09am On May 26, 2017
birdman:
we are here again
we are here again
fath-er we are here again
lord we are here again cheesy

in spite of our numerous enemies...those that went to ijebu ode to do medicine(smooshchn, skywalker5), those posting incantations at midnight (a40,roland17) etc una see as e be? d hand of d lord (and king james) is against u oooo grin

Im going to enjoy this win - warriors are by far the better team, no question about it. Lets see if cavs can summon the heart to win a few games against this stacked team

I don't want to count my chickens yet o.My prayer is for KD to be healthy for this finals and Draymond should not lose his cool. I am scared cavs will do magamago like James did last year crying to Kiki.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:12am On May 26, 2017
birdman:

ppl gon close their eyes and ears to this. obviously Lebron is a more complete and efficient player
LeFlop played in a weaker conference and with two all stars in each title run.

He is still 3-4 in the Finals as well.

One of his teammates is a scoring champion and Finals MVP. The G.O.A.T never had such luxury

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:15am On May 26, 2017
lolawilliams:
Lebron took 4379 playoff shots attempts scoring 5995 points

MJ took 4497 playoff shot attempts scoring 5987 points

LBJ took 118 less shots and passed MJ in scoring

Haters would still bring up the ring talk to discredit him. Best player in the league right now, no doubt

Modern Era GOAT

First Lady,

Let me give you a different perspective when comparing both.

Jordan achieved 5,987 career playoff points after playing 179 post season games, 33 games fewer than Lebron played. As at today, Lebron has played 212 playoff games.

Jordan played in an era of the best of 3, then best of 5 series, in contrast to Lebron who has played the best of 7 seven series all his career.

Jordan took 2 sabbaticals away from the game, missing 56 potential post season games during his prime.

I am going to spare you the ring argument here.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:25am On May 26, 2017
Can imagine LeFlop having to deal with the Mid to late 80's Celtics and Pistons. An era where he would cry to refs and nobody would listen

In today's game that you can't hand check M.J would drop 60 every night. Especially if he hones his 3pter
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:39am On May 26, 2017
A40:

Haha the exact words wey I wan take start my post.

Nice try playing possum with the Warriors are the far better team spiel. Kolewerk

They are not the better team kan kan. Awa o ko yen je rara

Draymond ti ko je already. He said he gon destroy us lipsrsealed
Baba God save us tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:50am On May 26, 2017
birdman:

Draymond ti ko je already. He said he gon destroy us lipsrsealed Baba God save us tongue
Normal bants. Of course that Halloween shot wey una take still dey pain them
All I know be say that inferior team dodo we no chop am.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:00am On May 26, 2017
Lebrooooooon Jameeeeeeeeeees cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:06am On May 26, 2017
birdman:
we are here again
we are here again
fath-er we are here again
lord we are here again cheesy

in spite of our numerous enemies...those that went to ijebu ode to do medicine(smooshchn, skywalker5), those posting incantations at midnight (a40,roland17) etc una see as e be? d hand of d lord (and king james) is against u oooo grin

Im going to enjoy this win - warriors are by far the better team, no question about it. Lets see if cavs can summon the heart to win a few games against this stacked team
Kole work!! cheesy
We are not the better team oo.
I have fans predicting Cavs sweeping us. Makes me even wonder if We have a good center.. I hope we can manage to push Cavs to 7 games cheesy
It's not easy but we'll try.

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:07am On May 26, 2017
Come oo.. I didn't call anyone or Lola bandwagon oo abeg cheesy

I only challenged Cavs fans to be active when they lose by 1pt and also be here to praise Kyrie and LeBron when they win.. That's all.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:48am On May 26, 2017
C'mon guys, are we seriously getting into the James vs MJ conversation? Abeg abeg abeg let's stop it already.
Huge disrespect to MJ
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 10:54am On May 26, 2017
A40:

Haha the exact words wey I wan take start my post.

Nice try playing possum with the Warriors are the far better team spiel. Kolewerk

They are not the better team kan kan. Awa o ko yen je rara
who come good pass?
u don start

your smear campaign don start
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 11:03am On May 26, 2017
when na artest dey shoot for Kobe for 2010 game 7 nobody remember.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 26, 2017
LeBron has played 33 more playoffs game than Jordan and he is just now passing him and some of you still want to discredit Jordan. Chai
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 12:28pm On May 26, 2017
Roland17:

First Lady,

Let me give you a different perspective when comparing both.

Jordan achieved 5,987 career playoff points after playing 179 post season games, 33 games fewer than Lebron played. As at today, Lebron has played 212 playoff games.

Jordan played in an era of the best of 3, then best of 5 series, in contrast to Lebron who has played the best of 7 seven series all his career.

Jordan took 2 sabbaticals away from the game, missing 56 potential post season games during his prime.

I am going to spare you the ring argument here.

Okay, seems this argument will end in a cool manner, I don't mean James is better than Jordan with that playoffs point stats, reason why i said "modern era GOAT". it was an illustration that there is debate worth having in that aspect.

You said Jordan achieved 5,987 career playoff points after playing 179 post season games, 33 games fewer than Lebron played. As at today, Lebron has played 212 playoff games

My reasons it took LeBron 33 more games to get 5,987 points
-Lebron lead in playoffs assist in 2007,2013,2015 compared to Jordan who never had any but shot more, Bron was busy sharing the ball.
-Jordan shot more, 25.1 shots per playoffs games compared to LeBron's 20.5

If they attempted same numbers of shot and the same numbers of games. i hope you know Jordan would be a hair behind.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 26, 2017
Lol if LeBron scores the ball more, maybe he would have won more finals. By the way, you have the luxury to share the ball if you have Wade, bosh, love, and Kyrie. I will wait for the list Jordan had.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 1:05pm On May 26, 2017
Donlittle:
Lol if LeBron scores the ball more, maybe he would have won more finals. By the way, you have the luxury to share the ball if you have Wade, bosh, love, and Kyrie. I will wait for the list Jordan had.

Does it really matter who he had in his team?

People have assists with brick players on their team. If I remember correctly, Lebron and Curry once averaged 8.6 assists a game back then when their players weren't all star caliber.

I don't think sharing ball has plenty to do with the kind of players you have.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:08pm On May 26, 2017
Decale:

I don't think sharing ball has plenty to do with the kind of players you have.

Baba,

I would disagree with you on the embolden. Quality is a very important factor in stacking assist numbers because the most important person in the cycle of an assist is the finisher/ scorer.

That means, a good player can score a basket on a very bad pass, and give the passer an assist, in comparison to a bad finisher who may struggle to finish the cycle of scoring with a bad pass. See what i mean?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 3:39pm On May 26, 2017
Roland17:

Baba,

I would disagree with you on the embolden. Quality is a very important factor in stacking assist numbers because the most important person in the cycle of an assist is the finisher/ scorer.

That means, a good player can score a basket on a very bad pass, and give the passer an assist, in comparison to a bad finisher who may struggle to finish the cycle of scoring with a bad pass. See what i mean?

I understand your point.

But I didn't say high assist numbers had nothing to do with the quality of players. It doesn't contribute as much as you think.

A great passer will always find a way for his teammates to produce regardless of where he is. You can give multiple examples here

Another scenario is another passer whose assist numbers fall with stars in his lineup. This is where I tend to disagree with you. There is a whole more dribbling and isos come into play, the assist numbers start balancing out and usage rate drops. Most point guards tend to fall in here

Jordan was putting up triple doubles when his teammates were down, same with Kobe but they eventually got back to their style of play afterwards.

Lebron still puts up numbers with the same usage rate, different quality of players since his rookie season. Wall, Draymond, CP3, Rondo are good examples. That should be commended
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:49pm On May 26, 2017
lolawilliams:

Okay, seems this argument will end in a cool manner, I don't mean James is better than Jordan with that playoffs point stats, reason why i said "modern era GOAT". it was an illustration that there is debate worth having in that aspect.

You said Jordan achieved 5,987 career playoff points after playing 179 post season games, 33 games fewer than Lebron played. As at today, Lebron has played 212 playoff games

My reasons it took LeBron 33 more games to get 5,987 points
-Lebron lead in playoffs assist in 2007,2013,2015 compared to Jordan who never had any but shot more, Bron was busy sharing the ball.
-Jordan shot more, 25.1 shots per playoffs games compared to LeBron's 20.5

If they attempted same numbers of shot and the same numbers of games. i hope you know Jordan would be a hair behind.

I absolutely enjoy rare debates with you because they are respectful, and devoid of emotional tantrums, so yes, it would end in a cool manner as always.

I have to say in some ways, i am now entertaining the argument that Lebron may be the G.O.A.T in modern era in comparison to the "black mamba". His display over the past 2 seasons has elevated the intensity of that conversation in my books.

However, I disagree with your assertion about assists because Jordan's playoff's career APG (Assist per game) is 5.7, while Lebron's is 6.8, that is 1.1 assist more than Jordan. The difference in career assist is not particularly a gulf between both, thus, If Lebron did not make the 1 assist and it is converted to points in his playoff game history, he may achieve Jordan's record with lesser than 33 games.

During his championship seasons, Lebron played with the best. He has always assembled the best players for a championship run and that invariable increases his APG numbers. Quality of offensive players is an important dynamic in the cycle of scoring because good players turn bad passes into assists for the passer. Today he plays with 2 perennial all stars in Love and Kyrie, and potent perimeter scorers in Korver, D. Williams and others. This increases his chances of stacking up those assist numbers. Do i need to remind you of those he played with in Miami?

So you see, the 1.1 difference in playoff APG is not particularly a gulf if he dynamics of the team and era of both players are considered.

We always have to remember the dynamics of both era's are quite different. During Jordan's era Low post scoring, mid range jumpers, drive to the baskets, and pure PG passing were considered offense, the 3 point scoring was never prioritized thus Jordan and his peers did not bother improving that skill. In contrast to today's fast paced, transition basketball where 3 point shooting is the prioritized offense for the best teams in the NBA.

When Bron joined the NBA, he did not have the 3 point shooting, however, i credit him for developing that aspect of his game. It does not mean he is a clutch 3 point shooter or the best 3 point shooter in his team, it just means he evolved his game to suit the demands of the current league which ultimately provides him more leverage to score more buckets.

6 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:55pm On May 26, 2017
SIRcumalot:

who come good pass?
u don start

your smear campaign don start
Your teams are both at par. This idea that the Warriors are vastly superior na myth and urban legend. Its the oldest sports trick in the book. If the Warriors win its expected no biggie. If the Cavs win. Ahh Lebron is the G.O.A.T!! mbanu we no gree like Orubebe

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:14pm On May 26, 2017
M.J's 2nd best player was Pippen. Pippen was a 16ppg guy who barely shot 45% in the playoffs. Lebron on the other hand is playing with Bosh, Wade, Kyrie, Love. All 4 guys are more offensively polished than Pippen. So the assist figure can never tell the whole story

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:24pm On May 26, 2017
Jordan be like, "Don't talk to or about me, woman. Stay in your lane".

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 4:49pm On May 26, 2017
Eruditor:
Jordan be like, "Don't talk to or about me, woman. Stay in your lane".

lol...Lavar Ball was savage.....

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 26, 2017
Every star player Lebron has played with is a better offensive player than pippen. I don't even understand how this issue comes up.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:02pm On May 26, 2017
Donlittle:
Lebron fans need to google Jordan Rules and Bad Boy Pistons. Let's not even forget that the 3pt line was further to the basket and a guy like M.J was probably taking just 2 or 3 3pt attempts on a good day.

After Pippen and say Rodman (neither known for offense) you have B.J Armstrong, Horace Grant, Ron Harper, Luc Longley e.t.c
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 7:22pm On May 26, 2017
A40:

Your teams are both at par. This idea that the Warriors are vastly superior na myth and urban legend. Its the oldest sports trick in the book. If the Warriors win its expected no biggie. If the Cavs win. Ahh Lebron is the G.O.A.T!! mbanu we no gree like Orubebe
DJ Spinall cheesy
oya tell us how.

when the cavs win,bron won't still be the goat,no be my argument be that.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 7:33pm On May 26, 2017
A40:
M.J's 2nd best player was Pippen. Pippen was a 16ppg guy who barely shot 45% in the playoffs. Lebron on the other hand is playing with Bosh, Wade, Kyrie, Love. All 4 guys are more offensively polished than Pippen. So the assist figure can never tell the whole story

what is being left on said in this smoke screen of a comment is that:Pippen,was an alpha dog on a 50 win bulls team that lost to the Knicks in the 2nd round.
and is still one of the greatest perimeter defender of all time.
na only Wade close in terms of all time ranking.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 7:37pm On May 26, 2017
Donlittle:
Every star player Lebron has played with is a better offensive player than pippen. I don't even understand how this issue comes up.

Even in his first years at Cleveland? Or 2015 NBA finals?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 26, 2017
Decale:

Even in his first years at Cleveland? Or 2015 NBA finals?
fam i said star, or let me rephrase, superstar. I don't get you o. I am saying every star player lebron has played with is a better offensive player that pippen. Did he play with a perennial all star in his first years in cleveland? In 2015, did the NBA playoffs only included nba finals right away? or the conference games wasn't involved?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 26, 2017
bruh, i don't get it, we are talking about players having offensive prowess. I didn't know pippen is a better scorer than kevin love, kyrie, and wade. Thanks to y'all for letting me know though.
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 8:17pm On May 26, 2017
Wow!

It's funny how people think Pippen was the only great G on Michael's team. It might be interesting to remind you that Michael also had Rodman, one of the best rebounders of all time, and Steve Kerr who is the most accurate three point shooter in NBA history.

In all, I think it's a good thing that people are comparing LeBron, who is not a scorer,to Michael who was a 10x NBA Scoring champion. It shows LeBron is doing more than just shooting the basketball.

The scary part is just that LeBron isn't done yet!
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 8:35pm On May 26, 2017
SIRcumalot:

what is being left on said in this smoke screen of a comment is that:Pippen,was an alpha dog on a 50 win bulls team that lost to the Knicks in the 2nd round.
and is still one of the greatest perimeter defender of all time.
na only Wade close in times of all time ranking.

Spot on, Man! God bless you!

To add to the your fact, Pippen also led the Bulls team to the playoffs after Michael left and Mic didn't win until he came along. So,We can't even compare Pippen with Kyrie and Love who were not successful with their teams before the new Cavs team was set up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) ... (2198) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: aliondo and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.