Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:58 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (713) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1589351 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) ... (2186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 13, 2017
Roland17:

That I know but they have never shown up even when the team is healthy. It has been the story of this franchise, I think they have to be humble about who they truly are as a team. Statements like the Cavs carefully avoided them last season or that the Celtics were not good enough even after knocking them out just makes the hype around them even more annoying.

Agreed.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:00pm On Dec 13, 2017
Thunder vs Pacers.

Have to take a quick nap not to miss this game. Two teams that contrast each other

One team is having a surprising bad season while the other is having a surprising good season

One team chokes a lead while the other team is one of the best in comebacks this season

One has bad 4th quarter performances while the other does the opposite

Then if that isn't enough, we have Ygtrece vs Oladipo

Can't wait...
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:17am On Dec 14, 2017
Roland17:

The Celtics have traditionally been a defensive team. As for this current team, intensity! intensity and wing span is the secret. When Brad started building this roster, his focus was on drafting and acquiring players with huge wing span, players who can disrupt passing lanes, intense enough to force turnovers and guard multiple positions because of their wing span.

You take a look at Brown, Tatum whom the Celtics were already going to pick considering J. Jackson blew it (It explains why Brad did not have a problem agreeing with Ainge to trade IT and trade the number 1 overall pick for Tatum), Big AL, D. Theis, Baynes, Ojeleye either have wing span or intensity and sometimes a combination of both. M. Morris fits in easily considering he is intense on defense, particularly the perimeter. There is a reason why I am convinced Brad is a very special coach who is head above many of his peers.

Since Kyrie arrived the TD garden, his defensive stats has a witnessed significant jump. He is ranked 17, last year he was not even top 100. The same goes for Big AL and Morris. It's all about coaching and having players buy into it.

The Celtics are the quintessential example of how to rebuild a franchise without tanking for a decade.

As for your Bumble Bees, I will make up my mind after your game with Brady and the Patriots next week.
Brad pound for pound is arguably the best young coach in the league. This I think he has proven beyond reasonable doubt.

Ainge made a huge gamble on guys like Rozier and Smart stepping up to limit the loss of not just IT but Avery Bradley as well, swapping Fultz who looked like an instant replacement for Tatum was also a Riverboat move which has paid off thus far. All this without Marcus Morris doing much is quite commendable.

The test would come by the playoffs time but aside the Cavs I would still fancy Boston against any other Eastern conference team. Next season would be the key because at some point dethroning the Cavs (if Lebron stays) has to be the ultimate determinant of success

Lol as for the Mighty Steelers I am quietly optimistic that this is the year we topple New England and clinch the AFC. We need a statement W and that's why I'm so pained by the Shazier injury. He is by far our most dynamic linebacker

With Big Ben , Brown , Bell and Juju Smith we would have to rely on offense to get that home field advantage which I think we would need because it's become pretty clear we can't beat New England in Foxboro
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:21am On Dec 14, 2017
OKC losing is so so needed. cheesy

Inshallah the Pacers get some help from the refs.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:11am On Dec 14, 2017
Phewwwww....almost missed the first minute. lipsrsealed
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:13am On Dec 14, 2017
Paul George being booed...will fit in well with Lonzo. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:17am On Dec 14, 2017
Westbrook already statpadding FFS. angry angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:25am On Dec 14, 2017
OLADIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOO. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:31am On Dec 14, 2017
Lmaoooo...Steven Adams just missed a dunk from 0.5metres out. grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:33am On Dec 14, 2017
Westbrook statpadding assists and rebounds first.

Cause he knows he can get buckets easily to complete the triple double.

Man has a strategy FFS. angry angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:34am On Dec 14, 2017
TJ Leaf bayyyybeehhhhh. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:36am On Dec 14, 2017
STEVENSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNN. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:41am On Dec 14, 2017
Our second string is asss FFS. angry angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:51am On Dec 14, 2017
Paul George playing like booty.

If he's getting worked up by a little booing,can he handle LA?? undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:04am On Dec 14, 2017
Mehn I'm off to bed.

The two people I really wanted to watch,are playing like scrubs.

Paul George is doing his best Kentavious Caldwell Pope impression,and Oladipo is actually nothing but a black Jimmer Fredette.

I'm ouuuttt.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:48am On Dec 14, 2017
This OKC team can cause problems if they ever get their offense in order. It's a pity such fantastic defense is going to waste

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 5:15am On Dec 14, 2017
VivaLaByke:
OKC losing is so so needed. cheesy

Inshallah the Pacers get some help from the refs.

your plan no go work..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 14, 2017
VivaLaByke:
Westbrook statpadding assists and rebounds first.

Cause he knows he can get buckets easily to complete the triple double.

Man has a strategy FFS. angry angry
I was right FFS. lipsrsealed
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:35am On Dec 14, 2017
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 14, 2017
Paul George got just 12points. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

#NotMyFutureFranchisePlayer.

WTF. lipsrsealed
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 14, 2017
LeBron is literally just telling harden I want that MVP, I'm coming for you.

I'm calling it again. Harden is going to get robbed again, don't say I didn't warn you. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 1:24pm On Dec 14, 2017
A40:
This OKC team can cause problems if they ever get their offense in order. It's a pity such fantastic defense is going to waste

That their defense is just beautiful even considering they missed Robertson yesterday

I think one of them should move to the bench probably Melo. He's the most underwhelming so far mainly from all the work he put in the off season. Also, he appears to be the shooter, catch and shoot, streak and a decent guy off the bounds. Him and Felton will smoke people...
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 1:29pm On Dec 14, 2017
DevdanSanguine:
LeBron is literally just telling harden I want that MVP, I'm coming for you.

I'm calling it again. Harden is going to get robbed again, don't say I didn't warn you. grin

Harden is not missing any player that'll reduce his usage/numbers, he's on an 11 game streak in the West and he may probably end up 1st in standings

Bron on the other hand...

Season is still quite early though
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:47pm On Dec 14, 2017
Wait Guys!!!
So that Mumu Mark Cuban offered Nerlens Noel a 4yr/$70M deal. Yes!! 76ers Noel. The idiot wanted a max, turned down the deal, fired his agent and decided to sign a 1yr/$4M deal hoping he'll prove his worth this season so he'll demand a $100M max.. The idiot now has been relegated to the bench this season, playing nonsense and went to order hotdog during halftime last week and has now had surgery on a torn ligament.

When your village people locate your center of gravity, nothing much can be done..
Greed at it's finest.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 14, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Wait Guys!!!
So that Mumu Mark Cuban offered Nerlens Noel a 4yr/$70M deal. Yes!! 76ers Noel. The idiot wanted a max, turned down the deal, fired his agent and decided to sign a 1yr/$4M deal hoping he'll prove his worth this season so he'll demand a $100M max.. The idiot now has been relegated to the bench this season, playing nonsense and went to order hotdog during halftime last week and has now had surgery on a torn ligament.

When your village people locate your center of gravity, nothing much can be done..
Greed at it's finest.

Man I'm dead cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 14, 2017
Decale:

Harden is not missing any player that'll reduce his usage/numbers, he's on an 11 game streak in the West and he may probably end up 1st in standings

Bron on the other hand...

Season is still quite early though

Last year with kyrie he averaged 29.8% usage and this year he's averaging 30.4%. Not much of a difference and I won't expect him to defer more to IT than he did kyrie. He still allows Jose or whichever PG he's playing with to run plays and have control of the ball a lot.

Harden has the highest usage percentage in the league, with a ball dominant all time great PG like Chris Paul, that will definitely reduce as the season progresses and as CP3 gets healthier. A good example is the game they played yesterday. Expect to see more of that in the future.

Let's see what happens after the all star break.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 3:32pm On Dec 14, 2017
DevdanSanguine:

Last year with kyrie he averaged 29.8% usage and this year he's averaging 30.4%. Not much of a difference and I won't expect him to defer more to IT than he did kyrie. He still allows Jose or whichever PG he's playing with to run plays and have control of the ball a lot.

He'd defer to IT cos IT is also a leader in 4th quarter points.
His minutes will reduce. What do you think will happen to his ppg, offensive shares and PER?

Harden has the highest usage percentage in the league, with a ball dominant all time great PG like Chris Paul, that will definitely reduce as the season progresses and as CP3 gets healthier. A good example is the game they played yesterday. Expect to see more of that in the future.

Lol. Harden averages more ppg in the 12 games he's played with CP3 vs when he's the PG. And CP3 is very healthy

He scored 21 points yesterday, a season low which happens once in a while. LeBron has scored 19 points this season join, so this point no really. CP3 leads the team in assists but that didn't stop Harden's 17 assists two nights ago. If anybody's usage would be reduced, it'd be Gordon.

Harden is no 1 in MVP for now cos of the Rockets and West stuff. The margin between him and Bron is much wider than that between Bron and Kyrie honestly.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 14, 2017
Cavaliers vs Lakers tonight.

LOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 14, 2017
Lonzo Ball.

1st in blocks among all NBA PG

3rd in rebounds among all NBA PG

6th in assists among all NBA PG

9th in steals among all NBA PG

Fücccckkk....Legit Rookie of The Year contender if he was averaging at least 12points per game. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 14, 2017
Decale:

He'd defer to IT cos IT is also a leader in 4th quarter points.
His minutes will reduce. What do you think will happen to his ppg, offensive shares and PER?

Lol. Harden averages more ppg in the 12 games he's played with CP3 vs when he's the PG. And CP3 is very healthy

He scored 21 points yesterday, a season low which happens once in a while. LeBron has scored 19 points this season join, so this point no really. CP3 leads the team in assists but that didn't stop Harden's 17 assists two nights ago. If anybody's usage would be reduced, it'd be Gordon.

Harden is no 1 in MVP for now cos of the Rockets and West stuff. The margin between him and Bron is much wider than that between Bron and Kyrie honestly.

Lol. Was going to give an in-depth response then I saw your last sentence. Besides, all speculative, I prefer to deal with facts not hypotheticals. IT will be back soon, like i said we'll see what happens then.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 14, 2017
VivaLaByke:
Lonzo Ball.

1st in blocks among all NBA PG

3rd in rebounds among all NBA PG

6th in assists among all NBA PG

9th in steals among all NBA PG

Fücccckkk....Legit Rookie of The Year contender if he was averaging at least 12points per game. cheesy
Nada, for me Kuzma is the best...kid gats win rookie of the year
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 14, 2017
legitimatefrank1:
Nada, for me Kuzma is the best...kid gats win rookie of the year
You feel that way because Kuz is averaging 16points per game.

(1) (2) (3) ... (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) ... (2186) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Kibbs(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.