Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (618) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1611401 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (2192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 05, 2017
Will James harden ever win MVP after getting SNUBBED TWICe smh undecided

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:45pm On Sep 05, 2017
Roland17:

I am not even to miffed by the numbers but the mere fact that "LEBRON IS NOT THE GO TO GUY WHEN THE GAME IS ON THE LINE". We have continued to witness Uncle Drew take over games for the Cavs because he has the heart to dare those shots. Last night was not the first time i watched Lebron shy away from the responsibility of stepping up, somehow, the ball moves to Kyrie.

This is why is not anywhere close to MJ in my books.

@SIRcumalot, this was in May.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:46pm On Sep 05, 2017
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:47pm On Sep 05, 2017
Roland17:
My goodness!!! Uncle Drew has got the sickest handle.

This was in March.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:48pm On Sep 05, 2017
Roland17:
I am proud of tonight's performance considering it's a back to back night with no time to rest, practice or even plan for the game. We also had some noteable absentees (Crowder and Al).

Cleavland is still the team to beat in the east, possibly in the league as of now. Uncle Drew has an unbelievable handle with the ball, he makes it seemlessly easy.

#greenrunsdeep

@ SIRcumalot, This was Nov 2016
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:52pm On Sep 05, 2017
Roland17:
Call LBJ all the names you can come up with, BUT PLEASE IN THE NAME OF BASKETBALL SINCERITY AND SANITY, PLEASE AND PLEASE EXCLUDE "CLUTCH" FROM HIS VOCABULARY.

When we discus clutch players, we are speaking of snipers that would drill your soul with 2 seconds to go and win games, we are speaking of players who stand when it's a win or lose situation, a player may score 40 points but may not be clutch...

We are talking of players (I am restricting my list to current NBA players) like Kevin Durant, James Harden, Dirk Nowitzki, Chris Paul, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen (In his prime, i am not sure he has retired), Damian Lillard, Melo (in his prime), Kyrie Irving. these guys will snuff the life out of your imaginary victory and make you curse the shot clock.

You want these guys to handle the ball in the final seconds, not necesarily because they are the best players in their teams (even though some are), but because they have the heart to stay focused.

Queen James is renowned to chock when it mattered most, Infact, during the final series against the Mavs, it was obvious he was refusing the ball during the final seconds and the media and fans did not spare him.

This was June 2016 @SIRcumalot
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2017
Roland17:
Personally i would take Kobe all day..

LBJ is talented, but i feel like he's a hyped product of the social media and ESPN..

Today's modern game has greatly evolved where shooters are the all in all there are no more low post players or defenders, that makes breezing past players easier today, like u mentioned, there is no way LBJ would have being the best in the era of Charles Barkley, Dikembe, Olajunwon, Drexler etal.

Mentally, Kobe is king over LBJ, like MJ he's able to get into your head, he takes trivial things personal in the game and it does not surprise me MJ picked him over LBJ.

Like my pal A40 noted on the NBA thread about Kobe still being relevant, competing and guarding the best players in the opposing teams, who are much younger, speaks a lot about Kobe..

LBJ can enjoy the frenzy right now, but i think Uncle Kyrie is coming faster than we imagine, that kid would happen so fast Durant would wonder how it happened!!!

@ SIRcumalot

This is as far back as 2013 shocked shocked. Kid was drafted in 2011..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 05, 2017
Df
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 05, 2017
Thoughts

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 10:16pm On Sep 05, 2017
@roland17

i see everything.seems like the basketball gods answered your prayers,we dey here to see how everything unfold.
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 11:57pm On Sep 05, 2017
Mehn!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

@Roland17, You dey see the future o... Really lovely to see fans who stick to their words.. *thumbs up bro*
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 12:06am On Sep 06, 2017
Lovely Lovely... Really appreciate everyone on this thread. I follow the thread silently and I must say, this thread is the most informative and best Basketball thread I have come across. You guys are great and I really enjoyed learning from you guys (una go think say na mere argument, but it was very educative). I just want to say thanks guys and abeg make una no relent, you guys are the best... the very best..

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:27am On Sep 06, 2017
KNIGHTBlaed:
Mehn!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

@Roland17, You dey see the future o... Really lovely to see fans who stick to their words.. *thumbs up bro*

Thanks bro
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:48pm On Sep 06, 2017
Vamosss

I need a Federer-Nadal matchup. Nadal needs to beat that wankër of a GOAT this time in straight sets. Anything less is unacceptable angry
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:44pm On Sep 06, 2017
Decale:
Vamosss

I need a Federer-Nadal matchup. Nadal needs to beat that wankër of a GOAT this time in straight sets. Anything less is unacceptable angry
Amen to that
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:57am On Sep 07, 2017
No need. Del Potro don do am. *doing the gaga shuffle*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxTU_pANdhA
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:13am On Sep 07, 2017
rotimi9:
Thoughts
One of A or D. Winning that chip at the first try would open things up for Golden State's finest just like it did with the Heatles. Last season was still stop and go and I feel these guys can still turn it up a notch as they get used to themselves more
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 9:06am On Sep 07, 2017
I don dey reason say bron not only came back to win a ring for the land but also to fork Gilbert out of his money because of that "letter".

Just saw on twitter that IT is looking for new representation we all know where this is going.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 10:48am On Sep 07, 2017
A40:
No need. Del Potro don do am. *doing the gaga shuffle*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxTU_pANdhA

Vamosssssssssss

Nadal for the 16th incoming...
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 07, 2017
A40:
One of A or D. Winning that chip at the first try would open things up for Golden State's finest just like it did with the Heatles. Last season was still stop and go and I feel these guys can still turn it up a notch as they get used to themselves more
yep I agree for D which is Durant but not for CUrry.I don't think curry is ever gonna win MVP again.he isn't d main man again.he haz to share d ball more to a more efficient scorer that is KD,a 6'11 small forward who can shoot the basketball,rebound the basketball,and defend.arguably the purest scorer in the league and one of the best TWO WAY player In the league.THAt was what happened wit Westbrook,immediately Durant left he became the MAIN guy giving him a shot at THE MVP which he won.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:07pm On Sep 07, 2017
SIRcumalot:
I don dey reason say bron not only came back to win a ring for the land but also to fork Gilbert out of his money because of that "letter".

Just saw on twitter that IT is looking for new representation we all know where this is going.
Lol Gilbert for sell that team last year when them win that Championship. The wahala too much

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:28pm On Sep 07, 2017
This guys and marketing sha!!!

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 07, 2017
A40:
Una too hype that guy abeg. Cavs fans that swore Kyrie was better than Curry are now saying Kyrie is overrated and Bron was his only ticket to relevance. I don't know what Kyrie is supposed to achieve with Dion Waiters and Anthony Bennett

And you think that because you hate him too much and refuse to give him the credit he deserves.

LOL! Kyrie is a very good player, almost as good as curry but not better than. Curry is still the most overrated mvp ever though, bare facts. I remember when some im.beciles tried to compare him to the king. LOL!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 07, 2017
Decale:

Lmaaoooooooo. I laughed for about 10 minutes before finding strength to type yo.

In as much as you want to soothe your Curry hatred with that fan analogy, do not make that bolded statement again.

The only thing and I mean only thing Kawhi has over Curry is DEFENSE. Just that. Everything else, Curry beats him in every category out there. But I don't see a Paul George with a 95 or John Wall too since they're both good 2 way players as well.

3 points, 2 points, paint, free throws, handling, assists, steals, clutch shots and every other gbogbo ti gbo.
Curry is better than Lebron in most of these departments, is he better than lebron? Lets see how deluded you are.

BTW Kawhi is arguably the best defender in the league and undoubtedly the best two way player in the league, he should be compared to currys dad, durant who i feel hes better than.

If those ratings were cos of last season, I may understand. But Westbrook and Harden had a better regular season than Bron, why aren't they 97 or 98? Ehn?
In fact why is Wall not 94 too? Tell me ooo.
Because they're looking at ability not regular season stats.

Giannis is above Kyrie, Wall, Derozan and others. I don't know why I'm taking the game serious sef
You sleeping on the greek freak definitely shows you dont watch the NBA. I'm not saying some of these stats arent off, but if this is your argument you dont know what you're saying. Giannis is undoubtedly the second best player in the east small fry.

Una like to dey talk like say Curry just start last season. Someone that averaged 25ppg [b]with 2 other players averaging 20+ppg. [/b]Meanwhile, Kawhi last season is just on par with Curry's first MVP season
LOL And how is this an extra achievement? If anything it downplays it.

How people have forgotten Mr Chef Dazzler just because of KD? Chai
Thats because the b-tch blew a 3-1 lead and had to call KD to save is as-. Now hes taken a back seat.

Wake me up when Kawhi achieves half of what Curry has.

Wake me up when Kawhi wins just one nba player of the month.

Wake me up when you have the second best league player go out and you lead your team to an NBA best number of consecutive wins
LOL, who cares about player of the month? and Isnt this the same team that got 73 wins without this second best player in the league but still blew a 3-1 lead? pffft!

Wake me up when Kawhi gets a 30 PER

Wake me up when Kawhi gets to an NBA Final
Uhhhm! He HAS won an NBA final small fry. And was named finals MVP, something curry clearly isnt capable of achieving because he is just not that kind of player.

Wake me up when Kawhi finishes 65% at the paint or 50/40/90 for the season

Wake me up when Kawhi gets 4 free throws a game and still averages 30pts. 91% at the stripe
Not all about scoring.

Wake me up when you're the second best player in your team and nearly average a triple double in the finals
Again you proving just how strong his team is, you keep downplaying his achievements yourself.

Wake me up when Kawhi wins an MVP award. Or do that with the best NBA record in history while having third best PER in history and arguably the most dominant NBA regular season ever. Kawhi can also try the unanimous thing too while at it.
Curry has 2, westbrook was mvp last year when its clear hes not the best player in the league, not even close. The has lost its credibility.

Kawhi has the best potential this next season to win the MVP but until he does that, we can hold on with the hyperbole.
You think kawhi cares about winning mvp? you dont know who kawhi is do you?

Kawhi and Curry are not in the same league? FOH! grin grin grin
LOL! Ask warriors and curry why they had to send zaza to do him dirty! Seems kawhis silent and easy going nature has resulted to people sleeping on him. SMH! Second best player in the league in my books, he should have the same rating as KD if not higher, stop comparing him to curry.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 07, 2017
Decale:
Vamosss

Nadal fan but you disrespecting federer is shameless and classless. Give the man his dues, as much as i love Nadal, federer is rightfully and undoubtedly the greatest tennis player ever. Put some respect on his name.

Am i the only objective person on this thread?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 07, 2017
Roland17:

Why do you think they are hating on Kyrie? because they know the replacements can not match Kyrie's contribution to that team. For 2 consecutive seasons, Kyrie was either better than all his team mates including Bron or at par with him.

I have to agree with Decale's post about the ratings. Those players with higher ratings have nothing on Curry and that's the truth and that includes the present Bron. I am led to believe this is all about marketing and nothing more.

First of all are you drunk?

secondly are you drunk?

Finally, i wish kyrie all the best, was and still am a big fan of his, one of my favorite players in the league for sure.

Isaiah had a much better regular season than kyrie and talking about being clutch isaiah was arguably the clutch est player in the league.

Kyries main contribution is scoring and isaiah proved hes just as good if not better at that.

As for the ratings, they gave d rose a 78 so there are definitely blunders, but as for curry, is LBj not better than him, isnt durant? isnt Kawhi? what on earth are you people saying? you lot need to get off this mans d-ck!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 07, 2017
I am optimistic about this season, i really am and its mostly because of our much stronger bench. Cedi Osman one of our silent acquisitions has been really impressing in euro basketball, might be a revelation and definitely one to watch!
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:57pm On Sep 07, 2017
Ersan:

Curry is better than Lebron in most of these departments, is he better than lebron? Lets see how deluded you are.

Are you talking about 4 time MVP, 3 time Champion and finals MVP, top 5 all time, youngest player to reach 25k points, 13 time all star and other records that can fill up a whole page?

BTW Kawhi is arguably the best defender in the league and undoubtedly the best two way player in the league, he should be compared to currys dad, durant who i feel hes better than.

This isn't about Curry Kawhi. This man don enter Durant Kawhi. grin
Can I call you okpo? I think I should

You sleeping on the greek freak definitely shows you dont watch the NBA. I'm not saying some of these stats arent off, but if this is your argument you dont know what you're saying. Giannis is undoubtedly the second best player in the east small fry.

Seuunnnn, we need somebody akant deactivated...

Just one season and he's essentially the second coming of Christ. You shoulda said he has the potential and I will leave you. What is second best in the whole Eastern conference? Undoubtedly? Someone that hasn't even played a playoff semis? Chaiiiiiii
Your NBA league pass needs to be cancelled

LOL, who cares about player of the month?

Apparently not Kawhi grin grin grin

Again you proving just how strong his team is, you keep downplaying his achievements yourself.

From your deductions, Stephen Smith, LeBron that got an L after averaging a triple double has a stronger team than warriors. Thanks for that revelation

Curry has 2, westbrook was mvp last year when its clear hes not the best player in the league, not even close. The has lost its credibility.

So an MVP award shouldn't be given to the best player that season but to the best player in the league. How lovely.

You think kawhi cares about winning mvp? you dont know who kawhi is do you?

Is that what he told you on WhatsApp? grin grin
I don't know him ooo. But your house seems close to his. So tell us what we don't know grin grin

LOL! Ask warriors and curry why they had to send zaza to do him dirty! Seems kawhis silent and easy going nature has resulted to people sleeping on him. SMH! Second best player in the league in my books, he should have the same rating as KD if not higher, stop comparing him to curry.

Has Kawhi entered top 10 all time too? I'm asking for the NBA noobs here

OKPO!!!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 10:02pm On Sep 07, 2017
Ersan:

Nadal fan but you disrespecting federer is shameless and classless. Give the man his dues, as much as i love Nadal, federer is rightfully and undoubtedly the greatest tennis player ever. Put some respect on his name.

Am i the only objective person on this thread?

At least I called Federer a GOAT before cussing him. Every great in sports gets cussed. It's not that deep

But you spat on KD, called Curry the b-word and you're the objective one? K
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:18pm On Sep 07, 2017
Ersan:

First of all are you drunk?

secondly are you drunk?

Is this really necessary?

Well, i would skip your post as i don't honor irresponsible comments, including insulting questions with responses on cyber space or in the real world.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 07, 2017
Decale:

Are you talking about 4 time MVP, 3 time Champion and finals MVP, top 5 all time, youngest player to reach 25k points, 13 time all star and other records that can fill up a whole page?
Just checking.....

This isn't about Curry Kawhi. This man don enter Durant Kawhi. grin
Can I call you okpo? I think I should
Because durant kawhi is a more sensible debate.

Seuunnnn, we need somebody akant deactivated...

Just one season and he's essentially the second coming of Christ. You shoulda said he has the potential and I will leave you. What is second best in the whole Eastern conference? Undoubtedly? Someone that hasn't even played a playoff semis? Chaiiiiiii
Your NBA league pass needs to be cancelled
This 6'11 PG single handedly carried the bucks to the playoffs and hes only going to get better. Dark horse for MVP next season, believe!

Apparently not Kawhi grin grin grin

From your deductions, Stephen Smith, LeBron that got an L after averaging a triple double has a stronger team than warriors. Thanks for that revelation
No, two parallel situations, curry performing on a strong team where hes not even the best player on. Lebron the best player on a weaker team.

So an MVP award shouldn't be given to the best player that season but to the best player in the league. How lovely.
Thats my point, winning mvp doesnt mean you're better than everyone else, just like curry winning mvp doesnt make him a better player than kawhi.

Is that what he told you on WhatsApp? grin grin
I don't know him ooo. But your house seems close to his. So tell us what we don't know grin grin
Just saying, kawhi isnt the kind of player that cares about personal accolades, hes humble quiet and very selfless.

Has Kawhi entered top 10 all time too? I'm asking for the NBA noobs here

OKPO!!!!!!
LOL!!! Has durant?

And wtf does "okpo" mean?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 07, 2017
Roland17:

Is this really necessary?

Well, i would skip your post as i don't honor irresponsible comments, including insulting questions with responses on cyber space or in the real world.

When you make ridiculous comments like that you better expect someone will ask you if you're inebriated. Not even trying to insult you, genuine question.

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (2192) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.