Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,981 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (531) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1615450 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (2198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 28, 2017
Muna15:

I can see you've been watching the game since the 90s. grin

We were talking about his time with the Heat not his entire career.So, stop bringing up numbers that have nothing to do with the argument.

what are you on about? You compared ray to Kerr and I am telling you one is a franchise players for years. You said ray had his prime years with Celtics and I said no. Ray Allen career lowest is higher than Kerr highest. Let that sink in.
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 10:24pm On May 28, 2017
Donlittle:
what are you on about? You compared ray to Kerr and I am telling you one is a franchise players for years. You said ray had his prime years with Celtics and I said no. Ray Allen career lowest is higher than Kerr highest. Let that sink in.

And Ray's lowest was while he was with the Heat.

All I'm saying is that the Ray that LeBron had was like the Kerr that Michael had.

Period!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:08am On May 29, 2017
Donlittle:
grin grin bruh, curry Bleep up sha. Nna men, you no see wetin muna15 post? he compare kerr to ray allen
When person tag Steve Kerr as a great G you should know its time to take a hike

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:16am On May 29, 2017
Donlittle:
Jordan last year in 1992 - 1993, pippen average 18.6pts per game. The following year, he average 22 as the number 1 option, man only made 3 more points, how offensively polished are you? You had all jordan touches but could only make 3 more points. The following year he averaged 21 without jordan as the number one option on offense again, and when jordan came back he averaged 19.4. Sircumalot, how offensively polish does that sounds? Pippen shot .491%, .480%, .463%, .474% the year his scoring went up, which we both know those were his prime.

Where are you even getting this .50%. pippen average .50% twice in his career, 1990, and 1991
I no need add pass this one. Sircumalot is legit claiming Pippen shot 50% for 4 years straight. I'm in tears yo
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:09am On May 29, 2017
SIRcumalot:

You're not getting that answer. Make we dead am.

Aaargh!!
Gimmie another name outside the spurs sphere.

Pippen as regards to leading blazers,without possibly having the highest PPG.
Jordan name no near that post. more spinning?

91-95 Pippen averaged 20 PPG on 50 % shooting. Na him prime be this. During this period Jordan,a career 30pts scorer put up 34PPG on 52% shooting
you don't get more offensively polished than that

all the honours,dream team, 50 greatest player,Pippen dey there with jordan.

Jordan is the undisputed GoaT,
Jordan sabi do most things pass Bron,but this "offensive polish sidekick "na smoke....to me anyway.
Then this your idea of leading is quite abstract. I might as well also call Udonis Haslem a leader for the Heat that year.

Bros stop blowing this fallacy. Pippen was a perennial sub 50 shooter. His best even in the playoffs with fewer games was 50.4 in 1990.

Infact if I show you Pippen's numbers from 96 to 99 you go cry for am.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:36am On May 29, 2017
Donlittle:
Even after the screenshot that dude still talking Ray vs Kerr cheesy

Bruh!! No dey expose people like this. That name LeBron na alpha psychotic channel blocker cheesy dem never go agree. Bring out stats and they'll change the convo.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 6:49am On May 29, 2017
Donlittle:
Jordan last year in 1992 - 1993, pippen average 18.6pts per game. The following year, he average 22 as the number 1 option, man only made 3 more points, how offensively polished are you? You had all jordan touches but could only make 3 more points. The following year he averaged 21 without jordan as the number one option on offense again, and when jordan came back he averaged 19.4. Sircumalot, how offensively polish does that sounds? Pippen shot .491%, .480%, .463%, .474% the year his scoring went up, which we both know those were his prime.

Where are you even getting this .50%. pippen average .50% twice in his career, 1990, and 1991
all the numbers I used na from "the book of basketball"i no need spin to make my point.
would you rather he hogs the ball and they not make the playoffs or just get destroyed in the first round ?

I never get the answer to my question.

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 6:57am On May 29, 2017
A40:

Then this your idea of leading is quite abstract. I might as well also call Udonis Haslem a leader for the Heat that year.

Bros stop blowing this fallacy. Pippen was a perennial sub 50 shooter. His best even in the playoffs with fewer games was 50.4 in 1990.

Infact if I show you Pippen's numbers from 96 to 99 you go cry for am.
check the screenshot I post above,spinning no be my way.
so who come be the leader of the team abi an automatic starter,veteran winner with decent PPG and stellar defence no qualifier ?
I still dey try think who else be the SF wey go pass am for the 90's.

if you no fit tell me wetin other sidekicks dey average for that era then no story.
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 7:11am On May 29, 2017
SmooshCHN:

Bruh!! No dey expose people like this. That name LeBron na alpha psychotic channel blocker cheesy dem never go agree. Bring out stats and they'll change the convo.

Let me remind you that the argument was about the G.O.A.T not about Kerr and Ray

So, try to look at the stats table the guy posted to see Ray's numbers while he was with the Heat.

The point is that the Ray played in Miami towards the end of his career. So, it's unreasonable to bring up his 2006 stats in the argument.

I'm done but you're free to say whatever you want.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 7:14am On May 29, 2017
Mr deccale called me out for saying Klay na top 10 this year and I realise say that ranking too high and I agree with am. that is something I will never repeat outside again.
I have not been presented with a decent case only purposeful misinterpretation of my points and further deflection.

and please,no sneak attack,quote me,
the finals won't start for somedays

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:25am On May 29, 2017
Muna15:

Let me remind you that the argument was about the G.O.A.T not about Kerr and Ray

So, try to look at the stats table the guy posted to see Ray's numbers while he was with the Heat.

The point is that the Ray played in Miami towards the end of his career. So, it's unreasonable to bring up his 2006 stats in the argument.

I'm done but you're free to say whatever you want.

You brought up Kerr Man. If you didn't know Kerr was that poor a player and accepted we'll keep mute but you kept comparing Kerr with Ray (at some point) but we're saying, Kerr's value was never similar to Ray not on any point. He averaged career 6.0pts. If he didn't make that shot in Game 6, no one would ever remember he played. Same can't be said about Ray Allen.

The comparison threw everyone off.

OK forget the stats and rings and media. Just these guys.. Just for chit chat cheesy
You think Lebron would lock up Kobe?
You think Lebron would lock up Jordan?

I'm just asking

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:12am On May 29, 2017
SIRcumalot:

check the screenshot I post above,spinning no be my way.
so who come be the leader of the team abi an automatic starter,veteran winner with decent PPG and stellar defence no qualifier ?
I still dey try think who else be the SF wey go pass am for the 90's.

if you no fit tell me wetin other sidekicks dey average for that era then no story.

What screenshot?

What is really your argument? Are you talking about a leader in stats or just a respected member of the team? That is why I asked for clarity on your definition.

Who are the SG's better than D.Wade in the 2000's? How many of them win Finals MVP? Who be the last sidekick wey score 27ppg for NBA Finals?

Sidekicks yapa that were doing better than Pippen offensively. Off the top of my head. Clyde da Glide for the Rockets, Penny Hardaway.

Who the best SF was in that timestamp no be my concern.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:43am On May 29, 2017
In fact, let these guys rest abeg. Them dey enjoy their money cry
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:11am On May 29, 2017
SIRcumalot:
Mr deccale called me out for saying Klay na top 10 this year and I realise say that ranking too high and I agree with am. that is something I will never repeat outside again.
I have not been presented with a decent case only purposeful misinterpretation of my points and further deflection.

and please,no sneak attack,quote me,
the finals won't start for somedays
you haven't presented any case. I have you my last reason on why you can't call him offensively polished and you said he doesn't want to be a ball hog.

So averaging lets say 8 more points than usual means he is a ball hog after the best player on his team left?

Two things you have said that you shouldn't be saying outside.

Zaza being a rim protector.(I don't know why you are still posting the screenshot)
Pippen being offensively polished than Bosh, Wade, love, or kyrie.

I don't know where you got your stats from, but they lied. Pippen shot around or over .50% twice in his career not for four straight years, and never averaged 20 for four straight year. I don't know why you are getting your stats from but in the words of trump, Na fake news.

All I am asking you is if someone averaged 18.6 with Jordan, Jordan left, all Jordan touches came to you, how offensively polished are you if you could ass was 2.4 more points? Nex year it decreased to about 1.7? You are not offensively polished kan kan. .

Do you know what Russell is averaging with KD being gone? Your offensively polished guy could only add two more points after getting the touches of a god.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:17am On May 29, 2017
SmooshCHN:

grin and the guy even still get the guts to wan continue the argument. I'm not going to talk ball with you if you put jesus shuttleworth and Kerr in the same sentence as a ball player.

Na my mistake at first
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:40am On May 29, 2017
A40:

What screenshot?

What is really your argument? Are you talking about a leader in stats or just a respected member of the team? That is why I asked for clarity on your definition.

Who are the SG's better than D.Wade in the 2000's? How many of them win Finals MVP? Who be the last sidekick wey score 27ppg for NBA Finals?

Sidekicks yapa that were doing better than Pippen offensively. Off the top of my head. Clyde da Glide for the Rockets, Penny Hardaway.

Who the best SF was in that timestamp no be my concern.
latrell sprewell, Derrick Coleman, Joe dumars, Tim hardaway, rod Strickland, Kevin Johnson(played with Barkley), Chris mullon playing second fiddle or is third to Mitch Richmond, John Stockton?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 29, 2017
SIRcumalot:

all the numbers I used na from "the book of basketball"i no need spin to make my point.
would you rather he hogs the ball and they not make the playoffs or just get destroyed in the first round ?

I never get the answer to my question.
what is your question?
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 12:17pm On May 29, 2017
Decale, Abeg wetin your baba predict for this finals. A monk here predicted a result i can't even say grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:33pm On May 29, 2017
Donlittle:
latrell sprewell, Derrick Coleman, Joe dumars, Tim hardaway, rod Strickland, Kevin Johnson(played with Barkley), Chris mullon playing second fiddle or is third to Mitch Richmond, John Stockton?
Lool can't believe I forgot Kevin Johnson. Na even Dan Majerle I remember.

Dumars was also a certified Gee. Been assume say e significantly old pass Pippen na why I no put am or McHale.

Run TMC. Mullin was a star tho. Between him and Richmond its hard to pick the better one.

You suppose open clinic for these guys. How would someone boldly suggest there weren't other sidekicks averaging better than Pippen?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 29, 2017
lolawilliams:
Decale, Abeg wetin your baba predict for this finals. A monk here predicted a result i can't even say grin

Say it naa
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 29, 2017
A40:

Lool can't believe I forgot Kevin Johnson. Na even Dan Majerle I remember.

Dumars was also a certified Gee. Been assume say e significantly old pass Pippen na why I no put am or McHale.

Run TMC. Mullin was a star tho. Between him and Richmond its hard to pick the better one.

You suppose open clinic for these guys. How would someone boldly suggest there weren't other sidekicks averaging better than Pippen?
on that run tmc ish, I no know who I go pick as number one, but I choose mitch cause even Jordan said he had trouble guarding him. But mullin too though, if you are talking about pure shooter from every where, man could shoot, and sircumalot talking about someone shooting over 50 for years? Mullon, mullon did that with attention on him since he was known as a pure shooter.

He shot over 50% for his whole career.

McHale should be in the list, I think he played four years in the 90s. McHale no even be 2nd option self, no be 6th man he be? Man can murder anybody in the post. Where cumalot they get him own Tory for, I don talk am, he must yarn us. Cause he get as he be.

Kevin Johnson, do it all, no be beans to average 18 or 19 and 9 assists while you have Charles Barkley on the roster. Mind you, them still get other players o.

I no want mention Dan before, but since you mention him name, we go give am honourable mentions.

@A40 does Jeff hornaceck gets an honourable mention?
Who go man the clinic? grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 7:14pm On May 29, 2017
SmooshCHN:

OK forget the stats and rings and media. Just these guys.. Just for chit chat cheesy
You think Lebron would lock up Kobe?
You think Lebron would lock up Jordan?

I'm just asking

We've got Dallas, Celtics and GSW fans in here and you want me to pick LeBron ahead of those two. Then watch you guys drop epistles to make yourselves happy.

No! Not me!

You can look up some Kobe-LeBron games and decide for yourself.

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:28pm On May 29, 2017
Muna15:

We've got Dallas, Celtics and GSW fans in here and you want me to pick LeBron ahead of those two. Then watch you guys drop epistles to make yourselves happy.

No! Not me!

dis man ur head correct smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 8:43pm On May 29, 2017
A40 donlittle na him be this. Make una no vex na the real screen shot of the book be this.

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 9:07pm On May 29, 2017
I dey comeback I get network issue.

unfortunately,I get answer for every other name except for Penny.
so I gats agree with forking A40 And Donlittle.
I dey wrong.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:12am On May 30, 2017
Donlittle:
on that run tmc ish, I no know who I go pick as number one, but I choose mitch cause even Jordan said he had trouble guarding him. But mullin too though, if you are talking about pure shooter from every where, man could shoot, and sircumalot talking about someone shooting over 50 for years? Mullon, mullon did that with attention on him since he was known as a pure shooter.

He shot over 50% for his whole career.

McHale should be in the list, I think he played four years in the 90s. McHale no even be 2nd option self, no be 6th man he be? Man can murder anybody in the post. Where cumalot they get him own Tory for, I don talk am, he must yarn us. Cause he get as he be.

Kevin Johnson, do it all, no be beans to average 18 or 19 and 9 assists while you have Charles Barkley on the roster. Mind you, them still get other players o.

I no want mention Dan before, but since you mention him name, we go give am honourable mentions.

@A40 does Jeff hornaceck gets an honourable mention?
Who go man the clinic? grin
Unfortunately for Run TMC Don Nelson was their coach. And if you think D'Antoni no send or sabi coach defense then you have not met Don Nelson the oludasile of laissez faire defense.

McHale was a monster, Joe Dumars too. I no even mention James Worthy of the Lakers.

The idea that Jordan had the bestest ever sidekick na him we wan come here to rubbish. Even back in the day there were a lot of #2 guys doing better than Pippen.

Hornacek na even #3 option

Na you go man the clinic. Me na just consultant

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:15am On May 30, 2017
SIRcumalot:
I dey comeback I get network issue.

unfortunately,I get answer for every other name except for Penny.
so I gats agree with forking A40 And Donlittle.
I dey wrong.
You people thought M.J had one NBA Jam team that was faaar better than everybody else. At least you have seen the light now
Re: The NBA Begins by king406(m): 6:04am On May 30, 2017
Warriors in 5
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:09am On May 30, 2017
Muna15:

No! Not me!

You see you could only spurt out Kobe LeBron games? So you see, we don't need epistles to tell you not to put LeBron and Jordan in the same argument.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:53am On May 30, 2017
What you guys think?

Who's gonna defend on Durant? It looks like the Cavs got no one competent or free enough to do that. The only who can successfully defend on Durant is Lebron, but the risk of Foul trouble is too high. And Again, he will get exhausted and wont be able to do the scoring and some of the passing as usual.

Love can simply not defend on Durant. Tristan thompson could do, BUT he is the rim protector. He will therefore defend on Zaza and protect the rim. So all I see is...

Kevin Love, who is quite good offensively but defensively... lipsrsealed

The issue with GSW is the danger comes from all sides grin

lolawilliams what ya say?
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 1:53pm On May 30, 2017
LoJ:
What you guys think?

Who's gonna defend on Durant? It looks like the Cavs got no one competent or free enough to do that. The only who can successfully defend on Durant is Lebron, but the risk of Foul trouble is too high. And Again, he will get exhausted and wont be able to do the scoring and some of the passing as usual.

Love can simply not defend on Durant. Tristan thompson could do, BUT he is the rim protector. He will therefore defend on Zaza and protect the rim. So all I see is...

Kevin Love, who is quite good offensively but defensively... lipsrsealed

The issue with GSW is the danger comes from all sides grin

lolawilliams what ya say?

Sure danger comes from all side for both teams and its obvious the Warriors are more of a defensive team than the Cavs. I feel there would be a lot of trey from the Cavs in this finals

The Cavs are shooting more 3-PPG in the playoffs than the Warriors 33.6 for Cavs Nd 31.3 for Warriirs and they’re making a higher percentage .435 for Cavs .389 for Warriors. This would be useful cause of Green's ability to lockdown an offensive player cause his ability on the defensive end cant be overlooked. Klay and Curry are both good shooter but you know who has been good in this playoffs. Korver has struggled and is only around 41% behind Deron and Shump.

LeBron, Irving,KD and Curry are all unstoppable. As far as offensive basketball goes, they are as good as it gets but in this situation, the Cavs have more fire power

Love- Green- Any headway Love can make against Green would be huge for the Cavs.

LeBron-KD- I dont have a problem here.

Irving-Curry- Irving needs to outplay Curry. Irving must win this matchup for the Cavs to have a chance.

JR-klay- klay number in playoffs has gone down from 24.7 to 14.4 PPG. Though JR has also been bad in playoffs but thats cause Irving and Lebron have been mind blowing and also in the first two series, JR's job was to guard the opponent's top scorer. So this shouldnt be a problem also

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (2198) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.