Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1615060 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (2198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by ektbear: 7:45pm On Nov 03, 2012
Dwight isn't overrated. Underrated if anything. It will take him time to adjust man, he just had back surgery this offseason.

Give it time...you Lakers fans are too damn fickle

Don't you remember how the heat struggled for their first 20 games during 2010-2011?
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 7:51pm On Nov 03, 2012
A-40:
That block was a grown man move mehn! Makes you want to agree with the Tim Duncan is the greatest Power Forward of all time argument (not like I agree totally Malone didn't have guys like Bowen,Robinson,Ginobili and Parker) you gotta respect Duncan for schooling these youngins! Blake Griffin and now Durant

Early days tho you guys should take it easy with the predictions

Here is some humor for y'all

Oh pls Duncan pisses all over Choke artist Malone everyday of the week.

Timmy is undoubtedly the greatest PF of all time.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 03, 2012
Co-Sign 100%
Duncan>Malone.

TBT Duncan Helped send him into Retirement. lol

Duncan Use to give Malone the Bizz, Granted Karl was an Old Man, at the Time.

At 6'11" (Td) Karl would not have been able to defend him in his prime either though.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 03, 2012
Awww Man Fam over here with the chiseled up shoulder is in here clowning.....

I personally never liked Dwight, I think part of Dwight's Hype stems from the Nba desire to stubbornly not admit there are no true centers anymore

Dwight Offensively is Flat out Garbage.....I wrote this Before we ever got him.

Short Arms as Well, So when his Vertical Leaves him...his old man years are going to be tough with..No shooting Ability no Length,No Free Throws and No Moves.

I tell you what, You youngins are going to laugh...

But ill take a Prime Ben Wallace over Dwight Any Day. If starting my Own team and only had the choice of those 2 at the 5.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 8:17pm On Nov 03, 2012
~Royal~:
Co-Sign 100%
Duncan>Malone.

TBT Duncan Helped send him into Retirement. lol

Duncan Use to give Malone the Bizz, Granted Karl was an Old Man, at the Time.

At 6'11" (Td) Karl would not have been able to defend him in his prime either though.

Tbh Karl Malone was pretty much unguardable in his prime.

Dude's physique was unreal and insane. It wasn't all strength though, His jump shot was amongst the best in the league
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 8:23pm On Nov 03, 2012
~Royal~:

I personally never liked Dwight, I think part of Dwight's Hype stems from the Nba desire to stubbornly not admit there are no true centers anymore

Short Arms as Well, So when his Vertical Leaves him...his old man years are going to be tough with..No shooting Ability no Length,No Free Throws and No Moves.

I tell you what, You youngins are going to laugh...

But ill take a Prime Ben Wallace over Dwight Any Day. If starting my Own team and only had the choice of those 2 at the 5.

That's no secret. He has no offensive skill whatsoever. Most players can always fall back on a "Go to move" when nothing is working, Dwight can't

Thought training with the both Dream and Ewing would have helped him a little bit but alas No.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 03, 2012
Name a 6'11 Power Forward with the Mobility and on ball Defender of Tim Duncan he ever had to score against though.

Also Tim would have worked him over on the other End.

The best Pf's Karl ever went against were Barkley and Mchale.

Neither who the defensive presence of TD now could they present that type of size and mobility

People forget when going back into history the players were so much smaller and less athletic...Like how jordan had short statue bums like craig elo and John Starks Guarding him

Jordan at 6'6" was Considered Huge for a SG AT THAT time....

Karl's Muscles are nothing compared to Duncans era....

If you need proof...look at a side by side still shot of corey magette and karl malone

Corey was a 2 guard....average player...Built with that type of physique.

The Game Evolves, so does size and physicality. I take Td over any pf Ever.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 03, 2012
There were a wide ranging assortment of "Bums" who played pf during duncans era with that same body as Malone.

However during Malone's era...nobody had a Body or Athleticism ever comparable to Duncan at the 4 During the 80s.

With the exception of Olajuwon but he moved to the 5 in the 90s
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 03, 2012
Mynd_44:
And what is with those turnovers?

ikr, I hardly see them passing the playoff semis. knicks and rockets are already impressing me
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 10:07pm On Nov 03, 2012
joeydozzy:

ikr, I hardly see them passing the playoff semis. knicks and rockets are already impressing me
I swear unless they pick up, it bye bye

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by ektbear: 1:47am On Nov 04, 2012
Duncan is the best PF. Karl Malone is top 5. But dude only made the finals once, right? That is very weak.
Re: The NBA Begins by ektbear: 1:49am On Nov 04, 2012
~Royal~:

Short Arms as Well,

Dwight's wingspan is massive. 7'4+: http://www.draftexpress.com/article/A-Historical-Look-at-the-NBA-Pre-Draft-Measurements-2912/

You are crazy. Dwight's defense = prime Ben Wallace's. But Dwight is a better rebounder and is a 20 point per game scorer..
Re: The NBA Begins by ektbear: 3:07am On Nov 04, 2012
Jesus Shuttlesworth strikes again
Re: The NBA Begins by ektbear: 3:17am On Nov 04, 2012
my boy Bosh went HAM too
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:33am On Nov 04, 2012
Hey guys can we compare apples to apples and not apples to oranges, Tim Duncan is a Power Forward(Although he can also play center) while Dwight is a Center, as for my ranking for the PF position, i would go for the following anyday.

Moses Eugene Malone ( Philly)

Tim Duncan (Spurs)

Kevin Garnett ( Timberwolves and 1st season with the Celtics)

Karl Malone
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:09am On Nov 04, 2012
ekt_bear:

Dwight's wingspan is massive. 7'4+: http://www.draftexpress.com/article/A-Historical-Look-at-the-NBA-Pre-Draft-Measurements-2912/

You are crazy. Dwight's defense = prime Ben Wallace's. But Dwight is a better rebounder and is a 20 point per game scorer..

Ight let me break this down for my Nigerian Homie....

7'4" wing span is not massive..its above Average...but "average" for a Black Man.

Check out Desagana Diop and Shaqs Wing Spans Diop i believe may even be the same height as Howard Listed Barefoot.

Both 7'7" wing spans.

(from what i recall) Check the link to confirm.

Now also remember ....Wingspan is not a measure of solely arm Length. Wingspan Measures Back Width as Well

SO a man with average sized arms can appear to have a larger wingspan if he works out on his back muscles(Pull Ups Ect.) They expand.

His WingSpan only exceeds 5 inches pass his gorilla index. (Proper Proportion is 1:1)

Extremely large wingspans are guys like Rajon Rondo...and Many Senegalese and Sudanese guys that come over here to play ball

Guys with noticeably much smaller frames (Back Width) so the true arm length discrepancy is even greater for those guys when compared to guys with massive back spans like Howard..Ben Wallace ect.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?year=All&sort2=DESC&draft=&pos=&source=All&sort=5

^See the Largest Wingspans..... Now check for Howard

You have guys 6'8" With much longer wingspans than Howard, And that's even with his Huge Back Muscles.

I grew up my whole life in the Boxing/MMa World. They measure our arms from finger tip to armpit...where as wingspan is measured from middle finger to middler fonger across the back.

My Wingspan was always equal to my Height. (Proper Proportion)

If your Wingspan keeps exceeding your height...by each inch that tells you how enormous your wingspan is.

The fact that there are so many Guys who are 6'8" and have longer wingspans than a 6'9"(bf) and 6'10" (shoes) howard says a lot.

The brother got short arms...Kevin Willis.

Look at all the Brothers Ahead of Dwight on this List.....Even White Guys like Darko.

White men often have 1:1 ratios

Asian Men tend to be slightly Under 1:1

Black Men have the Longest reach (usually)....Because of Adaptation to the warm tropical climates, So nature gives blacks Longer Limbs.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?year=All&sort2=DESC&draft=&pos=&source=All&sort=5

^---Nah im cool on this short armed dude, Hopefully the Lakers won't resign him long Term.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:11am On Nov 04, 2012
ekt_bear: Duncan is the best PF. Karl Malone is top 5. But dude only made the finals once, right? That is very weak.

Nah, Malone made it Twice...Went up against Jordan Back to Back Years in the Finals and Lost 97 and 98...Mj's last 2 rings

Karl is #2 on the Top Pf List. (Imo)
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 04, 2012
I'm rooting for the Lakers. Come on Lakers!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 7:51am On Nov 04, 2012
CFCfan: I'm rooting for the Lakers. Come on Lakers!!
You need to root more dude. I can believe I stayed up for their game
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:28am On Nov 04, 2012
~Royal~:
Yeah, he is no where near as great as he Use to Be.

I still got mad love and a soft spot of nash though.

He went up against a Prime Kobe, back when Kobe was dropping 81 on cats, and use to give the Lakers Hell

Even Kobe admitted Nash old Suns teams were his Most Personal Hated
Really that wasn't on Nash. That Laker team was shyte!! Their starting V where
Smush Parker
Kobe
Lamar Odom
Brian Cook
Chris Mihm/Kwame Brown

While Nash was the star man they had defensive beasts like Raja Bell,Boris Diaw and shooters like Leandro Barbosa and Tim Thomas

~Royal~:

And That's coming from a Guy who Lost to the Pistons and The Celtics in the Finals.

Nash still put up great numbers last 2 years though, Look at those percentages.

Fg%,Ft%3PT%....

He just has to get his legs back under him and back healthy....

The thing that worries me is...every time players leave phoenix(Best Med Staff in the league) they always start getting more frequently injured and hurt.

Suns Medical Staff performed miracles for Grant Hill,Amare and Shaq.... but soon as they Left they looked Old Again.
Lol getting his legs under him may be easier said than done tho. Now he has to go toe to toe against guys almost half his age on the defensive end

Westbrook,Paul,Collison,Parker these guys would give him a hard time

~Royal~:

Lakers Second Round Exit this year.

It's all Love, I still Love my LaLa...but Kobe Won't tie Mike before his Career Ends.....sadly.
I got love for Kobe also don't want him to tie MJ but he could if guys like Gasol,MWP and Dwight start contributing
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:48am On Nov 04, 2012
chic2pimp:

Oh pls Duncan pisses all over Choke artist Malone everyday of the week.

Timmy is undoubtedly the greatest PF of all time.
Lol I wasn't refering to Karl Malone actually I was referring to Moses Malone but I also think Karl is in the discussion, I won't say Tim Duncan is undoubtedly the greatest PF of all time not when all Karl Malone had was John Stockton lol abi Greg Ostertag na player?
You guys need to understand that as good as Timmy was he had a lot of help
The Admiral (David Robinson) (albeit not in his prime tho not washed up) Tony Parker,Manu Ginobili and defensive beasts like Bruce Bowen
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 04, 2012
You say, that wasn't on Nash, and The Lakers team was Just Bad...

Yet they had a 3-1 series lead against the suns in one series ...and still lost in 7 Games

In My Opinion one of Kobe's really immature small moments in Nba History.

If we were good enough to take a 3-1 lead...then we were good enough to win.

...lol why you don't want Kobe to Tie Mj?...

Even if he did...i still wouldn't consider him as Great or Greater than MJ anyway....and that's coming from a Laker Die-Hard

Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 6:09am On Nov 05, 2012
Well the lakers won. Fairly nice game I would say but kobe with 15 points ain't something I am comfortable with.

OKC lost (as if I care). And I am just loving the Knicks right now
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:09am On Nov 05, 2012
Smiling to bed smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 6:17am On Nov 05, 2012
REALITY101: Smiling to bed smiley
You deserve it
Re: The NBA Begins by r231(m): 8:31am On Nov 05, 2012
Finally

After Kobe told us to shut up undecided undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 8:46am On Nov 05, 2012
r231: Finally

After Kobe told us to shut up undecided undecided
15 points ain't really shut up and one game does not make me shut up either. Lets see how they do in subsequent games
Re: The NBA Begins by r231(m): 9:01am On Nov 05, 2012
Mynd_44:
15 points ain't really shut up and one game does not make me shut up either. Lets see how they do in subsequent games

off nite for kobe grin grin

at least Metta showed up for once but them they played Pistons so sure win really
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 9:02am On Nov 05, 2012
r231:

off nite for kobe grin grin

at least Metta showed up for once but them they played Pistons so sure win really
Lets watch them and see
Re: The NBA Begins by ektbear: 10:46am On Nov 05, 2012
Such a gorgeous move:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8ttLxXT9QU

I do this myself quite a bit, but from right to left rather than left to right.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:34pm On Nov 05, 2012
~Royal~:
You say, that wasn't on Nash, and The Lakers team was Just Bad...

Yet they had a 3-1 series lead against the suns in one series ...and still lost in 7 Games

In My Opinion one of Kobe's really immature small moments in Nba History.
I'd be immature if I had to play with those bums night in night out! That team was shyte!!!!! Devean George,Chris Mihm,Brian Cook,Smush Parker,Kwame Brown?? Most of these niggas aren't even in the league anymore
Its a miracle that in the Western Conference that Lakers team was even able to make the playoffs and a testament to just how good Kobe is

~Royal~:

If we were good enough to take a 3-1 lead...then we were good enough to win.

...lol why you don't want Kobe to Tie Mj?...

Even if he did...i still wouldn't consider him as Great or Greater than MJ anyway....and that's coming from a Laker Die-Hard

One man can only do so much! You know you are screwed when your 2nd best player is Lamar Odom.
Its just sentimental really. Kobe is good with 5 IMO!

Lol Rondo a fool tho

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:20pm On Nov 08, 2012
The Lakers stay losing grin grin see who i predicted could go all the way sha! Smh! 11 assists in a game. Maybe they ought to fire this Mike Brown dude without an offensive bone in his body

Ma Mavs are 4-1 (easy schedule i know) but without Nowitzki,Kaman (just returned) and now Brand and Marion you got to respect Rick Carlisle's coaching and O.J Mayo of course

Saw the highlights of the Heat victimizing the Nets it was sad to watch

Danny Granger out for three months! Not a good look! Here's a team i thought could challenge the Heat to an extent in the East

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (2198) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.