Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,570 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (594) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1617256 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (2199) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:20am On Jun 20, 2017
SIRcumalot:

I won't trade love for any of these guys.
if we can manage a one year rental of George without giving up love,i go like that well-well.

True man.

Bron Kyrie PG Love and Tavares ( i wont add boogie cause its a reach and would be too unfair) is my dream team. 75 Wins and the Championship. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:22am On Jun 20, 2017
Ersan:

Laimbeer? your goats nightmare?

Vinnie johnson? who by the way was waved after 1991.

James edwards traded in 1991.

Salley left in 1992.

Rodman in 1993

Isaiah thomas was injured in 1991 when the bulls won, swept the pistons BTW.
I listed the core of the team who were still young. The core was intact! Bar Vinny and Laimbeer the rest were replaceable. You even listed Salley and Edwards. Lmao oh boy, Desperate times call for desperate measures. Why didn't the Bulls fall apart when Paxson, Armstrong and Horace Grant left. Since we are focusing on role players

The same Isiah Thomas that led the walkout? These were Isiah's minutes
Game 1 - 38
Game 2 - 27
Game 3 - 47
Game 4 - 39

Ersan:

Here we have the first instance of you contradicting your self.
Nope. When 3 or 4 of the best players are in a team are in their mid 30's anything out of them is a bonus. The Pistons core were not close to that. Try again

Ersan:

Only loss he could have avoided was Dallas.
Nyet, Nyet, Nehi, Nehi

Ersan:

I STRONGLY DISAGREE!!!
Facts are Sacrosanct. Your disagreement is just that. A disagreement

Ersan:

Lol! They were exceptions too. If jeffrey was the best player in the league at 35 they too were a force.
You would have to prove that mate. What were their numbers compared to the G.O.A.T? The G.O.A.T was in MVP discussion! Allen? Pierce? KG?

Ersan:

Nope, but his silence and inactivity has.
Comot for my circumference with that yeye welfare mentality. He owes y'all zilch. If he wasn't M.J no one would give a phuck about him

Ersan:

And bums like you that keep shouting 3-5. Dont transfer all the blame to someone. The first thing you did after warriors won was to call out cavs fans.
In response to the 3-1 jokes we had to endure by Lebtards like you all season long as if that series didn't start 0-0

4-1 >>> 3-1

Ersan:

Sharpe and wright dont have half the influence bayless the lebron hater has. So its actually the haters not the supporters to blame.
Irrelevant. Lebtards are the most obnoxious, loud and insufferable lot existing on the internet
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:31am On Jun 20, 2017
Ersan:

I remember him indirectly hinting he wanted to play for the cavs. Saying he wanted to play with kyrie, then korver of all people another cav and tried to give some bs explanation for that to cover his tracks.

Personally i dont think hes who we need, especially if PG is the alternative.
Add him if you must. PG obviously better
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:34am On Jun 20, 2017
A40:

I listed the core of the team who were still young. The core was intact! Bar Vinny and Laimbeer the rest were replaceable. You even listed Salley and Edwards. Lmao oh boy, Desperate times call for desperate measures. Why didn't the Bulls fall apart when Paxson, Armstrong and Horace Grant left. Since we are focusing on role players
Laimbeer and vinny. Losing two core players? Salley and edwards were part of the dynasty and left. They may not have been the core but their exit took a toll on them.

They had the best player in the league and pippen.

The same Isiah Thomas that led the walkout? These were Isiah's minutes
Game 1 - 38
Game 2 - 27
Game 3 - 47
Game 4 - 39
Have a quote from a 1991 article that sums up the isiah thomas and bad boys your flat track bully faced.

Somewhere in the painfully sore right wrist of guard Isiah Thomas are a pair of floating ligaments that have dared become detached from their rightful resting place, thus explaining why Thomas' shooting of late would qualify him for membership in the NBA Bricklayers' Union. grin

Not that this is at all humorous, unless you are an NBA player and you take your mail in Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia or Milwaukee.

Nope. When 3 or 4 of the best players are in a team are in their mid 30's anything out of them is a bonus. The Pistons core were not close to that. Try again

Who exactly do you think were the core of the bad boys era?

Nyet, Nyet, Nehi, Nehi
vig parisba ruskiya? yanyi uchin harashaw varu pa ruski, vig parisba engliskiya?

Facts are Sacrosanct. Your disagreement is just that. A disagreement
Spurs?

You would have to prove that mate. What were their numbers compared to the G.O.A.T? The G.O.A.T was in MVP discussion! Allen? Pierce? KG?
Were they ever in his league? were they ever lock in for MVP convo yearly?

Comot for my circumference with that yeye welfare mentality. He owes y'all zilch. If he wasn't M.J no one would give a phuck about him
I'm going, i'm going... UNCLE TOM!

And BTW, welfare is not what i was talking about.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:36am On Jun 20, 2017
A40:

Add him if you must. PG obviously better

By a mile or two. Not saying butler isnt very good too.

And people say he looks like MJ, i dont see it.

Maybe its cause he isnt bald. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:50am On Jun 20, 2017
Ersan:

By a mile or two. Not saying butler isnt very good too.

And people say he looks like MJ, i dont see it.

Maybe its cause he isnt bald. grin
Can Butler play off the ball? That is the question. If you lose Love the floor spacing would be problematic
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:53am On Jun 20, 2017
Ersan:

Lol! They had the reach and the build. Jordan is just not strong enough. Stop it with this funny argument about jordan guarding centers.
The build? The Worm had the reach not the build, Ben Wallace the build not the reach. At each turn they gave away at least 50 pounds. Mind over matter

M.J is a SG. That's not his brief

Ersan:

Lol! He will still have that brain. He will still have his passes. Lebron without his athleticism is still magic johnson.
As a passer perhaps. On defense? You're dreaming

Ersan:
You misunderstand me. Jordan stopped, he didn't guarding.
He could guard if need be. However its not smart to put your best scorer and SG on a Center. My point is made

Ersan:

So did magic. So did wilt, so did hakeem, so did shaq. Are they all goats?
Magic was the best till the G.O.A.T came sorta like John the Baptist

Ersan:
West was NOT his size. He was taller and stronger, Why waste your energy guarding west any way?

I thought he could guard anybody? Lmao West was 34, is only 1 inch taller. They weigh the exact same thing. Try another excuse

Ersan:

There is no player in the NBA he cant effectively guard if he wishes too. Except you know the players you just cant guard.
LeBald can't guard anybody he can't bully. He is a rubbish one on one defender. Help D and weakside blocks is where he excels
Ersan:

Lol! BTW, Bron wasnt even guarding terry. Terry just loves to talk shieet! Heck he wasnt even a starter. And lebron was having a bad series then period. He choked, never denied that.
Who was he guarding? Dirk? Shawn Marion? JET played starter minutes
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 12:56am On Jun 20, 2017
Cavs GM don Waka comotshocked
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:24am On Jun 20, 2017
Ersan:

Laimbeer and vinny. Losing two core players? Salley and edwards were part of the dynasty and left. They may not have been the core but their exit took a toll on them.
Grant and Armstrong also left the Bulls. They didn't fade to irrelevance

The Pistons didn't just step down. They were overthrown. Don't paint it like they left while they were ahead
Ersan:
They had the best player in the league and pippen.

Pistons had Isiah, Dumars, Aguirre. Enough to build around.

Ersan:

Have a quote from a 1991 article that sums up the isiah thomas and bad boys your flat track bully faced.

Somewhere in the painfully sore right wrist of guard Isiah Thomas are a pair of floating ligaments that have dared become detached from their rightful resting place, thus explaining why Thomas' shooting of late would qualify him for membership in the NBA Bricklayers' Union. grin

Not that this is at all humorous, unless you are an NBA player and you take your mail in Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia or Milwaukee.
Can't be bothered about some article when Isiah's minutes tell another story

Ersan:

Who exactly do you think were the core of the bad boys era?
Everybody knows Laimbeer, Rodman, Mahorn were the lynchpins. However they still leaned heavily on Dumars, Isiah and Aguirre for buckets. All that badness is useless if you can't score buckets

Ersan:

Spurs?
Of course. I'd throw in the Warriors too

Ersan:

Were they ever in his league? were they ever lock in for MVP convo yearly?
Exactly. He beat a bunch of OAPs with two All stars in their prime. That was his competition

Ersan:
I'm going, i'm going... UNCLE TOM!

And BTW, welfare is not what i was talking about.

Chuck already told y'all I'm not a role model. Stop relying on the next man to swing for you.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:28am On Jun 20, 2017
A40:

Can Butler play off the ball? That is the question. If you lose Love the floor spacing would be problematic

love for butler?

No way Jose canseco!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:57am On Jun 20, 2017
Gilbert let Griffin go?

How am I just seeing this now?
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 7:22am On Jun 20, 2017
Griffin is the fall out guy I guess. PG is definitely joining the Cavs.
I can't wait for next finals. Cavs definitely is playing the finals but not certain warriors will be there. I hope Spurs make a move.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 20, 2017
Manutd19:
I can't wait for next finals. Cavs definitely is playing the finals but not certain warriors will be there. I hope Spurs make a move.

True, man. My thoughts exactly. I keep telling people i dont necessarily see the dubs in next years finals.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 20, 2017
Wise words from the serpent, kevin of Durant.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 20, 2017
Lebron does not seem happy at all.

Cavs fans are worried and i'm here thinking, "where are we going next, king?".
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 20, 2017
A40:

Grant and Armstrong also left the Bulls. They didn't fade to irrelevance

The Pistons didn't just step down. They were overthrown. Don't paint it like they left while they were ahead

Pistons had Isiah, Dumars, Aguirre. Enough to build around.
Nope. Without laimbeer and vinny and isaah their star player playing like a bum they didnt stand a chance. The team wasn't the same face it. Their record proves it. The year after they werent even the second best team.

Can't be bothered about some article when Isiah's minutes tell another story
Of course he still played regardless of how he played he was their star player but he went from averaging 20 in playoffs to 13. Every shooting stat of his fell.

Everybody knows Laimbeer, Rodman, Mahorn were the lynchpins. However they still leaned heavily on Dumars, Isiah and Aguirre for buckets. All that badness is useless if you can't score buckets
Laimbeer and mahorn aged. Isiah as we know was still suffering the effects of his injury. Isaiah was also pretty bad on his own.

Of course. I'd throw in the Warriors too
So i was right, he didnt have the best squad in the league.

Exactly. He beat a bunch of OAPs with two All stars in their prime. That was his competition
garnett, paul pierce and ray allen. The original big 3. A bunch of OAPS with two all stars in their prime grin

KG alone had 15 and was still an all star in 2011 and even 2013. This is who youre calling an OAP.

Pierce 10 total, still an all star in 2011.

Allen, 10 total, still an all star in 2011.

Chuck already told y'all I'm not a role model. Stop relying on the next man to swing for you.
Lol! Sir charles. Even he is doing more than the bald gambler now. That age old saying about an old fool comes to mind.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 20, 2017
A40:

As a passer perhaps. On defense? You're dreaming

Lmao! Magic was not exactly known for his defense was he? Point is lebron is smart, he will never be a liability.

He could guard if need be. However its not smart to put your best scorer and SG on a Center. My point is made
Its not smart putting 6'6 skinny as- jeffery on 7 footers.

Magic was the best till the G.O.A.T came sorta like John the Baptist

Best in the league, not GOAT. That was/is kareem.

I thought he could guard anybody? Lmao West was 34, is only 1 inch taller. They weigh the exact same thing. Try another excuse
Nope,

http://heatzone.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2014/05/19/lebron-james-calls-indianas-david-west-as-strong-as-zeus/

Not advisable to tire yourself on david west and fail to perform on the O.

LeBald can't guard anybody he can't bully. He is a rubbish one on one defender. Help D and weakside blocks is where he excels
Ask gasol how useless he is. One V one isnt his style but the best handlers or big men cant simply seem to get the better of him when he picks them.

Who was he guarding? Dirk? Shawn Marion? JET played starter minutes
It was a bad series for lebron period.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:49am On Jun 20, 2017
Manutd19:
So all those moral shît was just mouth?? All those "he took the easy way out" was just mouth??

I thought y'all was serious about your values grin
Jokes on you when you still lose cos you didn't really fix your ISO ball and Defense issue.. Oh!! Your bench would need fixing too.

All the best.
The West is proudly a battle ground unlike the East and Warriors would come out prevailing.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 20, 2017
That stu pid robot hid my post and banned me again. WTF?
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 9:42am On Jun 20, 2017
Manutd19:
I can't wait for next finals. Cavs definitely is playing the finals but not certain warriors[\b]will be there. [b] I hope Spurs make a move.
I don't think it has anything to do with Griffin being the fall guy.
the owner Is just tired of paying money.
I imagine Griffin price has gone up since he crafted a championship roster.
he should have signed an extension immediately after the ship.

for those that crack "LeGM" jokes where una dey I no say the next thing na to say Griffin suppose join "klutch sport"

that part made me laugh.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 9:58am On Jun 20, 2017
Ersan:
Lebron does not seem happy at all.

Cavs fans are worried and i'm here thinking, "where are we going next, king?".
he has to try and beat this warriors team with Cleveland for the next three years at least before talk of changing teams,i just think say it won't be cool at all.
it won't be easy recruiting for that bench, the warriors control the ring chasing market.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 10:41am On Jun 20, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Utah Jazz, Clippers, Rockets, Warriors, Spurs. You didn't win the regular season match up with these guys except tied with Warriors. (Miss me with that "It's just a regular season game) And there's no way you're making it top 5 in the West with that defense. Once again, 1st round, 2 round if you manage to make it past Rockets/Clippers in 7 cheesy

Don't mislead us. Jazz, Rockets and Warriors were tied. Spurs and Clipper were the teams who defeated the Cavs. The second game against clippers was played without Bron, Irving and Love. First game against Spurs was an OT win 118-115 Kawhi was just too hot

You know why we keep saying its a regular season game? Your overrated jazz in your West couldnt beat Celtics, Rockets couldnt beat Hawks, Clippers couldnt beat Pacers.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:54am On Jun 20, 2017
lolawilliams:

Don't mislead us. Jazz, Rockets and Warriors were tied. Spurs and Clipper were the teams who defeated the Cavs. The second game against clippers was played without Bron, Irving and Love. First game against Spurs was an OT win 118-115 Kawhi was just too hot

You know why we keep saying its a regular season game? Your overrated jazz in your West couldnt beat Celtics, Rockets couldnt beat Hawks, Clippers couldnt beat Pacers.
This one would beat this and that.. It's OK if you think y'all would be top 4 in the West. Opinions are allowed but that 2nd round is sure. cheesy

Anyways, I hope y'all get Paul George/Melo just to beat the Warriors. For real y'all don't even care about them Celtics and Wizards, Raptors, etc. Shows how tough the East is. But on a flip side, I'll be scared of Lue is sacked for a better coach, y'all play less ISOs and start play defense. I hope that doesn't happen grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 10:58am On Jun 20, 2017
SmooshCHN:
This one would beat this and that.. It's OK if you think y'all would be top 4 in the West. Opinions are allowed but that 2nd round is sure. cheesy

Anyways, I hope y'all get Paul George/Melo just to beat the Warriors. For real y'all don't even care about them Celtics and Wizards, Raptors, etc. Shows how tough the East is. But on a flip side, I'll be scared of Lue is sacked for a better coach, y'all play less ISOs and start play defense. I hope that doesn't happen grin

D Blatt was teaching them defense and ball movement and the Queen had him fired for his errand boy Lue. Don't hold your breath about Lue getting fired.

I know they think ISO ball can win a ring because of 2016 but they forget all the malfeasance that the NBA purposely deployed to help them get it. I don't break a sweat about such things now because ultimately it gave us a weapon in KD; so hard to cheat or deprive of fouls.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 10:59am On Jun 20, 2017
Manutd19:

I am here for posts like this, so I can laugh again come June 2018. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:03am On Jun 20, 2017
SIRcumalot:

I don't think it has anything to do with Griffin being the fall guy.
the owner Is just tired of paying money.
I imagine Griffin price has gone up since he crafted a championship roster.
he should have signed an extension immediately after the ship.

for those that crack "LeGM" jokes where una dey I no say the next thing na to say Griffin suppose join "klutch sport"

that part made me laugh.

They are disassembling that team but it would begin in spurts. That is what is happening.

The other noise by raving neophytes on this thread is just noise. I wonder why you are sitting idly and not telling them how trades work. Why should Pacers donate PG13 for Love and Iman? Are they trying to help Cavs or how does that trade benefit them?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 20, 2017
Eruditor:

They are disassembling that team but it would begin in spurts. That is what is happening.

The other noise by raving neophytes on this thread is just noise. I wonder why you are sitting idly and not telling them how trades work. Why should Pacers donate PG13 for Love and Iman? Are they trying to help Cavs or how does that trade benefit them?

Trade him or let him leave as a free agent. Which do you think they'd prefer genius?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:15am On Jun 20, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

Trade him or let him leave as a free agent. Which do you think they'd prefer genius?

Read. Me. Slowly.

They can do whatever they want with their player but it does not have to be with the Cavs as you guys have nothing substantial to offer them.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 11:22am On Jun 20, 2017
Eruditor:

that trade helps the Pacers immensely.
a one year PG rental for K.love still under contract for maybe 3 to 4 years even without the shumpan.
no GM go gree that kind deal

why would the cavs be dismantling this team?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 20, 2017
Eruditor:

Read. Me. Slowly.

They can do whatever they want with their player but it does not have to be with the Cavs as you guys have nothing substantial to offer them.

Not that I'm in support of it but Love + Shumpert for a leaving free agent as a rental isn't substantial?

I don't even know why I respond to this clown.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:34am On Jun 20, 2017
SIRcumalot:

that trade helps the Pacers immensely.
a one year PG rental for K.love still under contract for maybe 3 to 4 years even without the shumpan.
no GM go gree that kind deal

why would the cavs be dismantling this team?

Tax and I am sure it caused the disagreement between Griffin and Dan Gilbert. GMs think of Ws and rings, but owners see $$$.

Gilbert just spent millions on luxury to appease Lebron following last year's ring. He is not going to do it again to appease anyone.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 11:44am On Jun 20, 2017
Eruditor:

Tax and I am sure it caused the disagreement between Griffin and Dan Gilbert. GMs think of Ws and rings, but owners see $$$.

Gilbert just spent millions on luxury to appease Lebron following last year's ring. He is not going to do it again to appease anyone.
my guess is griffin salary demand is the reason.
GM jobs aren't easy to get,even harder to get a team with a chance at the trophy to manage.
gilbert agreed to spend Millions that was part of what was agreed upon to bring bron back.we shed some guys and tool up again.

all these will be your headache soon
maybe it is just me,but iggy has to choose money at this point in his career.

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (2199) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: etidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.